New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190715)

NOS/NEW Playfields Available for sept.

By kruzman

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 88 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fullsizeoutput_13d0d (resized).jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13d10 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1498 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1499 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1501 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1503 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1504 (resized).JPG
    cent6 (resized).jpg
    cent5 (resized).jpg
    cent4 (resized).jpg
    cent2 (resized).jpg
    cent1 (resized).jpg
    cent18 (resized).jpg
    cent17 (resized).jpg
    cent16 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 3 years ago

Here is a creech I planned to restore as a nude one day, but this is a great chance to save your self 1500 and do it your self. I started repairing the areas that had damage, and they are sanded. without it being in front of me the whole thing needs to be cleaned and sanded. I clean with a magic eraser, and it gets out all of the black smudges where there was a screw, or any ball trails. the patch at the top is super thin, its a professional material called whale something, I dont remember and I am not at the studio, but it is waterproof and sands super fine.
    No refunds on used pf's. please ask questions if you have any
    Price is 375 or best.
    I also have a fishtales and safecracker I may take pics of and post if anyone is interested let me know and I will. Unterested to buy that is, not interested to see what it looks like. also a DE star wars I had to buy to make a dimple template.

GOOD TIME TO REMIND FOLKS. If you have a pf that is not drilled and dimpled, check with me before trying to install it. It makes the job much more challenging. The average pf has more than 250 dimples on the back and about 100 on the front, plus about 20-30 drill holes. Price is 200-300

aug creech 1 (resized).jpg

aug creech 2 (resized).jpg

aug creech 3 (resized).jpg

aug creech 6 (resized).jpg

aug creech 7 (resized).jpg

#202 3 years ago

more creech pics

aug creech 7 (resized).jpg

aug creech 8 (resized).jpg

aug creech 9 (resized).jpg

aug creeech 4 (resized).jpg

aug creech 5 (resized).jpg

#203 3 years ago

Question for ya Ron, is it possible to polish the mylar pieces that come stock on a pf? I tried Novis 2 by hand and it helped a little.

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question for ya Ron, is it possible to polish the mylar pieces that come stock on a pf? I tried Novis 2 by hand and it helped a little.

Good question Paul. Im curious also as Ive never had any luck over the years trying to nicely clean up old mylar.

#205 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Good question Paul. Im curious also as Ive never had any luck over the years trying to nicely clean up old mylar.

Yeah, the pf of my Jackbot is damn near perfect except for the mylar in front of the slings and around the pops. It's REALLY distracting, to me anyways to have such a beautiful 22 year old stock pf with those dingy areas. I wonder if Novis 3 would do anything. Only one way to find out......wish me luck.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Paul, Superbee, I have always used the Treasure Cove Polishing kit on mylar as well as the playfield and the result is Amazing! Looks as good as new and not that hard to do. Strongly recommend.

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Paul, Superbee, I have always used the Treasure Cove Polishing kit on mylar as well as the playfield and the result is Amazing! Looks as good as new and not that hard to do. Strongly recommend.

Hmmmm where do you get it?

#208 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm where do you get it?

You could just google Treasure Cove Pinball. They have been in business in Indiana for 20 years I believe. Not sure if still the case since their father passed but they were by most considered the Premier pinball restoration crew. Now there are others that just blow my mind with perfection. Check out their site and the videos. I am certain you can find Hundreds of referrals that use this kit with amazing results.

#209 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

You could just google Treasure Cove Pinball. They have been in business in Indiana for 20 years I believe. Not sure if still the case since their father passed but they were by most considered the Premier pinball restoration crew. Now there are others that just blow my mind with perfection. Check out their site and the videos. I am certain you can find Hundreds of referrals that use this kit with amazing results.

Yeah I'll do that. Google is your friend.

#211 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Just ordered the kit. Thanks. Sorry about highjacking your thread Ron.

#212 3 years ago

Received a package from Dr Kruzman today. I will post pics soon.

Ron trusted me to send payment at the same time he shipped - the playfield arrived, my check has not. I am posting here to keep things honest, will update when Ron is made whole.

#213 3 years ago

I am not sure if these pictures do it justice vs in person but this is the stunning playfield I just received from Ron Kruzman. It is a Micro repro monster bash - the repro is very good, and although I wish I could have gotten one NOS this is an outstanding PF. Can't wait to finish the cab and get this thing in there. Wow!!

IMG_2184 (resized).JPG

IMG_2185 (resized).JPG

IMG_2187 (resized).JPG

IMG_2186 (resized).JPG

IMG_2188 (resized).JPG

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am not sure if these pictures do it justice vs in person but this is the stunning playfield I just received from Ron Kruzman. It is a Micro repro monster bash - the repro is very good, and although I wish I could have gotten one NOS this is an outstanding PF. Can't wait to finish the cab and get this thing in there. Wow!!

Super. Try laying it flat on a table by a window, you'll get a nice reflection of the window on the pf for a picture.

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

is it that much better than the out of the box Micro ???

#216 3 years ago

good idea on the pic angle. Personally, I still havent figured out a good way to show the work in the clear so I stopped taking pics years ago. What makes me nutts is I spend 2 days on the final sand and polish and clean, but in pics it looks no different than a pf that was just sprayed (in pics).

Of course the other thing is someone will post the proud pics of their new reproduction pf (and I dont blame them. Its exciting, which is why I own so many of them. Trust me making 100-200 on a pf that I have to hold on to for 11 years is not the best use for money) But everyone throws around words like perfect. I just wish I could show them what is possible.

That is what you are paying for when you get my clear, besides the touch up, or the quality expectations on things like insert line/cracks and stuff like that, is the dam sanding and polishing. Back in the old days I put 10 min in to prep between coats, now its over an hour.
    Although I have always spent a lot more time that necessary on the final finish, now that I block sand by hand rather than use a da sander, its a different finish. The old way looked great and totally acceptable and better than many, but blocking it by hand surprises me on how good it looks

#217 3 years ago

I dont have a dining room table to shoot the pf's on because my dining room is full of pins, as is my living room though there is a couch, my bedroom, and my finished basement are all full of pins. My mother-in-law house (which is for rent by the way. 1 bedroom on a little river. 600 which includes all utilities inc wireless and cable) is also full of pins in the living room and bedroom.
    The best place for me to shoot pics of pf's in on top of a game. Or as I usually do, leaning on a game. I am actually taking pics right now for ebay . I do not enjoy the process.
    When I was in my 20s and 30s all of my married friends were GREEN with envy because of the life I was living, and the girls and the toys and spending every winter abroad (or a nice girl. Ha!). They often said they would kill for my life, which I encouraged them to do. None did. Point is, now turning 50 they look at me and offer to buy me food.

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

good idea on the pic angle. Personally, I still havent figured out a good way to show the work in the clear

A long florescent bulb over the pf works nice. I did a Kruzman quality clear job using Triple Thick on the back of my Jack Bot bb light board. What do ya all think.

IMGA0324 (resized).JPG

IMGA0326 (resized).JPG

#219 3 years ago

I think you have too much time on your hands.

John

#220 3 years ago

first laugh of the day, jd thank you

#221 3 years ago

I want to get a jackbot some day. So if you ever have to get rid of it and want to sell to someone who will offer it back to you when and if I sell it.
    I am one of the few who thinks that is the best of the trilogy, and I much prefer sys 11 games. Anyway I just listed one of my jackbot pf's on epay. It took me all day to list 16 pf's, including taking the pics and downloading everything.
    Also I am the only person who uses more than 1 pic taken from 6 ft away, and I describe all of the flaws. so that takes some time. 99% of the pf's I buy on ebay. 1 or 2 pics from far away, or 2 of the same pics, no description, except maybe see pics (when there is only one pic).
    What a pain in the groin! and waste of a day. no pf's done today

#222 3 years ago

I love Jack*Bot too- it's on my list as next pin . Fun Fun Fun

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Super. Try laying it flat on a table by a window, you'll get a nice reflection of the window on the pf for a picture.

Thanks Paul, I will try that

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

is it that much better than the out of the box Micro ???

I had my PF shipped directly to Ron, and I know he did a thicker layer of CC on the playfield with the super special stuff he uses, then sanded the hell out of it, then more layers, etc. The PF had cracks around the inserts that needed to be repaired, and were cleared again. I wanted this thing to be totally solid for years to come

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I think you have too much time on your hands.

John

Until the Mustang comes back your soooo right John, both time AND room.

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I want to get a jackbot some day. So if you ever have to get rid of it and want to sell to someone who will offer it back to you when and if I sell it.
    I am one of the few who thinks that is the best of the trilogy, and I much prefer sys 11 games. Anyway I just listed one of my jackbot pf's on epay. It took me all day to list 16 pf's, including taking the pics and downloading everything.
    Also I am the only person who uses more than 1 pic taken from 6 ft away, and I describe all of the flaws. so that takes some time. 99% of the pf's I buy on ebay. 1 or 2 pics from far away, or 2 of the same pics, no description, except maybe see pics (when there is only one pic).
    What a pain in the groin! and waste of a day. no pf's done today

I'll keep that in mind Ron but with what I'm gonna be putting into it no one in there right mind would buy it......and I WOULD NOT sell it (if I did) at a loss. The only way my pf could be better was if you did a clear job on it.

#227 3 years ago

Paul I understand what you mean about never intending on selling the game, but I want to bring up one thing that a lot of people dont know, so bare with me if you have been in pinball long enough to know this.

There are a lot of people ( a lot is relative) that understand what it cost to restore a game. even games like white water that are stupid expensive to restore, and are interested in buying them. But my example is the ones I bought. Like a flight 2k that got a cpr pf for 500, a bgr glass that I hate, plastics and lights. The cab is beat up and the parts were not cleaned before being reinstalled, and it was not tuned, but I forked out 2200 I think and I would have paid another 500 NO PROBLEM if all of the parts were cleaned and it was tuned. Now days I notice that you dont often see games in really nice shape come up for sale often. Not even that many ratty games of the good titles. So when it comes to people that dont work on games, have good jobs, and their wife is not going to let them bring a routed game in to their mc mansion, they will pay 3800 for a nice playboy with pf and cab painted, and plastics if only it was available.

That is the business I want to get started now, but I cant find a partner that lives close enough, and wants to dig in to it. I would go so far to say that any title will sell for the money you put in to it, as long as you do it right, plus profit. games that have one of my pf's, and the rest of the game looks awesome plays awesome, it dosent matter the title, as long as it is not one of the new sterns. Personaly I want to do sys 11 and older. So I am throwin that out there to anyone who wants to live in west mi or allready does and wants to get a new business going. I am also saying it as an idea for the folks that follow my thread, because for the most part, you are all people who have done a pf swap, which means restoration. The other side of the coin is people who restore an A title game, and they dont have the repro pf fixed up perfect, and they dont replace a lot of the parts they should, and they sell it for 12-14k. I am not very interested in that model. it may mean more profit, but it turns in to work real fast when profit is the motivator. Its why I have not turned my business in to the ford model production line. It becomes factory work rather than craftsman ship.

although like I say, there is room for all of the diffrent angles

#228 3 years ago

<edit: Ron... doh!> I agree with your post about people willing to pay higher prices for their McMansion pins and not wanting some of the ratty games out there... but I have a somewhat related comment. I had PM'ed you asking about restoring and clearing an IJ playfield for me. If you recall, the playfield I have is already in really good shape, but needs some minor touchups here and there and then to be cleared. You said you weren't doing touch-up restorations anymore, only clearing of new PF's from CPR, etc. I can only assume because this is easier work and the playfield restorations don’t pay for the time you put into them, but am not sure.

Now that I read your last post, it confuses me. Why didn't you just quote me a silly high number for my IJ playfield restore and see if I would bite. Doesn't hurt to at least try to get what you're worth out of it, right? Maybe it would have been too much for my blood... but you don't know til you try. I'm not trying to be your agent, but I definitely reached out to you because I have heard you are the BEST and I believe it based on all the positive reviews I've seen. I just want to see you get out of it what you put into it. You keep saying you can't work for $5-10/hr (not your exact words, but paraphrasing), but have you tried to increase the prices and see if you still get customers?

Would like to meet you someday at a show and say hi because you sound like an honest, hard-working guy with a TON of expertise and artistic talent (yes, even clearing can be an art-form at it's highest level). I hope you are able to succeed with your restore business and I can only assume that you would be right up there with HEP, Bryan Kelly, etc if you get a full high-end resto business off the ground. Good luck with everything.

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

That is the business I want to get started now, but I cant find a partner that lives close enough

Damn Ron, wish I was closer. You're talkin' my language. Good luck and I'll on info if I hear of anyone out your way.

#230 3 years ago

There is truly only one business for Ron and all his "real" friends know what that is...

Brad

rk.png

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

his "real" friends

I call BS on this as Ron doesn't have any friends!!!

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Paul... I agree with your post about people willing to pay higher prices for their McMansion pins and not wanting some of the ratty games out there... but I have a somewhat related comment. I had PM'ed you asking about restoring and clearing an IJ playfield for me. If you recall, the playfield I have is already in really good shape, but needs some minor touchups here and there and then to be cleared. You said you weren't doing touch-up restorations anymore, only clearing of new PF's from CPR, etc. I can only assume because this is easier work and the playfield restorations don’t pay for the time you put into them, but am not sure.
    Now that I read your last post, it confuses me. Why didn't you just quote me a silly high number for my IJ playfield restore and see if I would bite. Doesn't hurt to at least try to get what you're worth out of it, right? Maybe it would have been too much for my blood... but you don't know til you try. I'm not trying to be your agent, but I definitely reached out to you because I have heard you are the BEST and I believe it based on all the positive reviews I've seen. I just want to see you get out of it what you put into it. You keep saying you can't work for $5-10/hr (not your exact words, but paraphrasing), but have you tried to increase the prices and see if you still get customers?
    Would like to meet you someday at a show and say hi because you sound like an honest, hard-working guy with a TON of expertise and artistic talent (yes, even clearing can be an art-form at it's highest level). I hope you are able to succeed with your restore business and I can only assume that you would be right up there with HEP, Bryan Kelly, etc if you get a full high-end resto business off the ground. Good luck with everything.

I really think this is a personal letter, but there is a reason you posted it publicly, so I will answer it. I cant give an accurate bid on restoring a pf especially if it has not been pulled, because I have to fix all of the holes you pulled screws and posts out of. In the 13 years I have been doing this I know what people will pay and what they will not (for the most part) This is one of the reasons I stopped doing restores. But there is a little secret I will let you in on, I do restorations, only for people I know. people that will send the pf, and wont question how much I charge what I have to. For people I dont know, I dont have the time. I answered your email politely and told you I am too busy to take in any restorations, I probably mentioned I have restorations in line here and it is over a year, which is why I dont take them. Getting paid for my work after it is done is not as easy as you may think. I havent made my morg payment because of a payment that was suppose to be here last week.

There is another reason I didnt give you a insane price just to see if you will take it. That is not the kind of person I am. I dont list pf's on ebay for insane prices just because there may be an idiot that will bite. In the last 2 years I have sold pf's like IJ nos, rocky, nos chicago cubs nos, TAFG nos (1800 I believe. I could have priced that at whatever I wanted and wait for a rich fool) I strongly believe that people that do business like that are not good folks, and they have ruined the hobby and business for me. If I follow your biz advice only the rich get to have the nice stuff, and I am sick of that crap. its the reason I dont have the titles of pf's I used to have because most people want to extort the hobby because they are lucky to find it or take advantage of someones ignorance, and even worse usually the people I know who do business like you suggest are all ready well to do. What you are suggesting is my prices should be the most I can squeeze from a person. Like a car sales man who has a rick looking single woman come looking at cars.

You are making a lot of assumptions that you know my business or me. All you know is I didnt want to restore your pf. Thats my business and there is a very good reason for it. If you actually respect me and want to shake my hand, dont offend me again, and post sour grapes. Ask me personaly. MY name is ron not paul

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I really think this is a personal letter, but there is a reason you posted it publicly, so I will answer it. I cant give an accurate bid on restoring a pf especially if it has not been pulled, because I have to fix all of the holes you pulled screws and posts out of. In the 13 years I have been doing this I know what people will pay and what they will not (for the most part) This is one of the reasons I stopped doing restores. But there is a little secret I will let you in on, I do restorations, only for people I know. people that will send the pf, and wont question how much I charge what I have to. For people I dont know, I dont have the time. I answered your email politely and told you I am too busy to take in any restorations, I probably mentioned I have restorations in line here and it is over a year, which is why I dont take them. Getting paid for my work after it is done is not as easy as you may think. I havent made my morg payment because of a payment that was suppose to be here last week.
    There is another reason I didnt give you a insane price just to see if you will take it. That is not the kind of person I am. I dont list pf's on ebay for insane prices just because there may be an idiot that will bite. In the last 2 years I have sold pf's like IJ nos, rocky, nos chicago cubs nos, TAFG nos (1800 I believe. I could have priced that at whatever I wanted and wait for a rich fool) I strongly believe that people that do business like that are not good folks, and they have ruined the hobby and business for me. If I follow your biz advice only the rich get to have the nice stuff, and I am sick of that crap. its the reason I dont have the titles of pf's I used to have because most people want to extort the hobby because they are lucky to find it or take advantage of someones ignorance, and even worse usually the people I know who do business like you suggest are all ready well to do. What you are suggesting is my prices should be the most I can squeeze from a person. Like a car sales man who has a rick looking single woman come looking at cars.
    You are making a lot of assumptions that you know my business or me. All you know is I didnt want to restore your pf. Thats my business and there is a very good reason for it. If you actually respect me and want to shake my hand, dont offend me again, and post sour grapes. Ask me personaly. MY name is ron not paul

Ok... I truly am embarrassed (by calling you Paul, when I know your name is Ron... honest mistake as I had just read Mustang's post and had it in my brain. like you, I'm getting old) and honestly did not mean my post to come across that way that I was posting sour grapes. I had no intention of posting sour grapes and I really have no sour grapes to post anyway. I was not upset with you and truly wanted my post to come across as a question about how we could get you richer for the skills you possess. Again... if I made assumptions, I am sorry.

I 1000% respect you to refuse any jobs you want to and in hindsight I could have sent a PM, but I thought you were trying to drum up support for a business, so I thought my post had some connection to that. I will stop making assumptions on anything that you are trying to do... I'm just reading the thread in a public forum and trying to contribute. Again, sorry for coming across the wrong way. If you ask anyone that knows me, you'll find that I am not trying a dick move or anything. I support people like you in the hobby and just want to continue to be a part of this awesome community. I've had pins for 12 years, but only found pinside a little over a year ago. It seems I need to learn a bit of etiquette on the public forum because I would never want to offend you.

#234 3 years ago

Ron does incredible work as many of you know. He perfected my Mirco Funhouse playfield for the restore I just completed. Absolutely stunning. Will get some finished pics of the project posted shortly.

Anyways, I used Ron's dremmel and glue kits to prep the holes for pre-drilling. Made a huge difference. On the repro playfields, you have to pre-drill because the holes are almost all undersized, and if you don't cut the clear first, drilling can very easily separate the clear from the artwork even with brand new bits. It's not pretty. Using a tiny dab of the glue with the needle at the rim of the hole gives it a nice finish and makes the posts much easier to remove for future playfield work or if you make a placement mistake. Even my pop bumper screw install went incredibly smooth. Definitely not doing another swap without these kits.

pasted_image (resized).jpeg

#235 3 years ago

I just ordered the kit from Ron. Looking forward to that helping me with future playfield swaps

#236 3 years ago

Here is a link to one of the pf's listed on epay. I can take 10% off if sold outside ebay. Thank you.
    ebay.com link

#237 3 years ago

Just a question not a business evaluation but wouldn't you get alot more for this TZ (and the others) if you CC'd them as you do normally? Seems like as you note the light scratches this could be Museum quality NOS pieces where money would be no object to several to obtain. I can't imagine there are many more NOS ones like this to be found or am I wrong about that also? Just asking, since I love TZ and this is a BIN auction could you tell me how much (PM or otherwise) how much it would cost to finish (clearcoat) this would be? Hate to get it and send it out again. Thanks.

#238 3 years ago

Hello on the tz that is for sale, it is nos, and my clear process is 650 for wide bodies. I will do up to an hour of touch up for free if it is necessary. I dont think there is an hour of work. Yes I like you thinking about saving on shipping, so I can get started on it the minute you send me the check. I will also take 10% off if we do it outside ebay!!!!!!
    I dont follow your logic. if you want the pf, do you want me to make more money and charge you more, after I clear it and sell it to you or should Ijust do it the way I am doing it, and charge you the sale price plus the clear.

This is the second time you have posted on this thread about why dont I run my business a different way. The first is on page one I believe, and I see you gave a thumb up to the fella who did yesterday. So, you are going to have to just take my word that I have been doing this over a decade and there are reasons I do what I do. Many many reasons. I will list some not because I have to but just since since this is the second time you have asked.

I have tried many diffrent ways in the almost 13 years I have been at it.

I tried doing it like you suggest, but I am lined up with jobs. I am clearing several of my own pf's at this very time, so I can sell them for a mean assed profit. I have to be careful though, because I learned when I graduated with my BBa that a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. If I work on my own pf;s, the the stack of customers pf's dont get done. anyone who has been here will tell you there are more pf's in line, than I bet you can imagine. Since there are more jobs than time, I am going to work on the sure bet, because when I finish the pf's that I own, I have to find someone to buy them. That brings me to another reason.

99 out of 100 times (I have done this a long time, I know) a person will pay 1000 for a Repro pf no problem, and have me clear it for 575 plus art work, I will just say 100 to keep it easy. So A total of 1675. I have customers waiting in line to pay that. Now I have had a nos sttng, that is complete except polish (again, bird in the hand) and it is priced at 1950 including a shipping crate. everyone calls on it, and it is glorious it is so beautiful but they all get sticker shock. One guy said he would take it for 1650, but then he was concerned if my work was good enough. So that is part of the reason the tz is not cleared.

Some more stuff about me that effects the way I run my business since we are doing this. I have a rod in my back that holds together 3 vertebre. It is considered a success, because I am not on narcotics (morphine) any more, but I deal with pretty serious pain on a regular, DAILY basis, and just yesterday, (and this makes me really happy) I went back to my doctor to get back on narcotics again, even though I still go to rehab, But the pain is unbareable and he told me that its not my back, my right hip is shot, and causing the pain. Its possible I can get surgery before the "repeal and replace" fellas get their way, but I dont have enough stashed to make it thru the recovery. Side note I love to talk about, I paid cash for my back operation which was 47K for just the surgery and the 3 days in the hospital. I just paid it off after 10 years payments. So all of that is part of my decision making process.

ok more explinations on how I run my biz... oh ok. last time you suggested that I make my money knocking out the most blown out pf's, because I can get them cheapest.
    here is a link to a job I did for a really nice guy. now the pics at the top are after I thought I was done with the art and I threw down a coat of clear to see how it would look. I had to do way more work.

http://s419.photobucket.com/user/kruzman/library/fireball%20torn%20apart?sort=3&page=1

His pf didnt look nearly as bad as the pics you see, but that is because in prep I have to do a lot of sanding (and I am not going to go in to an explanation of that) so in the first day the cost of the job almost doubled from the pics he sent. then the new work didnt look good next to the work that was not redone because it has a lot of mini cracks. I am not going to put my name on anything I am not proud of. I cant just stop work and send his pf back because it is trashed and prepped. Then come to find out the grand total was 112 hours before clear coat. back then I charged 450 for the clear. Those pics are not the complete job, but I got paid 1650 for this job. I had no way of knowing how long it will take, the people who just wanted their nos pf's cleared in a timely fashon were PISSED including friends. Not only did I make less than 10 bucks an hour after materials, but I couldnt work on anything else, and I pissed off my other supporters. The best deals are when both parties are happy, and neither were happy. the pf owner knew I was not making squat. He didnt know it was going to turn out that bad and either did I. And as everyone says "I cant spend more on the pf than the game cost"

I could spend another hour trying to justify why I do what to you, but I am tired of it, and I am actually sanding a pf that I own right now, that is for sale and cleared. $1650 complete and perfect, how many should I mark ya down for.
    This thread is no fun, I am thinking about doing what you do to sell your wares and that is just put them on the market place so people cant get up my ass, and being a compulsive idiot I feel I have to entertain them.

It may sound like I am pissy but I am not at all, I just dont have time to further explain my business, but I would love to sell you that TZ pf!!!!!! its available. cheers, and thank you for your support!!!!

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I dont have a dining room table to shoot the pf's on because my dining room is full of pins, as is my living room though there is a couch, my bedroom, and my finished basement are all full of pins. My mother-in-law house (which is for rent by the way. 1 bedroom on a little river. 600 which includes all utilities inc wireless and cable) is also full of pins in the living room and bedroom.
    The best place for me to shoot pics of pf's in on top of a game. Or as I usually do, leaning on a game. I am actually taking pics right now for ebay . I do not enjoy the process.
    When I was in my 20s and 30s all of my married friends were GREEN with envy because of the life I was living, and the girls and the toys and spending every winter abroad (or a nice girl. Ha!). They often said they would kill for my life, which I encouraged them to do. None did. Point is, now turning 50 they look at me and offer to buy me food.

Loved living in the guest house. That was a fun time.

#240 3 years ago

Damn Ron, didn't know you could type that much, how long did it take on your flip phone?

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

Loved living in the guest house. That was a fun time.

If you remember it Chris, you weren't there.

Brad

#242 3 years ago

Ok?? Not sure how we got off on the wrong foot here? I really did just want to consider buying what looked like a nice TZ playfield and asked you to PM me a price? Customer kind of thing. Didn't mean to inquire about your business though it seemed harmless to ask since this Is what you do for a living and rather well from what is posted here anyway. My intension was not to cheat you, tell you how to run your business, or pull a fast one on you. Just inquired to be a possible paying customer nothing more. Sorry about your health issues and other difficult business obstacles (clients) you have faced. For me this is an expensive (my choice) buying decision so I like to know who I am dealing with and what to expect in the future. Managing expectations. Based on your response I will assume we would not do business well together. I thank you for your time and wish you well in your business and life decisions.

#243 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok?? Not sure how we got off on the wrong foot here? I really did just want to consider buying what looked like a nice TZ playfield and asked you to PM me a price? Customer kind of thing. Didn't mean to inquire about your business though it seemed harmless to ask since this Is what you do for a living and rather well from what is posted here anyway. My intension was not to cheat you, tell you how to run your business, or pull a fast one on you. Just inquired to be a possible paying customer nothing more. Sorry about your health issues and other difficult business obstacles (clients) you have faced. For me this is an expensive (my choice) buying decision so I like to know who I am dealing with and what to expect in the future. Managing expectations. Based on your response I will assume we would not do business well together. I thank you for your time and wish you well in your business and life decisions.

He did end his post saying "I Would love to sell you the TZ playfield, it's available - cheers..."

#244 3 years ago

Keep in mind that I took these pics with a phone that is about 6 years old and when I bought it, I only paid 29 bucks for it.
    This is the complete centaur for sale. I have several of these I bought with no clear. if you know this reproduction you will notice the work I did around all of the arrow inserts, and well as about 10 of the circles

cent10 (resized).jpg

cent9 (resized).jpg

cent7 (resized).jpg

cent11 (resized).jpg

cent15 (resized).jpg

cent16 (resized).jpg

cent17 (resized).jpg

cent18 (resized).jpg

#245 3 years ago

couple more.
    I always test the roll over star inserts to make sure they work well and are not filled with clear

cent1 (resized).jpg

cent2 (resized).jpg

cent4 (resized).jpg

cent5 (resized).jpg

cent6 (resized).jpg

#246 3 years ago

Yep. got my self good and trolled. wont happen again. we will keep it straight up business. Here from now on
    I dont know why you dont want to buy that tz pf, but I knew you were not going to, you just wanted to push my buttons, which a 6th graded can figure out. Look forward to meeting you are expo, see if we can work this out. I will be happy to deliver the tz pf at no charge!!!! Save you some money. Its still available....

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

couple more.
    I always test the roll over star inserts to make sure they work well and are not filled with clear

Damn that looks so good it might be the first PF I would have considered as wall art!!

#249 3 years ago

That is stunning. Holy cow.

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I will be happy to deliver the tz pf at no charge!!!! Save you some money. Its still available....

Will also save you from having to build one of your bad ass shipping crates.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside