20180401_184133 (resized).jpg
20180401_184142 (resized).jpg
20180401_184157 (resized).jpg
20180401_184215 (resized).jpg
20180401_184223 (resized).jpg
20180401_184229 (resized).jpg
20180401_184233 (resized).jpg
20180401_184338 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#4 6 years ago

The post I sent was suppose to be a private mail, I dont want to bogart the sale by making it sound like it is a lot of work. It is a huge amount of work. paragon is a game that is very rewarding to restore for yourself, but it cost so much to fix up the pf that you cant make money. if you are not interested in the money, then you are the type of person I like to work with. I am doing 2 of them right now, and I just finished the one, and it took a year because it was in the get to it when I have time pile.
here is a list of what it takes besides the obvious repair of the art. dont forget the laquer has to get sanded to the ink, so if it is cracking, it sands off art, so it looks much worse before better.
Those inserts all need to be reglued. I am guessing 1/3 are sort of loose. all have cracks around them, and many time I have to make the black key lines thicker because the thin ones are not lined up.
if the inserts have art on them or script, I level with coats of clear and sand. that takes many coats and time, because you dont want to do thick coats.

Remember when you do good work touch up looks like touch up. so if there is a crack or scrape I have to paint that area of that color after matching the color. so I would paint all of the color touching the scrape that is touching. each color has its edges formed by other colors. sometimes I have to paint a big area just because of a little spot. On the one that I just finished I had to drill and dimple, but besides that, the clear and all of the other work including a shipping crate and shipping was about 1200 I think. its looks amazing and it is going to be and play amazing, but it took a long time and cost a lot. The way I perfer to do jobs like this is buy it my self and keep the names of people interested and when it is done and I know what it cost contact them and allow them to buy if they want it. I wouldnt mind buying this one for that very reason. I dont know about making repros of this title because of the size. but who knows.
If I dont buy it, I will offer to post on my thread about it, to help the seller.

here is a link to my thread that I keep open and it is an open fourm about pf's
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-as-of-june-5

I hope the seller is not mad for bogarting the thread, I will delete if you want me to just contact me.
cheers, ron kruzman

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-paragon-playfield?tu=kruzman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.