You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4567.JPG
IMG_4565.JPG
IMG_4566.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I'm not 100% sure this is a 'complete' set - so hopefully you can look and decide for yourself.

These are WMS plastics - they 'stink' like original plastics do. They are NOS, but most are missing the protective cover.

They include the topper, still sealed in a WMS bag.

Looking for $300 shipped, or close reasonable offer. That's what I paid for them.

IMG_4565.JPGIMG_4565.JPGIMG_4566.JPGIMG_4566.JPGIMG_4567.JPGIMG_4567.JPG

#2 9 years ago

These sold yesterday. Still have the NOS MB set though!

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I'm not 100% sure this is a 'complete' set - so hopefully you can look and decide for yourself.
These are WMS plastics - they 'stink' like original plastics do. They are NOS, but most are missing the protective cover.
They include the topper, still sealed in a WMS bag.
Looking for $300 shipped, or close reasonable offer. That's what I paid for them.

IMG_4566.JPG 331 KB

IMG_4565.JPG 408 KB

IMG_4567.JPG 328 KB

Would you sell separately or only as a set..... 300 alot for the set bro.

#4 9 years ago

You got $300 for the set of RS plastics?

#5 9 years ago

Yes, they sold for close to asking price. I took a bit of a loss on these, but it's OK.

It may seem like a lot, but when I was looking for a set, that's what I had to pay for them - and that's where I started out pricing them.

If they weren't worth the asking price, I'd still have them, right?

I mean, if I'd paid $500 for them, and they were worth $300, they're worth $300

If I'd paid $10 for them, and they were worth $300, they're worth $300

In one scenario, I profit; the other, I lose; not sure where the problem is.

#6 9 years ago

Oh, no problem. I just didn't realize Planetary Pinball (they own the Williams rights I think, no?) would not be making more of these. I thought plastic sets in general sold in the $75-$100 but I guess not! It seems like PP could make more profit on sets of plastics (with a whole lot less hassle than MMR). But congrats on the sale!

#7 9 years ago

Planetary seems to be around the $175 price range for a typical plastics set, which I think is fair. I have no problem paying that when I need a set.

I think Planetary will get just about everything done, if there's enough demand for Rollergames, I'm sure there's enough demand for Road Show. But, when? That's the tough part.

I've bought a lot of plastics over the years. I'll never forget the time my distributor sent me a $200 'NOS' set of Fish Tales plastics, I opened it, and there were 4, maybe 5 pcs in it. Of course they didn't want it back. They'd hooked me up so many times over the years, I just ate it, figured if I made them mad, the next time they had a deal, they wouldn't call me.

When the dist closed a few years later, they called me first with their wired PF list, and I got a NOS wired BoP field for $400, so I hold no grudges

#8 9 years ago

These are new old stock not reproductions. Some folks like what Williams made and not a reproduction. Your comparison as well as your sarcastic backhand of tossing
75 out there as what Rick charges which is false, is a nonstarter. Welcome to pinside.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

These are new old stock not reproductions. Some folks like what Williams made and not a reproduction. Your comparison as well as your sarcastic backhand of tossing
75 out there as what Rick charges which is false, is a nonstarter. Welcome to pinside.

I know quite a few high-end collectors and all seem to agree that new plastics made from original artwork are the way to go (since many original NOS plastics will still have faded over time and become more brittle.) There is a difference between "reproduction" and newly made but from original licensed artwork I think (correct?). Like, when CPR makes a new playfield ... aren't they just reproducing the artwork as best they can but not printing new playfields from the original artwork? Or are they really using original artwork and it's still called reproduction?

#10 9 years ago

I'll gladly use repros whenever possible. I'm not one of the people that has to have NOS - but I concede that those people *do* exist, I've met plenty of them!

I think the repro plastics and playfields out there are a mix of made from original art and redrawn. I know that Planetary now has a lot of the stuff that Illinios Pin Ball had, and is now able to make a lot of things with original art.

Generally, the redrawn stuff has had pretty good acceptance across the board.

And, in the case of 'original art', there have been a few situations where there was more than 1 'original' set of art for a given title, with subtle or not so subtle variations.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-road-show-plastic-set-300-shipped-obo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.