HighSpeedThreadNuke.gif
I know what I got (resized).jpg
Naws.gif
d8c (resized).png
bulvine (resized).png
new_dude2 (resized).jpg
mpj.gif

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Assuming the cpu works as op states, this is basically a really nice hs with a new pf on it. HS is going 2500-3000 right about now on average.

So here's the thing. And somebody can correct me if I'm wrong on this as I have no personal experience with unplayed System 11's, so I don't want to be claiming expertise here...

...but my understanding about NOS/unplayed playfields from that era is that if you just try to play it as-is, the print/clearcoat will take a quality nosedive in a hurry. Something about having dried up or long-term cured without ever having been compacted down by ball movement. I don't remember where I read this, but I'm pretty sure the appropriate way to treat a "brand new" 80s game is to strip it down and do some clearcoating work.

#102 2 years ago

So what happened to you agreeing to sell it to Eric for $8k? I didn’t see any rebuttal to that, but it’s a good thing he dodged that bullet.

#103 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i clicked because i legit expected to see an unopened box on a pallet

That was me when I opened it this am. Unopened box on the pallet from Williams. That would be a NOS Time Capsule! That I could see a collector paying 20k to get that experience opening the NOS game. It’s new in the box!

#105 2 years ago
Screenshot 2022-01-07 100331 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-01-07 100331 (resized).png
#106 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

That was me when I opened it this am. Unopened box on the pallet from Williams. That would be a NOS Time Capsule! That I could see a collector paying 20k to get that experience opening the NOS game. It’s new in the box!

Like the Black Knights that were found about 10 years back. My buddy bought one and unboxed it. It was beautiful.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Like the Black Knights that were found about 10 years back. My buddy bought one and unboxed it. It was beautiful.

saw a video a while back of a NOS Williams Indiana Jones TPA being unboxed. now that was rad

#108 2 years ago

This is lightyears from a time capsule, it's just a barely used pinball that took a serious beating over time. I wouldn't buy that game for 3000$

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This trusted professional is not professional or to be trusted any trusted professional would tell you this is a gamble and you could be chasing issues for a long while before this plays well.

I suspect the MPU is not installed for a reason.

#110 2 years ago

it's not NOS dude
NOS doesn't need touching up or minor repairs

In all fairness, NOS simply stands for new old stock. It has nothing to do with condition.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

In all fairness, NOS simply stands for new old stock. It has nothing to do with condition.

Is NAS, or "new abused stock" a thing?

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I wouldn't buy that game for 3000$

I would

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

There is an implication that it is "the best you can buy" which is why people use it in the description.

This is clearly not NOS.

The guys unboxing a Data East Jurassic Park a few years back? That was NOS. And it showed.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah, I agree. The way this thing sits now its a project game. Fix it all up and make it as nice as possible then try to sell it.

THIS! (resized).jpgTHIS! (resized).jpg

#116 2 years ago

I've got a high speed with a new CPR playfield and plastics and low plays. Works 100% not too far from this one. I'll take $18.5 for it.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from MOPARJOE:

BTW ERIC_ALLEN....Nice try trying to divert my CPU info, but you already know that I saw the other machine with my own eyes, and I checked the CPU board, and it was TOTALLY different serial number than mine, and matched that machine.

All that means is that you have no idea where the original board actually is. Just because it isn’t on the other machine the guy was selling doesn’t make the one you have with yours the original.

Bonus points for your creative story, though.

#120 2 years ago

Why would anyone care what the new owner did with it after it was sold?!
The OP only wants to sell it to someone who will never play it? Why? Because that way they wont find out it doesnt work?

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from MOPARJOE:

WOW, just wow!...You people (and opinions, at best) are awesome, to say the least!..You can't compare values son something that has nothing to compare it to...Show me ANY other NOS, never played High Speed game being offered EVER. (or for that matter, ANY other 1980's machine that is NOS/never played, damaged or not!).
And mentioning how many were made has no relevance to this situation, because how many were never played??..Even if production figures had anything to do with anything, then how do you explain what Addams Family machines are selling for?..Or, how about the crazy prices all the machines at the Califirnia auction sold for this past September????
BTW ERIC_ALLEN....Nice try trying to divert my CPU info, but you already know that I saw the other machine with my own eyes, and I checked the CPU board, and it was TOTALLY different serial number than mine, and matched that machine.

I don’t quite know what “diverting your CPU info” means. But all what you said means is that the original board for the machine you are selling is NOT with the other machine the guy you bought from had. That piece of info doesn’t magically make the board you have with a different serial number the original for the machine you’re selling.

The most likely scenario is that the operator you bought from needed a working board for another game, took the board out of the game you are selling and then put the board with issues back with the machine you are selling.

#122 2 years ago

I think you dodged a serious bullet. 8k for the unknown is pretty steep. Too many variables for that kind of cash. I'd say 3k at the most, but I'm pretty conservative.

#123 2 years ago

Check out “Time capsule” Pin I got.

Data east Time Machine

D91D574F-256E-4F5E-BDEA-4A665DFED50D (resized).jpegD91D574F-256E-4F5E-BDEA-4A665DFED50D (resized).jpegA5CCB832-EEED-4384-A800-3747A1D46085 (resized).jpegA5CCB832-EEED-4384-A800-3747A1D46085 (resized).jpeg01F67058-21F5-4150-B38A-1A5EE1B9109E (resized).jpeg01F67058-21F5-4150-B38A-1A5EE1B9109E (resized).jpeg0A7607F1-5CC0-4BFE-B9DB-005F4C3D5616 (resized).jpeg0A7607F1-5CC0-4BFE-B9DB-005F4C3D5616 (resized).jpeg2FF8E9D2-C291-449B-B966-0882E7656C3F (resized).jpeg2FF8E9D2-C291-449B-B966-0882E7656C3F (resized).jpegFBB79260-7BA9-48E9-AC9A-EF0F0246AD97 (resized).jpegFBB79260-7BA9-48E9-AC9A-EF0F0246AD97 (resized).jpeg5A041BC1-2424-4234-808B-ECEB62B76CF9 (resized).jpeg5A041BC1-2424-4234-808B-ECEB62B76CF9 (resized).jpeg49D50BC2-40FE-4A84-A9BD-9128D5077CC3 (resized).jpeg49D50BC2-40FE-4A84-A9BD-9128D5077CC3 (resized).jpeg
#124 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

if i'd gotten F-14 plastics that needed repairs and touchups when i ordered them from Marco as NOS i'd be pissed. New Old Stock means old stock that was manufactured but never used, not just 'the best that's available'

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So what happened to you agreeing to sell it to Eric for $8k? I didn’t see any rebuttal to that, but it’s a good thing he dodged that bullet.

He had told me last week that he was advised he should ask $10K and go down from there.

I offered $9K for this game *plus* a NOS playfield he has BUT said that I would need to see the game up and running. He said “no way” to demonstrating that it played.

Seller: I’ll tell you what…I’ll sell the game to you for $8K as it sits now so I don’t have to list it or do any of the head repairs.

Me: How long do I have to think about it?

Seller: At least through the rest of today.

Within a few hours, I told him that I had shared pics with a repairman I trust, was getting close to saying “yes,” and asked for a few more detailed photos that the repair guy requested.

Almost immediately, I started hearing, “Well, I’ve been talking to a dealer that says I could get $10K or more.”

Not much later, I said, “I’m good for $8K and we can wrap this up tomorrow.” Then I got, “I’d rather sell it to somebody who is just going to keep it as a museum piece instead of playing it.”

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Settle down people and give this guy a break i see these sell on Ebay for 20k all the time

This has been one of the most entertaining snow days I've had in a while...lol

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:

He had told me last week that he was advised he should ask $10K and go down from there.
I offered $9K for this game *plus* a NOS playfield he has BUT said that I would need to see the game up and running. He said “no way” to demonstrating that it played.
Seller: I’ll tell you what…I’ll sell the game to you for $8K as it sits now so I don’t have to list it or do any of the head repairs.
Me: How long do I have to think about it?
Seller: At least through the rest of today.
Within a few hours, I told him that I had shared pics with a repairman I trust, was getting close to saying “yes,” and asked for a few more detailed photos that the repair guy requested.
Almost immediately, I started hearing, “Well, I’ve been talking to a dealer that says I could get $10K or more.”
Not much later, I said, “I’m good for $8K and we can wrap this up tomorrow.” Then I got, “I’d rather sell it to somebody who is just going to keep it as a museum piece instead of playing it.”

Also, he’s citing the fact that I asked to see the game working and asked for some time to to get professional opinions of his photos and try to get to a “yes” as evidence that I was never serious enough and therefore he’s justified in not honoring our agreement.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I suspect the MPU is not installed for a reason.

Most likely answer is that the original owner took the MPU out of the machine now being sold to use with a machine on his route and put the board with issues back with the machine now being sold.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:

Also, he’s citing the fact that I asked to see the game working and asked for some time to to get professional opinions of his photos and try to get to a “yes” as evidence that I was never serious enough and therefore he’s justified in not honoring our agreement.

Well, I wouldn't be too upset about "missing" your opportunity to buy this drastically overpriced set of pinball machine parts.

#130 2 years ago

pretty good of Williams to send a whole new machine out for free because it was damaged by the way it was unpackaged. man you dont see service like that any more hunh

The funny thing is that in 1986 no single operator or distributor would even give a shit if a game showed up with a few scuffs, much less demand a brand new game (which in itself is a laugher...Williams in 1986 would have guffawed in his face for making that request). Literally nobody on the planet who was buying NIB games in 1986 would care about any of this stuff.

Why isn't the fuckin' head attached?!?! Where's the topper? Why did whomever owned this "time capsule" for 40 years decide it was a good idea to make it a parts machine?

You guys know I'm no price cop, but I am a bullshit cop, and there's tons of bullshit violations in this ad. I know when I get a rare "Time capsule" machine for free I immediately remove the head, start swapping boards, take off the topper, etc. etc....

The funny thing is the REAL non bullshit version of this story is probably way more interesting than the fake one, but we'll probably never know how such a nice looking High Speed managed to get the head removed, topper stolen, boards taken out, legs repainted etc. etc....an operator bought two and forgot about it until he needed parts years later? It was a "factory second" that was never completed at the factory and was used for training purposes at Williams or sold cheap for parts? WHo the Hell knows.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why isn't the fuckin' head attached?!?!

Same reason he refuses to put the CPU in and turn the game on. He knows it won't work. Duh.....

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Same reason he refuses to put the CPU in and turn the game on. He knows it won't work.

Wrong, it's cause it is only new once!

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from MOPARJOE:

but I can tell you I already have an offer of 10G from a DEALER, that wants to sell it for a profit!.

Honestly, I would take that $10k as fast as possible and run.

While most of the cosmetics are nice, it is still a project game.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, I would take that $10k as fast as possible and run.
While most of the cosmetics are nice, it is still a project game.

I suspect the $10K deal is all BS too. He's just saying that to make it seem valuable.

He should have taken the $8K (assuming he doesn't mind the fact that he would STILL be ripping off the buyer).

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Wrong, it's cause it is only new once!

But don’t worry; it’s the original CPU because he guy he bought it from says it is and the numbers are only off by a few digits! Clearly, it’s either just a typo or somebody on the assembly line grabbed the wrong board.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:

The guy is full of shit but even by your telling it doesn't sound like he busted a deal.

You wanted to "think about it" and while you were thinking about it he changed his mind. Pretty standard stuff in "pinball deals that didn't happen" land.

Regardless, I don't see why you care. He saved you from making a dumb mistake.

#137 2 years ago

That moment when you realize you shouldn’t of made your Pinside for sale ad a forum topic...

2EF50731-2A87-431A-B9F1-CFE0B1CB5167 (resized).jpeg2EF50731-2A87-431A-B9F1-CFE0B1CB5167 (resized).jpeg

#138 2 years ago

I'm sending this post to JJP and demanding a brand new game due to some playfield issues. Will let you all know if I get a new machine.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm sending this post to JJP and demanding a brand new game due to some playfield issues. Will let you all know if I get a new machine.

Good idea, then you can sell the first one as NOS...

well, after you take a board or two out of it...

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I suspect the $10K deal is all BS too. He's just saying that to make it seem valuable.

Probably. I don't really believe half the claims the OP is making. Too much spin for my taste.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The guy is full of shit but even by your telling it doesn't sound like he busted a deal.
You wanted to "think about it" and while you were thinking about it he changed his mind. Pretty standard stuff.

If you tell somebody “I’ll sell you the game for this price and you have this long to decide…” they are breaking the deal if they go back on that.

Especially when they later add, “Well, I’ll still sell it to you for the $10K that this other person offered”

#142 2 years ago

I was saddened last week when the Kaneda thread was closed. I’m happy again

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You wanted to "think about it" and while you were thinking about it he changed his mind. Pretty standard stuff in "pinball deals that didn't happen" land.

But I agree…I’m better off not dealing with this guy and this machine.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:

But I agree…I’m better off not dealing with this guy and this machine.

Buy a players condition High Speed, send it to HEP. Then you're the proud owner of the nicest High speed in existence and you saved money and frustration.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

On an old forum I used to frequently visit we had "banhammer Wednesday" and it was exactly what it sounds like. Once a week a member was voted off the island

I would be so f'ed, and really through no fault of my own other than the horde of sheep?

F--k everything about that.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_Allen:If you tell somebody “I’ll sell you the game for this price and you have this long to decide…” they are breaking the deal if they go back on that.
Especially when they later add, “Well, I’ll still sell it to you for the $10K that this other person offered”

Yeah if that's how it went down I guess it's just nugget in this bullshit gift basket. Still, generally when I hear anything besides "I'll take it" I consider the game still for sale.

You definitely dodged a bullet on this one!

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Check out “Time capsule” Pin I got.
Data east Time Machine
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful!!!

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah if that's how it went down I guess it's just nugget in this bullshit gift basket. Still, generally when I hear anything besides "I'll take it" I consider the game still for sale.

Yep. The game is for sale unless I've got cash in front of me.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Same reason he refuses to put the CPU in and turn the game on. He knows it won't work. Duh.....

Well, it certainly isn't working in it's current state.

He's probably not going to get his $20K asking price, but if BitCoin was Ratio he'd be rich!

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Still, generally when I hear anything besides "I'll take it" I consider the game still for sale.

Until I see the color of their money.....

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-high-speed-pinball-machine-time-capsule-piece-of-history/page/3?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.