eyeballs_on_slinky_springs.gif
ANImarsMan2C.gif
NO_fingerwag1.gif
facepalmgroup.gif
$(KGrHqNHJDcE9!W0fpmLBPVRSugDk!~~60_57.jpg
129168825521120850.gif
bob-barker.jpg
spock.gif
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

Going beddy bye...but I'll leave you with this....happy dreams!

81914226.gif81914226.gif

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy cow!
Currently at $12,561.00

......and that was the final price.

#103 11 years ago

Make any MM owner think about selling!!

#104 11 years ago

Seller fees bring his/her net probably down to ~$11,800.

I am guessing the seller is happy with that sale price. To me this is further reason that I should never sell my MM as I will NEVER be able to find/afford another one.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Make any MM owner think about selling!!

Not me.

#107 11 years ago

If I were to be honest...

Given my current life position (wifes schooling costs are way too much), an offer of 15k cash and carry would be a "make me sell it to you" sort of price that I could not refuse.

I am yet to 'beat' my MM, but maybe after the tournament I will close the outlanes and set it to 5 ball just so I can actually put up a half way decent score and see a bit more of the game. It is the most brutal game I own and I rarely can do much on it, but I keep coming back for more punishment. It will actually be kind of cool/sad to see some of the pros at the event put up huge scores even with the outlanes open and tilts tightened up.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Am I the only one who doesn't really even like MM? My wallet is at least happy with that news!

Not at all. I owned one for about four months and just didn't love it enough to keep that kind of cash tied up in a game. At 5, maybe 6K, I'd buy another and keep it, but at 10K plus it just isn't for me. Ultimately, it came down to good old fashioned "bang for the buck", which was lacking IMHO.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

it came down to good old fashioned "bang for the buck", which was lacking

This is exactly how I feel. After the initial excitement of a playing your new MM, it eventually becomes another game in the collection that gets played sometimes, and sits sometimes. But it sits with a virtual cashbox of $12000 inside.

I think this is the opinion of every BBB owner - it's more valuable than it is fun. Hard to sell, but not necessarily because it's better to play than other games after awhile.

It would bug me having so much tied up in a pinball machine that is not substantially different from many other lesser priced games. I'm not bashing the game -it's good. I'm bashing the cost. Play and fun is more important than prestige for me.

If you bought one for several thousand dollars less, it's different.

However, there are so many other games that are comparable (or better) play-wise for less.

#110 11 years ago

16.5k, chromed out, mirror blades, pdi glass, LED trolls, subwoofer, extra plastic set, clean, lot nicer than that one......cash and carry only. PM me if interested. 43130. No offers,no trades, will sell at price.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, Josh!...I played a few games at the Allentown show. I thought it was real good...but not great! I enjoy Scared Stiff and AFM more.....just me...

I love attack from mars. Its easy to learn but for some reason so much fun to play!

#112 11 years ago

Game has been re-listed as the Ebay buyer did not pay for it.

ebay.com link: Medieval Madness Bally Machine Pinball Clean Working NO RESERVE

Got to change the old saying:, "A pin is not worth what somebody is willing to pay, but rather what they can pay".

I say the game will get 1k less than the last auction.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Got to change the old saying:, "A pin is not worth what somebody is willing to pay, but rather what they can pay".

At least 1k less. I'm thinking it comes in closer to 10k this time. The second place bidder will have lost some excitement to and will probably have a lower ceiling this time.

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

16.5k, chromed out, mirror blades, pdi glass, LED trolls, subwoofer, extra plastic set, clean, lot nicer than that one......cash and carry only. PM me if interested. 43130. No offers,no trades, will sell at price.

Let us know if you get that price. Sounds like a really nice example. Good luck.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

The high bidder found this thread and decided he paid too much. lol

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The high bidder found this thread and decided he paid too much. lol

He felt Shazaamed! LOL!

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He felt Shazaamed! LOL!

I guess.. he was the one bidding on it.

#118 11 years ago

So its the same seller in the same location... on the left coast... I wonder if this is the first shipment of Chinese knockoffs. It had to happen sooner or later.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

So its the same seller in the same location... on the left coast... I wonder if this is the first shipment of Chinese knockoffs. It had to happen sooner or later.

The lengths some people will go to when trying to pull down the perceived value of MM is amazing to me. This is the second time I have heard someone try to claim there are Asian made MM knockoffs in the market. If you are going to spout such outlandish stuff then the least you could do is make up a good back story to try and make it more believable and provide some entertainment. I think the last guy claimed he saw a storage locker with a few brand new MMs. Provide some evidence of your claims or GTFO.

Anyone that takes 2 seconds to look at the listings comes to the obvious and logical conclusion...
It is the same damn pin. The seller re-listed it because the previous winning bidder did not pay.

