• 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09284.JPG
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

I learned a long time ago that everything does have a price, no matter how much I like it. My wake up call came when I got a Lowery C-500 Celebration organ for free off of CL just because the guy didn't want to move it. We stopped off for lunch with the organ in the back of the truck on the way back and an older man came to me and asked what I would sell the organ for, he wanted to buy for his church. Having not even gotten the chance to play it yet and really excited about it, I said I didn't want to sell. He offered me $2,000 cash on the spot, just to put it in his truck. Stupidly, I let me enthusiasm to enjoy the organ cloud my mind. I took the organ back, played and enjoyed it for about a year, and then sold it for $500 after it sitting on CL for sale forever. No matter how much it hurts, I'll never make that mistake again. You can always get another one (unless its Pinball Circus ), but you may never get that kind of offer again.

#52 10 years ago

You guys saying no amount of money would buy my (insert title here) are full of bovine excrement. Unless you ARE Bill Gates, I bet you would react much like John Cleese in this funky old English comedy.
www.youtube.com/embed/NK4jO80rmc0

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

No, for the right price, I'd sell any machine I have

I'm not anxious enough to make a crazy over market value offer, but since we're on this topic, any interest in selling or trade plus cash for RS? PM if so.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I'm not anxious enough to make a crazy over market value offer, but since we're on this topic, any interest in selling or trade plus cash for RS? PM if so.

I am quite attached to this machine, best example I have ever seen short of HEP or Treasurecove restored but like I said, for the right price, sure I'd sell. My price would NOT be a fair price to the buyer but as I said, I would sell for the right money. PM me if you are serious.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I sold a game recently and when he came to pick it up he noticed that I had a Gn'r and asked if it was for sale after I said NO @%^$%^$& WAY!! he made a retarded offer for it and still I said NO &^%$^%^$ WAY AM I SELLING!!! he kept adding hundreds to the offer needless to say my Gn'r still has roots into my floor. Anybody here have a title that Bill gates does not have enough money to buy from you?
Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

I'd sell my mom for the right price

#56 10 years ago

I don't sell games too often, but just about any game would go at the right price. I figure there's a formula to it. If the offer is high enough that I feel I could replace the game with ease and pocket enough extra money for it to be worth my while, it could happen.

However, the two games that I get the most unsolicited offers for are Mystery Castle and Ghostbusters. I get inquiries on these all the time, but they would be the hardest to let go. MC would be very difficult to replace and GB would be impossible, so it would have to be sick crazy money on those at this point.

Brian

#57 10 years ago

Yeah, I bought my first Scared Stiff for about $3,400 and thought I'd never sell. Put in a few more mods, Invisiglass and a Topper. Was offered over $5,500 for it and...out the door! (guess, what? I got another one)

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from cranie:

I'd sell my mom for the right price

I'd totally sell your mom!

#59 10 years ago

I guess it all depends on how much money we're talking about. I've had people offer me way over market value for a couple of my pins, and I turned them down. Everything has a price, though.

#60 10 years ago

Nope! If someone brings Stupid money, it's all for sale. My stupid might be different than another guys stupid. But, for stupid money it's all for sale!

Jaz

#61 10 years ago

Give me 2x market on any of my machines and you can have it.

I'll just replace it and keep the difference.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

NO &^%$^%^$ WAY AM I SELLING!!! he kept adding hundreds to the offer needless to say my Gn'r still has roots into my floor.

My sentiments exactly.

#63 10 years ago

I have a 3 screen strike fighter arcade. Nicest one you will find (brand new os controls). My current price if someone wants to take it home is $15,000 and I am not helping move it! I don't have a pin I am that attached to yet. $1000 over market and it takes one I am not selling home!

#64 10 years ago

I just got my second BSD from the Director after regretting selling the first one about a year ago. i never say never about getting rid of any game but it would take alot of money to get me to part with this one.

#65 10 years ago

I got a desw signed by the cast recently. I had to pay top dollar to pry it out of the seller's hands but she ain't going anywhere now.

#66 10 years ago

If it is a game I play all the time, well of course the price would be silly money. I have a Harlem Globetrotters that I'd sell, but the cost would be at least 3 times the normal market. That is just because I play it almost every day and really enjoy the game. It is set up awesome for my tastes and would take a bunch of work for me to replace. The fun I am getting from the machine is worth that price to me.

Of course I have other games that I'd sell at a normal price if someone was at my house and took a shine to them. It is just a matter of how much I enjoy the game. The more I play it, the higher the price would be to take it away.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I would disagree....when I was searching for a Mystery Castle, I would PM a few of the regular pinsiders here that I knew had one, to see if A) they were interested in selling, B) if not, then keep me in mind in the future, and C) keep on the lookout for one, since owners seem to travel in packs. I was always courteous, apologized for intrusion, and thanked them for their time. And in the end, it worked as I both met several enthusiastic MC owners and met a Pinsider who decided to sell me theirs. This is a forum of like minded enthusiasts...I welcome anyone to PM anytime. I don't find it rude at all.

+1. That's how I bought my MM. I contacted owners of MM (found through another site) and politely inquired about potentially selling. One responded with might sell but not ready yet. Stayed in touch once every 5 months and after two years he sold me his MM. Made a new pinhead friend and found my MM at a reasonable price. I don't find it rude either when people reach out to me. This is what makes the hobby fun - meeting each other with similar likes.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

+1. That's how I bought my MM. I contacted owners of MM (found through another site) and politely inquired about potentially selling. One responded with might sell but not ready yet. Stayed in touch once every 5 months and after two years he sold me his MM. Made a new pinhead friend and found my MM at a reasonable price. I don't find it rude either when people reach out to me. This is what makes the hobby fun - meeting each other with similar likes.

Is it okay if I send you e-mail every five months?

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Is it okay if I send you e-mail every five months?

Absolutely. Never know, nice to have a buyer lined up just in case.

#70 10 years ago

On the one hand I agree that everything has a price.

On the other hand I'd hate to be tempted to sell my DP Funhouse for any amount, my dear departed wife got it for me for Xmas 2008 and got me back into this crazy hobby. It's irreplaceable.

#71 10 years ago

I spent 10 years looking for my house, and if someone walked in with a stupid offer, it'd be gone before you could finish reading this sentence.

Everything is for sale at a price.

#72 10 years ago

What we are learning in this thread is we are all whores.

#73 10 years ago

No

Everything in this world has a price. Everything....

#74 10 years ago

Everything in this world has a price

I just bought back my old mountain bike from a buddy and it will never leave my possession again till the day I die, actually, Im having a huge pinball coffin built and its coming with me.

DSC09284.JPGDSC09284.JPG

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just bought back my old mountain bike from a buddy and it will never leave my possession again till the day I die, actually, Im having a huge pinball coffin built and its coming with me.

I plan on being buried in my LOTR.

#76 10 years ago

Hey,

I was in SS Billiards a couple weeks back, and I was talking with a guy while we were playing Wizard of Oz. He mentioned a conversation he had with another fellow:

Other guy: I want your Black Spider-Man
Guy: $9,0000
Other guy: A little over-priced, isn't it?
Guy: Don't really want to sell.

Couple weeks later, other guy says he has the money. My guy says "for what?", other guy says for the Spider-Man. The guy I was talking to said he helped the other guy load it.

For me, with only one exception, any of my games can move; it's just a matter of money.

Luke

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I'd normally agree with you, but I actually was stupid an debunked that theory when I was younger (and maybe just stupid).

I was working at a major consumer electronics networking company and was just offered promotion to head Online Marketing & E-Commerce. A major wireless hardware communications company I worked for 2 years earlier came knocking on my door. They had signed a partnership with another major company (joint venture) and the GM was referred to me to head the business intelligence practice for the effort. I took the meeting and interviewed with the lady. Next day I called her and told her from a career perspective, the promotion at my current company I was more interested in as it diversified my experience and met my current interests more. She asked to meet for breakfast so we can discuss one more time.

At breakfast we talked and she tried to convince me how if I came over this would open doors for my career as this would be high profile in both companies tied to the JV. I respectfully listened and declined. Next part sincerely is no BS. She said ok before you leave breakfast, open this envelope - I think it may influence your decision and get you to reconsider. I pushed it back to her and said I really don't want to open that envelope because I know it will change my mind. I'm flattered but I need to stick to my decision and follow my passion and career path. She said she was shocked and impressed that I stuck to my guns. She asked me one more time - you sure you really don't want to peak. Again, I declined. I was 27 at the time.

I'm proud of that moment but I still wonder - what was inside that envelope. When I told my wife, she called me an idiot and laughed. As I type this I just asked if she remembered that story and she said yeah stupid.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

No

I completely disagree,I have a muscle car that I built out of high school that has a pretty high monetary value but I would NOT sell it,there is not enough money printed for me to let it go and I have had some STUPID offers for it,I know everybody here would call bullshit but I mean literally there is no amount of money that would buy it.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'd normally agree with you, but I actually was stupid an debunked that theory when I was younger (and maybe just stupid).
I was working at a major consumer electronics networking company and was just offered promotion to head Online Marketing & E-Commerce. A major wireless hardware communications company I worked for 2 years earlier came knocking on my door. They had signed a partnership with another major company (joint venture) and the GM was referred to me to head the business intelligence practice for the effort. I took the meeting and interviewed with the lady. Next day I called her and told her from a career perspective, the promotion at my current company I was more interested in as it diversified my experience and met my current interests more. She asked to meet for breakfast so we can discuss one more time.
At breakfast we talked and she tried to convince me how if I came over this would open doors for my career as this would be high profile in both companies tied to the JV. I respectfully listened and declined. Next part sincerely is no BS. She said ok before you leave breakfast, open this envelope - I think it may influence your decision and get you to reconsider. I pushed it back to her and said I really don't want to open that envelope because I know it will change my mind. I'm flattered but I need to stick to my decision and follow my passion and career path. She said she was shocked and impressed that I stuck to my guns. She asked me one more time - you sure you really don't want to peak. Again, I declined. I was 27 at the time.
I'm proud of that moment but I still wonder - what was inside that envelope. When I told my wife, she called me an idiot and laughed. As I type this I just asked if she remembered that story and she said yeah stupid.

