6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18,987 posts
  • 929 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 551 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,356 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_163004_(resized).jpg
tmp_5553-20160803_113350-1414929868.jpg
20160801_200751_(resized).jpg
20160802_232803_(resized).jpg
20160802_232233_(resized).jpg
IMG_3895_(resized).JPG
IMG_3877_(resized).JPG
IMG_3878_(resized).JPG
IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11110 2 years ago

Just put my players High Speed up for sale in the Marketplace. Don't really want to see it go but I'm out of space so something's gotta give.....

Archived after 4 days
Sold for $ 1,200
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
High Speed Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished “*UPDATED WITH PICTURES* I have a complete and fully working players High Speed for sale. Love the machine, but I'm out of space to the point where this one has migrated to my Liv...”
2018-08-03
Media, PA
1,200 (OBO)

1 month later
#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

This popped up on Craigslist... someone should check it out, $750 Fish Tales:
albany.craigslist.org link

Image was reused from https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?t=24063

Looks like a scam.

1 year later
#14792 1 year ago

Both my T2 and Scorpion have been posted in the marketplace. Last minute, but I could bring one of these 2 machines to York as well on Friday if pre-sold.

Archived after 10 days
Sold off Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “With a heavy heart, I'm putting the first machine I ever bought on the market:. Terminator 2 This is a players machine. That said, it is 100% working and has been dressed up very...”
2019-10-10
Media, PA

Archived after 17 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Scorpion Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Finally putting my Williams Scorpion on the chopping block. You don't see this one come up too often. 100% fully working. Super clean and plays fast/perfectly. I've shopped it wi...”
2019-10-09
Media, PA

4 months later
#15647 11 months ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Anyone get that players condition Taxi that was posted on Craigslist Sunday for $1000? (near Allentown)
Seemed like a scam, but seller did respond. I was ghosted shortly thereafter.
I suspect someone offered him over asking price and just sold it.
Are there any honorable sellers anymore?

Didn't see this posting specifically, but I've had a couple really lucky finds through Craigslist. When the price is really low, I find it's just about impossible to make a deal (or even get a response) unless the seller provides a contact phone number. Honestly, almost not worth even trying. If you receive 30 email responses from people saying that they'll take it and half of those offer more than asking, I'm sure it's tough to not entertain the higher offer when you see all those responses in your inbox at once.

If I can get them to answer the phone I try to handle everything in one call: get an agreement for the sale/price, a date/time for pickup and their address.
Most people at least seem pretty honorable about sticking to their word once they've agreed.... Or maybe they just don't want upset people they don't know showing up at their house.

But no matter how you slice it, if the price is really low, you gotta be really quick and you have to assume some level of risk that the machine isn't going to be exactly as it's described and be willing to buy it as-is....because while you are trying to get there, the seller has likely had additional interest at or above their asking price and if so, you probably aren't talking them down if it's not in the exact condition you expected.

Last machine I got on CL for a sweet deal: in the 40 minutes I was at the sellers house breaking it down and loading it in my car, the seller had 7 people call saying they'd take it or offering more money. That's just the way it goes these days....

#15650 11 months ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

The first thing that came to mind when I got no 2nd response was that a higher offer came in and he took it.
Fair game if buyer responded before I did.
Dickish move otherwise

As a wise man named Ice-T once said, "Don't hate the playa, hate the game".

2 weeks later
#15818 10 months ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Plenty of people post photos that are just grabbed from the internet. I called and left a message just to see what's up.
Generally speaking, I am so incredibly, and I mean INCREDIBLY mean to scammers that they usually wish they hadn't bothered with me.

Be ready to start receiving phone calls and texts from random numbers......

You'd think if someone just posted that recently and really wants it gone by this weekend that they would answer the phone......

#15822 10 months ago
Quoted from sagejr:

This is a good one. I texted the number, got an immediate call back from someone who said they had 9 machines to sell. They still had the funhouse but wanted 3000. He said he'd take a deposit to hold it because he had a lot of interest in it already. He knew I was into pinball so he offered to sell me all 9 machines real cheap. This is his list of machines to sell..
Iron Man Pro Vault Edition
Stranger Things Pro Edition
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Standard Edition
Star Wars Pro Comic Edition
Black Knight: Sword of Rage Pro Edition by Stern
The Munsters Pro Edition by Stern
Houdini: Master of Mystery by American Pinball
Star Wars Pro by Stern
Pabst Blue Ribbon PBR Pinball Machine New In Box Rare 2016

9 new titles...... And funhouse. Seems totally legit.

They are going to have some serious work to do to get all that out for the realitor in time...

#15831 10 months ago

It's all pretty simple:

1. If the price is too good to be true
And
2. If the image can be looked up and found elsewhere on google and doesn't pertain to the seller or listing
Then
3. Do not call, email or text unless you are using a non-relevant (ie: not really tied to your personal information) email account or phone number.

Even without #2, I leave it alone if the phone number or email seems fishy right off the bat or doesn't match their general location or if they insert details in the ad that emphasize how much they want to get rid of it (like the realtor is coming this weekend type stuff).

#15884 10 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Hidden Gems lol dude this is like a "S" title for shit lol it's not no C or D C'mon now. It's a notch above one of those cardboard pinball games but ya for 400 bucks maybe but IMO it's still a POS game!! That's why I passed...

You must like pinball for looks and not for play. The only thing Bad Girls really suffers from is the art package (pretty much the 80s Gottlieb calling card). That machine is a total shooter....and 2 grand less than EBD.

3 months later
#17086 7 months ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

I see Colson post
I dream it is his vampire
And he sells to me

It is a cool game
Worthy of singing its praise
But Haiku? Really?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 16.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 195.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WOZ - OZ lanes Out of stock
The Art of Pinball
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 81.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside