(Topic ID: 39689)

Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show 2013 - PICS Added!

By zippydapinhead

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LaughingOtter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

NotDorothy.jpg
    007.jpg
    006.jpg
    005.jpg
    004.jpg
    003.jpg
    001.jpg

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Looks Awesome!

All the details and more at: http://www.nwpinballshow.com

#2 6 years ago

Still not sure if I'm gonna show.

#3 6 years ago

June is bad for me, but it's close, so gonna have to figure it out and get up there.

#4 6 years ago

I've volunteered the past 3 years and it's a blast. Lot of good games and good people. If you live remotely close you owe it to yourself to attend. - Barry

1 week later
    #5 6 years ago

OK, I'm gonna go. Yakima Guy is coming too.

#6 6 years ago

Yeah I have that weekend off this year. I will look into arrangements and hope to finally make it up for the show this year.

#7 6 years ago

Great news and can't wait to try so many games I have never played before.....

2 weeks later
    #8 6 years ago

Definitely going to this! I might even bring my Zaccaria Moon Flight.

#9 6 years ago

Anybody bringing any thing to sell?

#10 6 years ago

I can bring a coil sleeve for you to buy.

#11 6 years ago

I plan on bring a game or two this year for free play / sale

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I plan on bring a game or two this year for free play / sale

Let m know what you plan on selling before yo bring it up

#13 6 years ago

If I-500 leaves please let me know.

#14 6 years ago

Not sure what I am doing in June.
    And it is roughly 3 hours from me here.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

Let m know what you plan on selling before yo bring it up

Can do buddy

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

If I-500 leaves please let me know.

Damn game is still in the van and Mark beat you for dibs

#16 6 years ago

I thought the show was pretty boring last year. The games weren't in the greatest shape. The speakers were ok but there's no line up listed for 2013 so who knows.

#17 6 years ago

Python will be there!

#18 6 years ago

I'll be there. Flying from VA to attend and see some good friends while I am at at!

#19 6 years ago

New venue this year too
    Pro's
    Much bigger
    Easier parking

Cons
    Tacoma is not Seattle (regardless that it is closer to me)

#20 6 years ago

Its going to be a great show! The new places is like 20,000 square feet in one hall. Onsite food and beverages(for adults) and plenty of elbow room. Plenty of parking and nearby great hotels make this a must attend show. I'll be displaying some games from the early days 1930's, 40's and 50's as well as a couple from my home collection as well.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

New venue this year too
    Pro's
    Much bigger
    Easier parking
    Cons
    Tacoma is not Seattle (regardless that it is closer to me)

Seattle sucks It's dirty, confusing streets, shitty traffic and more rain than here in Portland somehow. We're not missing out on anything lol. However, we have a much better chance at getting shot at Tacoma

I'm going to go this year since I've never been to a show. I always have games to sell/bring, so we shall see what is around.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Seattle sucks It's dirty, confusing streets, shitty traffic and more rain than here in Portland somehow. We're not missing out on anything lol. However, we have a much better chance at getting shot at Tacoma

You know I'm gonna be packin' some heat if I'm gonna be in Tacoma.

#23 6 years ago

I've been every year and I'm really excited for the new venue.

#24 6 years ago

No problem monkey thought that might have been the same one.
    Figured I would try for dibs on the next local one. Fun game.

Abacus concealed permit and do not stop in tacoma

Last time I was stopped in that town is was tracking down my moms car after it got stolen =-)

I guess people underestimate the lengths I will go to if stolen from.

#25 6 years ago

Rock out with your Glock out!
    Just remember to give some cover fire to those who are going for high score records if a drive by happens.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I thought the show was pretty boring last year. The games weren't in the greatest shape. The speakers were ok but there's no line up listed for 2013 so who knows.

You are free to bring some of your games if you'd like to help improve the show. But somehow I'm guessing you would never do that.

Honestly, criticizing the games as a unit at any show is ridiculous given that they come from a hugely varied pool of collectors with vastly different repair/restoration/"dialing" abilities. For every game that doesn't play very well, there's another that has just been shopped and plays great. We've even had some HEPs in the past. But yes, generally the people who are the most serious about making their games super mint are the same ones who would be way too uptight to let the general public play them for a weekend, sad as that is. It's still a wonderful thing to see so many people donating their time and games to the show, and to see how much it has grown from its humble beginnings in an Oak Harbor pizza joint.

I'm guessing you ignored all pre-DMD games as well, which is a shame since the show is known for having awesome lineups of wedgeheads, early solid state games, etc. One year we managed to round up every System 11 game. It was glorious!

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The speakers were ok but there's no line up listed for 2013 so who knows.

Anyone know the line up yet?

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

You are free to bring some of your games if you'd like to help improve the show. But somehow I'm guessing you would never do that.

I absolutely would if I was going to be there all 3 days, but I generally would only go one day. If the show was in Portland, I'd donate a few to the event.

Honestly, criticizing the games as a unit at any show is ridiculous given that they come from a hugely varied pool of collectors with vastly different repair/restoration/"dialing" abilities. For every game that doesn't play very well, there's another that has just been shopped and plays great. We've even had some HEPs in the past.

Point taken.

I'm guessing you ignored all pre-DMD games as well, which is a shame since the show is known for having awesome lineups of wedgeheads, early solid state games, etc. One year we managed to round up every System 11 game. It was glorious!

I absolutely did ignore them all. I consider those old games total snoozers I was interested in checking out fun house, but the one that was there had wood exposed on the playfield and wasn't at all fun. I wasnt able to be sure if the game was just in bad shape or if I just hated it. I played the TFTC that was there a bit to check it out, ended up thinking the game sucked. I later played a different one and bought it - so yea, I wasn't really able to find much useful in the game selection. The sterns were all in good shape. But I owned most those so it didn't interest me much. I generally don't go to these shows to play the games.

#29 6 years ago

Honestly, criticizing the games as a unit at any show is ridiculous given that they come from a hugely varied pool of collectors with vastly different repair/restoration/"dialing" abilities. For every game that doesn't play very well, there's another that has just been shopped and plays great. We've even had some HEPs in the past. But yes, generally the people who are the most serious about making their games super mint are the same ones who would be way too uptight to let the general public play them for a weekend, sad as that is. It's still a wonderful thing to see so many people donating their time and games to the show, and to see how much it has grown from its humble beginnings in an Oak Harbor pizza joint.

Says the guy that has never met Markmon

OP I totally see were you are coming from and what you are saying but you have the wrong idea about Markmon. Take my word for that or leave it??

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Can do buddy

Damn game is still in the van and Mark beat you for dibs

I guess I need to play this.. Don't get it

#31 6 years ago

Anyone ever talk about moving the show around the Northwest?
    Seattle, WA
    Portland, OR
    Boise, ID
    Missoula, MT
    ?

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Anyone ever talk about moving the show around the Northwest?
    Seattle, WA
    Portland, OR
    Boise, ID
    Missoula, MT
    ?

Portland, OR would be awesome! =3
    But I believe there is already a Portland Pinball Expo that I think was last September.
    Could be wrong though never been to a pinball convention so dunno.

#33 6 years ago

God I wish I didn't live in Ottawa.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballReviewer:

Portland, OR would be awesome! =3

I don't know much about the portland expo, but we should get a chunk of local guys together to bring a handful of pins each and make this THE expo to be at. Go big or don't go at all.

#35 6 years ago

we where just chatting about this---

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I don't know much about the portland expo, but we should get a chunk of local guys together to bring a handful of pins each and make this THE expo to be at. Go big or don't go at all.

I'd bring mine but still restoring the one pin I got. xD

#37 6 years ago

Missoula, MT is the place to be. Its all about the Montana hunnies.

#38 6 years ago

According to the website it is supposed to be a bigger show than last year. Probably a good thing having the show at the convention center. Had a blast last year and I will be back for all three days this year.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Missoula, MT is the place to be. Its all about the Montana hunnies.

Not many pins in MT and just as few people... Seattle is good, but maybe some mini expos... Walla Walla? I'm there, Yakima, I'm there, Portland sounds like one I am going to make plans for....

#40 6 years ago

I will be there, I am hoping my 5 year old daughter digs it as much as I think she will.

The larger space will be nice... the old venue was a bit of a challenge to navigate during most of the show due to high attendance and a lack of open space.

I enjoyed all of the eras of games there, so keep em' coming.

#41 6 years ago

It would not do well here in Boise. Besides myself there are only a handful of pinball enthusiasts in the area.

#42 6 years ago

I'll be there with my son who is so excited he can barely take it. I'm not bringing my machine as I'm 90% positive there will be Space Shuttles there in much better shape.

#43 6 years ago

How many pins are normally at this show? And how many are normally at the Portland show?

What are the breakdowns of how many are there? Meaning, how many DMD titles, how many EMs, how many SS pre-dmd etc.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

How many pins are normally at this show? And how many are normally at the Portland show?
    What are the breakdowns of how many are there? Meaning, how many DMD titles, how many EMs, how many SS pre-dmd etc.

here is the 2012 list to help you out, its normally around this
    http://www.nwpinballshow.com/games

#45 6 years ago

I will be in Alaska not playing or working on pinball ... shit!!!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Anyone know the line up yet?

P3 is scheduled to be there.

Guesses and wishes (non confirmed)
    Somebody from Stern
    JJP
    Skit B

#47 6 years ago

Portland is rumored to be the "pinball capital of the world". Don't ask me how that rumor got started, but if there's any truth to it, there should be a Portland show. Or at least alternate the Seattle show with Portland every other year.

#48 6 years ago

That's because Portland has about 500 machines on route , and most are piss poorly maintained but there are some great venues there for sure

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Now that it is in Tacoma, it knocks about an hour off the commute for you PDX guys. Please bring your games to enhance the show lineup!

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Now that it is in Tacoma, it knocks about an hour off the commute for you PDX guys. Please bring your games to enhance the show lineup!

I'm in!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 67.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 249.00
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside