IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

292 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ForceFlow. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1435 9 years ago

Maybe it would be a good idea ti change your username to avoid the issue...

TacksMan or Tachsman, perhaps? Maybe ManOfTax?

1 month later
#1606 8 years ago

Gottlieb Touchdown project pin for sale in upstate NY:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gottlieb-touchdown-sys80a-project-pin-ny

Only 711 of these were made.

20150423182209822.jpg20150423182209822.jpg 20150423182019865.jpg20150423182019865.jpg 20150422245304479.jpg20150422245304479.jpg 20150421214404774.jpg20150421214404774.jpg
2 weeks later
1 month later
#1969 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That place is worth actually going out of your way for. I have once already this year. Incredible place for a pinhead, although I was depressed by the wet-noodle flippers on IJ last week.

I was there last year. Most of the DMDs had weak flippers that had trouble making a lot of the upper shots. The few EMs I played seemed fine. I was hoping to make a trip there at some point again this year, but hearing that the flipper issue hasn't been remedied is a little discouraging.

#1971 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Aw..c'mon, now. Noodle-y flippers just make it more challenging.

lol

The only time I want anything to be noodly is if it's on a hot plate with sauce.

1 week later
#2020 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I was under the impression people brought their games for the free play area in order to sell them? I'm not sure how many people would just truck their games from their homes for the sole purpose of putting them in the free play area only to bring them home afterward. I might have this completely wrong since I have only gone to one show (Allentown, 2015). Most of the pins there were up for sale. Quite a few of them left the show on the very first day.

Many people do bring games to sell, since it's a good opportunity to do so. However, there are also folks who bring games to simply share with the community.

There are some perks to bringing a game for free play, even if you don't intend to sell one--free admission, early access to deals, meeting other pin owners, etc.

1 month later
#2217 8 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

I am going to be buying a pinball machine for our office in the near future- I'd like to get a used machine, but I have the restriction of only being able to work with a vendor who can take an invoice and work with net 30 terms, so I can't just pay cash like I normally would. Any pointers? I'm guessing things like Automated?

It's probably best to start a new thread on this. It will probably get lost in this FS/WTB thread.

As for Automated, the prices they have had on their restored machines at shows have been crazy high.

3 weeks later
#2451 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Ended at $512. No bargain, given the condition.

Yeah, I was surprised at how high the final bidding went. I guess someone *really* wanted it.

I could've used it help repair the one I have to make one good game and one ok game, but no way I would've gone that high.

1 month later
#2823 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

not mine boston.craigslist.org link

aaaand you just started the feeding frenzy.

#2827 8 years ago

The post has been deleted. I guess someone got them.

2 weeks later
#2986 8 years ago
#3045 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Stand back up
And shake it all about
rd

Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around

1 week later
#3113 8 years ago

[Edit] Sold!

Selling a Williams Laser Ball project pin with a spare unpopulated playfield. I fully intended to fix this one up myself, but I picked up a couple new pins this past week that were on my wishlist and I could use the space.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27709

Easy pick-up, no stairs.

Asking $400, but I'll also take full/partial trades for parts found in my WTB ads, or pretty much any pinball circuit boards (working or not, but free of scorch marks and corrosion).

1 month later
#3470 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballJon:

Not a game, but does anyone know where to purchase the illuminated shooter rods? I'm looking for a red one and I can't find it anywhere.

Doesn't coin taker have them?

1 month later
#3769 8 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

TWDLE for sale (feeler post). Light mods include: translucent vinyl wrapped apron from PinGraffix, mirrored pinblades, blood spatter kit for ramps/flippers, bicycle girl LED mod, well walker pants, C block decal, bloody handprints on glass.
HUO only. 600 or so plays (lost track through updates). Play field is immaculate. Every couple of dozen plays the glass comes off and gets a coat of meguires wax. Balls recently changed/waxed. When it comes to maintaining I become neurotic. The thought of track marks from the ball on the in/out lanes bothers me, lol! Dirt or dust anywhere on the machine bothers me quite frankly. Located in NY, on the east end of Long Island (manorvile).
Looking for best offer. If you make the right offer, I'll be inclined to sell. If not, I'll hold onto it. Personal reasons prompted a possibility of selling. I don't know if best offer is against the rules...if so, mods, Pm me.

Moderator's comment:

You are free to post a "price check" thread in the buying advice forum if you're unsure of pricing.

Once you do have a price in mind, you are encouraged to list on the marketplace first, and then link to it in the regional thread. Including "OBO" or "best offer" along with the starting price in the ad is perfectly acceptable.

That said, these regional for sale threads are grandfathered in and are generally more of a swap meet type of situation. So, as long as it stays casual and doesn't turn into a private auction, we're not going to chase people down for it.

So, at the very least, please consider donating to the site after the game sells in either situation.

#3775 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Thanks for chiming in ForceFlow. We gotta meet up since your a local I haven't met yet.

Yep, I always like meeting folks in the general vicinity

#3778 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That Rudy mod is limiting your market!

It's an easily reversible mod

#3825 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I really like Jacks Open. It burns me with those openings in the lane wires when I go to trap the ball and forces me to pay attention and play differently than I'm use to.

Sinbad / Eye of the Tiger is the same way. And precision shots are necessary, making it even more challenging.

#3827 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Also a Tilt ends the game not the ball.

That's brutal

2 weeks later
#3980 8 years ago

Need to thin the herd--selling a Gottlieb Buck Rogers project pin: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-buck-rogers-gottlieb-1980-project-pin

[edit]: Sold!

3 weeks later
#4340 8 years ago

I have a Judge Dredd playfield I was thinking about selling. I was saving it for a potential restore, but considering I have more than enough projects right now, it's just taking up space and I don't really need it.

It's partially populated--it has most of the ball guides as well as the panel with the cityscape at the rear of the playfield, wood rails, plus a few other minor parts. No paint wear, but two minor problem areas--some minor wear on the lip of the VUK hole under the deadworld planet, and a few dings--the worst on the glove near the flippers. Colors are bright--no fade.

$300 (+$65 if you want it shipped)

I can bring it to Allentown/Pinfest with a deposit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32561

#4399 8 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Is this sold? I sent a PM 4 days and haven't heard anything

I saw someone else express interest earlier in the thread, so it might be gone by this point.

#4496 7 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

wow 10 picks of a C title back glass? Yikes!

I'd rather see 10 detailed, crisp, and clear photos than one low-res blurry photo turned at an angle.

1 month later
#4779 7 years ago

Cleaning out some clutter--various aprons and plastics for sale in the marketplace.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/forceflow/market

Aprons:

*Williams*
Grand Lizard
Super Star (EM)
Unknown White/Green EM

*Gottlieb*
James Bond
Star Race
Panthera
Super Mario Bros
El Dorado City of Gold
Gold wings / Monte Carlo
Robo-War / Victory / Raven
Spring Break / Hollywood Heat
Rack Em Up

*Allied Leisure / Fascination*
Circa 1933
Hearts Spades

-----

Plastics:

*Gottlieb*
Spring Break
Hollywood Heat
Tee'd Off
Rock
Amazon Hunt
Rack Em Up
Jacks to Open

*Gottlieb EM*
Rack-A-Ball
Royal Flush
Pop-A-Card / Drop-A-Card

*Bally*
Supersonic
Viking

*Wico*
Af-Tor

*Promo Plastics*
Williams Comet
Sega Viper Night Drivin'

20160515143935388_(resized).jpg20160515143935388_(resized).jpg
20160515125846173_(resized).jpg20160515125846173_(resized).jpg
20160430212706879_(resized).jpg20160430212706879_(resized).jpg
20160430174133027_(resized).jpg20160430174133027_(resized).jpg

#4797 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Players EBD LE w/new Altec board $800

I'm sure that won't last long...haven't seen one of these up for sale in the area in a while.

#4802 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I've got the exact doorbell credit button on my Bally ST. Most of been an option from Bally at the time.

I've seen that exact button more than once as well.

I'm guessing games with those particular buttons may have been from the same repair guy/business selling games for home use.

1 week later
#4891 7 years ago

Still available: Two Gottlieb "The Games" project machines with a spare playfield:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-project-games-two-gottlieb-the-games-spare-playfield

20160530205211793_(resized).jpg20160530205211793_(resized).jpg

20160530205129703_(resized).jpg20160530205129703_(resized).jpg

#4907 7 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

How about this rock bottom price. 450 takes them both. I won't go a cent lower!

Wish I had the space!

#4947 7 years ago

Two working project Gottlieb "The Games" pins, plus a spare populated playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-project-games-two-gottlieb-the-games-spare-playfield

Quick gameplay videos of each one:

1 month later
#5262 7 years ago

My dynomite is back on the market. $800 OBO.