#120 11 years ago

Back to my original guess.....11.2k on this relist.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The lengths some people will go to when trying to pull down the perceived value of MM is amazing to me. This is the second time I have heard someone try to claim there are Asian made MM knockoffs in the market. If you are going to spout such outlandish stuff then the least you could do is make up a good back story to try and make it more believable and provide some entertainment. I think the last guy claimed he saw a storage locker with a few brand new MMs. Provide some evidence of your claims or GTFO.
Anyone that takes 2 seconds to look at the listings comes to the obvious and logical conclusion...
It is the same damn pin. The seller re-listed it because the previous winning bidder did not pay.

Totally agree and I often times disagree with this poster's views. While loads of fake stuff comes out of Asia I do not believe pinball machines will be items they fake, probably ever. Too intrical. Too many moving parts. Too little margin. If we are lucky we may one day start getting fake parts...like playfields...that would actually help the hobby.

#122 11 years ago

No such thing as a "knock off" MM.

#123 11 years ago

Have to say, this is the WORST place to determine value...

#124 11 years ago

What??? The shill bidder didn't pay? What a surprise!!

#125 11 years ago

That MM lOOked like Hell too.. CrazzY / insane money

#126 11 years ago

Don't get you panties in a wad. I said "I wonder if" not THEY ARE!

#127 11 years ago

Suspicious how the seller relisted less than 24 hours after the first auction ended because the seller didn't pay, (what, buyers only get 24 hours to pay these days?). Why wouldn't he sell to the second highest bidder for only 61 bucks less? It would be great if he got hung out after possibly having his friend(s) shill bid him right into some unexpected, yet substantial final value fees

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Suspicious how the seller relisted less than 24 hours after the first auction ended because the seller didn't pay,

If the buyer cooperates, a transaction can be cancelled within minutes after auction and all final value fees will be reimbursed. If the buyer is MIA, the seller needs to open a non paying bidder case (or whatever) and wait a specified amount of time. I think it's a week or so.

The guy with 145 feedback score is the same guy who came in second last time and ran the auction all the way up to $12.5K. He has two bid retractions in the last year, which would concern me if i were a bidder. Actually, I take that back as I don't bid more than i'm willing to pay on ebay items...

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Suspicious how the seller relisted less than 24 hours after the first auction ended because the seller didn't pay, (what, buyers only get 24 hours to pay these days?). Why wouldn't he sell to the second highest bidder for only 61 bucks less? It would be great if he got hung out after possibly having his friend(s) shill bid him right into some unexpected, yet substantial final value fees

Yep; there was some shill bidding going on there and the seller got stuck with it, clearly. I think davewth's initial guess on the value/price of the machine will be where it would honestly end. Somewhere around 10k I believe it was.

#130 11 years ago

There are knockoff MMs out there, maybe not Asian, but they are 100% in existence.

**Don't shoot the messenger, bitches**

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There are knockoff MMs out there, maybe not Asian, but they are 100% in existence.

Are you talking about the one or two that were built from parts or possibly the simulated versions? You are not talking about large numbers of fakes being made for profit though correct?

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are you talking about the one or two that were built from parts or possibly the simulated versions? You are not talking about large numbers of fakes being made for profit though correct?

Impossible to say how many are out there.

Anyone could take a junky game like NBAFB, drop in a playfield, new roms, trolls castles towers translite decals and have a beautiful forgery.

The exploding castle base is a hard part to find, but anyone who has a laser cutter at work (like Cliffy) could make a pile of them.

The wire ramps are hard to find, but anyone with a TIG welder at work could create them in a few hours.

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I agree 100% that there are "clone" MM's out there. That being said, I think the picture that has been painted in the past is that there is some clandestine factory "somewhere" pumping out these in large volume, which i don't think is happening. If it is, they are silently infiltrating people's collections and are flying underneath the radar.

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I agree 100% that there are "clone" MM's out there. That being said, I think the picture that has been painted in the past is that there is some clandestine factory "somewhere" pumping out these in large volume, which i don't think is happening. If it is, they are silently infiltrating people's collections and are flying underneath the radar.

I actually wish such a factory existed. That would be great for the hobby.

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I actually wish such a factory existed. That would be great for the hobby.

Great for you maybe, LOL.

Bad for me and my real silkscreen cabinet, no decals, $$$$$ MM.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Great for you maybe, LOL.
Bad for me and my real silkscreen cabinet, no decals, $$$$$ MM.

True. The people who have fought, searched, and saved for an original MM are harmed by that . . . but, if MM really is the greatest pinball machine ever made as the rankings would have everyone believe (I rank MM high, it is good, not the best in my view but very very good) then more of these machines need to be out there to bring more people into pinball.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Yes!!! This is what I'm referring to when I say there are no "knock offs". Of course, some have been built with B/W parts from WPC95 games. a Pinsider did this exact thing and posted it on here. Turns out, it actually cost him more in the long run to build one, but cost cutting wasn't his motivation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-mine-mm-no-reserve-on-ebay/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.