Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

611C7891-A243-429C-BAFE-ADF6BAAB94A6 (resized).png
269DD2CF-FBF8-4268-99B5-E73786A615F8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I thought the parts from Pinball Life (like the link above) are reproduction?

I think that's where I got my coils from same ones and they still use that same coil in machines today

#7 1 year ago

I think so they look the same too me from the old ones too Pinball life's not all but they do and others they have say Stern right one them but some of the flipper coils don't have that name on them hope this helps I got flipper coils for my GNR DE and it was a match and when I had my LOTR same thing they are the same as what was in the game match too at the time

#10 1 year ago

Here's the reply from PBL:
"They are the same spec/rating/power, but they are made by a different company. The company Stern uses makes junk."
So they're reproduction parts, but all the same specs.
In my experience with PBL parts, they're never exactly the same. I bought replacement coils for my Iron Maiden when two lugs snapped off, and the replacement coils were just the tiniest bit taller, and took some forcing to fit.
Back on the hunt for official Stern parts. If anyone has a Stern coil, please let me know.
Thanks.

Ya I hear you but with anything I have ordered for my old LOTR or my GNR was a good fit and they worked like they should and the same match from my old ones I can't say for any other ones

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Good stuff from PBL.
[quoted image]

Yes they are great stuff and I have the same coils from PBL

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

This is fine.
[quoted image]

Good find they will be fine

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Yup, I don’t have that game but it states as PBL does that this coil helps with the center ramp shot. It’s the same as GNR needing just a little power to make the ramps. This is a no brainer.

Yes for sure as we know with GNR too make it up the left ramp ,when I had my LOTR I got the same coils for it and they are fine just like GNR

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I have to agree with the PBL statement that Stern coils are junk now. So wanting NOS is ok to an extent but if they are using shitty products then why not upgrade to the coils that will last. PBL & Pinball Wizard aren’t just saying this to make a sale. Another example: My Scared Stiff has the auto plunger like Stern does, The B/W setup is much better & reliable for the last 5 yrs or more. The Stern auto plunger is total garbage with plastic bushings & to much slop left & right, & a lot of guys have issues right out of the box. I have same issue on BKSOR now & then. So we gotta be reasonable here, an upgrade is exactly that.

Yes I agree I am really not a fan of the new pins today ,I stick with the Bally & Williams from the 90s they are build too last a life time and then some can’t go wrong

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Agreed 100%. Wife wanted BKSOR so we got it. Good game, decent play. Not a big Stern fan, funny when we play she gravitates towards D/E GNR & myself it’s SS. Just a better overall feel, & to think I almost got EHOH. NAH! SS is better.

yes for sure the last Stern I got was in 2007 my Family Guy great Stern pin and will never sell it but anything it seems after that a lot of Stern has changed and not for the good

#26 1 year ago

Must not come on line too often

#28 1 year ago

I think that personally, the PBL parts are good quality, but, in my experience, they sometimes differ a bit, even ever so slightly.
I'd prefer original parts for my game.
Just my preference.

Best of luck on finding some bud if u do please let us know NOS coils

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-stern-coils-090-5020-20t?tu=Williampinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.