10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lordloss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PINS.jpg
    Two-Pins.jpg
    HS2pic.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Found this Roadshow http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-possible-money-pit

Went back and forth a little bit, then things went quiet...I figured it was a no deal, then the phone rang. It was the operator, He said, “Look, I’ve been doing this since 1975 and I could sell you a game. One game is no big deal to me and I don’t really care about that. What I’m really looking for is someone to help me fix-up my old arcade games and pinballs. I’ve got a small warehouse with my dead inventory. Would you consider helping fix them up and selling them on CL or ebay, splitting the profit 50/50 ?
    To say the least, I was meeting with him a few days later at his home. He had Neo-Geo games and jukeboxes all over his garage and side yard (and one pin too, HS2). Told him I was anxious to get working and if it was alright with him, could I take HS2 home and start right away.

HS2pic.jpgHS2pic.jpg

No Sound, No DMD, 10% lights and beat to death cabinet...but decent playfield and working supercharger gave me hope.
    It was brutally dirty after being on route from day one, but the playfield cleaned up nicely. Next time we spoke, he said I’ve got a small truck of stuff to drop off for you next week. Sure enough, a load was delivered (two pins, one Neo-Geo, One Golden Tee, Two Jukeboxes, and a Japanese toy give-away game.) All of them were mostly DOA and covered in gang graffiti, even the glass (gotta love routed Los Angeles games). I told him the pins would take priority because that’s what I know and prefer to work on, but if I can get the other stuff going too, great! If not, I’ll try to sell them as is or part them out. So, I’m working on these two gems right now:

Two-Pins.jpgTwo-Pins.jpg

I’ve had to post on pinside a lot for this T2, almost everything was wrong with it and I appreciate everyone that has helped. Haven’t tackled the Gilligans Island yet, but the stuck ramp and no lights are the two biggest problems that I can see right off-hand.
    A few days ago, I finally got a look at his small warehouse, the machines were packed so tight inside that I had to climb on top just to see around. At first my heart sank, not seeing any pins at all...it was dusty and dirty and obviously hadn’t been touched in years. BUT THEN, off in the corner, under the shelving, I saw them....

PINS.jpgPINS.jpg

The picture only shows four, but there are two more out of sight.....No ultra “A” titles, but SOLID Bs.
    I’m still really excited, but have to admit the workload looks a little daunting right now. I still consider myself a newbie at this pinball stuff...but if I can tackle and bring these pins back to life, I should be a grizzled old veteran by the end of this, like some of you other folks around here

#2 10 years ago

so what pins?

WW it looks like...

what else?

also congrats on what sounds to be the start to a great relationship...

#3 10 years ago

I spy an Earthshaker next to the WW

#4 10 years ago

Yep, WW & Earthshaker...the other two visible ones are "The Shadow" and "Elvira and the Party Monsters". The two pins out of sight are FH and the one I'm most excited about restoring WH20.

#5 10 years ago

Awesome. I wish I was near , it would be fun to be involved !

#6 10 years ago

wow what great deal.

#7 10 years ago

Yep! I would love to have a deal like that this fall / winter.

#8 10 years ago

Great story...good luck in fixing these up and getting them back to playing condition

#9 10 years ago

I'd ask that the profits be changed to a free pin once in awhile. Be careful not to get in over your head, this is a very daunting task if you say you're a newbie.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-all-operators-are-bad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.