If you need assistance with any problems that surface while you own it, I would be perfectly willing to help troubleshoot and offer suggestions as best as I am able, since I spent a lot of time going through this machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36602

#5265 7 years ago

Fire sale on aprons and plastics - offers welcome

Aprons: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36724

Plastics: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36728

I'm looking to clear out some space.

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

dcb0c469234c65abed76ee9f70959ac9644d0ccc_(resized).jpgdcb0c469234c65abed76ee9f70959ac9644d0ccc_(resized).jpg

e2fc0a23944598440a441b8674c1d571ae4daaa1_(resized).jpge2fc0a23944598440a441b8674c1d571ae4daaa1_(resized).jpg

a0fafcd3f22e397a10e0c58249c6ede1daa5ebfc_(resized).jpga0fafcd3f22e397a10e0c58249c6ede1daa5ebfc_(resized).jpg

#5275 7 years ago

Two Gottlieb "The Games" working projects and a spare playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-2-gottlieb-the-games-working-projects-spare-playfield

Both games are working projects. All the boards and displays in the backbox appear to be in working order.

Both backglasses have been sealed with triple thick.

In game 1:
-The power cord has been replaced
-The cabinet has been vacuumed and cleaned
-The coin door has been disassembled, repainted, and reinstalled
-The power supply has been rebuilt and grounding wire modification added.
-Faulty chips on the MPU & displays have been socketed and replaced.
-Faulty pop bumper boards have been replaced.
-Connectors in the backbox have been repinned.
-New metal lift channel for backglass (from gatecrasher)

I can also include a set of 4 pop bumper caps, stand-up target faces, plastic flipper bats, a set of rubbers, and a spare power supply.

#5276 7 years ago

Allied Leisure Dyn 'O Mite - refurbished and fully working. It was at Pintastic and didn't have a single problem the entire time it was there.

It is one of the first solid state games that was ever produced, which preceeded anything produced by Williams, Bally, Stern, and Gottlieb.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pintastic-dyn-o-mite-allied-leisure-1975

If you need assistance with any problems that surface while you own this machine, I would be willing to help troubleshoot or offer suggestions as best as I am able, since I spent a lot of time going through this machine and am reasonably familiar with it.

b195cd3dbc8377502fc4108fde98845d8946a45e_(resized).jpgb195cd3dbc8377502fc4108fde98845d8946a45e_(resized).jpg

d6e61df4d624a909adecd354c2f49abcc1203b41_(resized).jpgd6e61df4d624a909adecd354c2f49abcc1203b41_(resized).jpg

#5281 7 years ago

Mostly populated Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard playfield:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cue-ball-wizard-mostly-populated-playfield

4f6705621fe1e0d23493f7d7ae20e2fa592c92f5_(resized).jpg4f6705621fe1e0d23493f7d7ae20e2fa592c92f5_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#5375 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Just picked up a Full Throttle, and it looks like it's going to be a short-lived love affair. I fell in love with the game on location, but doesn't have the same magic in my collection that I thought it might.
Got it for $6,100 and letting it go for $6,000. I'd prefer cash, but am open to trades. The trades would have to be lateral or down plus cash. If I'm trading down, I'm only looking for newer Stern Pros and desirable BW titles. Not looking to add anything for the sake of adding something.
The game has like 200 plays, is HUO, and is in absolutely pristine condition. It also comes with the 27 inch screen.
PM for pics and further info (don't want to clutter the thread).

Moderator's comment: Be sure to put up an ad in the marketplace, and not just list it here. Thanks

#5377 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Does this rule only apply to me? I mean, I don't mind starting an ad as well, but literally all three post before mine are listed exactly as I listed mine (games FS/FT, no accompanying ads).
Again, not looking to step on any toes and all that, just wondering what about my post stood out beyond the others?

No, it applies (or should apply) to everyone. Your post stood out while I was scrolling through because of the "PM for pics/details".

So let me add to this since there hasn't been a reminder in a while--for anyone listing anything for sale, please also list it in the marketplace. Thanks

Once you do that, in addition to the blurb and a couple photos in your post in the regional thread, you can just copy & paste the link for the listing with all the additional details and photos.

#5381 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pretty sure it was stated a while back by Robin that this section was grandfathered regarding that.

Grandfathered so that the regional threads would continue--he still would like everyone to add their parts/games to the marketplace. It helps keep things a bit more organized, keeps a record of pricing for the estimate price ranges on the game splash pages, and of course, helps keeps the lights on through donations.

#5389 7 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Is it against the rules to offer a pin for trade without posting it in the marketplace?

Anything for trade or for sale should go into the marketplace--the most amount of exposure you can get for the game certainly won't hurt. You're always welcome to link to the ad and discuss it in regional threads.

#5404 7 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I agree. There is now a sellers fee on games in the marketplace, and I can't list a game here without an ad in the market place I will just stop posting games here entirely.

The fees have been in place almost a year now, I think.

They aren't unreasonable, especially if you've donated something in the past year.

For example, if you're selling a system 80 game, most fall into the tier 1 category, making it only $3.75. A coffee at Starbucks is more than that.

On the other hand, I usually have to figure about a 15% fee for selling on ebay these days, so selling something here to another pinsider is a better deal for me (and the buyer). I'd rather see a small fee go to something I enjoy and support, rather than fork over a tidy sum to the behemuth that is ebay.

Then there's craigslist where each new email is its own adventure.

2016-07-27_01.13.23_(resized).png2016-07-27_01.13.23_(resized).png

#5412 7 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I love craigslist as much as taxman loves beezlebob. So looks like that's where my games will be headed!

Sorry to hear, that's unfortunate. I've always enjoyed seeing the varied parade of titles you seem to dig up and offer for fair prices.

#5413 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Just curios but what if you only want to trade a game? How do the rules/ fees apply?

I'm not sure actually. It looks like the same fees might apply.

#5431 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Didn't we have this exact discussion about the sale threads 10 pages ago?

Pretty much. I'm not sure why it's such a shock.

Quoted from acedanger:

I design sites... & update them. For a site like this it doesn't take too much $$$ to host & make small updates.

There's a big difference between a stock wordpress site with a default template and this one with all sorts of interesting features that can't be found anywhere else.

Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

Just to play devil's advocate here. What's to prevent another person from linking to these craiglist ads? There are several threads for Craigslist finds, and those doesn't have to pay a fee.

Just someone's integrity, I imagine.

#5435 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

People who know me know I never sell. When I used to I would only sell local cash and carry anyway.
But as an old timer who does not have PayPal or ever do much in the way of e-commerce - How do you pay fees?

Credit or debit cards can be used. If you don't have either of those...I'm not sure. Robin may have to answer that one.

#5437 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

From a quick rummage through other regional threads, it looks like we are the test region for this, or at least the test region for enforcing it. I didn't see any mention of it in the other threads.
It isn't that I have an issue with rule changes, it is that it needs to be enforced the same across the board or it feels capricious.

Other regional threads have gotten reminders before. It's just a couple of ads in this thread stood out for not being in the marketplace, so a reminder seemed appropriate.

#5444 7 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

How would posting someone else's Craigslist ad on this or any thread have something to do with integrity? If someone other than myself, friend or not, posts an ad on Craigslist why couldn't one post it here?

I originally read the earlier comment as someone posting a game to CL, then linking to their own CL ad here. Reading it again, I see that I misread it. So, no, there's no rule against posting links to random CL ads.

#5450 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Is there a place on the forums or pinside that describes how to tell a what tier a game is and what about when it is a trade situation? I have no issue chipping a little back to use the site for all the info I get from it. I just like to know all the rules an policies so that I can stay inside the rules.

Currently, trades are treated the same as games for sale.

As for the question about tiers, I'll have to defer to Robin for that one. He should have a post up in the next day or so with more details about the marketplace and the questions that have come up.

#5454 7 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Call me cheap, but most times I cut my prices to the rock bottom point when I sell them here. I don't feel like dropping another 20 bucks on average a game.

The fees for lower value games are $2.50-$3.75. It doesn't get up to the $20 fee range until you hit around the $5000 mark or so.

#5530 7 years ago

Looking to clear some space....I have various parts for sale in the marketplace.

A bunch of aprons, a bunch of plastics, cue ball wizard parts & playfield

Allied Leisure Dyn 'O Mite is also available--Fully working and refurbished.

