• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinsanity
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm looking desperately to buy some Nos CV cabinet decals...
But i actually never ever seen any ads .They seems to be rarer than a unicorn to find !

I really need some for my machine... Who can I contact ? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

So if anyone knows a guy who has a cousin who knows a guy which has some decal ... LET ME KNOW.
My price will be yours

#3 10 years ago

CV was screened directly to the cab, IIRC. Any decals that exist would be aftermarket.

#4 10 years ago

Why do you want NOS?

They remade them using next gen process, and they are available in a few places

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=PPA-CV-CABSETNG&Category_Code=GS-4059

Brand new!

#5 10 years ago

Thanks guys for your answers ,

I have seen these new "next gen" decals install in some CV and I'm not a fan at all ( color, definition,ect...) compare to the original ones. Plus i would like to have only original parts on my machines.

So why Nos ? Because they are much better

A commun mistake about CV cab : people thinks that the cabinet art is silkscreened. It is NOT.
I have seen around 10 CV, and all of them were decals. Now, maybe some early runs have silkscreened art but i have never seen one yet

So again, if someone has these nos decals , please contact me !!!

#6 10 years ago

Bump .
Maybe someone who knows ?

#7 10 years ago

You won't find what you are looking for, as they simply don't exist.

It has been stated several times in the past by ex WMS pinball division employees. Most if not all the CV cabinets and others of that time, had a white vinyl like material applied to them, which then allowed the screening to occur. This was done to allow the cabinet company to use a lesser grade (finish) surface to be used, thus reducing the cost of the cabinets slightly. Remember that whatever $'s they could save, was an extra earned in what was very tight times for pinball.

If anyone knows it would jpop the games designer. Drop him a line and ask for yourself. He's a member here on Pinside.

#8 10 years ago

I believe I have seen NOS head decals, but only head decals - the bodies of the games were screened.

#9 10 years ago

Thank you very much Pinball73
It's exactly what i have i think.

I though it was decals because there are not screened directly on the wood but on this white vinyl...

So that's why I can't find them... But now it's means that i have to hunt for a perfect cabinet CV to buy

Thanks again everyone for your help and if the head decals exist , I have to find them too

2 weeks later
#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

You won't find what you are looking for, as they simply don't exist.
It has been stated several times in the past by ex WMS pinball division employees. Most if not all the CV cabinets and others of that time, had a white vinyl like material applied to them, which then allowed the screening to occur. This was done to allow the cabinet company to use a lesser grade (finish) surface to be used, thus reducing the cost of the cabinets slightly. Remember that whatever $'s they could save, was an extra earned in what was very tight times for pinball.
If anyone knows it would jpop the games designer. Drop him a line and ask for yourself. He's a member here on Pinside.

So MM cabinets were done the same way? A white vinyl applied to cab and then screened? I wonder why they went to standard decals with CC and MB?

#11 10 years ago

some monster bashes were screened too

#12 10 years ago

lma i think what you are seeing is a screened cabinet the process makes it look like decals but its not

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So MM cabinets were done the same way? A white vinyl applied to cab and then screened? I wonder why they went to standard decals with CC and MB?

The employees of the company (Lenc Smith) that Williams outsourced their cabinets to for silkscreening went on strike so an alternative was needed at short notice since MB was on the production line at the time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-cirqus-voltaire-cabinet-decals-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.