20180401_184133 (resized).jpg
20180401_184142 (resized).jpg
20180401_184157 (resized).jpg
20180401_184215 (resized).jpg
20180401_184223 (resized).jpg
20180401_184229 (resized).jpg
20180401_184233 (resized).jpg
20180401_184338 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

NOS Paragon Playfield

Added: 2018-04-01 23:35:36 UTC • Ended: April 5th, 2018
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 650 (OBO)

Open for offers

Bought this to hang up in my game room but it's so nice it might be put to better use in someone's game. Playfield is new old stock. Not perfect but extremely nice. Around the P and left sling are the only major spots I can see. Again it's not perfect but super nice! Please see pictures and contact me with any questions.

Not sure where to price this at. If anyone has any pricing advice let me know and I'll post price. Open to offers

Thank you for looking.

Item photos

20180401_184338 (resized).jpg
20180401_184233 (resized).jpg
20180401_184229 (resized).jpg
20180401_184223 (resized).jpg
20180401_184157 (resized).jpg
20180401_184142 (resized).jpg
20180401_184133 (resized).jpg
20180401_184138 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are McPin54's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to McPin54's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Massillon, OH, US

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Hi, my name is ron kruzman. I clear and restore pf's for a living, and collect them. I am doing 2 nos paragons that are pretty close to yours. both of them I sold to someone who put them on ebay and sold them for a profit and the buyers both brought them to me to get fixed up and cleared. funny circle.
paragons are a lot of work to make good enough to install, meaning they arent a game you can restore properly and make money at. all of the inserts have to be reglued because if one is loose they all all going to be loose soon, the cracks around the inserts leveling the inserts painting the dang dracked wood as well as scratches. and the best part, paragon is huge! running a polisher for 6-8 hours on it is a nightmare.
so anyway I am doing the 2 for customers. I have a thread on pinside that I keep running all of the time and its open to anything pf. I would like to buy your pf if we could work out a deal, but if I dont, I dont mind mentioning your pf and a link to help the sale. I have about 30 people that watch my thread. maybe 45 I really dont know any more.
By any chance do you plan to go to the kalamazoo show? I think it is the 4 wekend in april. its an awesome show. much better than the ohio, which I go to both.
anyway here is my thread. I have to restart it every 2 months and this one is new, you can check out th eold ones that are entertaining. cheers, ron kruzman
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-for-april#post-4309011

Ron, what would you do to this if you were to purchase for use as a playfield? Looks like the inserts are a bit cupped, and would need leveling, also the worn areas needing touchup. I would be very interested.

#4 6 years ago

The post I sent was suppose to be a private mail, I dont want to bogart the sale by making it sound like it is a lot of work. It is a huge amount of work. paragon is a game that is very rewarding to restore for yourself, but it cost so much to fix up the pf that you cant make money. if you are not interested in the money, then you are the type of person I like to work with. I am doing 2 of them right now, and I just finished the one, and it took a year because it was in the get to it when I have time pile.
here is a list of what it takes besides the obvious repair of the art. dont forget the laquer has to get sanded to the ink, so if it is cracking, it sands off art, so it looks much worse before better.
Those inserts all need to be reglued. I am guessing 1/3 are sort of loose. all have cracks around them, and many time I have to make the black key lines thicker because the thin ones are not lined up.
if the inserts have art on them or script, I level with coats of clear and sand. that takes many coats and time, because you dont want to do thick coats.

Remember when you do good work touch up looks like touch up. so if there is a crack or scrape I have to paint that area of that color after matching the color. so I would paint all of the color touching the scrape that is touching. each color has its edges formed by other colors. sometimes I have to paint a big area just because of a little spot. On the one that I just finished I had to drill and dimple, but besides that, the clear and all of the other work including a shipping crate and shipping was about 1200 I think. its looks amazing and it is going to be and play amazing, but it took a long time and cost a lot. The way I perfer to do jobs like this is buy it my self and keep the names of people interested and when it is done and I know what it cost contact them and allow them to buy if they want it. I wouldnt mind buying this one for that very reason. I dont know about making repros of this title because of the size. but who knows.
If I dont buy it, I will offer to post on my thread about it, to help the seller.

here is a link to my thread that I keep open and it is an open fourm about pf's
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-as-of-june-5

I hope the seller is not mad for bogarting the thread, I will delete if you want me to just contact me.
cheers, ron kruzman

#5 6 years ago

I received a lot of PM's on this playfield. I am waiting to hear back from a fellow pinsider to get a quote on touch up and clearcoating. I believe I've gotten back to everyone that has pin mailed me. If this deal falls through I'll post on the thread and let everyone know. Too many people interested , so If and when I post I'll take first reasonable offer.

Thank you

#6 6 years ago

I think it would be hard to find an original this nice.

#7 6 years ago

I had one found about 10 years ago. Very nice, but had a crack from the top veneer near top arch. It must of been rejected, & didn't receive clear coat at the factory. Light lenses were tight, & got clear coated before install.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-paragon-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.