8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

In the last couple years I have been trying to provide stuff for people who are having me clear their pf, to make the install more sucessfull/easier. For example, I sell diamond dremmil bits which are prob the most helpful tool when Installing a cleared pf (they remove the clear not the wood) so places like pop bumper nails you can remove the clear. Not only for it to sit flush, but also so the fin under the head of the nail screw will not cause a crack in the clear. I also offer, removable mylar, professional waxes and glazes, as well as 3 inch buffer kits for your drill.
    But here is my next helpful service:

Lately so many jobs come to me and they are not dimpled. Not only does this add a lot of time to the pf swap, but it is much better done before the clearcoat.. I have done about 15 titles since the new year, but since I keep such a large stock of new pf's, I can make dimple templates for about 150 titles right now.

I have only mentioned this service to customers who buy or send me pf's to work on, that are not dimpled, so I want to let everyone know. Even if you do not want the pf cleared, I can dimple it for you. It will not only save you a huge amount of time (I can only guess), but it will lower the chance of making a mistake. here is a trivia fact for you. It is very common for the back of a pf to have over 200 dimples, and the front averages 100. That would be a lot of measurements!! I make reusable templates of 1/4 inch plexi (which I didnt realize was so expensive). I charge between 150 and 225 for both sides. I can drill the pop bumper holes and other large holes with the drill press.

So there you go. something to keep in the back of your mind, in case you ever need it.

I will see everyone at PATZ. cheers, ron kruzman

#2 8 years ago

Sir Kruzman has my FT prototype playfield atm and I was so glad to hear that he would drill/dimple it for me. Hoping to get it back around mid June. Ill post pics for sure (cant wait!)

#3 8 years ago

What I like about that pf is it has one insert that is different, and that will be enough to keep it a one of a kind.
    I am talking about the FT proto.

#4 8 years ago

As much as I would love to take advantage of this service, when I finally get a WCS and slip in the prototype field - because it's a proto field, there are some differences that.. I'm not sure you could use another WCS field as a guide.

#5 8 years ago

Ron, I am looking for a couple of pieces of Adhesive Mylar, 3 pop rings and a piece probably 2" x 5". If you do I could buy from you at PATZ. I just don't want to place an order for that and have 8.00 shipping.

#6 8 years ago

I have five pop ring mylars that I don't need. $1 each. Plus you can buy small sheets of mylar at most hobby or craft stores. I keep them locked up at the show since there sooo....valuable. You'll have to ask me for them so keep it on the down low and don't tell anyone here.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I have five pop ring mylars that I don't need. $1 each. Plus you can buy small sheets of mylar at most hobby or craft stores. I keep them locked up at the show since there sooo....valuable. You'll have to ask me for them so keep it on the down low and don't tell anyone here.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

Thanks John, i'll get with you on thursday at the show...

#8 8 years ago

Can you do my Earthshaker pf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfield-drill-and-dimple-service and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.