#5565 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Yep. Thumb me down. What I don't understand is why people don't mind their business. These games are as nice as you will find and they have all been bulletproofed extensively, costing as much as a thousand dollars. You go buy some piece of junk fixer upper. Especially the vectors. Then when you never getting working you'll realize that quality costs money

Vid prices probably aren't as familiar as pin prices around here. Heck, you can't get a ms pacman for $100 anymore.

#5567 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Well, he keeps calling me out for some reason, but..
Crusin' USA, a single unit? There's two for sale over on KLOV for $500. I didn't vote anyone down. Was just making fun of the prices, and thinking I should list my Rush the Rock for about that much if they sell.

Well, I don't know vid prices either

But, those are well above what I would be willing to spend on vids anyway. However, someone else might be interested. Who knows.

#5570 7 years ago

100% what's always been wrong with pinside. Price police. Especially from those that are all jelly.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the free bumps.

#5575 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

BTW, I thought the game "Tier" was based on price - but for some reason I can't find the post that had them all listed out. Dunno if that was changed now.

I'm not exactly sure how it's calculated. Robin would be the one who could answer that.

#5576 7 years ago

Prices justified - this guy got good money and 20 people wanting his game and it didn't work. Mines all rebuilt in excellent condition so I know my price is good. Plus do you guys know the concept of pricing and negotiating? That what happened on the DIscs of Tron and we were both happy.

Same thing with pins. Certain titles fetch a lot of interest when they surface.

Course, anything Star Wars is going to be more desirable just because it's Star Wars.

#5604 7 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Please ask Robin to chime in on this thread. We need the pricing structure laid out and if it applies to this thread just so we can get back to selling here. Thanks

An explanation of the pricing tiers is now available:

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/about-pinside-pricing

#5605 7 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Here is an Allied Leisure Dyn 'O Mite for sale (also written as Dynomite). This is one of the first solid state games ever produced and it preceded any of the electronic games manu...”
2016-07-08
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 37 days
Viewed: 1967 times
Contributed to Pinside

Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “*Williams* Grand Lizard Super Star (EM) Star Pool White/Pink/Green (EM) *Gottlieb* James Bond Panthera Gold wings / Monte Carlo Robo-War / Victory / Raven Spring Break / Hollywood...”
2016-08-22
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1895 times

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “*Gottlieb* Spring Break Rock Amazon Hunt Rack Em Up Jacks to Open *Wico* Af-Tor (Since I'm getting a lot of PMs about this one, please note--I know nothing about Wico games, where...”
2016-08-22
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 1372 times

#5611 7 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Nice Cue Ball Wizard Playfield. Minimal wear. Some paint loss under plastic posts, but that would be hidden by new posts. Additional photos in discussion thread. Wood rails, wire...”
2016-09-09
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 454 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5650 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Hello,
I asking for some vender help. I purchased a Deta East Simpsons pinball. I have been looking websites to purchase replacement parts. Is there a vendor list in the forum?
Next weekend I'm picking up South Park in CT.
Thank you

Here's a starting point: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_Parts_Suppliers

#5652 7 years ago

Ok, it looks like I'm losing some of my storage space , so this pin has to go by Saturday! Help a feller out and find this pin a new home

For anyone who might want to drive a fair distance for this, I would be willing to meet somewhere around Albany. Easy access if you're driving on I-90 or I-87.

All the new caps alone ended up being about $100 (mainly because of the giant sized computer-grade caps which will last a lifetime).

Easily $300+ worth of new and NOS parts, connector pins, and new electronic components.

The new playfield glass was $30.

Includes all the schematics, the manual, operation guide, spare boards, and a spare display.

Whomever grabs this will be getting an incredible bargain. It's a historically significant game--one of the earliest digital scoring games ever produced that easily marked the most dramatic shift in pinball!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pintastic-dyn-o-mite-allied-leisure-1975

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Here is an Allied Leisure Dyn 'O Mite for sale (also written as Dynomite). This is one of the first solid state games ever produced and it preceded any of the electronic games manu...”
2016-07-08
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 37 days
Viewed: 1967 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#5739 7 years ago

Well, I have a box of aprons for sale

Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “*Williams* Grand Lizard Super Star (EM) Star Pool White/Pink/Green (EM) *Gottlieb* James Bond Panthera Gold wings / Monte Carlo Robo-War / Victory / Raven Spring Break / Hollywood...”
2016-08-22
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 1895 times

And a box of plastics:

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “*Gottlieb* Spring Break Rock Amazon Hunt Rack Em Up Jacks to Open *Wico* Af-Tor (Since I'm getting a lot of PMs about this one, please note--I know nothing about Wico games, where...”
2016-08-22
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 1372 times

#5742 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

I noticed many of the other regional sub forums have pictures being allowed. What happened to this one, I can't post any? Yes I could probably scroll back a few pages... Somebody abusing the photos?

The rules for regional threads were updated recently.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ad-rules-on-the-pinside-forum-1

#5756 7 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I imported skull plastics from Europe since mine were broken. I figured a few folks could use them on their games as well since these are often broken, so I included a couple of ex...”
2016-08-18
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 136 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5766 7 years ago

I miscounted earlier, so I have one more set available:

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I imported skull plastics from Europe since mine were broken. I figured a few folks could use them on their games as well since these are often broken, so I included a couple of ex...”
2016-08-19
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 169 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5843 7 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Nice Cue Ball Wizard Playfield. Minimal wear. Some paint loss under plastic posts, but that would be hidden by new posts. Additional photos in discussion thread. Wood rails, wire...”
2016-09-09
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 454 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#6186 7 years ago

The box 'o aprons is still available.

Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “These are taking up space and I'm tired of looking at them. So, I'm throwing these up for grabs--for free! If you pick them up, or can meet somewhere nearby, they're yours. If yo...”
2016-12-27
Ballston Spa, NY
0 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 851 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6200 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody wants any of these games.

Nobody who has $4k+ WPC games.

For those of us who don't, these lower-cost DMD games are much more affordable if we want a DMD game.

2 weeks later
#6386 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I could use one too. Had to carve one out of wood As far as I know, replacements aren't available anywhere

What size is that ball supposed to be?

Edit: looks like it might be a 3/4" red nylon ball.

Maybe these and dye it? http://www.usplastic.com/mobile/item.aspx?itemid=23941

3 weeks later
#6556 7 years ago
Quoted from aldo:

Anyone in New England paint cabinets??

I remember seeing a booth for these guys at Pintastic in July:

https://www.facebook.com/Preservation-Pinball-and-Paint-383113651705319/

#6577 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

What's WPC95?? I have a Spy Hunter backbox, no door.............

It's the game system.

Here is a list of WPC-95 games:
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#WPC-95_CPU

Spy hunter is a Bally -35 game.

1 week later
#6639 7 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “These are taking up space and I'm tired of looking at them. So, I'm throwing these up for grabs--for free! If you pick them up, or can meet somewhere nearby, they're yours. If yo...”
2016-12-27
Ballston Spa, NY
0 (OBO)
Viewed: 851 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6664 7 years ago

Parts - For Trade
Used, good condition - “I have a spare empty black cabinet for a Viza War. If you need one, I don't imagine you would ever find another one. It's pretty much just the lower cabinet down to the bare wo...”
2017-01-17
Ballston Spa, NY
Trade
Archived after: 50 days
Viewed: 516 times

#6683 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Anyone have an X-files they want to sell? I'm looking for an X-mas gift for a family member. I'm in Connecticut.

Just saw one pop up in PA today: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#6800 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

When I've listed games in here, the info I've gotten from Mods when they removed the info was that any game under $1500 can be listed or "referenced" without a problem (of course now minus photos). It might even be up to $2k, don't remember off the top of my head.

As a compromise for the regional threads, Robin indicated that under $3k, and you can post in a regional thread without an accompanying marketplace ad, but if you want to post photos, you'll have to list it in the marketplace.

#6803 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

That actually sounds like a fantastic compromise.
Can we say "PM for pics" for games under $3,000?

That's fine. Even if you didn't outright say it, I'm sure folks who were interested would still PM for pics anyway.

In any case, the idea was still to encourage everyone to list games in the marketplace to help keep things organized, easier to find, offer individual discussion threads for each game, and help collect pricing data that everyone can refer to.

3 weeks later
#6968 7 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Bally lamp boards currently available: -Four AS-2518-14, Rev 2 -Two AS-2518-23, Rev 1 All the header pins have been replaced with brand news ones--no more mangled or corroded head...”
2017-04-08
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 740 times
Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “A Playfield from a 1978 Viza War pinball machine. Large head-to-head two-player cocktail game. The playfield features artwork from Frank Frazetta's painting "The Beserker". Very ...”
2017-01-10
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 264 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Trade
Used, good condition - “I have a spare empty black cabinet for a Viza War. If you need one, I don't imagine you would ever find another one. It's pretty much just the lower cabinet down to the bare wo...”
2017-01-17
Ballston Spa, NY
Trade
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I managed to acquire a duplicate of the Bally 1987 parts catalog, so I'm offering this one up for sale. The cover has some water damage, and a few pages were grazed by some water ...”
2017-02-26
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 34 days
Viewed: 151 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 weeks later
#7102 7 years ago

Trying to clear some space.

Parts - For Trade
2017-01-17
Ballston Spa, NY
Trade

2 weeks later
#7231 7 years ago

Gabe might end up bringing to Pinstanstic, so you may get a chance to play it anyway

1 month later
#7495 6 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Here is a fully working Bally Brown Box Display Tester. This will test 6-digit Bally and Stern displays. It has also been modified to be able to test 7-digit Bally and Stern displ...”
2017-04-04
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 225 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#7860 6 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I have a spare empty backbox for Rescue 911. It's not mint, but it's decent, and might be a better option than what someone else currently has. Some wear and chipping on the corn...”
2017-08-09
Ballston Spa, NY
0 (OBO)
Viewed: 351 times

#7873 6 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

1980 Eight Ball Deluxe. Was restored ~8 years ago. Very nice. Asking 3200 or BO or trade. Shoot me an offer.
http://neacf.com/mb/index.php?topic=11503.0

The link is inaccessible to non-members of that site.

1 month later
#8052 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm all about asking and it does never hurt...but wow. That's 3 tough titles to find. I sold my Pharaoh last year, and I still tear up at least once a week when I walk into my gameroom. Well, that's dramatic, but I definitely regret it. Took quite a while to find one.

Interestingly enough, I've seen more cosmic gunfights for sale than pharaoh and barracora combined.

#8056 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Please point me to a Cosmic Gunfight if you find one. I've been looking for a while.

There was one listed in PA about a month ago for $2k. I think it sold almost immediately.

I've seen two or three at Allentown the last few years in the $1500-$2500 price range.

#8058 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Seen 3 different Pharoahs on CL and a few on eBay in the last couple years. Picked mine up off CL but had to drive 4 hours to get it.

Same here--mine was a CL find as well. Heck, most of my pins were CL finds.

2 weeks later
#8168 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

newyork.craigslist.org link
Straight Flush supposedly mint.
Nj
$500

Someone repainted the cabinet black

1 week later
#8265 6 years ago

I'm looking to pick up a couple of inexpensive (under $1500) working & shopped electronic games to add to the line-up for the Saratoga Pinball Show in a couple weeks. If you have something available, but can't make it to the show yourself, let me know

1 week later
#8330 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Wasn't that Mirco?

Yep. There are also different versions where one had pink instead of red down near the bottom of the playfield.

#8332 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs minor work - “Here is a 1969 Williams Set Up. Only 225 produced! It's a 1 player EM add-a-ball game. Has a bell and one chime. Mostly working project. The game starts, plays the correct number ...”
2017-08-03
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 883 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8359 6 years ago

Other - For Sale
“Just pulled from a location today--an Atari Crystal Castles converted to Tetris. I'm am not sure of its status at the moment; assume not working. The black repaint job is flaking...”
2017-08-09
Saratoga Springs, NY
200 (OBO)
Viewed: 108 times

Other - For Sale
“Just pulled from a location today--an Atari Millipede I'm not sure of its status at the moment; assume not working. The power cord was pulled out. Has keys and coin bin. Missing ...”
2017-08-09
Saratoga Springs, NY
200 (OBO)
Viewed: 89 times

Will be at the Saratoga Pinball Show flea market this Saturday.

1 week later
#8410 6 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Players Dredd for $1,800 firm.
boston.craigslist.org link

Looks like it has been bumped up to $2k.

#8413 6 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Um, no. That's the "I have to deal with Craigslist knuckleheads price." You guys are a cool, so it's $1,800 for the Pinside crew.

Ah, it wasn't clear that it was yours.

#8428 6 years ago
Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

Looking for a skeeball machine with the 100 pockets. Offering a finders fee if someone can help me find one

Not cheap, but one just popped up today:

newyork.craigslist.org link

#8462 6 years ago

Normally, the idea is when you try to sell something, make it as easy or enticing as possible for a potential buyer to buy that item. If you make them do some legwork (ie, extra clicks), they are more likely to go after something else (ie, lowest hanging fruit) instead.

But, if someone is ambivalent towards the prospect of selling a game, then I can see how they wouldn't put much effort into attracting buyers.

#8464 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Agreed, but when some buyers are not good enough . . .

Well, I kind of get it though. When I sell a game, and after spending dozens of hours working on it, I'd kind of like to know if they plan on feeding it through a wood chipper or not.

1 week later
#8567 6 years ago

Price lowered, need to clear some space:

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs minor work - “Here is a 1969 Williams Set Up. Only 225 produced! It's a 1 player EM add-a-ball game. Has a bell and one chime. Mostly working project. The game starts, plays the correct number ...”
2017-08-03
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 883 times
Contributed to Pinside

3 weeks later
#8721 6 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I have a cool SNET phone booth. No phone. Working light and fan. 250 for a pinsider.

Perfect for those quick costume changes

#8776 6 years ago

Does anyone have a line on an Atari Time 2000 project or cabinet? This is the last game I was looking for in order to complete my collection of Atari games.

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for an Atari Time 2000 project, or a cabinet to turn into a complete game. I have all the other Atari games--this is the last game I was looking for in order to complete m...”
2017-08-23
Ballston Spa, NY
Wanted
Viewed: 98 times

#8781 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

last Thursday I asked an estate company what two pin titles they had at their Akron, OH sale. One was Time 2000.

Thanks for the heads up. Wish I was closer--I don't think I could physically do an 8 hr drive each way, unfortunately. Looks like the estate sale ended today too... I wonder if they still have it.

#8786 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If they still have it, and you can find a Pinsider in Akron that can help, you could ship via Fastenal for probably $150-175. If they still have it, pm me for info on Fastenal 3pl

Well, I sent them an email last night to see if they still had it. I kind of think it would've been scooped up by a local collector, though.

2 weeks later
#8869 6 years ago

I'm starting to clear out a stash of parts that I probably won't be using in any winter projects.

Check my marketplace listings--a handful of plastic ramps, Alvin G MPUs, refurbished classic bally & stern lamp boards, Sonic shooter housing, Gottlieb Genesis robot figure, R911 wireform, R911 ball lift assembly.

I'll be listing a handful of more items as well, as I sort through a few more boxes throughout the week.

If you pick-up locally, I'll knock off the shipping costs.

#8885 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I have seen that ad, they fellow reached out to me.
However I'm hoping there maybe be another out there a little closer... wasn't looking too forward to driving out to buffalo

This is the first time I've seen one pop up in the northeast. It's a rare game, so if you really want one, you may have to drive pretty far to find one.

#8889 6 years ago

Hm... okay, if I buy it will you come and play it?
My only concern is that in a collection of only a few games, it may get old very fast... but the cool factor is very high

Definitely--I have not yet had a chance to play one of these yet

You're right though--from what I've heard, this title does get stale after a while since it's basically a novelty game.

#8934 6 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Playfield: used, but very nice shape. No insert wear. A little wear in the judge hole. A nick in the paint on the right glove near the flippers. A light ball trail around the loop ...”
2017-12-18
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 706 times

#8978 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Might also move an Allied Leisure Rock On that I picked up recently. If anyone's interested, let me know. It's not booting fully just yet, and I was able to grab a second complete board set from a guy out west still in the box. Haven't had time to tinker with it, and I'm not all that familiar with AL games. It's a rare one and in great shape...HUO and altered for home use right out of the factory. Jay from IPDB was all over me for info on it. He added all the pics I sent to IPDB. I'd take $850 obo for it, including all of the extra boards.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5092

Some good info on pinwiki for folks not familiar with this game system:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=ALI/Fascination_Repair

#8994 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Got a game with one of the foot threads seized so the game is unable to be properly leveled.

Try giving the threads a really good soak with wd-40.

#8997 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I stick em in a vice and hit them with a blowtorch if the PB doesn't manage it

If the leg is painted, that approach may harm the paint.

#9022 6 years ago

This time of the year, space is usually an issue. I've seen a lot of good deals pop up this month that I've had to pass on

#9071 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I've been looking for a mortal kombat arcade but have not seen any for sale local. There are a couple for sale in N.Y.

How local? You may have to drive to grab one. I see them pop up a handful of times throughout the northeast every year.

2 weeks later
#9257 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

they multiplied

Not yet, but they could soon if he doesn't get rid of one fast enough

#9300 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Price drop $1900 OBO let's get 'er outta here!

Don't tempt me!

2 weeks later
#9471 6 years ago

Fake/scam alert for a craiglist ad for a TAF in PA for $2500. The photos were stolen from a distributor's site.

poconos.craigslist.org link

Photo cached here from orange county pinballs:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.wixstatic.com/media/675e6d_a0f02bebb1b541f4b4a8a88d12cc2423~mv2_d_1200_1600_s_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_1200,h_1600,al_c,q_90/file.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/product-page/addams-family-pinball-by-bally&h=1600&w=1200&tbnid=gAPrzxdy7VOQ7M&tbnh=259&tbnw=194&usg=__GdOdyrL8NMkn1IRwU3X6z3Vms30=&docid=550zjvZ--iLZTM

The ad included this text: "Mint condition, never been abused, home play only.Everything works perfect, doesnt need anything, no marks or dents, cleaned and waxed."

An AFM ad popped up for $3500 recently as well, but that one was flagged down.

I'd be wary of top 10 games on craigslist with below market prices in the northeast.

#9472 6 years ago

I've got a bunch of parts for sale in the marketplace:

Stern VSU-100 speech boards, JD playfield & topper, R911 playfield parts, various plastics, Goldeneye ramp, Gladiators ramps, refurbished classic Bally & Stern lamp boards, Sonic shooter housing

#9477 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

This is why I don’t even LOOK at Craigslist.

Probably 60% of my games come from CL

#9484 6 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Heck for a 2500 Addams, I'll drive to the poconos, pick them up from the hospital when they get released and bring them home.
I saw an ad last week for a "Dirty Hairy" (LOL) on CL here in CT for $2K. I inquired but did not get a reply....
hartford.craigslist.org link

Another fake ad. The images turn up elsewhere.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dirty+harry+pinball+machine&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSlQEJYKAWPE-eoeYaiQELEKjU2AQaAggVDAsQsIynCBpiCmAIAxIo_1QzdDKYY4QyADZsM_1wzfDKYM_1gzSNdE1rjPeJ9Q13iaqM7EhqDOvMxow4P8Z6RuJWmxBARMhVU9XqgOiL8iBvbhtLrJiVQh5KDSfI7k2ZX-rvDP63qxh1yOOIAQMCxCOrv4IGgoKCAgBEgQRZk6yDA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3yPPPnPHXAhUC5BoKHWaQAOoQ2A4IJygB&biw=1280&bih=928#imgrc=2MAao02n_rVwcM:

#9486 6 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

So sick of the same scam being played when listing an item for sale.

They use the same scams because they worked on somebody.

We're seeing more of them in the pinball world these days because of the money that gets thrown around and the large influx of new enthusiasts who might not be able to readily identify a scam. So, a scammer's potential success pool is much more significant now than compared to years ago.

3 weeks later
#9651 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Sinbad project Archived
As is - “This is a restorable project. Have not booted it up yet, so it's as-is. All the displays and original boards are there. The MPU has a little battery damage, but it's fairly minor....”
2018-02-10
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 1223 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 weeks later
#9766 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

I see all these for sale ads from pinsiders in VA. How long has Virginia been considered northeast?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_United_States

1 week later
#9834 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Can somebody PLEASE buy those fn skis that keep coming up on CL??

After the first 5 times in a row they popped up, I started flagging them.

#9836 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

And the freaking marx toy + gumball machine...

And that wooden baseball game, lol

#9844 6 years ago

How about that F-14 in VT for $3495 that has been perpetually listed for ages?

I actually messaged the guy and tried to talk to him. He seemed receptive, and seemed interested in moving the game along. But a few weeks later--bam--relisted with the same price and photos

#9845 6 years ago

Anyone remember the $1400 6 Million Dollar Man on downstate CL for years?

Isn't it still being posted occasionally? I thought I saw it recently.

3 weeks later
#9999 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Sinbad project Archived
As is - “This is a restorable project. Have not booted it up yet, so it's as-is. All the displays and original boards are there. The MPU has a little battery damage, but it's fairly minor....”
2018-02-10
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 1223 times
Contributed to Pinside

Still available. I've had some interest, but it hasn't been picked up by anyone yet.

3 weeks later
#10264 6 years ago

I usually don't bother with estate sales.

1) The prices are usually high, and they won't tell you ahead of time what the price will be.
2) There's usually a fair amount of local competition, so there's no guarantee that I will actually end up with the game.
3) Estate sales with pins usually happen 2-3 hours away from me, so because of reason 1 & 2, it's not really worth my time.

1 week later
#10314 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Cant wait til this damn snow is gone. Keep missing stuff.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these pinheads from the swift completion of their pick-up rounds.

1 month later
#10601 5 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Who grabbed the Hurricane on Boston Craigslist yesterday for $1200? I was 20 minutes in with an email because there was no phone number listed.

20 minutes is often too late

#10640 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Two Lectronamo project machines. The playfields have some wear, and the cabinets have some dings & scrapes and a few rough spots, but they're solid. Both games are untested and...”
2018-05-09
Saratoga Springs, NY
Viewed: 463 times
Contributed to Pinside

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Fish tales apron with wire rails and shooter lane cover. $22 for shipping.”
2018-12-09
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 494 times
Contributed to Pinside

#10685 5 years ago

Price drop.

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Two Lectronamo project machines. The playfields have some wear, and the cabinets have some dings & scrapes and a few rough spots, but they're solid. Both games are untested and...”
2018-05-09
Saratoga Springs, NY
Viewed: 463 times
Contributed to Pinside

#10687 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Still willing to take these at pintastic...

I was hoping not to have to wait that long. I need to clear some floor space.

If you can't pick it all up in one trip, I'd be willing to coordinate two trips.

1 week later
#10721 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Did the embedded ads go bananas, or is it just my browser? I'm seeing Apple logos in Tee'd off posts and everything else seems to be the BG for FH.

Try clearing your browser cache. Sounds like something went haywire.

[edit]: Hm, looks like it is an issue on the site. I'm using the beta version of the site, and it looked correct there. Thanks for pointing it out.

[edit 2]: Should be fixed now

2 months later
#11088 5 years ago

For anyone looking to buy or sell, in just a few days on Aug 10 & 11, the Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show is taking place in Saratoga Springs, NY!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-saratoga-pinball-arcade-show-aug-10-11-saratoga-springs-ny/

https://pinballsaratoga.com

2 weeks later
#11266 5 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Who had the evel knievel for sale with CPR playfield in Saratoga NY? PM me.

docquest

#11305 5 years ago

Brand new widebody playfield glass for wpc, classic bally, and gottlieb system 80/80A.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I have a few sheets of brand new tempered widebody playfield glass available. Classic Bally: 27-1/2" x 43 Quantity available: 5 Embryon, Future Spa, Hotdoggin, Paragon, Space Inv...”
2020-01-04
Saratoga Springs, NY
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 677 times

#11351 5 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I replied immediately, but I’m nearly certain it was a scam based on the pics. I was willing to roll the dice for the price though!

It seemed odd that the lineup changed from photo to photo. But, I responded anyway. Got a reply that someone else had put down a deposit. I don't think a scammer necessarily would have replied with a message like that.

#11450 5 years ago

It's not pinball, but does anyone have any interest in a Golden Tee 99 for pick up in Lake George, NY? Green cabinet version.

It's a cheap non-working project. The owner wants it gone pretty quickly. The game stopped working a few months back, though the owner wasn't able to give many details. I'm assuming the monitor is working, and has a problem with the board or power supply.

PM if interested, otherwise it will probably end up in a landfill soon. I'd take it just to save it, but I don't have room for a cabinet that size right now.

1 week later
#11502 5 years ago

Yeah I blew it off immediately. LEDs were a dead give away. Then when you read the ad they are encouraging you to call after 10pm. Someone set up that ad as a prank so someone else gets a shit load of calls in the middle of the night.

The TZ cab on the left side of the photo seemed suspect as well.

Quoted from eabundy:

I did a little digging, and it seems someone is trying to get even with a home contractor. Google search the number attached to the ad, and you will find a scam report https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dt-hurley-general-carpentry/albany-new-york-12208/dt-hurley-general-carpentry-dennis-hurley-general-carpentry-dennis-hurley-home-improvement-687678
Also a link to their facebook page for the same contractor. https://www.facebook.com/JDTHurley/

It's certainly a creative way to go about taking revenge out on someone.

