(Topic ID: 139632)

Looking for Playfields thread (Buy, sell, trade)

By shacklersrevenge

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,308 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by marcd
  • Topic is favorited by 348 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3208 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3209 (resized).jpeg
    20240202_190400 (resized).jpg
    20240202_190341 (resized).jpg
    20240129_170949 (resized).jpg
    20240129_170951 (resized).jpg
    20240129_164656 (resized).jpg
    20240129_170940 (resized).jpg
    WHOdunnit pinball (resized).jpg
    IMG_0537 (resized).png
    IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0538 (resized).png
    IMG_0205 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0213 (resized).jpeg
    There are 3,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 67.
    #2851 1 year ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

If the reproduction occurred long enough ago then it could be both.

Bullshit. That's how unscrupulous sellers look at it as they try to make their ads more attractive.

Reproductions are reproductions no matter how old they are. When you see the term "NOS" it is meant to describe an unused OEM part.

It is highly-deceptive to describe repops as "NOS". The only reason sellers misuse the term is to deceive an unwitting buyer. Otherwise they would just call it what it is and not use a term that is generally used to describe OEM parts.

#2852 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Bullshit. That's how unscrupulous sellers look at it as they try to make their ads more attractive.
    Reproductions are reproductions no matter how old they are. When you see the term "NOS" it is meant to describe an unused OEM part.
    It is highly-deceptive to describe repops as "NOS". The only reason sellers misuse the term is to deceive an unwitting buyer. Otherwise they would just call it what it is and not use a term that is generally used to describe OEM parts.

The year is 2045, when someone goes to sell their 2015 silk-screened CPR playfield, and CPR has redone a digitally printed version in 2040, the 2015 version couldn't be called a "NOS, repro, CPR silk-screened playfield from 2015"

#2853 1 year ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

The year is 2045, when someone goes to sell their 2015 silk-screened CPR playfield, and CPR has redone a digitally printed version in 2040, the 2015 version couldn't be called a "NOS, repro, CPR silk-screened playfield from 2015"

Nos repro would be acceptable

#2854 1 year ago

I have an unobtainium Devil's Dare NOS clearcoated playfield for sale.

#2855 1 year ago

I have a NOS playfield I would like to get clear coated. Looking for recommendations for people on Pinside that do this.

#2856 1 year ago
    Quoted from daly124:

I have a NOS playfield I would like to get clear coated. Looking for recommendations for people on Pinside that do this.

Contact a local automotive body shop, and have them give you a quote. Easy, close, no shipping, and done. I use a 2 stage auto clear, with hardener, and about 3 coats with wet sanding in between. It's hard as a rock, and 2k clear really stands up without yellowing.

#2857 1 year ago
    Quoted from daly124:

if you are not going the "local body shop route" i have used https://www.lasvegasplayfields.com/ a few times with good results.

#2858 1 year ago
    Quoted from daly124:

kruzman clears playfields.

#2859 1 year ago

Found this ad (not my sale)

Flash Gordon
    $400
    Watauga, TX
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/260537684370265/permalink/1575142262909794/

#2860 1 year ago
    Quoted from daly124:

NeoSkywalker also does it.

He did my Swords of Fury and did an excellent job.

#2861 1 year ago
    Quoted from daly124:

You should look into SprayMax. It is a two part straight urethane clear coat system. It comes in a rattle can that you can only purchase online due to EPA restrictions. I did my MM pf with fantastic results. I did 7 coats and even leveled some sunken inserts with the stuff. There is a thread here on SprayMax. It is the real deal so you have to use a mask with the filter when spraying. IMHO you do not need to turn to a body shop when you can do it so easily yourself at home with this stuff and some 2k grit sandpaper between coats. Just make sure you allow it to cure a week between coats.

#2862 1 year ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

You should look into SprayMax. It is a two part straight urethane clear coat system. It comes in a rattle can that you can only purchase online due to EPA restrictions. I did my MM pf with fantastic results. I did 7 coats and even leveled some sunken inserts with the stuff. There is a thread here on SprayMax. It is the real deal so you have to use a mask with the filter when spraying. IMHO you do not need to turn to a body shop when you can do it so easily yourself at home with this stuff and some 2k grit sandpaper between coats. Just make sure you allow it to cure a week between coats.

