Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fullsizeoutput_13d0d (resized).jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13d10 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1499 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1501 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1503 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1504 (resized).JPG
    cent6 (resized).jpg
    cent5 (resized).jpg
    cent4 (resized).jpg
    cent2 (resized).jpg
    cent1 (resized).jpg
    cent18 (resized).jpg
    cent17 (resized).jpg
    cent16 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#228 6 years ago

<edit: Ron... doh!> I agree with your post about people willing to pay higher prices for their McMansion pins and not wanting some of the ratty games out there... but I have a somewhat related comment. I had PM'ed you asking about restoring and clearing an IJ playfield for me. If you recall, the playfield I have is already in really good shape, but needs some minor touchups here and there and then to be cleared. You said you weren't doing touch-up restorations anymore, only clearing of new PF's from CPR, etc. I can only assume because this is easier work and the playfield restorations don’t pay for the time you put into them, but am not sure.

Now that I read your last post, it confuses me. Why didn't you just quote me a silly high number for my IJ playfield restore and see if I would bite. Doesn't hurt to at least try to get what you're worth out of it, right? Maybe it would have been too much for my blood... but you don't know til you try. I'm not trying to be your agent, but I definitely reached out to you because I have heard you are the BEST and I believe it based on all the positive reviews I've seen. I just want to see you get out of it what you put into it. You keep saying you can't work for $5-10/hr (not your exact words, but paraphrasing), but have you tried to increase the prices and see if you still get customers?

Would like to meet you someday at a show and say hi because you sound like an honest, hard-working guy with a TON of expertise and artistic talent (yes, even clearing can be an art-form at it's highest level). I hope you are able to succeed with your restore business and I can only assume that you would be right up there with HEP, Bryan Kelly, etc if you get a full high-end resto business off the ground. Good luck with everything.

#233 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I really think this is a personal letter, but there is a reason you posted it publicly, so I will answer it. I cant give an accurate bid on restoring a pf especially if it has not been pulled, because I have to fix all of the holes you pulled screws and posts out of. In the 13 years I have been doing this I know what people will pay and what they will not (for the most part) This is one of the reasons I stopped doing restores. But there is a little secret I will let you in on, I do restorations, only for people I know. people that will send the pf, and wont question how much I charge what I have to. For people I dont know, I dont have the time. I answered your email politely and told you I am too busy to take in any restorations, I probably mentioned I have restorations in line here and it is over a year, which is why I dont take them. Getting paid for my work after it is done is not as easy as you may think. I havent made my morg payment because of a payment that was suppose to be here last week.
    There is another reason I didnt give you a insane price just to see if you will take it. That is not the kind of person I am. I dont list pf's on ebay for insane prices just because there may be an idiot that will bite. In the last 2 years I have sold pf's like IJ nos, rocky, nos chicago cubs nos, TAFG nos (1800 I believe. I could have priced that at whatever I wanted and wait for a rich fool) I strongly believe that people that do business like that are not good folks, and they have ruined the hobby and business for me. If I follow your biz advice only the rich get to have the nice stuff, and I am sick of that crap. its the reason I dont have the titles of pf's I used to have because most people want to extort the hobby because they are lucky to find it or take advantage of someones ignorance, and even worse usually the people I know who do business like you suggest are all ready well to do. What you are suggesting is my prices should be the most I can squeeze from a person. Like a car sales man who has a rick looking single woman come looking at cars.
    You are making a lot of assumptions that you know my business or me. All you know is I didnt want to restore your pf. Thats my business and there is a very good reason for it. If you actually respect me and want to shake my hand, dont offend me again, and post sour grapes. Ask me personaly. MY name is ron not paul

Ok... I truly am embarrassed (by calling you Paul, when I know your name is Ron... honest mistake as I had just read Mustang's post and had it in my brain. like you, I'm getting old) and honestly did not mean my post to come across that way that I was posting sour grapes. I had no intention of posting sour grapes and I really have no sour grapes to post anyway. I was not upset with you and truly wanted my post to come across as a question about how we could get you richer for the skills you possess. Again... if I made assumptions, I am sorry.

I 1000% respect you to refuse any jobs you want to and in hindsight I could have sent a PM, but I thought you were trying to drum up support for a business, so I thought my post had some connection to that. I will stop making assumptions on anything that you are trying to do... I'm just reading the thread in a public forum and trying to contribute. Again, sorry for coming across the wrong way. If you ask anyone that knows me, you'll find that I am not trying a dick move or anything. I support people like you in the hobby and just want to continue to be a part of this awesome community. I've had pins for 12 years, but only found pinside a little over a year ago. It seems I need to learn a bit of etiquette on the public forum because I would never want to offend you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-as-of-june-5?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.