HighSpeedThreadNuke.gif
I know what I got (resized).jpg
Naws.gif
d8c (resized).png
bulvine (resized).png
new_dude2 (resized).jpg
mpj.gif

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 2 years ago

Well, yall are morons and I have a dealer friend that has three other dealer friends.

-moparjoe

#152 2 years ago

Why oh why would the OP allow this as a forum topic?

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That was my thought as well...

#154 2 years ago

After this thread it is definitely going to be a piece of pinside history.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Who cares why....free entertainment

#156 2 years ago

The guy switched from 100% upvote to 2.5% in one day after 10 years on Pinside.
World record, who can beat that??
He deserves respect...

#157 2 years ago

This HAS to be Joe Zenk.

Right?

#158 2 years ago

This is the new imamaculate Baywatch thread!!! Finally a second coming!

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

But with painted legs.

#160 2 years ago

Someone tell ImNotNorm we need GIFs stat!!!!

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

How many plays in the past 12 years?
Because it could be non-zero.

The battery damage won't affect his asking price - after all, board work is a bonding experience, and any doofus can neutralize alkali.

Generally a good value for the game, wouldn't be surprised if he bumps up the price to $32,990.

Game is nice and clean though. No dirt. For a small upcharge he'll sell you some.

(I loved that thread and this is too much fun...)

#162 2 years ago
hairline-spray.gifhairline-spray.gif
#163 2 years ago

What is the down vote record? This has to be close. The arrogance of this clown is something. “Greasy fingers” ?!?! Laughable!!

#164 2 years ago

The only thing good about the OP is he’s been on pinside for 10 years and he’s only listed one game so we’ll only have to see this craziness once a decade

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

He deserves respect...

1.9% now. Will be 1.0 by Christmas.

#166 2 years ago

Like others, I can’t see why anyone who knows this forum would take the option to make this a thread. Each successive post by the OP simply spurs myriads of critical posts in response. Maybe the idea is “any publicity is good publicity”?

Like the imamaculate Baywatch thread, this is turning into the thread that just keeps giving.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Like the imamaculate Baywatch thread, this is turning into the thread that just keeps giving.

Since the Pinball Amigos aren't building every Friday anymore, this thread sure has filled up this Friday with humor!

#168 2 years ago

This has to be a one day record for a 9 year run? No?

72BF181F-9D1B-43BC-81D5-5BC61098E0BA (resized).png72BF181F-9D1B-43BC-81D5-5BC61098E0BA (resized).png
#169 2 years ago
Quoted from MOPARJOE:

Yes, that's what they did for their operators, to keep them happy when they made a mistake...He still had the other High Speed when I was there. It was a used/ROUTED High Speed, in pretty nice condition, and it sold for $3600.00...

So…the original purchaser, an operator, got a second machine for free and decided not to route the original machine because it had some cosmetic damage? Wouldn’t an operator still route the second machine?

#170 2 years ago

No kidding on the record downvotes. Two posts in Nine years of lurking, to then cash out with this machine? This has to be someone's duplicate account right?

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

So…the original purchaser, an operator, got a second machine for free and decided not to route the original machine because it had some cosmetic damage? Wouldn’t an operator still route the second machine?

Hell yeah they would. None of it makes sense. $30k by Christmas!

#172 2 years ago

Nothing to add. I just want to get in on this beauty of a thread.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

No kidding on the record downvotes. Two posts in Nine years of lurking, to then cash out with this machine? This has to be someone's duplicate account right?

Either a dupe account or he's really committed to the long game.

Even if the OP is being honest (extremely unlikely) , everything he's said was told to him by someone else. In other words, hearsay.

8D6992CD-825D-4933-8C8A-AFE43A989256_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg8D6992CD-825D-4933-8C8A-AFE43A989256_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
#174 2 years ago

100k by Easter

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

The real question is, where is the topper. I do have one hanging in my garage right now. So who ever buys this game for 20k please feel free to contact me. I have looked at other toppers like GB and walking dead. So I think 2k is a fair price.
Actual picture from my garage taken 3 minutes ago
[quoted image]

The topper is inside the cabinet. It is shown in the pics.

#176 2 years ago

...also, if we were to believe the OP, it was kept in some guy's dry, heated office for 36 years without being played????????

Dude must have a huge office.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

...also, if we were to believe the OP, it was kept in some guy's dry, heated office for 36 years without being played????????
Dude must have a huge office.

Behind stack of pinball flyers.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

He deserves respect...

and a trophy.

C504A955-8A67-4ECC-8952-D30B0B1B209C.gifC504A955-8A67-4ECC-8952-D30B0B1B209C.gif
#179 2 years ago
Quoted from MOPARJOE:

...and was even on a pallet, so it never even touched his floor!

kid-animation.gifkid-animation.gif
#180 2 years ago

Im not as savvy as these old time operators but if i got a replacement game and was allowed to keep the first, i’d of put the one with the the damaged corners (as everything else is perfect) on route and keep a minty one in my office. This is why i’m just a hobbyist though.

I always assumed there was a small subset of collectors who swapped unboxed games with zero intent of opening them. Any prestige of an unboxed game is lost when you set it up and play it. What yr left with is a really nice condition game thats worth not a dime more than what someone else is willing to pay for it.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

The real question is, where is the topper. I do have one hanging in my garage right now. So who ever buys this game for 20k please feel free to contact me. I have looked at other toppers like GB and walking dead. So I think 2k is a fair price.
Actual picture from my garage taken 3 minutes ago
[quoted image]

Pffft. I have that light topper too. Retractable cord and everything. Nice try!!!

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

After this thread it is definitely going to be a piece of pinside history.

Well, he hasn’t offered Shasta or deli meats.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Pffft. I have that light topper too. Retractable cord and everything. Nice try!!!

Nothing more annoying then posting something for sale and people start asking about other things in the picture.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm so glad this is here to keep me entertained on a snow day

Grown ass adults have snow days??? WTF???

I am in the wrong business...

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Kaneda.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from MOPARJOE:

I will NOT be turning this machine on for any reason, as it is only new once, and I don't want to hear anyone saying that as soon a ball gets run through it, it's a used machine; it's not going to happen while I own it (and yes, I know some of you will give me "flack" about it)....

B23B20F6-BBB3-4E41-8F3C-5065CDA580E2.gifB23B20F6-BBB3-4E41-8F3C-5065CDA580E2.gif

#187 2 years ago

I’ve seen at least 3 routed in St. Louis that look nicer than this. This is dog shit.

#188 2 years ago

Maybe in %, but in sheer number of downvotes in 1 day, one must also mention that asshat ASOA who would act as Pinside's town crier. He said MBr would have "two great games in one" and acted as a foolish cheerleader in all of his posts. Wonder how things turned out for that guy...

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, OP! You wouldn't HAPPEN to be FRIENDS with Mike PACAK, would you? Because you're FROM Ohio and you DEFINITELY write JUST like him! LOL!!!

Did Choggard move to Ohio?

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from MOPARJOE:

And mentioning how many were made has no relevance to this situation, because how many were never played??..Even if production figures had anything to do with anything, then how do you explain what Addams Family machines are selling for?..Or, how about the crazy prices all the machines at the Califirnia auction sold for this past September????

I'm not trying to knock HS here (for all you HS fans out there) but is the OP seriously attempting to compare HS to a TAF? True that the production numbers are somewhat similar (17,080 for HS versus 20,270 for TAF) but the high dollar values for TAFs in outstanding condition in recent years is due to that pin's legendary status in the annals of pinball (and the Gold edition's scarcity). A status that I don't think most would adorn HS with... So OP's comparison is totally off base (as well as his pipe dream to get $20k for this pin as it sits). But... there's a sucker born every minute--perhaps he should put it on ebay.

#191 2 years ago

Another obvious Pinside user on PCP.

Hey OP stay off the PCP!!!

Only another individual using a Schedule II substance/hallucinogen would pay you $20,000 for this PIECE OF SHIT!

#192 2 years ago
EB5C2110-DF6D-43A6-907A-B3B359432B8E.gifEB5C2110-DF6D-43A6-907A-B3B359432B8E.gif
#193 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Another obvious Pinside user on PCP.
Only another individual using a Schedule II substance/hallucinogen would pay you $20,000 for this PIECE OF SHIT!

Couple drops of L wait an hour. Bump of K wait 5 minutes start hitting tank and close your eyes! You will see this high speed and lots of pretty colors!

#194 2 years ago

PCP is a Schedule I drug.

Just saying

Quoted from newpinbin:

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Did Choggard move to Ohio?

Unfortunately no

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Im not as savvy as these old time operators but if i got a replacement game and was allowed to keep the first, i’d of put the one with the the damaged corners (as everything else is perfect) on route and keep a minty one in my office. This is why i’m just a hobbyist though.
I always assumed there was a small subset of collectors who swapped unboxed games with zero intent of opening them. Any prestige of an unboxed game is lost when you set it up and play it. What yr left with is a really nice condition game thats worth not a dime more than what someone else is willing to pay for it.

That’s exactly what would’ve happened in 1986 assuming Willy sent any operator a replacement for no charge.

There’s no way this story is true. As mentioned by someone else, this would’ve been chalked up to damage in transit, some kind of discounted price or some free parts sent, and the game would’ve been on route before everything was settled.

As for the serial numbers not matching, here’s what most likely happened:
Operator got 4 High Speed’s. For argument’s sake, assume S/N’s 15072, 15077, 15091 and 15092. 77, 91 and 92 went out ASAP. While trying to decide where 72 was going, 77 had an issue. CPU from 72 went into game 77. After repairing the CPU, it never went back in to 72. Operator never placed 15072 because in 1986, people didn’t know how to work on Sys11 like we do today. It wasn’t easy to find PIAs. Or sockets. Or RAMs. Good soldering equipment was very expensive and not easy to find. There were no internet reviews and online help forums. 15072 never made it out just because of these reasons and maybe some others.

I can speculate these thoughts with some level of knowledge because I was born into the coin-op industry. I remember when dad had 6 High Speed’s. I remember all the early Sys11 problems and grief and disdain for the board sets. I also remember that winning changes everything and his frustration was always quickly forgotten when he opened the cash boxes on High Speed (and really most any pin or VG around that time.)

I’m in agreement, the real story behind this is far more fascinating (and probably closely resembles my theory) than the OP’s fable.

What’s most amusing to me is I’ve bought and sold probably 30 High Speed’s in my life. I think I can honestly say I didn’t gross $20k selling 30. Of course, all 30 of those sold were a decade ago before pinball exploded into todays warmed climate.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Unfortunately no

Lol, I know. Cant remember what I was looking for the other day, but my search had the 500 mile radius.... And there he was, still selling....

#198 2 years ago

Great entertainment here for a Snowy Friday.

Awesome looking project machine. Sorry, but the back story doesn’t seem to hold water from what I see and know about williams back in the day.
If you were offered $10k you should take and run with this one. Whoever buys this game has to do a full shop job, probably change to LED’s, fix whatever electronics are broken, and probably buy a new set of legs. After this i would say this would be a good 7500 pin in today’s market. Just my evaluation.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

PCP is a Schedule I drug.
Just saying

PCP is a Schedule II substance under the Controlled Substances Act.

#200 2 years ago

This ad, and the seller, screams "I know what I have!" to me when I read it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-high-speed-pinball-machine-time-capsule-piece-of-history/page/4?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.