What do you do with the remaining product in the can between coats? It’s only good for 48 hours.

In Canada you can get SprayMax for about $65 a can at Napa. I did Getaway and Road Show playfields with great results, had a lot of issues with fisheyes when I did WCS.

#2863 1 year ago

Krutzman is one of the best ,if not the best......check out his work

#2864 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

What do you do with the remaining product in the can between coats? It’s only good for 48 hours.
    In Canada you can get SprayMax for about $65 a can at Napa. I did Getaway and Road Show playfields with great results, had a lot of issues with fisheyes when I did WCS.

You have to use the whole can. A can will do 2 to 3 coats before it is exhausted. So I used a can then let it cure for a week.

#2865 1 year ago

Looking for a nice Monster Bash playfield. Thanks

#2866 1 year ago

I learned about 40 years ago in the harley hobby that NOS means "New original stock" meaning that part was used in production. A repro will never be nos. never. Only the pfs that were made for or by the manufacturer are nos.
    I see on ebay and sometimes here, that most people have no idea what NOS is, as well as many who dont know that their pf is a repro. Or they claim not to know.

I have 72 NOS and repro pfs in stock right now, if you ever need something. My stock is always changing, so you can check in any time. I have a website, but it is not always current.
    I also clearcoat pfs. I have developed a process over the 14-15 years I have been doing this full time, that focuses on longevity first. I am talking about ball dimples that lead to wear. Regular production clear coats will often get banged up really fast. I have seen the surface of a pf with 100-200 plays look like the surface of a golf ball. If you dont mind that look then it would be a waste to have me clear your pf.

#2867 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I have 72 NOS and repro pfs in stock right now, if you ever need something. My stock is always changing, so you can check in any time. I have a website, but it is not always current.
    I also clearcoat pfs. I have developed a process over the 14-15 years I have been doing this full time, that focuses on longevity first. I am talking about ball dimples that lead to wear. Regular production clear coats will often get banged up really fast. I have seen the surface of a pf with 100-200 plays look like the surface of a golf ball. If you dont mind that look then it would be a waste to have me clear your pf.

i actually ended up with one of your Centaur PF, and it is a work of art for sure. it was an interesting one, the screening was printed off by like 1/2" on some of the insert showing the underneath wood, it gives it character

#2868 1 year ago
    Quoted from hisokajp:

i actually ended up with one of your Centaur PF, and it is a work of art for sure. it was an interesting one, the screening was printed off by like 1/2" on some of the insert showing the underneath wood, it gives it character

Definitely not nos. Cpr makes the centaur repros. Mirco may be doing one now, but I havent cleared on of his yet.

#2869 1 year ago

Looking for a playfield for a 1972 Williams Line Drive baseball pitch and bat.
    Mine has wear on the players.
    Since it will probably be impossible to find a field....
    I would be interested in a playfield scan
    Or finding a person in eastern PA 19438 that can do touch up work.

20221109_161545 (resized).jpg20221109_161545 (resized).jpg
    #2870 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

Definitely not nos. Cpr makes the centaur repros. Mirco may be doing one now, but I havent cleared on of his yet.

interesting, i do not recall what the stamping was, i'll check next time.

#2871 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I know nothing about spray cans of 2 part clear, but, are you using a good dewaxer/degreaser before spraying? I sometimes use a tooth brush with de waxer if there is cracks and texture to the surface. for example cracks around an insert, can have wax, or gunk in there.
    Dont forget if you spray your pf with your air compressor to blow off dust and what not, with out the proper filters, you can be spraying oil vapor on the pf. It depends on the compressor type. The small oil-less compressors for roofing and nail guns, dont spray oil, but big compressors with a motor/belt/compressor have lots of oil vapor in the air.

The most important part of clearing is prepping your surface for mechanical bite. I have learned thru the years that is you have a high point, say the edge of an insert, and you dont get the sanding on the spot after the high point, you will have ghosting in a while down the road. I even sand my fresh paint now before clearing, because on a pf I cleared long ago, it got a little ghosting around the inside of an insert key line. The fresh paint makes a height difference. Now I make sure to rough up that area thoroughly.
    Always try to think of ways to improve your system. Even if only in theory, you dont want issues to come up after you did all of the work to install the pf!

#2872 1 year ago

Wanted: Stranger things playfield. PM me!

#2873 1 year ago

I'm looking to trade locally for a nice used T2 playfield. Not looking to purchase a NOS or new repro. I'm looking for something in similar condition to the JD pf here, where it's not obvious why it was taken out of a game and stripped.

I have some pfs to trade, and Allentown is an option if you're kinda far away.

I want this for a pf swap I'll probably never do, so no rush, no worries.

I've got a nice used Dirty Harry, a wall art TAF, and a few others I need to take pics of.

Located in Central NJ 07724.

20180222_132902 (resized).jpg20180222_132902 (resized).jpg20180222_133048 (resized).jpg20180222_133048 (resized).jpg20180222_133124 (resized).jpg20180222_133124 (resized).jpg20180222_133212 (resized).jpg20180222_133212 (resized).jpg20180222_133308 (resized).jpg20180222_133308 (resized).jpg20180222_133456 (resized).jpg20180222_133456 (resized).jpg20180222_133529 (resized).jpg20180222_133529 (resized).jpg
    #2874 1 year ago

I have a used restorable T2. I will try to get pics today.

#2875 1 year ago

OOPS. I see you are looking for local. sorry. Funny how I can read stuff and not hear it.

#2876 1 year ago

How is the dh playfield? And how much you asking for it?

#2877 1 year ago

Looking for a Jurassic park pro playfield.

#2878 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

How is the dh playfield? And how much you asking for it?

The DH is $niceusedT2pf if you happen to be going to Allentown this year. Not for sale.

PM me your email address if you have what I'm looking for and I can send a bunch of pics tonight after work.

I also wouldn't be against trading the DH for something else just as nice. I'm just not set up for shipping anything anywhere right now.

#2879 1 year ago
    Quoted from paulbaptiste:

New JJP POTC LE playfield available
    New/Unused CPR Silverball Mania
    Will sell either or trade for a Shadow to TBL playfield

Still have POTC LE Playfield available for sell/trade
    CPR Silverball Mania

Will sell or trade either

#2880 1 year ago

Anyone have a High Speed sitting around? Preferably one with art damage, as I'm using it to make a homebrew and don't want to sacrifice a usable playfield.

#2881 1 year ago

I have a JP pro pf in the living room. $825

20230101_112703 (resized).jpg20230101_112703 (resized).jpg20230101_112718 (resized).jpg20230101_112718 (resized).jpg20230101_112733 (resized).jpg20230101_112733 (resized).jpg20230101_112739 (resized).jpg20230101_112739 (resized).jpg20230101_112743 (resized).jpg20230101_112743 (resized).jpg20230101_112802 (resized).jpg20230101_112802 (resized).jpg
    #2882 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone have a High Speed sitting around? Preferably one with art damage, as I'm using it to make a homebrew and don't want to sacrifice a usable playfield.

here is one for two fiddy

20230104_142854 (resized).jpg20230104_142854 (resized).jpg20230104_142902 (resized).jpg20230104_142902 (resized).jpg20230104_142907 (resized).jpg20230104_142907 (resized).jpg20230104_142913 (resized).jpg20230104_142913 (resized).jpg20230104_142917 (resized).jpg20230104_142917 (resized).jpg20230104_142921 (resized).jpg20230104_142921 (resized).jpg
    #2883 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

here is one for two fiddy

Way too nice for me. I'm sanding the art off and physically altering the area around the pops and lanes.

#2884 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Way too nice for me. I'm sanding the art off and physically altering the area around the pops and lanes.

I think that one is too far gone and not worth fixing for Ron

#2885 1 year ago

Looking for a WhoDunnit playfield without insert wear.

Jody

#2886 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

OK I see what cha mean. I think the only pf I have that I would feel ok with the art being sanded down is a sea witch. Its missing more paint than it has. I have it hanging on the shop wall because its the most worn pf I have ever taken out of a game before. This game got rode hard and put away wet, many times!!!!!

It is kind strange how nice you can make a train wreck of a pf if you take a belt sander to it. CPR used to print new art on your old sanded down field, basically making a new pf that in my opinion is closer to nos than a repro.

#2887 1 year ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

I think that one is too far gone and not worth fixing for Ron

Beyond my ablity for-shore.

#2888 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

OK I see what cha mean. I think the only pf I have that I would feel ok with the art being sanded down is a sea witch.

Yeah, I'm not ok with ruining useable playfields for my weird one off projects.
    One of my upcoming projects is getting an F-14 running again from nothing but a populated playfield. My goal is 1 week, from commencing the project to a flipping machine. We'll see how it goes.

#2889 1 year ago
    Quoted from tandem2:

Looking for a WhoDunnit playfield without insert wear.
    Jody

I have a nos who dunnit pf in the shop that belongs to a customer. I cant do anything with it because the inserts dont have key lines around them, and the ink is all ready cracked around each insert. So if I do my prep work its going to make this thing look horrible, and I cant touch it up.
    It leads me to believe that your quest will be quite the challenge, but you never know. Someone in a state that doesnt have seasonal weather change may have one set aside that didnt crack up. Or at least it wasnt stored in the garage or basement on the cement, sorry concrete.

#2890 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Yeah, I'm not ok with ruining useable playfields for my weird one off projects.
    One of my upcoming projects is getting an F-14 running again from nothing but a populated playfield. My goal is 1 week, from commencing the project to a flipping machine. We'll see how it goes.

You sound fun, I dont think we have met, have fun, I love challenging myself also. Good luck.
    I remember back before like 2010, you couldnt sell a F14 for 750, but the boards were worth 750. I know a guy who parted 2 or 3 of them. pretty soon we are going to need every game that is still left. I am so bummed that I used to throw away wire harneses when I restored a pf that happened to be populated.

#2891 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

You sound fun, I dont think we have met, have fun, I love challenging myself also. Good luck.

Thanks! Next time you are around the Bay Area, hit me up. I feel like a lot of games were parted out before their time. And a lot of perfectly good designs were hobbled by rules or just the tech of time. Cheap controllers like the Cobrapin are making it easier to breathe new life into these old gems.

#2892 1 year ago

Looking for a nice Judge Dredd playfield….

#2893 1 year ago

Anybody have a real nice Captain Fantastic playfield? NOS? NOS and cleared? Repro?

Debating on restoring mine, and would want a better PF if I'm going to all that trouble.

CF Playfield (resized).jpgCF Playfield (resized).jpgCF Playfield 2 (resized).jpgCF Playfield 2 (resized).jpg
    #2894 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Anybody have a real nice Captain Fantastic playfield? NOS? NOS and cleared? Repro?
    Debating on restoring mine, and would want a better PF if I'm going to all that trouble.[quoted image][quoted image]

You can pm kevin@cpr and ask when they’re going to run this title again.

#2895 1 year ago
    #2896 1 year ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

You can pm kevin@cpr and ask when they’re going to run this title again.

Yeah, I just ordered a few things from them, and I don't think the run for CF will be anytime soon.

#2897 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I just ordered a few things from them, and I don't think the run for CF will be anytime soon.

I saw it back in stock for a week during Christmas. Now sold out again. Might be worth getting on the waitlist.

#2898 1 year ago

used white water playfield with upper. just pulled from a game i was restoring. make offer

IMG_9737[1] (resized).JPGIMG_9737[1] (resized).JPGIMG_9738[1] (resized).JPGIMG_9738[1] (resized).JPG
    #2899 1 year ago

Thats a nice WW set. I have restored way worse than that. I am not bragging, I mean to say that is very restorable!!

#2900 1 year ago

someone was asking about a cpr nitro ground shaker gold I thought was shipped and gone, but I just ran across it today. I have the plastic set also 900 or 1050 with the plastics.

the NGS is one of the original screened pfs,

There are 3,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfields-you-havent-seen-and-i-havent-seen/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.