(Topic ID: 139632)

Looking for Playfields thread (Buy, sell, trade)

By shacklersrevenge

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,305 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 347 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3208 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3209 (resized).jpeg
    20240202_190400 (resized).jpg
    20240202_190341 (resized).jpg
    20240129_170949 (resized).jpg
    20240129_170951 (resized).jpg
    20240129_164656 (resized).jpg
    20240129_170940 (resized).jpg
    WHOdunnit pinball (resized).jpg
    IMG_0537 (resized).png
    IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0538 (resized).png
    IMG_0205 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0213 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dee-bow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#838 7 years ago

Bram Stroker Dracula?!

#841 7 years ago

I meant I'm looking for a BSD!

Quoted from Sebastian:

Still have NOS: TAF MM AFM CP W?D Flintstones NF JB DH NGG
    Restored:
    TOTAN CC BSD
    Used:
    RFM
    sold
    JM RS T2
    Pm for info

yours is much too nice for me!

3 months later
    #875 6 years ago

anyone here anything more on the talk of a BSD playfields getting made?

1 year later
    #1145 5 years ago

Any Cheetah's ?!

#1148 5 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

There was a seller from Argentina (?) selling multiple Classic Stern playfields on EBay. Pm me if you have trouble finding the seller

I tried them..its gone!

1 year later
    #1919 4 years ago

Any silver ball mania's out there?!

2 months later
    #2015 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

I’ll throw this here in case someone has a super blown out EATPM playfield.
    There is some wear as can be seen in the pics but it does have Mylar over the majority of the playfield.
    Again a good candidate if yours is blown out.
    $400 + shipping
    Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wondering if I can see a few more pics

2 years later
    #2730 1 year ago
    Quoted from kdunbar:

Titan is starting to list some of their NOS playfields, Picked up Scared Stiff and it is amazing
    https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=66_67

Are all whirlwind pf's normally planked like that?

#2731 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are all whirlwind pf's normally planked like that?

Mine is planked (and has wear) so i always keep an eye out for one in my price range(CAD $$ suks!)

( i see the NOS one online with said planking as well..& priced accordingly)

9 months later
    #3002 1 year ago

Anyone that wants to practice shipping pf's can send me a Mousin Around or a Whirlwind !

1 month later
    #3064 11 months ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

He’s in the middle of a big project of converting a bunch of Abra Ca Dabras into Wizards

I recently played one of these at my friend's house (pinhead306) I didn't get much time on it, but it played great and it sure is frikkin beautiful.

6 months later
    #3220 4 months ago

Sorry to derail the thread. Does anyone have a tip or trick for removing a stripped t-nut that just spins when i try to remove a starpost on the playfield? Or a link to a thread if there is something on pinside..thanks

#3225 4 months ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

If it is sticking out enough, a vice grip. Otherwise, I'll wedge the edge of a flat blade screwdriver in the little groove and crank on it. Usually at that point, the post will break off, so I suggest having a replacement on hand to prevent rage issues.

I tried the flathead screwdriver but i ended up just mangling the t-nut until there was enough to grab with needle nose pliers. There's a few more that are like that. I think i will zip cut the top off and punch the rest thru the bottom of the pf. Probably destroy a few star posts but I want to prevent further damage to the underside where ill need to install some new t-nuts.

#3226 4 months ago
    Quoted from roar:

I feel like a set of vice grips should be able to get a hold of the t-nut, then just unscrew from above while holding the vice grip, a little awkward, but it should work.
    Edit: Or is the t-nut sunk so far into the wood you can't get a hold of it with vice grips?

Mini vise grips wouldn't grab the nut.. unless i destroyed it and bent the sides upwards. They are soft tho and came apart in pieces. It worked, but dug up the bottom of the playfield too much

#3228 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Perhaps this might help??
    [quoted image]

Yes.. that is a really good idea too.. I'm concerned about the damage the stripped t-nut is doing to the underside of the pf, that screw hole won't help the new t-nut bite into it's correct spot. Do you just fill with sawdust& wood glue and it's good to go?

* very clever idea to label the correct post size next to the hole under there!

#3231 4 months ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Have you tried using vampliers to grab the tnut? VAMPLIERS 6.25" Screw Extraction Multipurpose Pliers with Unique Non-Slip Jaws. Patented Stripped Screw Remover Tool. Effeciently extracts any damaged or rusted screws/fasteners. Made in Japan: VT-001 https://a.co/d/h59DXWN

No, sir! But I'm definitely going to be getting a pair for the pinball toolkit. I have needle nose pliers and a small pair of vise grips, but neither would work! Thank you for the link!

#3232 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

The screw is OEM. Kept the T-nut from turning when the manufacturing line guys and gals tightened everything up with their air powered screw drivers. The picture is of an old Fathom play field. I would estimate over half of the T-nuts have screws on them like this. Came that way. I do it on my new builds as well. Not just for this. With the super tough play fields coming out from places like CPR I can't even dead blow them into place without doing starter holes. Then when you go to screw something in from the top it just pushes the T-nut right out. The screw is an extra step but it is worth it. Hope you get your issue resolved.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing the knowledge. I appreciate the help. Also, it makes sense that they are OEM & definitely a good idea to do it on new builds. There are so many t-nuts that spin freely on the Mousin Around I tore down. That's reassuring it's a common occurrence.
    * if someone parted with a mousin' around pf they have hiding in their closet then my issues would be more than resolved!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dee-bow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfields-you-havent-seen-and-i-havent-seen?tu=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.