10648873_10152839676427375_7930715917124849634_o[1].jpg
rs2.jpg
rs1.jpeg
donald-duck-mad-3.gif
donald-duck-mad-1.gif
donald-duck-mad-2.jpeg
Star Trek.jpg
10639715_10152830662452375_3503805200732860171_n[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 9 years ago

Can someone fill me in one the history with these NOS populated playfields? They seem like an odd replacement part for a company to offer/produce.

I get needing new backglasses for when some jerk smashes out the backglass on location and needing random small replacement parts, but the whole playfield?

I just don't get an operator replacing only a playfield if it wore out. I would think the whole game would be a mess if the playfield got worn out on location and by that time the operator would just want to get a whole new pin that would be more reliable and Bally would want you to buy one of the new titles they were selling.

Were these populated playfields just overruns when they were making the pins when they were not sure how many they were going to produce?

Did you see these types of populated playfields in the late 1980's and newer being made available?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-populated-space-invaders-playfields?tu=mg81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.