Looking for Playfields thread (Buy, sell, trade)

Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders.

By shacklersrevenge

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 803 posts
  • 320 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Ericpinballfan

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by TomDK
Uploaded by TomDK
Uploaded by TomDK
Uploaded by cartert
Uploaded by Basil
Uploaded by Basil
Uploaded by Pinwow
Uploaded by Pinwow
Uploaded by Pinwow
Uploaded by Pinwow

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 803 posts in topic. You are on page 16 of 17.
    #751 21 days ago

I am also looking for a very nice restored original or a NOS MM playfield

#752 21 days ago

Please let me know if anyone had a Stern Meteor playfield available!

#753 20 days ago

I have DE Star Wars and Dirty Harry playfields. Used but very good candidates for restoration. DH could be used as drop in replacement. Looking to trade with LOTR-playfield, no need to be new but reasonable condition.

#754 20 days ago

I am still ISO a RADICAL pf in restorable condition.

#755 20 days ago

Looking for an IJ playfield. I have a full set of main/mini FT (an original with no fish wear) and TSPP playfields for sale/trade.

#756 18 days ago

Also looking for a meteor playfield or scans of the Missles in front of the flippers. Thanks

#757 18 days ago

How do you guys handle nos playfields that don't have all the holes drilled? Like the t-nuts

#758 18 days ago

Either send it to Ron Kruzman for drilling and dimpling, or use the old playfield as a template and apply good masking tape to the artwork side of the PF before drilling.
    Use brand new drill bits and go slow.

#759 15 days ago

What Ron's contact info? Is he on pinside?

#760 15 days ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

What Ron's contact info? Is he on pinside?

@kruzman

#761 15 days ago

Looking for restorable Flash Gordon and frontier playfields. Mine are missing more paint than what's left.

Or CPR Flash Gordon. I have CPR fish tales or fathom to trade.

#762 14 days ago

Im looking for a used restorable IJ playfield pm me, Show me what you got....(Rick and Morty reference...)

Also looking for similar condition TAF, please no magnet burn....

#763 13 days ago

Like so many, I am looking for a restoreable Flash Gordon playfield. Mine is mostly a worn piece of wood with no art at this point. Thanks!

#764 13 days ago

NOS Atilla the Hun

IMG_0060 (resized).JPG

#765 13 days ago

Here's what playfields I got to sell. None of these include shipping prices.

Haunted House, all three levels with about 60% of the parts still on them. $500 for the set of three only.
    Kiss Bally, used with no parts but cleaned up and would make a good wall hanger. $200
    OXO, used wall hanger with no parts. $25
    Hook, NOS but if I remember right there's some slight damage. $200
    Sharkey's Shootout, NOS. $250
    WoZ, NOS. $300
    Judge Dredd, used with no parts, wall hanger or restore. $100
    Victory lower playfield ( I still need to verify that's what game this goes to.) NOS, $200
    Funhouse, Gene Cunningham test sample playfield with none of the inserts cut. Great all hanger and conversation piece. $200

And last I have a used Seawitch playfield here that was supposed to go to someone during my party last November. Let me know who owns it and we'll get it figured out what to do with it.

Thanks
    John

#766 13 days ago

Pm sent on JD

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here's what playfields I got to sell. None of these include shipping prices.
    Haunted House, all three levels with about 60% of the parts still on them. $500 for the set of three only.
    Kiss Bally, used with no parts but cleaned up and would make a good wall hanger. $200
    OXO, used wall hanger with no parts. $25
    Hook, NOS but if I remember right there's some slight damage. $200
    Sharkey's Shootout, NOS. $250
    WoZ, NOS. $300
    Judge Dredd, used with no parts, wall hanger or restore. $100
    Victory lower playfield ( I still need to verify that's what game this goes to.) NOS, $200
    Funhouse, Gene Cunningham test sample playfield with none of the inserts cut. Great all hanger and conversation piece. $200
    And last I have a used Seawitch playfield here that was supposed to go to someone during my party last November. Let me know who owns it and we'll get it figured out what to do with it.
    Thanks
    John

#767 13 days ago
    Quoted from aldo:

Selling my restored and clear coated Superman playfield. Spared no expense to have this playfield restored by the one of the best in the Business HSA Pinball. I was planning on having a playfield swap done on my Superman, but it's not going to happen. Check out the pictures on HSA it was their top rated playfield for December. Here is the link. You will not find a better looking Superman playfield anywhere.
    Thanks
    http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa092716supermans2al.html

Price lowered $1950

#768 13 days ago

Who has a link to distributor selling seconds quality Stern playfields? They had Stern's games in production and some older playfields too.

#769 12 days ago

There was a nos IJ on ebay this summer, it sold for 1400 and I missed it, then the buyer contacted me, I think he sold it to me for 2000. I sold it for 2400 plus my clear process. I also have 6 used pf;s that I have been buying when they come up to restore. IJ is one of the most timely pf's to restore, bacause all of th einserts need to be leveled and painted, and there is ghostin, and the yellow area at the top has a difficuly transition in to orange, and just from removing the parts and screws, that area needs to be painted. At least for me. I make the pf right as it stands, not what it looks like with all the parts installed, at the right angle. I realize this is not for everybody, but it is the only want I can enjoy my job, so it is my way.
    so there is some info for you guys about prices. it changes hands and no one was overly greedy. It was nice for me to make a profit on a pf for once. I will sell 3 and make 500 profit (3 diffrent sales over 3 months) but in that time I got burned on 2 pf's for a loss of 850 when it was said and done. so in that 3 month time I lost 350. It is very rare to come across something like a IJ, and you better have 2 grand cash laying around. if you ask for pics and try to negoiate, someone else will buy it from under you.
    I went to go buy 6 nos pf's this month, and after 280 mile drive there one was used (cleared with a spray can). Still had to pay full price because people were calling while I was in route trying to bogart the deal offering big money for one of them. 4 of the pf's are titles that may take me 10 years to sell. 2 of them I have never had a request for. ANYWAY pf's are mimicking what happened to games 2 years ago. people are selling for whatever the highest sale they have sen or heard about plus. It may not be drilled and dimpled, it may be used and cleared with a rattle can, you may have to buy 4 duds to get a good one, and you may get screwed proper.
    So I am just saying it is worth it to pay a little extra to someone who has a reputation. some people could care less if their rep is tarnished, and even with pics, you dont know what you are going to get until you open the box. It is to th epoint now that I expect to get burned so I open the box at the end of the day. Dont get buck feaver, ask lots of questions and for pics, and have patience!!!

I guess I have been holes up for too long here at the compound, alone. I need to write a public service anouncement

#770 12 days ago

I suppose I will reply to a post up top. A seasoned pf swapper can do a pf that has not been drilled and dimpled, but if you are like me and it takes 2 to 3 full weekends, it will save you possibly the entire project from getting pitched to have the pf drilled and dimpled.
    I have been making templates on 1/4 inch plexi which is about 55 a sheet and I need 2 for each title. I just did TAF and there were over 280 dimples on the back alone!!! I also drill th epop bumper holes for example, and I do the countersink on them and the pf side rails. price depends on if I have the template made or not, so it is between 200-250.
    I just wanted people to know that service is available.
    cheers, kruz.
    lastly I have a thread titled jan list of nos pf's available and it gets updated. its easy to find, if you cant just contact me and I will help.

#771 9 days ago

Looking for a WoZ munchkin pf, non populated for a decent price

#772 9 days ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looking for a WoZ munchkin pf, non populated for a decent price

Available directly from JJP for $150. In stock. I just ordered one yesterday.

#773 7 days ago

I am considering letting go of a few minty nos Stern playfield's. LOTR, POTC and a TSPP that has a Bill Davis clear coat on upper and lower pf's. Looking for local sale first but if no interest locally might be willing to ship but would rather you see what you are getting in person. Make a reasonable offer if interested.

#774 6 days ago

Every time i return to this thread, i mentally bet myself that the last post will have asked for a flash gordon playfield.

#775 6 days ago

Looking for a Williams oxo playfield...almost anything would be better than what I have. And no, I don't need any Flash Gordon stuff.

#776 6 days ago
    Quoted from bbriese:

Looking for a Williams oxo playfield...almost anything would be better than what I have. And no, I don't need any Flash Gordon stuff.

PM sent.

John

#777 5 days ago

Still looking for a nos TWD LE playfield.
    Thanks for offer

#778 5 days ago

Looking for a CFTBL or BTTF playfield that is a good restoration candidate. I want to try my hand at restoration and a couple of custom ideas. Don't want a totally ragged out pf, but I don't need a minty, cc'd one either.

#779 5 days ago

+1 on BTTF

#780 2 days ago

Would someone be able to post a picture of how they store playfields while waiting for the clearcoat to finish curing, or just storage in general? I've read about attaching rails and stuff like that to prevent warping, but I'm not getting the full picture in my head. Thanks in advance.

#782 2 days ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

Would someone be able to post a picture of how they store playfields while waiting for the clearcoat to finish curing, or just storage in general? I've read about attaching rails and stuff like that to prevent warping, but I'm not getting the full picture in my head. Thanks in advance.

Put the rails on the back and hang it anywhere warm to fully cure.

#783 2 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Hasn't anyone put them under heat lamps to cure?

#784 2 days ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Hasn't anyone put them under heat lamps to cure?

Some clears can be put under IR lamps and some under UV lamps.

Read your data sheet before doing!

#785 2 days ago

What's cool about the UV cure stuff is that it 100% cures in 10 seconds under the lamps, so it's hard before any dust can fall into it.

#786 2 days ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

I just put them on the top of my gameroom, it is airconditioned and the air is dry.
    Some playfields are on rails, others in a slide-system. Looks pretty good with some colorchanging LEDs under it, well stored for years.

P1090387 (resized).JPG

P1090393 (resized).JPG

P1090398 (resized).JPG

#787 2 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Thanks everyone. So it looks like "rails" are just a couple of 1x3's (aka a 19x64 mm for TomDK )?

#788 2 days ago

You can use the original rails from the front of the playfield, or you can cut new ones.

1x3" lumber is too crooked and crappy.

Rip some 3/4" plywood on the tablesaw in 2" widths. Screw them down ON EDGE. That will keep the playfield flat.

#789 2 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

...so it's hard before any dust can fall into it.

That's what she said Vid!

#790 2 days ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

I just put them on the top of my gameroom, it is airconditioned and the air is dry.
    Some playfields are on rails, others in a slide-system. Looks pretty good with some colorchanging LEDs under it, well stored for years.

They are nos or for restore?

#791 1 day ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

PM sent.

#792 1 day ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

They are nos or for restore?

Completely mixed

Some are NOS, T2 and all the Alvin G.s
    Some are repros, some are for restoration, some are already restored. I restore and coar them as I have time. Most are just for decoration or swap. Some are backup for my own machines ... for bad days

#793 1 day ago

Anyone know of a TRON LE playfield? Thanks

#794 1 day ago

I have a Flash Gordon CPR not for sale but might trade for a Addams family

#795 23 hours ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

Completely mixed
    Some are repros, some are for restoration, some are already restored. I restore and coar them as I have time. Most are just for decoration or swap. Some are backup for my own machines ... for bad days

Do you ever sell any that you have? Any chance you have BTTF in there anywhere?

#796 20 hours ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

Completely mixed

Ok.
    If you get a nos TWD Le for sale, I would be happy to buy it!

#797 20 hours ago

Ok.

Are the LE playfields the same as the Premium? Or are you specially looking for an LE with signatures.

#798 20 hours ago

Ok.

Are these not available direct from Stern?

#799 19 hours ago
    Quoted from JonM:

Are the LE playfields the same as the Premium? Or are you specially looking for an LE with signatures.

I have #143 and I would like a LE playfield with signs.

#800 19 hours ago
    Quoted from Radius118:

Are these not available direct from Stern?

No. Need to ask distributors or collectors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 369.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 46.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.50
    $ 160.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.50
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Plating and More
    $ 79.99
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 6.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    There are 803 posts in topic. You are on page 16 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.