Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fullsizeoutput_13d0d (resized).jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13d10 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1499 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1501 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1503 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1504 (resized).JPG
    cent6 (resized).jpg
    cent5 (resized).jpg
    cent4 (resized).jpg
    cent2 (resized).jpg
    cent1 (resized).jpg
    cent18 (resized).jpg
    cent17 (resized).jpg
    cent16 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 6 years ago

Again Ron, not sure where I went wrong with you but sorry if you feel I offended you. Calling me a troll and a sixth grader then saying you want to still sell me the playfield is an unusual stratagy? You dont need to believe me, I suppose I could take a picture of my TZ in pieces waiting for a new playfield if that helped you understand I was serious but I am scratching my head trying to figure out how my interest turned into an insult with you? Read it as you wish but the Intention of my question on your business was Actually a Compliment! You worked your ass off for 10++ years to establish your Name as quality throughout the pinball network why not reap your reward?Again, your quality is not in question nor has it Ever been thats why I sincerely wanted to buy from you plus the fact I am near MI monthly for work to pick it up. Accept the apology, don't, I think you misread my intentions but I have moved on and actually found someone willing to just restore my playfield granted it won't be as fast as swapping it out. I Do wish you a wonderful and productive life. If your at Expo, I am there every year.

#252 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

Keep in mind that I took these pics with a phone that is about 6 years old and when I bought it, I only paid 29 bucks for it.
    This is the complete centaur for sale. I have several of these I bought with no clear. if you know this reproduction you will notice the work I did around all of the arrow inserts, and well as about 10 of the circles

WOW!!!! Like absolute mirrors. Are you sure you didn't just put a piece of glass on them for the pictures.

#253 6 years ago

Awesome job!

#254 6 years ago

The clearcoat on the Centaur is just amazing. Can't discern the touchups at all, which is how it's supposed to be!

Now, for those that haven't purchased from Ron before, the point is to realize that the finish on the Centaur is nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever. That's what you're paying for.

#255 6 years ago

Most people apoligize in a personal email in my experience, but that is not an apology. It is talk about what I do wrong, talk about what I do wrong, and say thats not what you intended. That should have been sent privately. you have emailed me privately before so I know you know how to do it. But now that you are not going to do business with me in the future. and was obvious you were not going to buy the tz, (I figured that because you didnt ask questions about the pf, only asking about my business practice) but now you dont have to follow my thread any more, and we can go our separate ways before this gets worse. I have to be here, its my job. You dont, and since I offended you, why would you participate in my thread, or follow it?
    No skin 0ff my teeth, No skin off yours, and you can disassemble your pf, send it out and put it back together and be all set. So we are all set. I am done. if you are, I wish you good luck. cheers. now I can get back to doing what I am here for. Thank you.
    If you change your mind, I have no problem selling the tz pf to you at the discounted price. Its way easier to do a pf swap than sending yours out for repair. If so lets keep it on personal email if possible?

#256 6 years ago

There is only 1 centaur left. If you are on the fence, now is a good time.

#257 6 years ago

It looks like the jackbot is sold. Havent been paid yet, but it is on hold.
    Thank you for your support

#258 6 years ago

I wanted to mention that I dropped the price on the jackbot by 150, outside of ebay and paypal.

#259 6 years ago

I still Have not sold the jackbot, but the sttng is sold

#260 6 years ago

TZ is sold, still no check for the jackbot. I still have one more centaur that is not spoken for.

#261 6 years ago

And the jackbot is sold. Ebay cost an arm and leg, but sells pf's.
    Thanks to everyone for their support!

#262 6 years ago

I dropped the prices on almost all of the new pf's listed on ebay by 100. I will still take off a little more outside ebay.
    here is a link to one listing and you can access the rest by clicking other items for sale
    ebay.com link: itm

#263 6 years ago

I added a couple of new pf's to the listings on epay.

ALSO, I decided to tweek out the nos DE Star wars pf. It has a couple lifted inserts, mylar, couple scratches, and 2 holes drilled right thru the middle to hang it on the wall with drywall screws. Fo some reason he couldnt use the existing holes and some washers. maybe just wanted to hit the studs. who knows.
    anyway. I am going to fix it all up because I sold the pf I had on the mantle, and I want to put something nice up there for people to see what is possible, but it will be for sale also.

as always thank you to all of my supporters. My thread has been dead lately. did everyone loose interest in pf's. Maybe the new thing is flippers? who knows?

#264 6 years ago

Wish I had more PF's to send you. Can't wait to see what they look like when they come back!

#265 6 years ago

Update: It looks like the last centaur is spoken for. I do have one more pf left, but this one came with clearcoat when the other 4 did not, and when I was sanding off the original clear, it was thinner than I thought and I sanded right thru the ink to the wood on one place. That is part of the job usually, but I went thru the art on one of the 4 blue orb inserts on the drain lanes. so I hooked up with my decal guy and 80 bucks later th decal is not even close, so I am working on another. its way to small for me to brush, and it is not just a number or letter. so hopefully I wont have to use it for fire wood.

The fathom that I had is gone I traded for an alien poker game, that is pertty fun. Thank you tommy, game plays very good. little wax and I will have it really goin.

I think when I do OCT nos/new pf's available, I am going to start a new thread. this one has a lot of good info, but I bet it is confusing for people who were not following it.

NOTICE: I am looking for a couple of nos or repro pf's to buy and have on hand. So if you want to sell one or more please feel free to contact me.

Lastly I do not reccomend dealing with the person in ohio selling pf's that he says are mine. I contacted ebay and him asking them to remove my name, and ebay ignores me, and the seller just threatens me. He has been banned from pinside.

Thank you to all of my supporters, both customers , and future customers who drop me emails to say this or that. Looking forward to seeing what the new TAF pf's look like.

I tweeked and cleared a TAF pf that a new customer sent me. he just bought it and I think he had it sent directly to me. It was a TAFG, and he didnt know. I was glad for him, but I also like the colors better on the TAFG. He allready has it installed and he said he is going to post pics on pinside soon, so keep and eye open for that, I want to see it also. That would be the game to buy!

#266 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

The fathom that I had is gone I traded for an alien poker game, that is pertty fun. Thank you tommy, game plays very good. little wax and I will have it really goin.

Glad to hear Ron, and I can't wait to get the Fathom restored, will hopefully have it at PATZ for you to see.

I was lucky enough to have a few extra minutes for Ron to show me just some of his playfield stash and a few he had just finished up his magic on. It made me wish I had chosen a more lucrative profession than teaching. His work is just flawless. And just so he doesn't get bombarded with people offering him a variety of machines like Alien Poker for his masterfully crafted works of arts please know that I was trading that game for a CPR Bronze Fathom that he had in stock, but that he had not redone. If the playfield had been reworked by Ron I would have expected my Alien Poker to maybe cover 50% of the playfield. You truly get what you pay for when it comes to playfields.

Also Ron, I took your advice, I got my new tires yesterday so I will be safe for many more pinball road trips to come. Alyssa also says thank you as she was blown away by the color differences between the worn down piece of wood currently in my Fathom compared to what you gave me and she is really enjoying that game as well. I hope to get one of your masterpieces for a game of mine someday in the future.

1 week later
    #267 6 years ago

wow this thread went crickets fast. this is a teat to se if it is still up.

#268 6 years ago

hey Ron......I'm still here....always following

Mike

#269 6 years ago

Still hoping you get a BSD pf at some point. Keep up the good work.

#270 6 years ago

Does anyone know if you can use an old ACDC playfield on the new VE? Not sure how much I trust the new window concept? Might get a VE and buy an Old ADC playfield.

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

wow this thread went crickets fast. this is a teat to se if it is still up.

It's your thread.

