5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,630 posts
  • 783 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by billsfanmd
  • Topic is favorited by 423 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,356 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_163004_(resized).jpg
tmp_5553-20160803_113350-1414929868.jpg
20160801_200751_(resized).jpg
20160802_232803_(resized).jpg
20160802_232233_(resized).jpg
IMG_3895_(resized).JPG
IMG_3877_(resized).JPG
IMG_3878_(resized).JPG
IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6506 2 years ago

Hello all, I'm brand-new here and I'm looking to get into the lovely hobby of pinball collecting

I don't really no where to start, but I'm really into fixing things, so I suppose I'd love to get a rough, fixer-upper of a table that doesn't have to look good, just one that I can play hard
If there's anyone out there near the Capitol Region (Albany) with some really rough tables, that may or may not work, let me know! I'd like to stay under the $400 range if possible. I can travel some distance, say 50-100 miles.
Thank you all in advance!

1 month later
#6723 2 years ago

1979 Eros One, Fascination/Allied Leisure "Fully Shopped" $600
I love the look of this pin out of most the cocktails.
albany.craigslist.org link

8 months later
#8495 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Looking for a Namco Ms. Pac Man/Galaga 20 year reunion (non-cabaret) if anyone has one for sale

Not to step on toes, but I'm looking for one as well! Any arcade machine that plays Galaga, (non-multicade). A friend of mine is going though a really tragic family situation and he's an avid Galaga player, insanely good. Figured nothing cheers ya up like arcade therapy.

1 month later
#8871 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm starting to clear out a stash of parts that I probably won't be using in any winter projects.
Check my marketplace listings--a handful of plastic ramps, Alvin G MPUs, refurbished classic bally & stern lamp boards, Sonic shooter housing, Gottlieb Genesis robot figure, R911 wireform, R911 ball lift assembly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/forceflow/market
I'll be listing a handful of more items as well, as I sort through a few more boxes throughout the week.
If you pick-up locally, I'll knock off the shipping costs.

Let me know if you need a hand at all, Force! I've been doing a fair share of cleaning out but it always seems like more fun when it's someone else's stuff. When it's your own, you keep remembering how much of it there is and how you want to hold onto a lot but it takes up too much space... the never-ending struggle!

Also if anyone is selling an Orbitor 1 or other novelty pins/projects let me know. Still looking to see what's out there. Preferably late 80's games.

#8884 1 year ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Pretty sure there is an orbiter 1 in buffalo on the market.

I have seen that ad, the fellow reached out to me.
However I'm hoping there maybe be another out there a little closer... wasn't looking too forward to driving out to buffalo

#8886 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This is the first time I've seen one pop up in the northeast. It's a rare game, so if you really want one, you may have to drive pretty far to find one.

Hm... okay, if I buy it will you come and play it?
My only concern is that in a collection of only a few games, it may get old very fast... but the cool factor is very high

#8888 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

But you can stop at Pocketeer for the day too

That is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that! Thank you

2 weeks later
#9178 1 year ago
Quoted from ejacques:

If you're willing to venture a bit west I think I have a couple. (actually populated)

You'll have to show me when I'm out there in a few weeks!

#9209 1 year ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

WTB Heavy Metal Melt down anyone selling one within a 5 hour drive of boston? i'm open to any condition including projects.

This is a tough one! I've kept an eye out and to my knowledge they don't move often. Very hard to come by, and I believe for some reason they were much more popular in Europe as opposed to the states. Best of luck to you!

#9260 1 year ago

Just curious, I've seen them go for a lot...
What would a low-end players PoTC cost me around here? I really loved that game when I used to play it at the arcades... But might be a little rich for my blood at the moment...

#9265 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine was in a flood and I still got more than 4k for it.

How'd you manage that??

1 month later
#9760 1 year ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Even with an Estimated Value of "unknown", I found it to be interesting that this game is ranked number #1 for EM on pinside. It must be a good game then.

It only broke into the top 10, immediately to top 1 (briefly #2) in December when it finally got enough ratings to qualify for the Pinside Top 100.

