Not cool ...

By gweempose

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I wouldn't have even been aware of this if it wasn't for a post over at Pinball Bash. KickAssPinball has one of the new CPR repro TZ mini-playfields up on Ebay right now with a starting bid of $400 and a "Buy it Now" price of $500. They even cut and pasted all of the text right off CPR's website. Considering these are still in stock at CPR for $149, I'd say it takes a lot of balls to do this. It's one thing to try and flip it when they are no longer available, but this is just a dick move in my opinion. What do you guys think?

ebay.com link: New Twilight Zone Pinball Mini Playfield Proto type

#2 13 years ago

Not Cool

#3 13 years ago

Good point gweempose (how you feelin by the way?).

I sent the seller a question basically asking him if his product was different than the one posted on CPR to make it worth $250 more than theirs.

I also pointed him to this thread so he could see that some in the pinball world don't appreciate that type of over-inflating Pinball prices. (Hope you don't mind).

G

#4 13 years ago

Totally un-cool...

#5 13 years ago

G,

I don't mind at all that you pointed the seller to this thread. In fact, I'm glad you did. I certainly don't have any type of personal grudge against the seller. I've never done business with them, but it really bugs me when people try to take advantage of others like this.

And I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking.

#6 13 years ago

I agree. Not to mention the fact that it's practices like the one you pointed out here that artificially inflate the Price / Cost of Pinball parts on the eBay market.

Unfortuntely, he is within his right to post a product at a rediculous price, and unfortunately, someone will probably eventually buy it. But, we can speak our mind also eh?

G

#8 13 years ago

Well, he did reply to my question... see below.

Dear doglilly2,

I could careless, if you think you can get one for $149 go get one. Who cares? Usually the people that couldn't or didn't buy one care. How many people do you know that buy a machine that sell it for more than they paid for it? Free enterprise.

- kickasspinball

#9 13 years ago

WOW, what a prick...

#10 13 years ago

A real winner for sure...deserves a "kickass" but not in his "pinball"

#11 13 years ago

That response just validates all of the thoughts I already had about the guy.

#12 13 years ago

I think ebay is so yesterday does anyone really use it anymore?
maybe on the small crap but on whole machines it's C-list all the way.

Got an email not too long ago about a pin I have on the pinball owners site out of Italy,
a fellow in the UK found that someone used a photo of my 'Alpine Club'
to try and sell his or hers on ebay (UK) Of course I have a bar name and phone #
on the backglass that was an option for those Wms/Rockola merger era pins.
I think he looked up the bar and phone number and found it was a pub in N.J./U.S.A.

Always be suspicious

#13 13 years ago

Does he have a two per person limit?.....I might want 3 or 4 at that price. The sad thing is he may even sell a few.

#14 13 years ago

Yeah, it's free enterprise. But scumbags like him tend to take the joy out of a hobby.

#15 13 years ago

Kickasspinball = Suckasspinball Nice work guys, we all know now NEVER to deal with this ****ass*******

#16 13 years ago

Sweet Jesus that's an awful website.

#17 13 years ago

"Sweet Jesus that's an awful website."

Amen to that! I went to check out their actual website and my browser kept bogging down and locking up! It looks like they are promoting a high end refurb service for machines (above the normal grade service??).

You too could own a Medeval Madness for only $10,000. Did you notice the disclaimer on the main page? "What's the difference? We Buy Sell Trade with the collectors."
Know any collectors that deal with Kick___?

G

1 week later
#18 13 years ago

Well, the auction apparently ended with no bids on it...

ebay.com link: New Twilight Zone Pinball Mini Playfield Proto type

I thought you guys were gonna jump on that and bid!

G

1 week later
#19 13 years ago

good, glad no body bit

#20 13 years ago

It's because of lame asses like this that people who don't know any better think they can sell their parts/machines and a ridiculous prices then wonder why they are having trouble selling. Thanks for the post though I will not do any business with this company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-cool-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.