HighSpeedThreadNuke.gif
I know what I got (resized).jpg
Naws.gif
d8c (resized).png
bulvine (resized).png
new_dude2 (resized).jpg
mpj.gif

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 2 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

NOS HIGH SPEED pinball machine-Time Capsule piece of history

Featured Ad

Added: 2022-01-07 05:53:42 UTC
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

7 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

#2 2 years ago

battery corrosion on cpu.

#3 2 years ago

Virgin playfield looks very nice. That protective rail coating is going to be a PITA to get off. Also there is alkaline damage to the battery holder, can't see if it spread to the board itself though.

#4 2 years ago

I'm sure this had something to do with the cpu being removed

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-to-buy-a-cpr-hs-playfield

#5 2 years ago
cocaine-cocaines-a-hell-of-a-drug (resized).pngcocaine-cocaines-a-hell-of-a-drug (resized).png
#6 2 years ago

Why the heck would you paint the legs black, if its never even been powered on or had a single ball run through it? I know the ad says a new set will be included, but why paint the originals in the first place?? Why?
Personally, I'd rather buy a players condition for a few G's, let HEP have his way with it, and still come out cheaper than this.

#7 2 years ago

Um... what?

#8 2 years ago

I think this listing set a record for most parenthesizes.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I'm sure this had something to do with the cpu being removed
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-to-buy-a-cpr-hs-playfield

WRONG!...7 years ago...I bought an NOS playfield for one of the other THREE High Speed games I have! I still have the NOS playfield, and never did anything with it!...What does this 7 year old post have to do with this pinball machine anyway????

There is NO battery acid damage to the CPU board!...The (one) battery had BARELY started leaking, and they were removed.

And No, the protective film will not be a PITA to remove; it is flaking off when even touched.

I painted the legs black because they were not perfect (light surface rust because they were not stored in his office with the machine), and I knew I would buy new ones for this machine...I wasn't planning on ever selling it, so it didn't matter at the time.

#10 2 years ago

"I have purchased an NOS back glass to complete this time capsule, and it will be included with the machine"
"I am hoping to see this go to a collector that wants the "Holy Grail" of the '80's pinball machines"
"I will NOT be turning this machine on for any reason, as it is only new once, and I don't want to hear anyone saying that as soon a ball gets run through it, it's a used machine"
" I am including a brand new set of legs also with the sale, still in the box....All hardware is original, and in NEW condition"

"The CPU board was removed at some point, to test a problem with his other High Speed machine, and then it was carefully wrapped, and set inside the cabinet for all these decades"
"...as you can see in the pic, and unmolested in every way!"

Robert Downey Jr eyeroll.gifRobert Downey Jr eyeroll.gif
#11 2 years ago

Maybe you should take you’re “strong” offer then. Nobody in their right mines is paying anything near what you’re asking.

#12 2 years ago

The condition doesn't justify the price.

It is not collector quality

#13 2 years ago

I’d buy a HEP High Speed any day over this.

#14 2 years ago

To be fair, his asking price is about $30k less than the NOS AF that came up a while back.

I think if this one had more mildew and water damage it could easily be $40k.

#15 2 years ago

For some reason I can only hear this ad in Dan Aykroyd's "BassOMatic2000" voice....

#16 2 years ago

Absurd.

#17 2 years ago

I'm so glad this is here to keep me entertained on a snow day

#18 2 years ago

Better to buy a used one at arount 2/3000 ich, swap a NOS playfield and replace pretty much everything including boards, it would still be more interesting

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I’d buy a HEP High Speed any day over this.

But a HEP one would already be assembled and you wouldn't have to buy new legs...you're just being lazy...pay this man!!!!

#20 2 years ago

Flame suite equipped!!!

First, I want to say that this is a very nice High Speed! This things is truly awesome!

But if I were you and I wanted to get this kind of serious coin out of this game. I would fix it and set it up to be played... The game needs totally gone thru to be able to play it! It was manufactured in 1986. I bet those original rubbers will play fantastic! The MPU yes looks nice... but no one in there right mind is going to just slap some batteries in the corroded battery holder on there 20k game? Maybe....someone does this? That holder needs removed to see if there is damage underneath it.

Personally... set it up on the factory legs.
Repair damage to MPU and install NVRam
Tear down clean wax and re ring the playfield
Put enough games on it to dial it in.
Sell to highest bidder

#21 2 years ago

20k and it won’t be turned on so buyer doesn’t even know if it works.

#22 2 years ago

Woohooo my HS2 has now doubled in value...
Betting OP paid less than 3 k for this

#23 2 years ago

Yeah, I agree. The way this thing sits now its a project game. Fix it all up and make it as nice as possible then try to sell it.

#24 2 years ago

Shouldn't have opened it.
Too late now

Joe Zenk? Is this you?

#25 2 years ago

For $20k we can get a game that may or may not play, with a chewed up backbox? Neat.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Shouldn't have opened it.
Too late now
Joe Zenk? Is this you?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#28 2 years ago

I noticed no one has pointed out the "OBO" yet, lol

500 bucks!

#29 2 years ago

I hate to pile on, but when I saw the ad I expected it to still be in the box. The fact that it's been taken out, at least partially assembled, and had stuff done to it, means it's not really NOS.

Nice try. I can see what you are going for, but just because it sat unplayed for 35 years, doesn't actually make it NOS. The only way some rich guy would maybe pay such big money for a game like this, is if they could actually get the fun of unboxing a relic. In this case, that fun has all ready happened. So what you have now is a nice condition HS, with really low plays. But it still has a chipped backbox and would need the new owner to put time in fixing it up.

See the problems when you think a little harder about it? Good luck though. Would make a great foundation for a HEP restore.

#31 2 years ago

:doh:OMG, best NOS there is, with the most excuses it isn't. LMAO.

#32 2 years ago

It'd be like buying and original 1986 car of your choice that's never been run. Leaking seals, dried out rubber and cracked plastics etc. Would be better if it had been used and maintained. 20k is a pipe dream...puff puff pass

#33 2 years ago

Deals are getting better and better on pinside these days

#34 2 years ago

I see wear on the Yellow post rubber from ball
I think all the rubbers have been changed and this game was played
Rubber that old would have shrank and crumbled by now, no?

Plastic protectors on legs? Why would someone do this if they were not playing it?
This story smells like Bull Shit to me.

Needs a new head made, and then paint and stencils obviously. Stored poorly. BOO!!!
bull shit (resized).pngbull shit (resized).pngleg protectors (resized).pngleg protectors (resized).png

#35 2 years ago

Take your strong offer and leave please.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Plastic protectors on legs? Why would someone do this if they were not playing it?
Needs a new head made, and then paint and stencils obviously. Stored poorly. BOO!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to see him come in here and justify this! Nice catch.

#37 2 years ago

here is a better deal:
buy this one at 2,400, buy for 2600 dollars of NOS PF and parts, and then save 15,000 bucks for wife and family to visit Disneyland and buy a new car.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125571

#38 2 years ago

This has to be Joe Zenk.

Am I correct?

What do i win for guessing today's mystery challenge?

a new car (resized).jpga new car (resized).jpg
#39 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

here is a better deal:
buy this one at 2,400, buy for 2600 dollars of NOS PF and parts, and then save 15,000 bucks for wife and family to visit Disneyland and buy a new car.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125571

New cabinet from Kirk Weaver for $850
Stencils. Few other parts. BOOM! New High Speed.

#40 2 years ago

NOS - not exactly
HIGH SPEED pinball machine - ok, that part is accurate
Time Capsule - not really
piece of history - nope

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Aren’t the stickers on the top of the back box and under the coin door tax stickers? Would those come from the factory on a NIB? Between that and the wear on the post/rubber condition I am thinking the OP got duped into buying this and is trying to pass it along. Or OP is an asshole trying to dupe someone else.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Aren’t the stickers on the top of the back box and under the coin door tax stickers? Would those come from the factory on a NIB? Between that and the wear on the post/rubber condition I am thinking the OP got duped into buying this and is trying to pass it along. Or OP is an asshole trying to dupe someone else.

All I see are warning and inspection stickers. No tax stickers.

#43 2 years ago

Definitely looks like it's never ever been played....

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 6.42.30 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-07 at 6.42.30 AM (resized).png
#44 2 years ago

Cpu was taken out because he had a problem ? how would he know there was a problem unless the game was played ?

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:20k and it won’t be turned on so buyer doesn’t even know if it works.

Lol. Exactly. "I refust to power it on because it's only new once". Biggest line of horse shit I've ever read on Pinside.

#46 2 years ago

I'm just not sure how someone can be in this hobby, been a Pinside member this long, and then ask that price for that pin.

Yeah, been back on this site just a few days after many years and nothing has changed

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Cpu was taken out because he had a problem ? how would he know there was a problem unless the game was played ?

Quoted from MOPARJOE:

The CPU board was removed at some point, to test a problem with his other High Speed machine, and then it was carefully wrapped, and set inside the cabinet for all these decades

#48 2 years ago

"MINTY-MINT!"

#49 2 years ago

If someone offered you $7k+ I would take it.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

All I see are warning and inspection stickers. No tax stickers.

Derp, I’m an idiot. Carry on haha

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-high-speed-pinball-machine-time-capsule-piece-of-history?hl=dewman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.