The issue with the EM ratings is that instead of minimum 15 ratings that all SS games and newer require, you only need 10. This reduces the possible scope that is used to calculate average, meaning that fewer people can make a higher impact on a game’s ranking.

It will come down the more reviews it reviews. IPDB usually has pretty reliable ratings for games that are not yet popularly rated on Pinside.

Still IN SEARCH OF:
Orbitor 1 spare parts and playfield.
Balls Lost World head!

1 month later
#10018 1 year ago

I’ve got some exciting news to announce soon! (Whenever I get some free time )

Finally set some great things in motion, what are some players DMD games around $1.5k or less? It’s gonna get beat so condition doesn’t matter at the moment

1 week later
#10147 1 year ago
Quoted from frankay39:

Any Super Mario Bros or Super Mario Bros Mushroom World games floating around New England? PM me, I have cash from a recent sale!

Those are some rare pins you’re looking for. Best of luck, half of New England is looking for a Mushroom World haha

4 weeks later
#10385 1 year ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Possibly looking for a nice Data East Checkpoint... in or around the Eastern NY area. The more I watch videos of it, the more I think i would like to own one.

Would you want one that is a stripped down project...? I still haven't gotten to my checkpoint yet. I, too, believe it would be a really fun game, but I have absolutely no time to work on it. PM me if you're interested.

6 months later
#11641 11 months ago
Quoted from New_England:

I would reach out to Fast Eddie. He drove my South Park machine from New Jersey to Vermont for $350. Wrapped it better than a NIB and helped set it up for me. Couldn't recommend him more.

Is he on pinside?

#11703 11 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I had no luck selling Simpson's or Hook. Next to be listed in the Marketplace are Baywatch and Comet.
I'm not looking for any trades. I have spent thousands on the game room and the family spends most of their time looking at their iPhones.

In my gameroom the charging station is on the other side of the room! Can't look at your phone if it's not within arms reach. *insert meme photo here*

For real there are tons of ways to get us of the younger generation involved in classic pinball. Gotta mix it with the stuff they like, classic arcade games. I've found Galaga has been pretty popular in particular.

My girlfriend actually doesn't like new pinballs. The depth and packed playfields overwhelm her and she gets bothered by the lights. Turns out she likes the classic EMs from the 70's and she's a ridiculously good player at them, better than me. I like some of them, but I wouldn't have any in my gameroom if not for her enthusiasm.

I bring all my friends over and they love the novelty games a lot as well. Slowly I'm easing them into pinhead society!

#11760 11 months ago

Thinking about picking up a player game, doesn’t need to look pretty, can have some wear.
Interested in titles like BBH, or Avatar, are those available around this area and what do they usually run? Like in the 5/10 to 7/10 range if you want to rate it

1 week later
#11802 11 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Thank you for the offer but can’t
It’s a donation and I won’t even own the game after I drop it off
Am trying to give back to the communit but only have so much to spend on this
But I do thank you for the offer

Will you be doing the work on it? A lot of those games don’t last long because nobody does the upkeep

#11838 11 months ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

DE Time Machine (nice) project $1,000 firm.
I have a project TM that will make for a killer player with a little work. Great backglass, good playfield, LEDs throughout. Played great, and now.... Well, doesn't. Game powers up, but no ball is ejected into the shooter lane. Fourth display is out. I haven't troubleshot the issue at all.
Game is located in Watertown MA, and load-up is a breeze. Back right up to the garage, and we can slide it right into the bed of your truck. Cash only as I'm putting the money into updating my boxing ring. I can email/text pics for those that are seriously interested. Any less than a grand, and I'll hold onto it and finish it up in the spring.

Quoted from bluespin:

frunch if you're interested in buying it, shacklersrevenge put it up for sale in the marketplace yesterday.

uhh??!

#11857 11 months ago

Anyone want to buy my GB pro?

Kinda tempted, not gonna lie. As always I'm in the "wish I could swing it right now". Is this your personal or was this the one at the bar downtown?

#11864 11 months ago

This reminds me, probably the wrong thread to ask this in but is there anyone in the Northeast who is great at Data East power supply repairs? This one doesn't seem to be giving enough voltage to the game to power everything at once. Looking to get it repaired instead of replacing it with a new one.

#11869 11 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

There are several people. Marco and PBL also sell a replacement kit for the main connector and pins.
To be honest, I would get a Rottendog and get the old one repaired and keep it on hand. DE PSB’s generally run hot and can have issues.

This one did exactly that. Connectors to the GI got so hot it caught on fire and desoldered the connections right off the board. Game still boots and plays somehow. But when you flip the flippers even with the brand new board they are weak and barely move, and the DMD almost goes out completely. Maybe I do have to get a new one..

1 week later
#11984 10 months ago

ISO an Orbitor 1 cab and backbox! I bought the glass and I have a line on a playfield (though any other leads are appreciated) any and all parts gladly accepted as well as a complete boardset.

#11997 10 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

ISO an Orbitor 1 cab and backbox! I bought the glass and I have a line on a playfield (though any other leads are appreciated) any and all parts gladly accepted as well as a complete boardset.

You guys are incredible! I just picked up my Orbitor 1 cab, big thanks to zacaj for the lead and drgnlair

PLUS my Orbitor 1 backglass + Plexi bubble came in the mail from across the country in only 3 days!! AND IT WAS IN ONE PIECE! I am truly in awe it wasn’t smashed to bits. It has some extra cracks that I didn’t want but to be honest I’m not gonna throw a fit because I highly doubt I’ll ever see a spare Orbitor 1 3D backglass hanging around.

My next big challenge is getting all the mechs to populate a stripped playfield, or finding a populated playfield.
So if anyone knows someone with spare spinning bumpers or the 7-bank drop targets that will be my biggest challenges! I would prefer a populated playfield, because the wire harness is gonna be awful to recreate.

Also I will most likely just build a head, but if someone has a spare Stern Electronics Head, I was told that ANY head will work for this game. So if someone has one, I’m interested!

Thanks again, Pinside has been incredible for me! I mean I literally posted, got leads and had a cab in TWO days!!! That’s insane!

1 week later
#12057 10 months ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Machine - For Sale
Total Nuclear AnnihilationNew!HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Up for sale is a brand new Tna. Wife isnt feeling the theme and brutality so it's time for a change.
Outlanes

Wow really wish I could swing this one!!

#12063 10 months ago

I'm looking for the Stern Electronic's Widebody cabinet hardware. Coindoor, lockdown and everything!

1 month later
#12313 9 months ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

NGG -$3500
Haunted House $2500
Torpedo Alley Project with spare playfields $900
Ads in market place and forum.
Thanks, James

Messaged!

3 weeks later
#12473 8 months ago

Parting out a Secret Service playfield. Most of the plastics are beat up, but mechs are complete. Also have the topper and head with all 5 of those panels that are usually missing.
Have the transistor board too

2 weeks later
#12551 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looking for an upright modern electronic dart board for a buddy. Wants one with all the bells and whistles. Let me know if anybody has one they are looking to get rid of.

I believe that ejacques had one a while ago. He may still.

1 week later
#12604 7 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL. My fingers must have been too cold to type. Sent a pm.

Quoted from tjc02002:

He said in an earlier post “16 feet”.

You both have been on here for over 6 years! Add a damn avatar already!! Use anything! Don’t leave your profile picture as the default

1 week later
#12672 7 months ago

Is there anyone in the New England area who redoes playfields? I’m looking to have some my playfields tocuhed up and clearcoated. Also need inserts levels and such. Some of them I’m doing myself but a few are keepers that I’d like to get a really nice, professional-grade job done.

Mainly I want my Baby Pac to be clearcoated, I don’t want the overlay. I know it’s an odd sized playfield and I’ve met resistance for some reason when I’ve inquired with couple folks.

3 weeks later
#12891 6 months ago

So this is kind of an odd thing to post here, but I have a large, 2 player sit-down Wing Wars arcade game. One side plays just fine, the other needs a cap kit, not totally sure but it seems to turn in and play blind. Haven’t messed with it much, sorts inherited this beast.

Ground floor, located in my arcade currently. You can back right up to the loading bay. Just need a lot of help to move this gigantic monster.

Asking $200. feel free to PM for details

1 week later
#13013 6 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone have a single player head for a 70s willams
Like for Big Ben and in that era
Lmk
Going to Allentown as well
Thanks

https://www.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-heads-needed-heads-available

#13096 6 months ago
Quoted from ejacques:

If zaphod passes....we would probably take this for a Western Mass Pinball club we are trying to get off the ground.

Nice!!! Can I get updates?? You’re close enough that I’d probably be interested haha

#13104 6 months ago

If things work out, I will be looking to sell my Mars Trek.

Players condition, just finished a several-months long shop out. Went though absolutely everything. Plays great, will post a thread soon.

Just curious if there’s interest

2 weeks later
#13237 5 months ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Maybe off topic but have a mid 60s Bally Slot project available if anyone is interested.

What does something like that run?

#13270 5 months ago

Does anyone have a Caveman project for sale? I know it’s a hated game, but I have a bit of a morbid curiosity for it now.

#13313 5 months ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

Hah, just meet me.

Are we gonna start a “Pinside Singles” thread?
Pinside, now sponsored by Match.com

1 week later
#13392 5 months ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Can someone go and save this poor time machine? worcester.craigslist.org link

Looks decent, wonder why it’s a “parts machine”

Probably a case of “it won’t turn on so I junked it”

#13401 5 months ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I’m actually first in line for once! Might be able to sell it to James again, you never know.

Nice snag! When ya getting it?

#13435 4 months ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Yes, but is it IMMACULATE?

IMAMACULATE* Jeez these N00bs are so naïve to the Pinside lingo

#13441 4 months ago
Quoted from Mistermoberg:

Chill homie - sealawyer - ya spelled it wrong dude, I-M-A-M-A-C-U-L-A-T-E.
isochronic_frost was just teasing probably.
Everybody be friends, and make of fun of Pinside’s real unholy grail - the TOTE.

Thanks @mistermoberg!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate

@sealawyer, it’s a joke, the best part of the thread was all the hype of 600 plays making a truly imamaculate game!

3 weeks later
#13612 4 months ago
Quoted from Drain860:

Wanted Paragon

Boy do I know the guys for you. They restored the gorgeous Paragon that sold for 4K at Pinfest. They’re working on another now! If you want a Paragon that is genuinely the nicest out of the entire east coast, I would recommend toastin

1 month later
#13894 84 days ago

Anyone looking to sell a Super Mario Brothers?

Trying to beat me to it?! Decently priced ones are a rarity

3 weeks later
#14181 57 days ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I'd trade it for a solid state game. This Neptune is nice, just trying to get something a little bit more competition friendly for a pinball club that is getting closer and closer to opening every day!

Count me in!!

1 week later
#14257 47 days ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm here, out of all the arcades there is one working pin, GB...with weak flippers. Everything else is out of order.

I don’t visit Fun world or Funa’rama often, Fun world’s Deadpool and Woz are STILL down???

#14269 46 days ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

You couldn't be more wrong. It takes minimal effort. The sad truth is that very few operators are either capable enough, or are willing to put the time in.

Depends on the game and the location. Some games in absolute tanks that will work through anything (90’s Williams) others will break if you look at them wrong, and then some are like fine cars, and require constant supervision or a small issue will quickly and exponentially grow

1 week later
#14355 35 days ago

Locally the large factor Quad Graphix is throwing out a shitton of old PCs from the 90’s and early 2000’s not sure if they’ll “give them away” but you can just hop into the dumpster and have tons of old IBM hardware

2 weeks later
#14483 20 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Just don’t quit the transport like you did pinside the first time
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-leaving-pinside

welp it was a nice ride, I enjoyed the time we had before the inevitable derailment we’re about to have.

#14507 20 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If only I weren't so satisfied with the moderation!

Is there a joke I’m missing?

#14519 18 days ago

Is it possible to buy a Strikes N’ Spares for not over a thousand dollars?? I mean the game as it really isn’t much. It seems to few folks who are selling think it’s a 2k game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Star Wars Premium Out of stock
Operation Pinball
$ 249.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside