(Topic ID: 77540)

not a lot of love out there for Corvette???????

By henhel

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tpn2011
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am going to look at a Corvette tomorrow but can't find a lot of people liking this machine, kinda giving me second thoughts!!!!

#2 10 years ago

I have one for a year now. Pretty good game. I wouldn't want it as my only machine though.
What else you got?

#3 10 years ago

I dig it! make sure the whole engine assembly is there. I wanted a real nice one at allentown last year, but the top of the motor was missing

#4 10 years ago

Walkthru & game play vid for evaluation material:

#5 10 years ago

Now that I think about it, you almost never hear anyone talk about Corvette. Out of all Gomez's pins, it's probably the one that most flies under the radar. I like it, but I haven't played one in nice shape in a while.

#6 10 years ago

A lot of mixed reviews on this game.. If the price is right for condition you have nothing to worry about.. There has been a corvette machine on CL near me FS for months at $3k I believe it's still for sale too..

#7 10 years ago

right now all I have is a NASCAR. Looking for a fun 2nd pin I don't know if this is the one for me, but I will go check it out and see what happens.

#8 10 years ago

I like it, would like to find one someday. Not many pop up for sale, though. Is that a good sign? 5001 were made.

Gomez originally designed it as a widebody, too bad that didn't happen. It would have been well suited for that.

Helps to be a car lover as well.

#9 10 years ago

Good, solid game. I enjoy it a lot. Mine is here to stay.

#10 10 years ago

Corvette is fun and expensive. Has the supercharge you lock a ball in I like it. Seems shallow but when you really get into it and get going there is lots to do. Don't fear it!!!

#11 10 years ago

Buy it. If it's nice and clean and you don't like it, drive it down to me.

#12 10 years ago

I have a large collection so it helps and I own a vette but I absolutely love the play of this machine. Don't know why it always gets overlooked. Left orbit shot many times in a row awesome. Anyways I have had it since the beginning of my collection so, for me, it had legs enough to stay when my collection was small. I would at least consider it if price was decent.

#13 10 years ago

I have eyeballed this machine for a long time. I have never seen one for less than $2700 in any shape or form. I get it's a "niche" market and all, but $2700 or more....?

Not price policing; I just need some justification for that kind of money.

I've wanted one for a good while but it takes something special for me to consider nearly $3000 before shipping.

I love the engine toy - looks awesome when fully together and working. The drag strip is cool. I read that it is made of opto sensors, and well, after Xfiles I have been very nervous about games with prominent optos .....

#14 10 years ago

It's a great game, and yet so underrated.

Love the drag strip toy on the right of the playfield.

#15 10 years ago

i have a home use game going up today for sale its SSSSWWWEEEEETTTT!

#16 10 years ago

Great game fast fun with lots of satisfying shots.I got one a month ago in a 9 pin collection and it gets the most play.l have a waiting list of pinhead friends that have played mine.

#17 10 years ago

I think its a very good pin. The car race between the two cars is very exciting and its not too easy to collect all of the corvettes. Also has a lot of great combo shots

#18 10 years ago

I remember playing it a long time ago. Unfortunately the only thing I remember about it was the number match sequence at the end which I thought was one of the best ones matched to the game's theme.

#19 10 years ago

This game is awesome! I wish I still had mine. I used it as trade bait for my TAF (which is also gone). Kids love it! There is something sweet about using those flippers to make the engine rev back and forth. Great game, there is a guy willing to let a really good one go near the Poconos for $2500. It used to be mine...LED'd out and is pretty cherry. Let me know if you are interested and I will PM you his contact info.

#20 10 years ago

I really like corvette. A decent amount of strategy into the game and really cool flow with the combos getting out of control if you just rail the ramps. The skill shot plays a huge roll later down the game with locked balls and extra balls as well.

Couple locally for sale ive been tempted on, but a bit higher in price than im willing to go.

#21 10 years ago

I've been looking for one for a while now. My friends and I live fast cars so my Getaway gets a lot of love. Unfortunately it seems to be hard to find a Corvette in nice shape within driving distance, but I'm patient

#22 10 years ago

mines posted and i will ship fellas
JT

#23 10 years ago

Thing about Corvette is that for years it was always over priced - and this was at $3k - because "Corvette guys" that weren't pinballers would pay a premium for it, because it was Corvette. Same type of guys that would pay $3k for a KISS. I think most of those people are dead or don't care anymore...so as Corvettes are leaking into the market demand is lower than in the past.

The game is also really tight and busy - overloaded - and some people don't like that. It's also a George Gomez game, which practically makes it a C lister on Pinside, where if the designer isn't named Steve Ritchie or John Borg the game is a turd.

A nice example should run around $2,500 from what I've seen and read over the years. That seems in line with the recent downward trends in overall pricing too. The seller up in RI was smoking crack.

A HUO one that looks and plays like new would naturally be more. But how much more? It seems that when Corvettes do pop up, they're almost always pretty nice. Like JM in that respect.

#24 10 years ago

henhel, did you pick it up?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It's also a George Gomez game, which practically makes it a C lister on Pinside, where if the designer isn't named Steve Ritchie or John Borg the game is a turd.

This seems like a rather odd statement considering the fact that #4 and #6 on the Pinside rankings are Gomez games.

#26 10 years ago

It's an odd fact. You have cited one reason among many making it odd.

#27 10 years ago

I have one in very very nice condition. Also a Corvette car owner ( 27 of them since 1974! ) Its a keeper for me!!

#28 10 years ago

The problem with the game is it is linear. The modes are in the same order every time. Other than that it is fun and difficult, at least for me. I have owned it for 3 years now, and only beat it once. Mine is in really nice shape, and I want to sell it to help pay for Tron but my wife won't let me. Only reason I consider selling it is I beat it. Its the same reason I sold my Getaway. I used to play it all the time. I rarely play it now. If you get it at a good price, go for it.

#29 10 years ago

Good post. I've really wanted one lately myself. I love Avengers and I guess you'd describe it as linear. As long as the objectives hold your interest and the shots feel good, that's what matters.

#30 10 years ago

I'm gonna be looking to buy one next month if anyone has one they might want to let go shoot me a pm !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-a-lot-of-love-out-there-for-corvette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.