HighSpeedThreadNuke.gif
I know what I got (resized).jpg
Naws.gif
d8c (resized).png
bulvine (resized).png
new_dude2 (resized).jpg
mpj.gif

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 2 years ago
B3A6114B-0633-4E5F-A46D-2DBCF9F8AB23 (resized).jpegB3A6114B-0633-4E5F-A46D-2DBCF9F8AB23 (resized).jpeg
#403 2 years ago

13 grand to Utah?! As in a stone's throw from Vegas? Boy the Noveau Riche sure know how to spend their winnings!

Taking all bets: When will we see this next?

Shasta (resized).jpgShasta (resized).jpg
#404 2 years ago

Funny he told me when I called Joe Zenk yesterday I could have it at 9500. Someone must have stepped their game up

#405 2 years ago

Now he can afford to replace that carpet, unless he needs the money to bury his wife again.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Now he can afford to replace that carpet, unless he needs the money to bury his wife again.

Haha.. so true on the wife

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Haha.. so true on the wife

And the nasty as fuck carpet. Maybe he can just roll her old bones up in that rats nest of a floor cover, pitch em' both out to the curb and kill 2 birds with 1 stone?
Too much???

Screenshot_20220109-130336_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220109-130336_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#408 2 years ago

Classic. I'm sure the police will get right on that.......

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

And the nasty as fuck carpet. Maybe he can just roll her old bones up in that rats nest of a floor cover, pitch em' both out to the curb and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Too much???

Around here, you have to wrap it in plastic too or they won't pick it up. Just sayin...

#410 2 years ago

I'm sure the police will get right on that.......

A4E16285-7832-40F0-A6B2-243C510BDDE8 (resized).jpegA4E16285-7832-40F0-A6B2-243C510BDDE8 (resized).jpeg
#411 2 years ago

I have favourited this topic. I have also brought popcorn…

For the benefit of the OP, I am not jealous of your unlikely-to-work-and-needs-a-full-service-because-it’s-sat-there-undergoing-entropy-without-maintenance High Speed. First, because I don’t particularly enjoy HS, and second because I have a working FT, a great condition LoTR and a Godzilla on order.

Also, I know from my mum, who is a huge hoarder of unused vintage electrical equipment incase she ‘needs it’ one day - when you come to switch on vintage NIB electricals, in a high percentage of cases… they don’t work.

Genuinely, I don’t see why anyone would want to pay $20k, or even $9k, for what is effectively a project pin. But, hey, in the big wide world… there be idiots.

Entropy - it happens to be best of us.

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

I have favourited this topic. I have also brought popcorn…
For the benefit of the OP, I am not jealous of your unlikely-to-work-and-needs-a-full-service-because-it’s-sat-there-undergoing-entropy-without-maintenance High Speed. First, because I don’t particularly enjoy HS, and second because I have a working FT, a great condition LoTR and a Godzilla on order.
Also, I know from my mum, who is a huge hoarder of unused vintage electrical equipment incase she ‘needs it’ one day - when you come to switch on vintage NIB electricals, in a high percentage of cases… they don’t work.
Genuinely, I don’t see why anyone would want to pay $20k, or even $9k, for what is effectively a project pin. But, hey, in the big wide world… there be idiots.
IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

Well next time your mum asks you to turn an appliance on, you can give her this awesome curated OP excuse
"I will NOT be turning this machine on for any reason, as it is only new once"

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Well next time your mum asks you to turn an appliance on, you can give her this awesome curated OP excuse
"I will NOT be turning this machine on for any reason, as it is only new once"

Sage advice.

#414 2 years ago

ibtl

#415 2 years ago

Is this still available?

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:

I couldn’t resist. Had to text him one more time.
[quoted image]

bahahahah!

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

13 grand to Utah?!

Me thinks Ol' Joe is blowing smoke but if by chance someone who lives near me paid anywhere near that, I'm knocking on his door, pulling a "Nelson" then getting in my car and driving away.

1957D691-4E42-4350-9718-0EA4C453812C_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg1957D691-4E42-4350-9718-0EA4C453812C_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

Word of the day.

#419 2 years ago

This blew past 400 comments. Awesome.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Lololololololololol!!!!!!

This came from a moderator, so I don’t think we’re exactly teetering on the precipice of being shut down.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Me thinks Ol' Joe is blowing smoke but if by chance someone who lives near me paid anywhere near that, I'm knocking on his door, pulling a "Nelson" then getting in my car and driving away.
[quoted image]

uh, say what?

Joe Zenk is so dumb, he just sent DeepRoot payment in full for a RAZA, which he’s planning on immediately trading for an imamaculate Baywatch. With no legs.

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:

This came from a moderator, so I don’t think we’re exactly teetering on the precipice of being shut down.

This thread is "best-of" material in my book. I mean, y'all are seriously cracking me up!

#423 2 years ago

Classic. I'm sure the police will get right on that.......
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"33a4997450a910aee1e2839073eb995e6f2db4e7-1641754876-1800"};
//]]>

I’m spending today stripping the back side of one of my playfields so that, when the police come, I can hide in a pinball cabinet.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:

I couldn’t resist. Had to text him one more time.
[quoted image]

.....consider it harrassment. What a bitch.

You dodged a bullet Eric. This Joe Zerk isn't stable

#425 2 years ago

I physically laughed at post #396 when I was scrolling through loooooool

#426 2 years ago

Pretty hilarious. Joe Zenk is pretty bad for this hobby. Been hearing about his BS for years.

Keep up the good work lol

Quoted from Eric_Allen:

I’m spending today stripping the back side of one of my playfields so that, when the police come, I can hide in a pinball cabinet.

#427 2 years ago

We need to know if there is sales tax in Utah so we can properly evaluate if the totally made up $13K we supposedly will be able to buy this from a dealer for is a good deal.

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:

We need to know if there is sales tax in Utah

Varies, but use 7.25%

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Varies, but use 7.25%

Hmm….I think I have to pass then.

#430 2 years ago

The Police is coming!

BC0EB52B-7A70-4BC5-BC0A-EC71598705FA (resized).pngBC0EB52B-7A70-4BC5-BC0A-EC71598705FA (resized).png
#431 2 years ago

Actually, I think I just figured it out:

If we can get this thread to 1000 comments, Steve Ritchie will unmask himself as the OP and reveal that this was all just a joke.

#432 2 years ago

I found moparjoe's mopar

1988-Dodge-Omni-630x390 (resized).jpg1988-Dodge-Omni-630x390 (resized).jpg
#433 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I found moparjoe's mopar
[quoted image]

Mopar means "More Power" not "Mope Power"!

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I found moparjoe's mopar
[quoted image]

Is that a NOS Omni?

#435 2 years ago

MOPAR by Joe

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 12.42.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 12.42.11 PM (resized).png
#436 2 years ago

Man, this has been an entertaining thread!

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is that a NOS Omni?

It's for sale, only $20,000. It's brand new, never driven, stored indoors in a climate controlled garage, perfect in every way. BUT, you can't open the door, sit in it, start it, test drive it, etc... Cause it's ONLY NEW ONCE!!

#438 2 years ago

I hate to poopoo on someone, but MoparJoe has dug himself a deep hole. His Pecos Bill and Paul Bunyan story has made this game nearly valueless. I truly believe if the OP had told the true story, it would’ve actually added value to this game. Provenance, when it can be proven, is amazing. Though the pics could be conceiving, this game doesn’t appear to have ever been on route. There’s probably no such thing as a HUO High Speed. This example is probably the closest thing to HUO/non routed as we’ll ever see. I think it sat in the warehouse of one of my contemporaries for the past 35 years. While I do think it’s been played, the plays are minimal. Certainly 10,000 (if not thousands more) less then the next lowest total plays HS.

Here’s something to think about when the OP said Willy shipped the original owner a replacement and told them to keep this damaged example:

In 1986, HS was a commodity. It earned. It REALLY earned! Williams couldn’t build them fast enough. It was one of the pieces of coin-op equipment where operators paid distributors not to sell it to their competitors, or paid a premium on top of the sale price to get it first. This practice was most common with arcades such as MsPac, STF2, MK etc, but it sometimes happened with pins. HS was on the short list of the pins (along with T2 and TAF.) So Williams wouldn’t have just given the guy a new game and said keep the old one. The old one would’ve gone back to the distributor and sold at a slight (~$250) discount, or just had the invoice adjusted to reflect the cost of the damage. No operator in 1986 would’ve cared about the cabinet damage. They would’ve bought the HS that’s $250 less all day long. We’re tight and greedy and all about the initial cash grab and continued cash flow rather than resale value. Perfect example of this is Atari Star Wars. I can remember taking them to the dump when I was a kid because dad couldn’t keep them running and they made nothing. He couldn’t sell them for anywhere close to what they cost (I want to say they were like $3900, where as a HS was probably around $1600), so they got destroyed.

In hindsight, now we should watch ebay for either the same story from the OP, or for something closer to the real truth as I’ve suggested and speculated to.

I love HS. I always have. It was probably more important to Williams than any other game outside of Addams or Space Shuttle, because of the cash flow that kept the line moving and cash flow positive. I would have so much more enjoyed a post of the real story of this game and how Joe got it rather than his MacBeth-like vaulting ambition and the subsequent Terrell Owens Shit Show which has ensured. And for what it’s worth, I love the shit shows. They help take the edge off the daily grind as much as any controlled substance.

#439 2 years ago

If the seller had any kind of decency in him,he'd post at least one more time for everyone following this thread.

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

If the seller had any kind of decency in him,he'd post at least one more time for everyone following this thread.

He's waiting to get to 200 downvotes.

Only 25 to go!

#441 2 years ago

24 now

#442 2 years ago

He's reaching Choogard numbers!

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I hate to poopoo on someone, but MoparJoe has dug himself a deep hole. His Pecos Bill and Paul Bunyan story has made this game nearly valueless. I truly believe if the OP had told the true story, it would’ve actually added value to this game. Provenance, when it can be proven, is amazing. Though the pics could be conceiving, this game doesn’t appear to have ever been on route. There’s probably no such thing as a HUO High Speed. This example is probably the closest thing to HUO/non routed as we’ll ever see. I think it sat in the warehouse of one of my contemporaries for the past 35 years. While I do think it’s been played, the plays are minimal. Certainly 10,000 (if not thousands more) less then the next lowest total plays HS.
Here’s something to think about when the OP said Willy shipped the original owner a replacement and told them to keep this damaged example:
In 1986, HS was a commodity. It earned. It REALLY earned! Williams couldn’t build them fast enough. It was one of the pieces of coin-op equipment where operators paid distributors not to sell it to their competitors, or paid a premium on top of the sale price to get it first. This practice was most common with arcades such as MsPac, STF2, MK etc, but it sometimes happened with pins. HS was on the short list of the pins (along with T2 and TAF.) So Williams wouldn’t have just given the guy a new game and said keep the old one. The old one would’ve gone back to the distributor and sold at a slight (~$250) discount, or just had the invoice adjusted to reflect the cost of the damage. No operator in 1986 would’ve cared about the cabinet damage. They would’ve bought the HS that’s $250 less all day long. We’re tight and greedy and all about the initial cash grab and continued cash flow rather than resale value. Perfect example of this is Atari Star Wars. I can remember taking them to the dump when I was a kid because dad couldn’t keep them running and they made nothing. He couldn’t sell them for anywhere close to what they cost (I want to say they were like $3900, where as a HS was probably around $1600), so they got destroyed.
In hindsight, now we should watch ebay for either the same story from the OP, or for something closer to the real truth as I’ve suggested and speculated to.
I love HS. I always have. It was probably more important to Williams than any other game outside of Addams or Space Shuttle, because of the cash flow that kept the line moving and cash flow positive. I would have so much more enjoyed a post of the real story of this game and how Joe got it rather than his MacBeth-like vaulting ambition and the subsequent Terrell Owens Shit Show which has ensured. And for what it’s worth, I love the shit shows. They help take the edge off the daily grind as much as any controlled substance.

Here’s a HUO High Speed

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/127259

#444 2 years ago

nicer condition too

#445 2 years ago

Made Of Putty And Rust ====MOPAR

#446 2 years ago

That ad got pulled because the poster (who was helping a friend without social media presence sell the machine) said that he has been misled about its status and it was NOT actually HUO

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

He's waiting to get to 200 downvotes.
Only 25 to go!

This has to be a record for downvotes. Is there an achievement award for this?

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

There was actually a 300+ downvote post not long ago. I can't remember who it was, but that's the record.

I'm sure some of the super sleuths on here could find it.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yes. Douche.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

There was actually a 300+ downvote post not long ago. I can't remember who it was, but that's the record.
I'm sure some of the super sleuths on here could find it.

I think Andrew Heighway had close to that once.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-high-speed-pinball-machine-time-capsule-piece-of-history/page/9?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.