Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mmr61184
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fnsku_label-300 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Need some opinions, I picked up a NOS playfield a few months back that I am planning to put into my game soon. I want to try to keep it as original as possible but have read on different threads that the original coating as it gets older isn’t as durable not sure if that’s true. It’s going to be in my home and really only get played by my family periodically not like I am hosting any tournaments or anything. I am kind of a purist so I didn’t want to really get it clearcoated especially that it is in perfect condition but if there is worry about wear I would definitely consider it.

Also this is from a later run after they made the gold edition so it was created as a spare part and didn’t have the bar code. Is there anybody that makes the bar codes and can I just stick one on without costing it. I assume they put them on at the factory after they were diamond plated.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Not sure why you want or need a barcode, but amazon has all kinds of pre-printed barcode stickers available.
    fnsku_label-300 (resized).jpgfnsku_label-300 (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago

I checked my TAFG and TZ, both look like bar code was put on and then clear coated.

Your diamond plate is already a clear coat, I wouldn't add more.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago

A good cleaning and wax job is all you should do!!!!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not sure why you want or need a barcode, but amazon has all kinds of pre-printed barcode stickers available.
    [quoted image]

Just want it to look as factory original as possible thats why i went crazy to find an original instead of a remake. TAF is the one game that i will spare no expense on

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I checked my TAFG and TZ, both look like bar code was put on and then clear coated.
    Your diamond plate is already a clear coat, I wouldn't add more.
    LTG : )

Thats what i assumed i didnt want to put anything more than what is there already

#7 5 years ago

Get a Ron Kruzman clear and polish. It’ll make your TAF purdy!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Get a Ron Kruzman clear and polish. It’ll make your TAF purdy!

If i did that he is the only one i would let touch it. I have a Creature he restored that I am going to hang on my wall in my office

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

If i did that he is the only one i would let touch it. I have a Creature he restored that I am going to hang on my wall in my office

I’ve Ron Kruzman cleared ST:TNG, Centaur, TZ and BM66 PFs. I also have a bunch of Brian Weismann’s (HSA) work. But, sadly, he’s closing up shop.

Good luck with your TAF.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Need some opinions, I picked up a NOS playfield a few months back that I am planning to put into my game soon. I want to try to keep it as original as possible but have read on different threads that the original coating as it gets older isn’t as durable not sure if that’s true. It’s going to be in my home and really only get played by my family periodically not like I am hosting any tournaments or anything. I am kind of a purist so I didn’t want to really get it clearcoated especially that it is in perfect condition but if there is worry about wear I would definitely consider it.
    Also this is from a later run after they made the gold edition so it was created as a spare part and didn’t have the bar code. Is there anybody that makes the bar codes and can I just stick one on without costing it. I assume they put them on at the factory after they were diamond plated.
    Thanks

If I remember correctly, there are roughly 50 holes missing in the NOS playfields. 15 alone are the ones for the studs that hold the pop mechs. You may also not have the taper around the chair hole. If yours needs all this done, you may want to consider having it cleared afterwards.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If I remember correctly, there are roughly 50 holes missing in the NOS playfields. 15 alone are the ones for the studs that hold the pop mechs. You may also not have the taper around the chair hole. If yours needs all this done, you may want to consider having it cleared afterwards.

Hey Bryan, yup I got the taper. Supposedly that’s one of the things that distinguishes the Remakes from Illinois Pinball vs the NOS spare part runs. Good point on the holes that was one thing I was a little nervious about, Ron offered his dinpling services if I sent it to him. The only reason I didn’t want to clear if I didn’t have to was to keep it looking as factory original as possible.

Are you enjoying retirement

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-addams-family- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.