(Topic ID: 38)

NOS playfield parts

By JBScar

15 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 15 years ago

Is there really such a thing now adays?? Most of the plastics/ramps and decals are all reproduced. I think someone needs to get into the business of just strickly reproducing ramps and plastics for every machine. All of us who collect and restore, (probably the only people giving life to older machines) need and want these items for our machines, to make them look and play better. The very few that go on ebay every once in a while, you basically need to sell a brick of gold to purchase them. The ramps are the really pricey ones. Someone in PVC production could easily make some kind of mould and produce these ramps, still making a profit. Would rather pay a respectible 50-60-70 bucks for a ramp rather than 100-200-300? Know what I mean?

#2 15 years ago

Great idea... I've paid 10 bucks on a set of three drop target stickers. Who knows, it could be quite lucrative!

#3 15 years ago

The problem is that the rights for reproducing parts rests with two companies (as for Williams games) and while they're sitting on their big piles of patents not much is being reproduced. Apart from that, the production numbers are pretty low. How many Scared Stiff ramps can you sell? Things only come cheap when their made in large numbers. It all seems very lucrative, but I'm not sure if it really is. Please do correct me if I'm wrong about this.

#4 15 years ago

You're probably right... the cost of production on a mass scale, and not having a great demand can be a major problem. Ok.. I'm with you, we can scrap the idea!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfield-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.