(Topic ID: 188112)

NOS Bingo Parts

By okorange

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC05307 (resized).jpg
    I kept all the shipping materials except the bubble-wrap.  I put it all back inside the crate and attached the composite board c
    I just installed Coos' Miami Beach reproduction backglass after assembling the game yesterday. (resized).jpg
    Miami Beach reproduction backglass from Coos.  Just installed. (resized).jpg
    I kept all the shipping materials except the bubble-wrap.  I put it all back inside the crate and attached the composite board c
    DSC05307 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Terry1:

I would think the shipping would be a high!

I bought from Coos a Miami Beach reproduction backglass with true mirrored lines last year. The cost was 710 euros, of which 300 was for crating and shipping to Seattle. 25 was for insurance in the amount of 600 euros (I assumed the risk for the remaining 110 euros.)

He built a narrow crate using 1/2” plywood on the sides and 1/8” composite wood on the front and back. It looked like an oversized kitchen drawer with the normally open side covered with 1/8” composite wood. It was substantial and had the clever touch of a drawer pull on the top of the crate, which nudged the delivery person in the direction of carrying the crate the right way - using the handle.

The backglass was shipped through FedEx and I had it within three days. The glass was wrapped with brown paper, then wrapped with seven individual (and numbered) layers of bubble wrap. It was sandwiched by foam peanuts on either side. It arrived without blemish.

Coos takes payments through PayPal, and PayPal handles the conversion from dollars to euros. He made the glass without asking me for a deposit. He makes the glasses in batches and needs suitable weather for doing his work (chemicals and fumes), so you probably won’t get a glass as soon as you order it. I waited several months.

Would I do it again? I told myself the Miami Beach was a one-time thing, but now I’ve got a Key West glass on order. I own only two games, so I tell myself this is the last time to spend the big bucks. That will be true until i get another game….

The numbers panel in the photos is original to the game. The outer glass is what I got from Coos.

Miami Beach reproduction backglass from Coos.  Just installed. (resized).jpgMiami Beach reproduction backglass from Coos. Just installed. (resized).jpg

I just installed Coos' Miami Beach reproduction backglass after assembling the game yesterday. (resized).jpgI just installed Coos' Miami Beach reproduction backglass after assembling the game yesterday. (resized).jpg

I kept all the shipping materials except the bubble-wrap.  I put it all back inside the crate and attached the composite board cover with the screws.  I didn't staple the composite board but I placed several staples (stored in a jar (resized).jpgI kept all the shipping materials except the bubble-wrap. I put it all back inside the crate and attached the composite board cover with the screws. I didn't staple the composite board but I placed several staples (stored in a jar (resized).jpg

DSC05307 (resized).jpgDSC05307 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

Vic, you are correct. The replay meter is riding too low in its window, although the low angle of the photo greatly exaggerates the offset. I just checked an original Miami Beach backglass, and it seems that Coos has got the replay window in the correct position. That makes me wonder if my meter was mounted a little low at the factory or perhaps it was remounted low at some point. I'll check it out the next time I pull the game out of the line.

DSC05307 (resized).jpgDSC05307 (resized).jpg

I kept all the shipping materials except the bubble-wrap.  I put it all back inside the crate and attached the composite board cover with the screws.  I didn't staple the composite board but I placed several staples (stored in a jar (resized).jpgI kept all the shipping materials except the bubble-wrap. I put it all back inside the crate and attached the composite board cover with the screws. I didn't staple the composite board but I placed several staples (stored in a jar (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-bingo-parts?tu=BlackCatBone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.