IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lorddrek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21991 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

It's been 20 hrs since the last game for sale or trade .... what's going on? I need my fix of saying to myself: "Oh damn, I want this game nearby but I don't have the room or funds for it".

I just pulled the trigger on a local sale last night. Now with my funds depleted all the really sweet deals and grail pins will start showing up…

2 weeks later
#22217 2 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

C'mon man last time I tried something like this I traded a NIB BKSOR for some sys11s worked out petty well

Nobody’s saying things couldn’t get interesting in the bedroom…

1 month later
#22622 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sandwich prices are also out of control lately.
I'd hate to be getting into the grinder hobby right now. $14 for a footlong with salami and provolone?
OUTFUCKINGRAGEOUS!!!! Glad I got into ham and cheese while the market was reasonable.
Sandwiches are for rich people only now?!

You need to get out of the city man…

1 month later
#23068 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Ads coming up for:
Ship Ahoy
Solar City
Both are working, both have new rubbers and LEDs where applicable
Alberto

Put me on the short list for that Jacks Open…

5 months later
#24510 1 year ago

I hate how some feel the need to haggle just out of principle.

#24532 1 year ago

I see some here complaining about non pinball vendors but personally I welcome them over empty space. I bought a few cute patches and my son scored a $35 dollar laptop with Doom on it. That alone saved my ass some huge money right there…

#24577 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did he trick you into selling him a game?

I’d say yes he did. I have purchased a pin from Maxash. It was very fairly priced and he has that pinball passion for the hobby. When dealing with someone like that they want you to be happy as much if not more than meeting the target sale price. That is what I felt when dealing with him and from his version of the story.

Levi I love your caustic attitude here you post in ways I feel but would never dare express. I have thanked you personally for your contributions and insight. But your views on pricing come from a different set of rules than I think a lot of us play by. I’ve seen some of your listings and I could not bring myself to pay them even if it was my Grail Pin. I’ve not seen anything that would indicate any flexibility either.

I often pull at heart strings when I buy pins (Need time to scrounge money) and have met many awesome accommodating hobbyists as a result. If I did all that only to flip at a quick profit before the dust settled I think the seller would be pretty pissed too. I hate to see jaded transactions in a hobby that has been so supportive of me. For these reasons I can see where Maxash is coming from…

#24587 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m sorry you don’t like my asking prices or ads but I’ve been doing this for 22 years, I’ve bought and sold around 400 games, and as far as I know most people have been happy dealing with me. I stand by my record and the way I deal with others in this hobby, and I’ve had countless repeat customers buying and selling games.

Perhaps I came off to harsh in my assessment of your pricing. If you tune machines like you play them then it would probably be close to a clean bill of health from the good lord himself.

Clearly I am not your target audience. I was born with a screwdriver in my hand. Your value not being realized by me certainly doesn’t mean it’s not there. I used to do all my own car work. Now I pay someone else. It’s all relative. Apologies for misrepresenting your scene in my original post.

#24594 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Drink or tool?

Both actually. My wife helps with the sobriety…

#24604 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

To be honest, it was kind of irritating to see your system at first. But it makes sense, and it makes TOTAL sense now that you're putting it like that. You let me play Ultraman for the first time, and now that you're saying it yeah, I could actually hear the callouts and look at the pin better with no pressure from a line behind me. Thanks for doing that! But I still don't want it

There were a few titles I would have loved to try but in a sea of free play I wasn’t going to feign interest just to flip them. Im sure the low plays help keep the price closer to NIB. Don’t have to call them floor models if they never get played I guess…

2 weeks later
#24743 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably a question I shouldn't ask but what is a fully loaded coin door?
LEDs? Mods? Under coin slot lighting?

Populated. Populated coin door…

1 week later
#24844 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I happen to believe this "excuse" is almost always bullshit. Just something people say when they

#24851 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I used to check CL hourly a few years ago.

So I have tried this as well on CL, marketplace, and here. Hitting refresh obsessively hoping to be the first one to catch a deal. But bizarrely enough the only real hits I’ve had (by now many) are when I either cannot afford or am not looking. Including my interaction with the quoted poster. Thanks again for that!

Now I have my theories on the how and why that is but it involves a lot of math. Plus a bit of sorcery and voodoo…

3 weeks later
#25050 1 year ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Anybody have a Star Trek pro for sale or trade near Boston?

This one might be in striking range…

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/445254047553465/

2 weeks later
#25137 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t think $3500 games exist anymore.

Solid state…

3 weeks later
#25427 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Someday I will own a Vector ... on my short list

Quoted from MutterFudder:

No time like the present!

My friends… I think I may have this one. <high five>

4 months later
#26737 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Sorry all the capcom stuff ends today on eBay good luck

Snipe It Now. My favorite buying option…

3 months later
#27447 10 months ago

It’s AIQ madness! Any chance either of you want to do a little horse trading? It’s the only way I can play these days…

#27451 10 months ago

No doubt.

#27511 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Stuff always pops up. I just sold a nice demoman for 3k. You just have to be ready to buy when the opportunity strikes.

Yeah I was eyeballing that but my son said no…

2 weeks later
#27634 10 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

lol yup claimed it worked great; but dusty. Too good to be true probably a scam.

Quoted from silen7ce:

looked scammy but never know

I thought the JJP Wonka for 3k on Facebook a couple years ago had to be a scam until I spoke to her and verified with an internet probing. Someone ended up being very lucky that day…

2 months later
#28342 7 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

The Pintastic show units were $8k. It was tempting, but by that point they needed some TLC. And I didn't have a proper vehicle.

The tank magnet was doing a number on those playfields…

4 months later
#29579 89 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Wow! The place looks amazing!

It is. Pics do not do the place justice. I’ll be back again on Saturday with the fam and happily drop another $100 bucks…

1 week later
#29740 78 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Or, just keep bumping your ad with a price point it's not selling at. All good.

I’ll take a few sale bumps over a dozen gripes about Facebook drama. The best of the worst sales stories are pretty good though. I have a mental picture of Carl from Aqua Team Hunger Force saying “That’s my final OFFER!”…

#29845 74 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You took it without seeing it first?!

Why not? People do this with pinball machines all the time…

#29847 74 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

While that's true, you can unload a game you don't want without much fuss. Uprooting yourself from living space to living space is a bit more of an ordeal.
I remember one apartment I looked at years ago where the photos looked fine, but when I walked in, the whole apartment was sinking to one side at a very noticeable angle. It felt really weird to walk around in. That certainly didn't show up in the photos.

I was sarcasticly referring to pinheads who jump on NIB pins prerelease. As usual I should have been more clear.

But yes real estate and digital pics can be wild. My old neighbor listed their house and the back yard looked like a country field. In reality it was little more than the footprint of the house…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lorddrek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread?tu=lorddrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.