Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fullsizeoutput_13d0d (resized).jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13d10 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1499 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1501 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1503 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1504 (resized).JPG
    cent6 (resized).jpg
    cent5 (resized).jpg
    cent4 (resized).jpg
    cent2 (resized).jpg
    cent1 (resized).jpg
    cent18 (resized).jpg
    cent17 (resized).jpg
    cent16 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Defender:

Buy with confidence! My NOS Funhouse DiamondPlate and Monster Bash look fantastic!

That was a fascinating post Kruzman-

Can't wait to see my MB play field too! Would love to send you my DW soon

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

answering good questions is the fun part of the job for sure. Hope it helps someone.
    sorry how long the MB is taking, just by the luck of the draw it was the last pf in a large group. so I am on it. Hopefully life is long.
    cheers

Yeah baby!

3 weeks later
    #50 6 years ago

That looks FIng awesome. I'll make it worth your while

#51 6 years ago

Here's some of the types of things Ron is able to fix. Stuff that shouldn't be an issue, but... cracks around a ton of inserts

IMG_1820 (resized).JPGIMG_1820 (resized).JPG

IMG_1821 (resized).JPGIMG_1821 (resized).JPG

IMG_1822 (resized).JPGIMG_1822 (resized).JPG

IMG_1823 (resized).JPGIMG_1823 (resized).JPG

IMG_1824 (resized).JPGIMG_1824 (resized).JPG

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

Thats it! thats the pics of the pf I took the horrible pics of. I totally loose track of the owners, but I know the pf!
    Thank you for posting and not minding that I used your pf to make a point

Actually I was hoping YOU wouldn't mind I showed the prgress. That looks fantastic

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

Since this has become my little personal web page I have to share why I have a really old beat up not smart phone.
    At the beginning of the month the kid across the street sold me his brand new beautiful smart phone, because he wanted one with a bigger battery, whatever. so I finally get a smart phone that takes better pics than a 900 dollar nikon SLR. so I took the original before pics with the new phone.
    so a couple weeks ago I get a phone call from my ex wife and it didnt go too good. some guys used to punch walls when they were young and stupid, I used to smash phones. I havent done it in 20 years. Without thinking I threw the phone as hard as I could, but of course i didnt break just the phone. God hates me and made it go thru a double pane anderson window wall. My sim card survived! so I got to keep the phone numbers, so I got that goin for me.

Ouch man. Hey at least the card survived so you could keep the number!

1 month later
    #141 6 years ago

Ron remind us what the hypo needle kit is for. Dropping clear into inserts?

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Post #21 has explanation and pix

Found it.. thx. My playfield is the one Ron posted pics of a couple months ago. Eager to get going on that swap once the PF gets to me! Hopefully pretty soon - it's on its last stage of clear curing

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I got very few holes left to pre-drill (with Ron's dremmel bits) on my IJ but I will post pics of the how the glue is applied. It's actually pretty neat. Seals the clear for good. The dremmel bits make pre-drilling holes so easy! I really like how the dremmel bits never skip or "run" away from the hole. As long as you keep light pressure on the dremmel, you are fine. Needless to say, you must be VERY careful when handling a dremmel tool on or near your playfield. Always make sure you have plenty of slack on the cord while you are using your dremmel tool. I never power on the dremmel on top or near my playfield just to be on the safe side and avoid any "accidents". I'll post pics later

Do you have the flexible goose neck attachment for the dremel? Best accessory I ever bought.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I don't actually. I hear good things about it though. About the glue kit: To me, the safest way to apply the glue is to (away from the playfield) get a small drop of glue "started" to about half way. It takes very little to get a drop of glue on the tip of the needle so be careful. Hold the drop of glue on the tip of the needle and then apply it to the exposed clear. Just get the drop of glue to touch the exposed area and it will automatically make a circle around the exposed clear making a perfect seal.
    The reason why I like to get a drop of glue "started" away from the playfield is because you can easily misjudge it and squirt more glue than you really want to and you will end up making a mess. You don't want to squirt glue all over your playfield, trust me. Also, I like to hold the needle with one hand and a piece of paper in the other hand under the needle. I use this piece of paper as a "catcher" in case a drop of glue decides to fall off on its own. That way, the glue lands on the piece of paper and not on your playfield. You could call it overkill but I rather play it safe. I'll post pics today after work.

this is super well-thought-through

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I'm a rookie doing my first playfield. I'm sure the real pros would laugh at all the extra steps I'm taking. Just got off work

Seems like the right move - how horrible would it be to wreck a PF Ron just did!