Good for you,that decision placed you where you are today.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I plan on being buried in my LOTR.

With the glass on or off? lol

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I completely disagree,I have a muscle car that I built out of high school that has a pretty high monetary value but I would NOT sell it,there is not enough money printed for me to let it go and I have had some STUPID offers for it,I know everybody here would call bullshit but I mean literally there is no amount of money that would buy it.

I think I can take that car in a race Dodge boy

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Good for you,that decision placed you where you are today.

Very true.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I think I can take that car in a race Dodge boy

I'll give ya a shot at the SLOWWWW white one first lol you should have no complaints with your 'bee

#84 10 years ago

Show me tha money........everything and everyone has a price, I wanted my mates T3 fully shopped he said he would never sell it........until he saw my Jackbot and my nba jam arcade machine and we did the deal......never say never!

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Show me tha money........everything and everyone has a price, I wanted my mates T3 fully shopped he said he would never sell it........until he saw my Jackbot and my nba jam arcade machine and we did the deal......never say never!

Does a guy that feels as though he as enough money to be happy have a price?

#86 10 years ago

I've only waiting for 18+ years to get a STTNG so I dont think I will be getting rid of it anytime soon...

#87 10 years ago

Not for sale?

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Anybody here have a title that Bill gates does not have enough money to buy from you?

No.
For the right number he gets the all the pins,cars,motorcycle and some clothes that are to large to fit him.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Does a guy that feels as though he as enough money to be happy have a price?

Yes they all have a price, he would of sacrificed something to get all that money

#90 10 years ago

I would NEVER sell my IJ....sorry. NO amount of money could get it (within reason - I mean if someone offered a cool million....)
I am not a rich guy, but I don't really need the money. I have already over-paid for some of my pins but that is just because I am impatient and didn't want to wait for them to come around cheaper.
Every-time I get a pin, it is a bitch to find someone to help me move it in....not many of my friends share the pinball enthusiasm - the ones that do - are girls....love 'em, but not much help when it comes to carrying them downstairs.

So to avoid the hassles of finding the title I like, driving who knows how long to pick it up, getting it across the border (if I go that route), finding help to get it in, dealing with the wife ..... I would just as soon keep my game......

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Yes they all have a price, he would of sacrificed something to get all that money

So a rich man that inherited off a distant dead relative sacrificed?? a lotto winner?? at the end of the day you can only shit in one crapper so why sell out if you don't need the cash?

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I'm not a rich guy but am comfortable with my earnings and there are items that I own that could not be bought for millions.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I'm not a rich guy but am comfortable with my earnings and there are items that I own that could not be bought for millions.

You are either a) young b) happy or c) rich already...........I hate you whatever one it is (just kidding)

I am always on the lookout for a future ex thing to sell.

#94 10 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he (or she, can't tell by the username) said.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

You are either a) young b) happy or c) rich already...........I hate you whatever one it is (just kidding)

Not enough of a, I am for sure b, and I wish that I was c. lol

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

He's Canadian. Ever noticed how mellow they are? Kinda FrEaKy if you ask me.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he (or she, can't tell by the username) said.

I need to man up on the username eh.

Quoted from swf127:

He's Canadian. Ever noticed how mellow they are? Kinda FrEaKy if you ask me.

Yeah, I found Canada and Canadians to be very similar to New Zealand and kiwis (population numbers aside) very chilled and friendly, hell Vancouver airport reminded me so much of Wellington airport I felt like I lived there, city was a tad larger though

Mark.

#98 10 years ago

For truly stupid money I'll sell the pins and the house they come in!

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

So a rich man that inherited off a distant dead relative sacrificed?? a lotto winner?? at the end of the day you can only shit in one crapper so why sell out if you don't need the cash?

So someone died for a rich man so a life was sacrifice..........lotto, well we spend money for years and years before we jag it or we don't so money was sacrificed to win lotto, if someone made an unbelievable offer then 99% of people would pull the trigger.

1 week later
#100 10 years ago

Pins are just stuff - I like stuff - I collect stuff - Stuff doesn't make me who I am - I'll sell stuff - I'll buy Stuff - I can live without stuff, but it's fun to have stuff when I can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-for-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.