(Topic ID: 2165)

NOS SS playfield fetches nearly 3K on eBay!

By gweempose

13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I'm shocked! That's some serious cash for just a playfield. Check it out:

ebay.com link: 1996 BALLY SCARED STIFF PINBALL PLAYFIELD NEW NOS

#2 13 years ago

You could pay someone to restore a used playfield to phenomenal condition (dare I say better then NOS) for half that price. Hell, you could buy a working Scared Stiff game in average to above average condition for that kinda money. IMO that's either shill bidding, 2 nincompoops or a combination of both.

#3 13 years ago

"IMO that's either shill bidding, 2 nincompoops or a combination of both ..."

I agree. The price it went for is simply insane. I can't imagine the seller ever dreamed it would go for anything close to that. The bidding started at one dollar with no reserve. I think some people have a tendency to lose sight of reality when they get caught up in an eBay bidding war. In my eyes, the real winner of this auction was the guy that lost.

#4 13 years ago

Ebay is never an accurate reflection of prices thing should sell for. Thanks to ebay you either pay over inflated prices do to parties bidding over zealously. Or auctioners bidding on their own products to inflate bidding profit. And make items look more desireable than they actually are.

Or you think you got a deal on a piece of junk that nobody wants, because it is junk you still paid too much.

It is sad that ebay is ruining alot of collectors hobbies. Because of ebay, alot of sellers think that because something is selling for that amount on ebay. What they have for sale is worth that amount.

SS NOS playfields will now pop up on ebay at crazy prices because of this, it will also raise the prices of other NOS playfields by association. Too bad.

#5 13 years ago

I just bought a NOS TOTAN playfield at $1300. Should i be happy??? I thought it was very expensive....

#6 13 years ago

I've thought about it some more, and here is my take on the situation. A guy has an SS playfield that he wants to sell, so he hatches a plan with a friend in which they put a different SS playfield up for auction. They proceed to bid it up to a ludicrous price, creating an artificially high winning bid. Sometime in the near future, they will list the real playfield for auction, hoping to gain from their duplicity. To me, this seems a lot more plausible than two legitimate bidders that were actually willing to pay nearly three grand for an item that is probably available for way less elsewhere.

#7 13 years ago

Gweempose, you maybe right. Some people have time to loose....

#8 13 years ago

Thats the more likely explanation, happens all the time on ebay.

I was looking at an auction for a homebrew pacman port for the colecovision. It went for $75 used, looking around I found it brand new from the designer for $30. I bought it ,and low and behold the same email address as the ebay auction account. Hmmmmm?

So what are they trying to pull? I figure inflating prices to try to get people to buy because it went for way more at auction, so it has to be worth the high price.

I have seen the mario bros homebrew go for $125 on ebay, but it is for sale on the publishers site for 69.99, it used to be 29.99 3 months ago. Hmmmm again?

#9 13 years ago

Oh he(double hockey sticks). That's just way wrong. I got a near new used playfield for my Phoenix for $60 including shipping from freakin' Canada.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
£ 39.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 249.00
£ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-ss-playfield-fetches-nearly-3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.