giphy_2.gif
HighSpeedThreadNuke.gif
I know what I got (resized).jpg
Naws.gif
d8c (resized).png
bulvine (resized).png
new_dude2 (resized).jpg
mpj.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#162 2 years ago
hairline-spray.gifhairline-spray.gif
#443 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I hate to poopoo on someone, but MoparJoe has dug himself a deep hole. His Pecos Bill and Paul Bunyan story has made this game nearly valueless. I truly believe if the OP had told the true story, it would’ve actually added value to this game. Provenance, when it can be proven, is amazing. Though the pics could be conceiving, this game doesn’t appear to have ever been on route. There’s probably no such thing as a HUO High Speed. This example is probably the closest thing to HUO/non routed as we’ll ever see. I think it sat in the warehouse of one of my contemporaries for the past 35 years. While I do think it’s been played, the plays are minimal. Certainly 10,000 (if not thousands more) less then the next lowest total plays HS.
Here’s something to think about when the OP said Willy shipped the original owner a replacement and told them to keep this damaged example:
In 1986, HS was a commodity. It earned. It REALLY earned! Williams couldn’t build them fast enough. It was one of the pieces of coin-op equipment where operators paid distributors not to sell it to their competitors, or paid a premium on top of the sale price to get it first. This practice was most common with arcades such as MsPac, STF2, MK etc, but it sometimes happened with pins. HS was on the short list of the pins (along with T2 and TAF.) So Williams wouldn’t have just given the guy a new game and said keep the old one. The old one would’ve gone back to the distributor and sold at a slight (~$250) discount, or just had the invoice adjusted to reflect the cost of the damage. No operator in 1986 would’ve cared about the cabinet damage. They would’ve bought the HS that’s $250 less all day long. We’re tight and greedy and all about the initial cash grab and continued cash flow rather than resale value. Perfect example of this is Atari Star Wars. I can remember taking them to the dump when I was a kid because dad couldn’t keep them running and they made nothing. He couldn’t sell them for anywhere close to what they cost (I want to say they were like $3900, where as a HS was probably around $1600), so they got destroyed.
In hindsight, now we should watch ebay for either the same story from the OP, or for something closer to the real truth as I’ve suggested and speculated to.
I love HS. I always have. It was probably more important to Williams than any other game outside of Addams or Space Shuttle, because of the cash flow that kept the line moving and cash flow positive. I would have so much more enjoyed a post of the real story of this game and how Joe got it rather than his MacBeth-like vaulting ambition and the subsequent Terrell Owens Shit Show which has ensured. And for what it’s worth, I love the shit shows. They help take the edge off the daily grind as much as any controlled substance.

Here’s a HUO High Speed

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/127259

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I bought this machine from a dying old man, that had no reason to lie to me about any of the stuff he had, and EVERY single thing he said matched up perfectly with what I saw/found, with no discrepancies.” MoparJoe

I can see it now. MoparJoe huddled over this old man on his death bed. He keeps getting pulled closer to his lips as he whispers details about the machine in his ear in between coughs and gasps for air.

317DB6C4-9C7E-4E52-ACE1-141287842ED3 (resized).jpeg317DB6C4-9C7E-4E52-ACE1-141287842ED3 (resized).jpeg
#522 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.53.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.53.46 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.55.58 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.55.58 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.55.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.55.36 AM (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-high-speed-pinball-machine-time-capsule-piece-of-history?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.