2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180323_170400 (resized).jpg
    0FC033D5-19A8-4075-AEB2-C80B1D9AE1B3 (resized).jpeg
    F2AEE9BF-666A-4E2E-945B-9CF7075AFEFA (resized).jpeg
    0A6D2AB8-1E48-4C5F-AEC0-186EF75FC05B (resized).jpeg
    79A9A842-2EAE-40FB-8AF8-872CDD4458B9 (resized).jpeg
    171499_181017038601690_6482622_o (resized).jpg
    IMGA0303 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0301 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0326 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0324 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0297 (resized).JPG
    back (resized).jpg
    cureing (resized).jpg
    para4 (resized).jpg
    para3 (resized).jpg
    para2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Like I keep telling you Ron, you need to move the entire operation into the basement.
    John

Then you can sniff paint and clearcoat all day long.

1 week later
    #103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'll let you do one and my guy will do one and I'll let everyone compare them and guess who did which one. I don't think they could tell.

I would bet I could tell, I have been to Rons house, hung out with him and seen plenty of his work, and have seen a few other playfield restorers work and will say that Rons playfields are the best work I have seen, yea he is ocd on his finishwork but when someone pays good money for a clearcoat they want it perfect and I know if I was spending good money on a clearcoat that I would want someone like Ron that cares about his reputation, Ive herd him say many times that he doesnt want one bad feedback. I grew up painting cars as a hobby and the costs of buying paint materials keep going up, the last car I painted cost me almost $2,500 just to buy the paint and clearcoat materials, some people want you to do an award winning paintjob for $500.00 because thats how much Maico charges.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

So you have no problem spending 8 or more hours sanding and buffing a playfield.

I don't restore playfields to the level that Ron does, I have done touchup and clearcoat work on playfields, but im not as picky on a pinball machine as I am on a car, Ron is. So to answer your question, no

4 weeks later
    #137 1 year ago

Where you been hiding Ron?

1 week later
    #171 1 year ago
    Quoted from bkbirge:

As is, I'm going to try and do the restore myself as my first attempt at a touchup/clear but if (when?) I screw it up he'll be getting the job of fixing it lol.

You better have Ron give you a price to restore your playfield after you work on it also, it might be more and cheaper to just send it to him now.

4 weeks later
    #193 1 year ago

Hey Ron I just picked this playfield up for a good deal can you work me up an estimate for one of your clearcoat jobs?

20180323_170400 (resized).jpg

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from BobLangelius:

Yeah, I was looking at that left shot that doubles back on itself and goes to... wtf?

There's a subway under there. lol

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Those are for MMR and the rear dimples are not the same as MM.

There website says everything is the same but the dimples on the back will be different.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside