Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fullsizeoutput_13d0d (resized).jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13d10 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1499 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1501 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1503 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1504 (resized).JPG
    cent6 (resized).jpg
    cent5 (resized).jpg
    cent4 (resized).jpg
    cent2 (resized).jpg
    cent1 (resized).jpg
    cent18 (resized).jpg
    cent17 (resized).jpg
    cent16 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#43 6 years ago

Ron,

FRIENDLY question so Please no one Assume this is a criticism! I don't understand your posts paying a Kings Ransom for playfields hoping to make a buck or take a lose? Seems like as a playfield Restorer by trade you would leave the less profitable NOS, almost perfect, playfields for the general public to fight over and buy up all the just short of kindling playfields for pennies on the dollar and work your profession magic? I mean, if I had the skill, tools, ability, and time to restore a playfield and make a Bundle why would you want to buy Premium examples at Kings ransom prices and make minimal profit (or lose) as you mention? Just a business observation. Seems like from the referrals you Do have the skills to make Serious money and have a Huge market available to you in the Not so good playfields we would pass on. I am hoping to do business with you in the future and Reminder, this was a business Curiousity question with No insult or criticism intended!!!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Ron doesn't really make anything on restoring most playfields when you figure in his time. It's much easier and quicker to clear a NOS playfield and get it right back out the door and hopefully get paid. Ron does tend to over pay at times but that's because he NEEDS that playfield for a customer. Problem is like he's saying that now the deal has fallen apart and he now can't get paid and has to sell this playfield or others for fast cash to pay the mortgage and in the end he MIGHT break even. It's a no win situation unfortunately. To many dead beats that keep reminding him "that's more then I paid for the entire game!!".
    John

Sorry I guess that still doesn't make sense to me? If as an example all the extremely talented high end pin restorers only focused on restoring NIB Stern (other) titles of Coarse they would make no money as their labor has minimal value? As a restorer you are selling your Talent and ability to do what Few could do be it artistic ability, technology, resources, etc. Should a high end pin cost triple the street value? SURE, if that is what the client is willing to pay for your promoted Skill and they agree to it. Your a contracted skilled Artist! Again, not an argument just seems like as the hobby gets older (machines not people!) there is more profit and interest in bringing something back to life. JMO

1 month later
    #127 6 years ago

I would be interested in a PM list of the blown out wall art and prices. Had the crazy idea to do my sons room my pin artesk. Let me know. Thanks.

1 week later
    #206 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Good question Paul. Im curious also as Ive never had any luck over the years trying to nicely clean up old mylar.

Paul, Superbee, I have always used the Treasure Cove Polishing kit on mylar as well as the playfield and the result is Amazing! Looks as good as new and not that hard to do. Strongly recommend.

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm where do you get it?

You could just google Treasure Cove Pinball. They have been in business in Indiana for 20 years I believe. Not sure if still the case since their father passed but they were by most considered the Premier pinball restoration crew. Now there are others that just blow my mind with perfection. Check out their site and the videos. I am certain you can find Hundreds of referrals that use this kit with amazing results.

#237 6 years ago

Just a question not a business evaluation but wouldn't you get alot more for this TZ (and the others) if you CC'd them as you do normally? Seems like as you note the light scratches this could be Museum quality NOS pieces where money would be no object to several to obtain. I can't imagine there are many more NOS ones like this to be found or am I wrong about that also? Just asking, since I love TZ and this is a BIN auction could you tell me how much (PM or otherwise) how much it would cost to finish (clearcoat) this would be? Hate to get it and send it out again. Thanks.

#242 6 years ago

Ok?? Not sure how we got off on the wrong foot here? I really did just want to consider buying what looked like a nice TZ playfield and asked you to PM me a price? Customer kind of thing. Didn't mean to inquire about your business though it seemed harmless to ask since this Is what you do for a living and rather well from what is posted here anyway. My intension was not to cheat you, tell you how to run your business, or pull a fast one on you. Just inquired to be a possible paying customer nothing more. Sorry about your health issues and other difficult business obstacles (clients) you have faced. For me this is an expensive (my choice) buying decision so I like to know who I am dealing with and what to expect in the future. Managing expectations. Based on your response I will assume we would not do business well together. I thank you for your time and wish you well in your business and life decisions.

#251 6 years ago

Again Ron, not sure where I went wrong with you but sorry if you feel I offended you. Calling me a troll and a sixth grader then saying you want to still sell me the playfield is an unusual stratagy? You dont need to believe me, I suppose I could take a picture of my TZ in pieces waiting for a new playfield if that helped you understand I was serious but I am scratching my head trying to figure out how my interest turned into an insult with you? Read it as you wish but the Intention of my question on your business was Actually a Compliment! You worked your ass off for 10++ years to establish your Name as quality throughout the pinball network why not reap your reward?Again, your quality is not in question nor has it Ever been thats why I sincerely wanted to buy from you plus the fact I am near MI monthly for work to pick it up. Accept the apology, don't, I think you misread my intentions but I have moved on and actually found someone willing to just restore my playfield granted it won't be as fast as swapping it out. I Do wish you a wonderful and productive life. If your at Expo, I am there every year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-as-of-june-5?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.