2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180323_170400 (resized).jpg
    0FC033D5-19A8-4075-AEB2-C80B1D9AE1B3 (resized).jpeg
    F2AEE9BF-666A-4E2E-945B-9CF7075AFEFA (resized).jpeg
    0A6D2AB8-1E48-4C5F-AEC0-186EF75FC05B (resized).jpeg
    79A9A842-2EAE-40FB-8AF8-872CDD4458B9 (resized).jpeg
    171499_181017038601690_6482622_o (resized).jpg
    IMGA0303 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0301 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0326 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0324 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0297 (resized).JPG
    back (resized).jpg
    cureing (resized).jpg
    para4 (resized).jpg
    para3 (resized).jpg
    para2 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago

I wanted to mention that jardine has a family guy pf available in Australia. so if you are in that hemisphere, there you go. the shipping to the states is over 400, and I have one in stock, so if you are in this hemi, you can check with me.

Quoted from jardine:

HI Ron. I've sent you a pm about a playfield I have. Looking for some help please. Thanks

I also have a customer looking for a nos or used TAF pf that is in very nice condition (for resto) Condition is the key factor. I figured Bryan K or one of you guys may have one now or soon.

Thought I would help out a couple people and bring my thread back up to the top. Please feel free to contact me if you have a pf for sale. ronkruzman@comcast.net

If I dont buy it, I will put a post it on my board and send anyone who contacts me looking for one, to you. No charge, its no skin of my teeth.

#202 1 year ago

Hi,
    Know anyone that is selling a nos MM pf and nos TWD LE pf? Whatever the hemisphere (and planet lol)..

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
    Know anyone that is selling a nos MM pf and nos TWD LE pf? Whatever the hemisphere (and planet lol)..

PPR has MM playfields in stock: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-36-50059MMR

#204 1 year ago

Those are for MMR and the rear dimples are not the same as MM.

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

True, but based on cost and time saved between getting one like that and finding someone with an NOS one and the cost.. you may be better off going this way. On the underside of 'fields, dimples aren't as necessary..!

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I also have a customer looking for a nos or used TAF pf that is in very nice condition (for resto) Condition is the key factor. I figured Bryan K or one of you guys may have one now or soon.

Hate to say it, but the last couple I've done, the old playfields weren't even worthy of hanging on the wall.

#207 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Hate to say it, but the last couple I've done, the old playfields weren't even worthy of hanging on the wall.

That sucks

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

There website says everything is the same but the dimples on the back will be different.

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from crlush:

There website says everything is the same but the dimples on the back will be different.

Yup. That’s exactly what I said. It will work for MM, but you’ll have to do some work.

#210 1 year ago

I dont know if the MMR pfs are made by mirco or not, but I like the mmr pf's more than the mm repros. just what I have noticed, and I mean when they are done with what I do to them.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

ok thanks bryan

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I dont know if the MMR pfs are made by mirco or not, but I like the mmr pf's more than the mm repros. just what I have noticed, and I mean when they are done with what I do to them.

ok thanks bryan

MMR playfields are made by Churchill/CGC. Same company that made the original MM playfields.

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

ok thanks bryan

What about inserts? Are they as opaque as originals?

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What about inserts? Are they as opaque as originals?

According to the PPR website:

NOTE: These playfields were made at the tail end of the MMR run (late 2016). They have been verified by Chicago Gaming to not have the 'light insert' issue that appeared on a number of games much earlier in production.

I believe that they got all the ink issues fixed in the end.

#214 1 year ago

I dont know anything about the past issues with ppr, but for the most part the reason the inserts are opaque on the nos WPC pfs is because diamond plate is a waterborne product. This is a new invention in the early 90's because califorina was making oil paint illegal. I used it in building applications, in paint and on hardwood floors, it has a bit of a milky hue to it.
    As for chicago gaming's pf, I am completely ignorant, except now I know they make the mmr pf. Thats about all I have learned today, but its still early

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside