Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by oropuro
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zac9wrapped.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    image_6.jpeg
    image_5.jpeg
    image_4.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 8 years ago

Based on what I saw from the photos, it looks like you all got lucky. Container shipments of pinball machines don't often look like that, and a few of those involved know that from experience. Most of the time it's machines with the legs still on and the backboxes up, coupled with pins stripped of solid state boards, hacked wiring, and games that look like nuclear bombs went off beside them. Totally a gamble for loss, i would not do it, and I don't recommend to others, unless you really feel like inheriting a bunch of subpar project machines, that you end up selling for a loss or just stripping for parts, and throwing the rest in a junk yard. Any game can be saved, but sometimes it is not worth the effort.

#117 8 years ago

Good score on the Zac titles.
    Those are hard to find now.

#120 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tvpinballs:

The feeling you get when a container shows up after 4 or 5 months is like X-mas, b-day, New Years all rapped into one! We did 40' containers 10-12 years ago when you would pay $650-$750 a game after shipping, insurance, broker, trucking. Having $50 to $60 thousand dollars floating out there doing 2 containers a year was fun, crazy, a lot of work and a big gamble. We had a container get caught up in customs in New York after 9/11 and that container was are worst experience we ever had. They call your broker and they call you and say your container has went through the X-ray and looked suspicious and we are putting it on hold!?!? They say if you want your container they need to search it for booms or drugs and if you do not let them know within 48 hrs your container is emptied and the content is auctioned off!!!! So, you say yes and they open it up and pull every game out and open every game. They do not strap them again and they just throw everything back in and tell your broker that they will release it when they get a money order of $2500 and today they will start storage fees of $150 a day till they get it. If it does not happen with in a week it will go to auction! Having that $2500 cash to get the money order and storage fees and fedex it to them with all the right fees was not fun. When the container arrived it was like X-mas again but Santa stepped all over are machines! Nothing was strapped, tied down. Imagin 60-70 machines riding from New York to Rockford, Il. Rubbing and grinding on one another! Soon your TZ, Addams, MB and so on that are going to way out your turds in the bunch turn into machines that need LOTS of work! With the euro and the dollar being so for apart and this event happening was the end of are container days. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome! Pick 5 machines to keep and wholesale the rest to get your money back......I would do it in a heart beat again if I could. Your games look very nice. You see a lot of hacks and bad fixes yes but bring the machines back is what is fun for me. I like the little strand of wire bridging the fuses that have blown for a good reason! That's ok...it is a slow- blow strand of wire, it will pop when your machine is on fire!
    Anyone in the Chicago area in for a container? I think I have the itch again!?!??!?!

You just proved my point, sarcasm aside.
    Its called "unnecessary risk", and the days of quick flipping machines have come to a close.
    If you want a specific machine you cannot get in the the United States (ie Zaccaria), then fly, crate, ship and return.
    That includes using a passport and VISA if needed.
    Its cheaper and you know what you are getting.
    "Been there, done that" (Devil Riders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northwest-container-pinball-buyers-wanted?tu=xtheblackknightx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.