• 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09284.JPG
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I sold a game recently and when he came to pick it up he noticed that I had a Gn'r and asked if it was for sale after I said NO @%^$%^$& WAY!! he made a retarded offer for it and still I said NO &^%$^%^$ WAY AM I SELLING!!! he kept adding hundreds to the offer needless to say my Gn'r still has roots into my floor. Anybody here have a title that Bill gates does not have enough money to buy from you?

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago

No, for the right price, I'd sell any machine I have, they can all be replaced and not to sound too trollish, especially GNR, I cringe when I hear Axel Rose, worst "singer" ever.

#3 10 years ago

No also.

Show me the crazy money!!

Haha

rd.

#4 10 years ago

I have a LOTR and expert appraisers say its worth well over 8k, but Id never sell it for that.

#5 10 years ago

It'd be pretty hard to sell my MC...only 200 made, so the thought that it could be replaced is a little less easy to swallow.

#6 10 years ago

or course, crazy money buy anything, i mean... crazy!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

No, for the right price, I'd sell any machine I have, they can all be replaced and not to sound too trollish, especially GNR, I cringe when I hear Axel Rose, worst "singer" ever.

^^
Worst ever. agree.
-mof

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have a LOTR and expert appraisers say its worth well over 8k, but Id never sell it for that.

Me too! $8200 for mine.

Nice one, CF.

#9 10 years ago

For the right money? No. If some dingleberry wants to pay me many multiples of what I have in a game, it's probably going out the door. So many times this has happened we have a standing rule: if we ever own the same game a second time, it's only sellable in the event of dire emergency. Otherwise.....everything else is fair game.

#10 10 years ago

Calgary is crazy isn't it. I have a Whirlwind that I'm restoring and guaranteed when people come over to see other pins I have for sale they will want it and not whatever else I'm selling. It happened before with my Whitewater. I find it hard to say no to crazy money however and Whitewater is now someone elses. Hopefully Whirlwind will be here to stay. Same with my gorgeous Paragon. But then again it is Calgary.

#11 10 years ago

You guys make it sound so easy to get great "playing" games. I know when I have a game dialed in playing great, makes it hard to leave, really hard. To later on get a decent playing game or even worse a piece of routed junk, it hurts.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Quoted from mof:

^^
Worst ever. agree.
-mof

Really?? He may not be the greatest but he is definitely not the worst!! Many others come to mind before Axl! He was an icon...deservedly so.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Mine is the finest non-HUO LOTR you'll ever see. Worth at least $10K, but I wouldn't sell for less than $25K. It is my precious!!!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I sold a game recently and when he came to pick it up he noticed that I had a Gn'r and asked if it was for sale after I said NO @%^$%^$& WAY!! he made a retarded offer for it and still I said NO &^%$^%^$ WAY AM I SELLING!!! he kept adding hundreds to the offer needless to say my Gn'r still has roots into my floor. Anybody here have a title that Bill gates does not have enough money to buy from you?

Hey,I wanted that game first

#15 10 years ago

I almost lost my GnR.

My "crazy" price was 6K when the guy asked, and he said yes. I'd only have sold it to buy a nicer one........

I'm actually glad he didn't come back from "going to the bank".

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

No such thing. I appreciate your passion, but I'm sure there's a price that will uproot GNR from your floor. And saying its "$10,000" or some other fabulous sum (unless your game is CQ of course) might be disingenuous. Only you really know...tell us?

Example: even though I could buy an Avengers LE for the low to mid 5's I probably wouldn't sell mine for any less than $7,500. It was a birthday present, my first NIB, I LOOVVVEEE it, and it would be a pita to sell it and find another. I don't want to sell my Avengers LE...but I probably would if someone put $7,500 in my hands. Maybe it would take $8k. Would depend on the day.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

??? What did you do, sign it or something?

#18 10 years ago

Trilogy Brewing Co is Not for sale .

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No such thing. I appreciate your passion, but I'm sure there's a price that will uproot GNR from your floor. And saying its "$10,000" or some other fabulous sum (unless your game is CQ of course) might be disingenuous. Only you really know...tell us?
Example: even though I could buy an Avengers LE for the low to mid 5's I probably wouldn't sell mine for any less than $7,500. It was a birthday present, my first NIB, I LOOVVVEEE it, and it would be a pita to sell it and find another. I don't want to sell my Avengers LE...but I probably would if someone put $7,500 in my hands. Maybe it would take $8k. Would depend on the day.

If all you are going to do is hold onto the cash and are not wanting for anything then why sell?? and no 10k I still would not sell it,not because it's worth more just because it's worth more to me.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Hey,I wanted that game first

I might sell to you cuz then I can hang out and get trashed on your metle lol

#21 10 years ago

I think I will wait for Iron Maiden
Come play some metallica,sub and shaker added now.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I think I will wait for Iron Maiden
Come play some metallica,sub and shaker added now.

If maiden is next then fuck metallica.....lol gotcha!!!!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

If all you are going to do is hold onto the cash and are not wanting for anything then why sell?? and no 10k I still would not sell it,not because it's worth more just because it's worth more to me.

Ok let look at this reasonably. First off you love the game, I get it. However, die tomorrow and your family is going to sell it to a guy that knows it's worth more than the $500.00 he is paying them. So, my idea is to sell it to me for $30,000 pesos (exchange rate $2,373.90 roughly, depend when your reading this). I do not blame you for not selling it. I have sold a few I could kick myself in the butt on.

#24 10 years ago

Don't get attached. Sell sell sell....

#25 10 years ago

When the time comes for me to vacate my family knows what they are worth, hmmmm $30,000 pesos exchange on our dollar... shit I think you just bought a Gn'r lol

#26 10 years ago

I have a Space Shuttle that someone offered me $2300 for. I turned it down. Don't know if that was the best thing to do but I know that I couldn't replace it for less than that. It's really nice. Sometimes it's not about the money. Maybe if they said $3000???? One big maybe???

#27 10 years ago

Send me the name of the gnr buyer. Ill sell him a nice one probably for cheaper and go buy another with profit. Cha ching

#28 10 years ago

As Neo taught me on his famous past FS thread....I guess anything in my collection is for sale for crazy money. A few titles have sentimental value, but crazy offers may be accepted. My collection is sweet condition though no butterfaces here. Giddy up! Honestly, I don't sell often because I know I'll be hard pressed to find like replacement condition.

I need a rich new collector in the hobby or a millionaire athlete/celebrity to offer me a crazy deal for my whole collection. All 23 pins in one deal. Would I??

#29 10 years ago

It's not for sale FRAN SASS

#30 10 years ago

I haven't had people over to my home, but I do get PMs with some regularity asking to buy things from me simply because I mentioned owning them in one thread or another. For instance, I have received several emails and PMs offering money for my NOS Taxi Spinout Ramp even though it has never been offered for sale. My EBD gets unsolicited offers as well. On the other hand, no one as offered to buy Galaxy from me. The closest I've come to stupid money is a $300 offer for the SPinout Ramp. I said no, but I would trade it for a Space Shuttle or a Sorcerer or an EBD repro PF, so I guess I do have a price.

-Steve

#31 10 years ago

Seems to me that unsolicited offers to buy a game/part simply because you mentioned owning one in a thread is pretty f'ing rude IMO. Unless I post something for sale, it's NOT for sale!... Can't stand rudeness!!

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#32 10 years ago

TSPP is not for sale!!!

#33 10 years ago

everything has a price

#34 10 years ago

Take stupid money to sell my James Bond but the others all have their prices.

#35 10 years ago

Nah, I'd sell whatever for the right price. I really loved a Theatre of Magic I found for $500. I was trying to sell a No Fear, but the buyer kept pointing at my ToM. Finally, I said $3k and you can have it. He bought it. I've always kind of regretted it, especially since its gone even further up than that.

#36 10 years ago

At first I was going to say my Doctor Who that I have had for 21 years would never be for sale . . . but as others have said there is a price for most tangible items and even my Doctor Who would be gone at some ridiculous price that no one sane would ever agree to pay. 10k would probably do it.

#37 10 years ago

I own something thats worth nothing, and I would never sell it, even for a million bucks.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

I own something thats worth nothing, and I would never sell it, even for a million bucks.

BBH? I kid. I kid.

#39 10 years ago

I once had a history teacher who used to say "Everything I own is for sale, if the price is right".

Yeah, if someone will pay me twice what my house is worth, I'll sell it.
Same for my pins and lots of other stuff.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Seems to me that unsolicited offers to buy a game/part simply because you mentioned owning one in a thread is pretty f'ing rude IMO. Unless I post something for sale, it's NOT for sale!... Can't stand rudeness!!
-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

Lighten up Dude. They're just asking.

#41 10 years ago

Like my older, wiser friend says:" I aint running no museum here!"

In other words, everthing is for sale at the right price.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

I would disagree....when I was searching for a Mystery Castle, I would PM a few of the regular pinsiders here that I knew had one, to see if A) they were interested in selling, B) if not, then keep me in mind in the future, and C) keep on the lookout for one, since owners seem to travel in packs. I was always courteous, apologized for intrusion, and thanked them for their time. And in the end, it worked as I both met several enthusiastic MC owners and met a Pinsider who decided to sell me theirs. This is a forum of like minded enthusiasts...I welcome anyone to PM anytime. I don't find it rude at all.

#43 10 years ago

I thought that I would never sell my two grails - Varkon and BBB. The right amount of money came along and away they went. I think silly money can buy anything I have except maybe AFM.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

I haven't had people over to my home, but I do get PMs with some regularity asking to buy things from me simply because I mentioned owning them in one thread or another.

In that case.... I have an F-14 Tomcat that I'm trying to restore. NOS clear coated playfield, new plastics/targets. Put in a new LED display, new speakers, new coindoor, all that good stuff. It's definitely taught me to respect people who restore for a living, because I suck at it. Always wanted an F-14 since I was a kid. I'd never sell it before I finished it, or even after........(Cough)

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

As Neo taught me on his famous past FS thread....I guess anything in my collection is for sale for crazy money. A few titles have sentimental value, but crazy offers may be accepted. My collection is sweet condition though no butterfaces here. Giddy up! Honestly, I don't sell often because I know I'll be hard pressed to find like replacement condition.

I agree. I rarely sell any of my games because it would be difficult to find examples in the same condition. However if I was thrown crazy money for any of them I would not turn it down.

#46 10 years ago

A lot of my games have left with this exact thing happening. I always figure I enjoy the hunt for another and then making it look the same or better than the one I sold.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I would disagree....when I was searching for a Mystery Castle, I would PM a few of the regular pinsiders here that I knew had one, to see if A) they were interested in selling, B) if not, then keep me in mind in the future, and C) keep on the lookout for one, since owners seem to travel in packs. I was always courteous, apologized for intrusion, and thanked them for their time. And in the end, it worked as I both met several enthusiastic MC owners and met a Pinsider who decided to sell me theirs. This is a forum of like minded enthusiasts...I welcome anyone to PM anytime. I don't find it rude at all.

I agree Robert, I do this all of the time. It's all in the way you present it. I'm never rude about it and it has turned out that some people are actually interested in selling or will contact me about one they come across. I've really never offered a price in an initial contact and usually just ask if they would consider selling a pin. If they say they are not interested, I leave it at that; if it's something I really want, I certainly understand why they want to keep it. I've never had a rude reply from any of my contacts and most people are really super nice when you ask. I've even had a few people contact me about my Fathom; it's not for sale, but it's sort of cool knowing you own something someone else is looking for and I'm always happy to talk shop about a machine(s) and wish them luck in their hunt. Again, I think if you are kind and your initial PM/email is presented in a non-aggressive manner, it's perfectly fine to ask.

To get back on the subject, I think crazy money can buy about anything. Maybe not at the present, but putting up a big offer can get stuck in someone's head and stay with them until they are comfortable selling. As my grandfather once said when someone asked if one of his favorite trucks was for sale when they came to actually came to look at another one that was, "Everything's for sale if you've got enough money."

#48 10 years ago

I would say take $10k for GNR and buy 2 pins.... Another GNR and something else? Why wouldn't you? Of course I am not sure what you were offered, but it must not have been enough.

I have pins I love and "would never sell" but that means at retail. If someone wanted it bad enough I could be talked into selling.

#49 10 years ago

My TRON LE is bolted to the ground.

$25K...and I'll say keep looking.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

And if it comes with an autographed apron? Fuhgettaboutit...unobtanium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.