#272 6 years ago

I dont have an answer for the window situation on that acdc pf, Though I have a window version on stock.
    I was suprised to see micro is making addams family and safecracker pf's. so both cpr and mirco are making taf?
    Speaking of mirco, he mentions his ceramic clearcoat. If you want to have your pf recleared, you dont want that stuff. the problem with it is it dosent sand, so you wont be able to polish it out in the future. If it is the same stuff he was using like 4 years ago. Once that stuff was dry there was no working it. so if there are flaws you keep them, you cant sand out a fish eye or dust if it gets scratched you cant polish it out. Just an observation, and an opinion that regular clear is better.

#273 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Does anyone know if you can use an old ACDC playfield on the new VE? Not sure how much I trust the new window concept? Might get a VE and buy an Old ADC playfield.

This is the first that I have heard of this. What is the difference?

#274 6 years ago

This thread should live forever ! ) Its mid October and Christmas came early for me since I just received "THE CRATE" that contains Ron's passion for pinball...newly clear-coated Fathom and Centaur pf's ! ! ! Its on a higher level compared to the factory finish in depth and clarity.

I was a first time client for the Fathom sending my pf over last June and picked up a Centaur from the August current available list. Very pleasant project to work with Ron. Explained everything in detail...reasonable costs...great time frame! Also requested for the installation kit to protect the finish upon working the top of the pf.

Would just like to share some un-crating photos of his signed work >>>

IMG_1504 (resized).JPGIMG_1504 (resized).JPG

IMG_1503 (resized).JPGIMG_1503 (resized).JPG

IMG_1501 (resized).JPGIMG_1501 (resized).JPG

IMG_1502 (resized).JPGIMG_1502 (resized).JPG

IMG_1499 (resized).JPGIMG_1499 (resized).JPG

IMG_1498 (resized).JPGIMG_1498 (resized).JPG

fullsizeoutput_13d10 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_13d10 (resized).jpeg

fullsizeoutput_13d0d (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_13d0d (resized).jpeg

#276 6 years ago

Wow! Beautiful work!

#277 6 years ago

Those are stunning

#278 6 years ago

That Fathom PF has me pretty randy

#279 6 years ago

Just WOW! Those are sexy.
    -Mike

#280 6 years ago

Ron ? I dont see a EBD in there ! Or the Spy Hunter

#281 6 years ago

Fantastic work Ron !!

#282 6 years ago

Damn those are HOT!!! Make sure you let them cure for a month or so. What did Ron say about that?

#283 6 years ago

WOW, Ron...That is Art work like the Crate says! And by the way, Nice Crate!

#284 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

WOW, Ron...That is Art work like the Crate says! And by the way, Nice Crate!

Ron's crates are things of legend

#285 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Ron's crates are things of legend

Im suprised he doesnt paint and clearcoat the crate.

#286 6 years ago

I love the idea of painted crates. if I still had an apprentice that is exactly what I would do. I dont know why but it reminds me of a story that was told to me when I was at the museum when I was a kid. It was about pablo picasso who was a rock star of the first half of the 20th century. Pablo had 3 "wives" as well as a fondness for the best things including food. He was doing pretty well for an artist which was probably the same pay as a branch manager of a bank of something. Middle class but living among rich folks. He usually let people take him out to eat, and they always picked up the tab, but on a bad day when he had to pay the tab, he wrote checks, and would do a sketch or drawing on them. So people wouldn't cash them, because it was worth more to them to have a picasso check with a doodle or happy face on it. That is a brilliant way to eat for free!!!

Thanks for all of the good words, as well as the support. I really appreciate it.
    I didnt make it to expo this year. did anyone see any sweet NOS pf's for sale?

#287 6 years ago

Seen like two NOS playfields that I can think of. Fire for like $400 that was there two years ago if not longer and a Gottlieb something.....title that nobody wants for $200. Very sad.

John

#288 6 years ago

There was also a NOS Fireball II for $400 which foureyedcharlie picked up, a NOS Black Knight lower only for $1000, a NOS Speakeasy composite playfield and an Evel Knieval, although I don't know if EK was NOS. These showed up late afternoon on Saturday.

That Fire pf was in Chance's booth so it probably hits all the shows and IIRC it wasn't drilled or dimpled.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-as-of-june-5/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.