(Topic ID: 20909)

Not another XM thread? Had to, you see, the problem is...

By The_Gorilla

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-06-15_21-45-12_149.jpg
    rymed.jpg
    hustxm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I hate to say it...but I think when they get the dang code finished, XM will surpass my beloved SM as my favorite Stern pin. I got to play my friends machine last night and I can't stop thinking about it.
    Tight shots, GORGEOUS all over, and very entertaining to play.
    When the first pictures came out, I silently (mostly) rolled my eyes in disgust at the giant toys. Honestly, when you play the game you never think about them. They just aren't that cumbersome in person.
    Another release that made me snicker was the video with the call outs. They sounded like a combination scooby doo, Monty Python and anime cartoon. I HATED IT. Again, having played the game, the call outs are actually well integrated in the sound package. They weren't just not silly, they were exciting and well used.
    I can't lie, I fully expected to hate the game (sorry PB22) and probably would not have written this if my expectations were realized. On the contrary, I am seriously contemplating selling out of my current line up and going with XM! (Won't happen, but I am still thinking about it... )
    My only complaint so far is I d
    on't like how the movable ramp blocks the right inlanes. Having said that, once I had enough Capt n Coke in me, even THAT didn't bother me!
    In conclusion, I apologize for starting another XM thread but I felt compelled because of the 180 degree turn I have on my attitude toward it.
    Take care, pinheads.
    TG (jason)

Wow I'm in your boat Gorilla, I got on the preorder but quickly cancelled mine after picture were released. Was happy as a clam till I went over to markmon's house and played his. After a couple of games and his magneto, i was sold.
    I just hope the code lives up to this machine's appearance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-another-xm-thread-had-to-you-see-the-problem-is?tu=Pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.