#155 6 years ago

Great call on getting IJ fixed up. Probably the #1 "game that will never be remade...", possibly second only to TZ

#174 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Keep in mind, once you attach the pop bracket to the speaker screws, it will draw the heads down more as well.

What are speaker screws? Is that a thing, or are the actual speakers in that area?

George: how does the shooter lane look? I assume you haven't installed hardware there as yet(?)

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

ummhum. but we are not suppose to speak of it. I dont know why.

Ooooooooh you guys are in trouble!!

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

You get what you pay for. Sometimes it's an unpleasant surprise if you don't listen to the experts.
    I'm guessing whatever he saved wasn't worth it in the end.

He probably saved $15

#194 6 years ago

I think a lot of people don't understand what they are asking for when they get a PF fixed or cleared. If you just want a rush "good enough" job then ask Harry down the street to clear it. It's true the costs add up fast but you prob are only doing this really nice pf for the one game you just love. At least that's how I see it. Ok maybe 2 games you love

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

I have been to Ron's compound and have seen the boxes he builds for his playfields and they are a work of art in itself, his playfield work is the best I have seen, far better than I could do, Ron when you sell used playfields you have to add (no returns) and (to restore this playfield for sale most likely it will cost more than the game itself).

Word. Best to be up front about that. Makes it even MORE worth it

#212 6 years ago

Received a package from Dr Kruzman today. I will post pics soon.

Ron trusted me to send payment at the same time he shipped - the playfield arrived, my check has not. I am posting here to keep things honest, will update when Ron is made whole.

#213 6 years ago

I am not sure if these pictures do it justice vs in person but this is the stunning playfield I just received from Ron Kruzman. It is a Micro repro monster bash - the repro is very good, and although I wish I could have gotten one NOS this is an outstanding PF. Can't wait to finish the cab and get this thing in there. Wow!!

IMG_2184 (resized).JPGIMG_2184 (resized).JPG

IMG_2185 (resized).JPGIMG_2185 (resized).JPG

IMG_2187 (resized).JPGIMG_2187 (resized).JPG

IMG_2186 (resized).JPGIMG_2186 (resized).JPG

IMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPG

#223 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Super. Try laying it flat on a table by a window, you'll get a nice reflection of the window on the pf for a picture.

Thanks Paul, I will try that

#224 6 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

is it that much better than the out of the box Micro ???

I had my PF shipped directly to Ron, and I know he did a thicker layer of CC on the playfield with the super special stuff he uses, then sanded the hell out of it, then more layers, etc. The PF had cracks around the inserts that needed to be repaired, and were cleared again. I wanted this thing to be totally solid for years to come

#243 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok?? Not sure how we got off on the wrong foot here? I really did just want to consider buying what looked like a nice TZ playfield and asked you to PM me a price? Customer kind of thing. Didn't mean to inquire about your business though it seemed harmless to ask since this Is what you do for a living and rather well from what is posted here anyway. My intension was not to cheat you, tell you how to run your business, or pull a fast one on you. Just inquired to be a possible paying customer nothing more. Sorry about your health issues and other difficult business obstacles (clients) you have faced. For me this is an expensive (my choice) buying decision so I like to know who I am dealing with and what to expect in the future. Managing expectations. Based on your response I will assume we would not do business well together. I thank you for your time and wish you well in your business and life decisions.

He did end his post saying "I Would love to sell you the TZ playfield, it's available - cheers..."

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

couple more.
    I always test the roll over star inserts to make sure they work well and are not filled with clear

Damn that looks so good it might be the first PF I would have considered as wall art!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-as-of-june-5?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.