#11540 5 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

It's also a great way to get arrested and face felony charges for identity theft

As far as I'm aware, a prank like this might be considered misdemeanor harassment if it goes far enough, especially if it's repeated harassment. I've never heard of anything like that considered identity theft or a felony. The only thing that is being posted is a phone number, and that is public information. No names, addresses, social security numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, or anything else that could be used for establishing an identity were posted or abused.

#11558 5 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Wanna bet your collection on it?

I have nothing to gain from a ridiculous bet like that.

Quoted from ryandimx:

Unless you plea bargain, then that's absolutely what posting someone elses phone number is.

Identity theft, no. Harassment, yes.

Depending on how severe the crowd-sourced harassment is and the jurisdiction, the prankster could get off with a warning, community service, or perhaps something much more severe (fines, and perhaps some time in county jail). However, in this case, a prank for-sale ad with someone else's number doesn't rank very high. If harassment escalated to threats of some sort, they you're certainly looking at something more serious.

1 week later
#11597 5 years ago

Free coinboxes:

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “4 pinball coinboxes (3 williams, 1 gottlieb), 2 arcade coinboxes. Free to a good home. If you really want them shipped, $25. Otherwise, I'm just going to toss them. I don't nee...”
2018-09-22
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 125 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11610 5 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

Hey, maybe someone will need all of them and make it easier to deal with; thanks for the offer.

As it turned out, they are all heading to Texas

3 weeks later
#11816 5 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “This is the plastic layer of the playfield with artwork that sits on top of the plywood layer. The colors for the artwork really pop. There are a few minor scuffs, a few dings s...”
25 days ago
Ballston Spa, NY
325 (OBO)

Open to offers on the Interflip Dragon playfield.

Parts - For Sale
FS: Alvin G MPUs Archived
Used, good condition - “These do not surface very often. These are untested and as-is since I don't have any Alvin G games. They appear to be complete, aside from a game ROM. Only 4 available. $35 each,...”
2018-10-18
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 27 days
Viewed: 341 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Gottlieb Raven helicopter toy, blades, and parts $14 for shipping.”
2020-08-24
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 20 days
Viewed: 711 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Atari Superman Apron. $26 for shipping, or free local pick-up, or free delivery to pinfest.”
2019-03-26
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 278 times
Contributed to Pinside

...plus a few more items in the marketplace

#11874 5 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Anyone have any of the system 11s on my wishlist? I'm going for all 30. Projects preferred.

Which ones are you missing?

[edit]: Oops, nevermind--didn't realize you meant your pinside wishlist.

#11878 5 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

In my opinion, prices are way too high right now and there seem to be hardly any good deals anymore especially for games on the sub $2,500 level. All the good deals are snapped up in seconds. I've also noticed that "ebay" pricing has started to creep into pinside ads (not the ebay embedded ads) which has pushed up other markets too like facebook, CL and Letgo.
I too wanted to buy that Time Machine for 1K. Apparently many others wanted to buy it as well.
Guess I'm just wishing for the olden days to return when games were cheap and plentiful...

I was in PA yesterday for an auction, and after it was done, I tried seeing if there was anything reasonable available for sale in the vicinity. Prices on everything listed throughout the various platforms were completely ridiculous. This is only the second time in several years where I went home with an empty vehicle.

Competition is fierce, and a lot of sellers think their game is worth a fortune because they saw it listed somewhere for $x. They don't usually see the actual sold listings since they either don't make an effort, or they disappear too quickly.

It seems demand has outstripped supply.

#11907 5 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Was this the auction in PA with the TOTAN?

Yup. Bidding went higher than I was interested in going.

#11910 5 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I was a phone bidder and never got the chance to make a bid. I spoke with Ivan he said it went for $5150. Had a feeling it was going to be one of those auctions.

There were multiple phone bidders. I don't think they had enough phones to speak with everyone.

Since it wasn't well advertised, I thought I might've had a chance to get it for a good price. I should've known that being near Allentown, the area collectors would be all over it, lol

I enjoyed talking to the pinheads that showed up, though.

#11958 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Significant project. Serious cabinet damage. No backglass. Playfield wear (above flippers, around middle inserts). No lockbar or playfield glass. Complete boardset (no battery dama...”
2018-10-29
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 577 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#12037 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

No idea if this is real or not:
boston.craigslist.org link

I'm thinking the ad might be real, but for a Bally Kiss, and the OP just googled for kiss pinball and used the first Stern Kiss images he found.

3 weeks later
#12224 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I saw the ad; guy wants to trade his dirty, barely functional smb for a pristine, dmd game. 1 : 1...

Well, plenty of people have SMB high up on their want list in any condition... *shrug*

There are a number of low-cost DMD games that might make a trade worthwhile. Shaq Attaq comes to mind, for one example.

#12228 5 years ago

I've only played it a couple times, but I thought it was a neat game. I'd grab one if I see one pop up for a good price. I sure wouldn't pay top dollar, though.

2 months later
#12814 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

What's the going rate for a player's quality IJ? (and does anyone have one available )

It's tough to find anything below the low $6k range these days. I don't think I've seen anything in the $5k range recently.

1 month later
#13240 4 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Lectronamo backglass in fairly good condition. Most others I've seen are usually flaking apart significantly. Some paint loss and touch ups. This backglass is not sealed. Free de...”
2019-04-04
Ballston Spa, NY
135 (OBO)
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 207 times
Contributed to Pinside

Pick up locally or at Allentown

3 weeks later
#13455 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Are you sure that you would feel safe with bad cats in the house?

No, they will certainly destroy the furniture

1 week later
#13536 4 years ago

I think $1400 for a project R911 is way too much. I've tried selling a fully working & shopped one (and yes, the helicopter is working reliably) for $1500 at the Saratoga show for the past 2 years, and had no takers.

3 weeks later
#13732 4 years ago

A "pinball has taken over my life and time to weed out some games" sale.

An incredibly rare Allied Leisure Super Picker game (1 of 2 known examples)--this is a full-sized pin with a Roy Clark theme, not a cocktail version. A rare Gottlieb Star Race project with spare backglass and spare NOS playfield. A project Demolition man with some replacement parts.

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs major work - “This is a project machine that was rescued from a hotel fire. The playfield has no obvious signs of wear that I can spot, but is dirty and needs a shop job. The game boots and f...”
2019-06-03
Saratoga Springs, NY
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 1215 times
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs major work - “As far as I've been able to tell, there seems to have been only 3 of these games produced--a 2-player version (seen in promo photos) and two 4-player versions. I found no documenta...”
2022-07-05
Ballston Spa, NY
1,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 5642 times
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Rare game. Project machine. Battery damaged MPU. No broken plastics, but the plastic above the kickout hole has some paint wear. My original plan was to do a playfield swap and r...”
2019-07-15
Saratoga Springs, NY
Viewed: 1124 times
Contributed to Pinside

I may be putting a few more games on the chopping block.

#13769 4 years ago

The clean-out continues with a fully working bally brown box solenoid/sound board test fixture:

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Fully working Bally brown box test fixture. Can test classic bally/stern solenoid driver boards. It has also been upgraded to test Bally sound boards AS-2518-32, AS-2518-50, and AS...”
2019-06-08
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 178 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13772 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

What else is on the clean out !!

Got a System 3 Gottlieb CPU ??

Sorry, I don't have one available.

I'm trying to move some larger stuff first to clear some space. I'll likely be listing a sharp shooter project and a sharpshooter II project; with spare parts and a nearly fully populated sharp shooter playfield.

I do have a batch of Alvin G boards listed:

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “One sound board, untested. $14 for shipping.”
2019-06-22
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 163 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Sound boards used in Alvin G head-to-head games. $10 each for the boards without the chips. $15 for the board with the chips. $10 to ship one, $13 to ship two, $16 to ship three/...”
2019-06-22
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 129 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
FS: Alvin G MPUs Archived
Used, good condition - “These do not surface very often. These are untested and as-is since I don't have any Alvin G games. They appear to be complete, aside from a game ROM on all but one board. Only 3 ...”
2019-06-06
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 400 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “One untested DMD controller boards. It looks like it may have had a capacitor leak at one point. $5 $14 for shipping.”
2020-04-15
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 395 times
Contributed to Pinside

4 weeks later
#13979 4 years ago

Price drop on these project games:

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs major work - “As far as I've been able to tell, there seems to have been only 3 of these games produced--a 2-player version (seen in promo photos) and two 4-player versions. I found no documenta...”
2022-07-05
Ballston Spa, NY
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Rare game. Project machine. Battery damaged MPU. No broken plastics, but the plastic above the kickout hole has some paint wear. My original plan was to do a playfield swap and r...”
2019-07-15
Saratoga Springs, NY
Viewed: 1124 times
Contributed to Pinside

3 weeks later
#14250 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Will be traveling to lake George for the weekend, have a original bk I can bring to sell or trade. It’s in the market place

There's a pinball show in Saratoga Springs next weekend on August 9 & 10

#14252 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Thanks! Been eyeing it up just trying to convince the wife

Bring your game to sell I imagine seeing a game leave rather than a new one coming in might help

#14258 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm here, out of all the arcades there is one working pin, GB...with weak flippers. Everything else is out of order.

Thats unfortunate. It's tough to keep location games running.

#14268 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

You couldn't be more wrong. It takes minimal effort. The sad truth is that very few operators are either capable enough, or are willing to put the time in.

I disagree. Within a fairly decent sized arcade with a lot of traffic, the pins need regular, weekly attention and repairs. Video or redemption games don't need nearly that much attention.

Granted, these are 90s era games I'm thinking of, not games that are brand new off the line.

#14271 4 years ago

In regards to Lake George, a ton of redemption were also down. One of the arcades probably had a good 40% of games with blue painters tape over the coin slots.. Other one with swipe cards just had red "out of order" displays on many games. I was surprised how many games were down at all of them.

Hm, that seems unusual.

Was this right after a friday or saturday night? The arcades are usually packed then, so I imagine the games take a beating on those two days.

1 week later
#14350 4 years ago

MET is definitely in my top 5 games. I try to play it every chance I get.

2 weeks later
#14492 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Jokes are forbidden here.
And what the hell is a DM? I thought that was a Twitter thing.

It started with twitter, since you can send a message directed to someone that is actually readable by anyone. Then the term kind of caught on with other platforms and replaced "private message", since I guess nothing on the internet is really private any more

#14494 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Ah-ha! So a moderator just admitted that our Pinside "PMs" are now considered Public Messages!

Well, you'll notice that they're still called PM's here, rather than DM's.

#14503 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And there you have it, folks: The two reasons I'm no longer on Pinside.

Nice to see you bouncing around on the forums

Quoted from Taxman:

No, I wanted to post a screen shot of what happens when you go to the massage link and it says you can send other Pinsiders "Private Messages". I can't post a pic because this is technically a "Market" thread. But just click the email icon.
Damn, ForceFlow, I thought you were one of the good ones. They got to you. Now after this post disappears I will find the rest of my social life crumble. I will become an o-din and only be able to own wood-rails.

Pinside has massages available now?

#14511 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Now I'm confused...

Hi Confused, I'm Force

2 months later
#14895 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Here are two nice comet project candidates. I don't really have photos available since they're wrapped up for storage, but I have a few photos from the original sellers, which I ca...”
2019-10-30
Saratoga Springs, NY
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 445 times
Contributed to Pinside

3 weeks later
#15089 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I’d like to make an announcement everyone. It’s something you’ve all desperately been waiting for.

As you all know - I’ve been attempting to sell my piece of garbage prototype Atlantis for some time....a long time. You know - the one with the cabinet fade, and the scratched playfield with an aftermarket MPU and no secondary GI. That Atlantis.

You’ve seen it listed for $2,500. You’ve seen it listed at $1,700. I received plenty of offers for this one of a kind tragedy. Everything ranging from three broken EMs to $1,100 to a player’s Shaq Attaq.

After much consideration, frustration, creative marketing, cross posting, prayer, and negotiation with several higher powers...I’ve got nothing. Ergo - I’ve made a shocking decision. I was left with no choice.

The game has been moved to my new residence. I’m stuck with this thing. Potentially forever. I tried Pinside. I tried.

You could try pinfest in the spring.

1 month later
#15345 4 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Various parts & plastics for R911. -Complete Decal Set (11 decals): $35 -Goodie Bag cards & envelope: $5 -NOS Helicopter blade: $5 (1 left) -Rear panel plastic with mine s...”
2020-07-02
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 23 days
Viewed: 655 times
Contributed to Pinside

#15350 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Interested. Could you provide a link to the marketplace ad so I can look at it? Thanks!

Click the tag icon under their name.

3 weeks later
#15526 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Here is a complete set of Atari project games of all 6 titles. Open to offers for just the games as one lot, or all the games plus the large batch of parts. Might be willing to ent...”
2020-02-02
Saratoga Springs, NY
3,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 2051 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#15880 4 years ago

I'm a little surprised it sold so fast listed at $800. I thought I was the only one that liked that game.

When the A-list and B-list games get expensive, people are more willing to look for bargains and hidden gems in the C, D, and E list games.

#15886 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

and 2 grand less than EBD.

And for those not aware, it's basically the EBD layout, just flipped and with a few additions.

#15890 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

That's what I said!

D'oh, I somehow skimmed right over your post. I blame it on the time change

1 week later
#16013 4 years ago

FYI, there have been a few bits of information floating around, and all of them put together makes it sounds like there might be travel restrictions and roadblocks being put into place very soon.

Four people in essential job roles have commented that they have received "letter of access" or "essential service provider" papers to get through roadblocks. One from NY, one from CA.

It seems there might be some sort of big announcement on Monday or Tuesday about something, but there are no details that I've seen as of yet.

Please refer to this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread

There's no confirmation on anything, and only speculation at this point, but it might be a good idea to be prepared for this possibility.

1 week later
#16107 3 years ago

Heads up--we received a message today from a member who went to buy two NIB pins in Albany, NY and the buyer said he was robbed at gunpoint by the seller. That's all the info we have at the moment.

Obviously, this was a shock to hear. As things get worse, people may be getting more desperate and/or bold. Be careful out there.

#16111 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Deal only with people you know.

It sounds like they buyer & seller may have had a previous transaction at some point. So, just because you have interacted with someone before, doesn't mean it's 100% safe, especially if they are desperate or get tempted by the lack of police response in certain areas.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Can you give us a heads up as to whether it was a sale from pinside or a sale from elsewhere?

Unknown at this time.

#16114 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Very interesting.. If that's the case, can't the buyer report this transaction to the police?

Quoted from radial_head:

You're missing the point here. In times of pandemic, rioting, or war, very often the police are the first to stop showing up. Some people take advantage of that.

For example:

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/03/syracuse-police-wont-respond-non-emergency-calls-to-protect-cops-from-coronavirus.html

1 month later
#16471 3 years ago

The days of bargain container games are long gone, unfortunately.

#16473 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Yeah. There’s a few things that are okay in his list and it’s a challenge with COVID transport issues right now. Maybe find another vendor with some cheaper/more unique European titles.
Might try and piece something together for July~.

It's less of a headache to find US-based games. There's been a fairly good selection popping up.

Also keep in mind that some of the people who would have normally been bringing games to sell at allentown might be listing them online instead.

1 week later
#16531 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New Hulk backglass made by Shay. Never ended up using it. $60 for shipping (US only. Sorry, no international shipping)”
2020-05-10
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 33 days
Viewed: 340 times
Contributed to Pinside

#16575 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Sad part is that some seasoned individuals actually contact the guy!!

An email message doesn't cost anything.

It probably wasn't legit, but there's that 1 time out of 1,000 where there could be something to it.

2 weeks later
#16778 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New Hulk backglass made by Shay. Never ended up using it. $60 for shipping (US only. Sorry, no international shipping)”
2020-05-10
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 33 days
Viewed: 340 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#16901 3 years ago

Fake Craigslist ad alert:

Congo in Allentown, PA listed in the free section with no price. Photos are stolen from an eBay ad in Indiana.

#16937 3 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

This is most likely a one off re-theme. I'd be floored if multiples exist but you never know....Good luck in your search for such an oddball but kind of cool and interesting combo theme.

It's been listed on ebay a few times by a dubious seller who didn't want to let anyone inspect it. I don't think I've heard of it surfacing since then.

The threads discussing it should be linked on the game archive page.

1 month later
#17407 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I got my Lost World for sale in good shape plays good asking $1300. Not sure why the pics uploaded sideways if anyone knows how to get them to upload normally let me know thanks

Machine - For Sale

Lost World

New!

Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Good condition Lost World full working and plays good. Back glass is in good shape the PF is also in pretty decent shape. Cab has some scratches but it's pretty good overall asking...”

1 hour ago

Chippewa, PA

1,300 (OBO)

Coolpinballdino

If you edit the ad, and hover your mouse over each image, there is a rotate button.

1 week later
#17485 3 years ago

[Ad embed: this ad was deleted]

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New Gottlieb Fast Draw backglass made by Shay. Free local pick-up or US only shipping (Sorry, no international shipping). The cost of shipping will vary depending on the destinat...”
2021-02-01
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 531 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “A nice Sharp Shooter II apron with good artwork and original instruction/score cards. Some minor wear and scratches near the corners. A couple spots of what appears to be paint nea...”
2021-03-11
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 363 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Set of plastics for Game Plan Sharp Shooter II and 4 nice pop bumper caps. $19 for shipping”
2022-07-05
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 470 times
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “This is the plastic layer of the playfield with artwork that sits on top of the plywood layer. The colors for the artwork really pop. There are a few minor scuffs, a few dings s...”
25 days ago
Ballston Spa, NY
325 (OBO)
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I have one 6-digit kit, and 2 sets of 7-digit kits available (5 displays in each kit). The kits have amber display filters. Just looking to get back what I have into them. 6-digit...”
2020-10-23
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 785 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 months later
#18144 3 years ago

Other - For Sale
“Clean classic shuffle alley project arcade game that has been in climate controlled storage for a few years. 6 players, 3 game modes. The backglass is fully intact. Minimal wear ...”
2021-06-22
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 633 times

3 weeks later
#18324 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

$35 a sheet at shows, but that won't be happening. $60-$75 a sheet from local glass companies.

I can get tempered glass pretty cheap through a couple of local glass companies, but there is a minimum order (I think 2 sheets covered it, though I usually order more than that at a time).

Keep searching--I'm sure you can find a place. Part of the problem is that if a glass place doesn't do tempered glass in-house or doesn't have a regular supply chain with a producer of tempered glass, it's going to be a special order and more expensive than usual.

2 weeks later
#18467 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
25 days ago
Ballston Spa, NY
325 (OBO)
Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “Here's a mix of various loose plastics from: Gottlieb Eclipse Gottlieb Jacks to Open Gottlieb Rack 'Em Up Gottlieb Striker Taito Zarza Wico Af-Tor Williams Flash Williams Hurrican...”
2020-11-30
Ballston Spa, NY
40 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 138 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#18762 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I will bet that hulk was a scam.

It seemed legit enough to me at a glance.

Quoted from PinballAir:

If not, it will turn into an auction.

That depends on the kind of person the seller is.

1 week later
#18868 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My location has always said "Jefferson, NJ". Not sure why it's showing as unknown for you.

Check your privacy settings: https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/settings

#18909 3 years ago

I have a friend in upstate NY who is looking for his first pin--a Demolition Man, Twister, or Guardians of the Galaxy. He's looking for something that's plug & play ready. If you have anything ready to go, please let me know

#18914 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

There's a Demo Man on Boston craigslist - not mine. Been there for a few weeks.

Yeah, I've seen it too--they're asking $3850 firm. That's a bit much for that title.

4 weeks later
#19281 3 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

About these out of control prices. Am I the only guy here who doesn't have 20K to drop on a pin and the only one who would never ever drop 20K on a pin? Hell I guess I'm just too cheap anyway so why bother.

Heck no. I don't like any specific titles enough to spend that kind of money on just one game.

You could get a DeLorean for around that price

#19328 3 years ago

Other - For Sale
“Clean classic shuffle alley project arcade game that has been in climate controlled storage for a few years. 6 players, 3 game modes. The backglass is fully intact. Minimal wear ...”
2021-06-22
Ballston Spa, NY

2 weeks later
#19576 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I've never once heard a sub called a "grinder" around here. Maybe that's a western NY thing?

Never heard them called grinders either.

Most people around h ere just seem to call them subs. In pizzerias and whatnot, they list heros on their menus, though I think that's usually just on their hot subs. When down in eastern PA, I've heard them called hoagies.

#19608 3 years ago

Well, it's lunchtime, and all this sub talk as been making me hungry. A hot meatball sub sounds good to me on this chilly day

#19617 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Maybe you could help keep this thread on topic (FOR SALE) rather than add to the mindless banter? Just an idea as moderator?

A few posts of friendly banter is hardly a capital offense. There's not a whole lot else happening, besides.

In any case, new thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-collectors-get-your-subs-soda-amp-ny-style-pizza-here

#19647 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:Does anyone have a playfield rotisserie for sale?
Looking for something strong and standalone.
I’ve got 3 pins to finish shopping this month and the setup right now is NOT cutting it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations/03115-pindoc-rotisserie

1 week later
#19804 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:What about a $10,000 EM in MA? That seems like a bargain compared to a $35K pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/110076

That guy really needs to put curtains over the windows. All those games are going to fade.

1 week later
#19867 3 years ago

I'm basically having a garage sale:

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I'm overflowing and need to clear some space, so I'm selling some of the excess that I'm probably not going to get to anytime soon. Project games, test fixtures, boards, parts. Her...”
2021-05-11
Saratoga Springs, NY
100 (OBO)
Viewed: 1235 times

#19957 3 years ago

Anyone have a shuffle alley they want to sell? I played one at a friend's house over the weekend and it was an absolute blast. I don't have a clue as to what they sell for, but I'm not looking to spend a fortune.

I have a nice project available:

Other - For Sale
2021-06-22
Ballston Spa, NY

#19963 3 years ago

Thanks. I posted in your for sale thread, but it's just too far for me to get someone to drive me all the way up for it in unknown condition. I appreciate the post though.

Oh, sorry--I've been responding to a flood of messages all week. It's been a little hard to keep everything straight.

#19985 2 years ago

Can someone help me with pricing? I found a United Shuffle Alley with new LED score displays and they are asking $1,500. Is that low, high or where it should be?
They only say that it works 100% and from what I can see, it appears to be in good shape.

Shuffle or bowler? If it's a shuffle, it's probably a bit high. If it's a bowler, it might be about right, or maybe a little low.

3 weeks later
#20194 2 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Williams System 3-6 test fixture with an MPU, driver board, power supply board, master display, and 3 score displays. Includes panel, harness, display board, and 2 displays to ada...”
2021-07-17
Ballston Spa, NY
1,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 539 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “7 untested williams system 3-6 master display boards, $15/each 1 master display with broken glass nipple, $5 Or, take the whole box of master displays for $60. --- The cost of ...”
2023-09-17
Ballston Spa, NY
15 (OBO)
Viewed: 1328 times
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Gottlieb System 1 test fixture box unit (for testing all boards and displays). Untested. Missing the large box cover and plywood legs (which are supposed to prop up the box at a sl...”
2021-03-23
Saratoga Springs, NY
Viewed: 206 times
Contributed to Pinside

#20233 2 years ago

I still have Gottlieb Cowpoke, Allied Leisure Super Picker, and a 1950s United shuffle alley up for sale. All nice projects. Prices are far, far, far below $30k, so there are bargains to be had

3 weeks later
#20433 2 years ago

Other - For Sale
“This is a playfield glass cart that I designed & built to transport and hold a large quantity of playfield glass. It is currently sitting on 6 castors. You can also unscrew th...”
2021-08-12
Saratoga Springs, NY
100 (OBO)
Archived after: 68 days
Viewed: 684 times

#20474 2 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Sound & power panel for the body cabinet of Williams System 3-4 games with an untested type 1 sound board. $30 for shipping.”
2021-11-07
Ballston Spa, NY
35 (OBO)
Viewed: 249 times
Contributed to Pinside

Also have sound boards, master displays, and a test fixture:

Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “7 untested williams system 3-6 master display boards, $15/each 1 master display with broken glass nipple, $5 Or, take the whole box of master displays for $60. --- The cost of ...”
2023-09-17
Ballston Spa, NY
15 (OBO)
Viewed: 1328 times
Contributed to Pinside

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Williams System 3-6 test fixture with an MPU, driver board, power supply board, master display, and 3 score displays. Includes panel, harness, display board, and 2 displays to ada...”
2021-07-17
Ballston Spa, NY
1,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 539 times
Contributed to Pinside

#20525 2 years ago

Sorry, but what is a "Hep"

High_End_Pins

A high-end pins restoration. Basically, any time one comes up for sale, it's $10k minimum.

#20547 2 years ago

Other - For Sale
“This is a playfield glass cart that I designed & built to transport and hold a large quantity of playfield glass. It is currently sitting on 6 castors. You can also unscrew th...”
2021-08-12
Saratoga Springs, NY
100 (OBO)
Archived after: 68 days
Viewed: 684 times

Grab it now or it's firewood! This is going to get broken apart in a few days if nobody claims it.

Retail glass carts are in the $500-$1600 range. Bargain tool of the day!

#20569 2 years ago

Anybody want to buy the NFT for the last few OT posts?

Gotta list something for sale, after all

1 week later
#20737 2 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Gameplan Sharpshooter playfield--very nice condition (one of the best I've seen of this title). Partially populated. Missing plastics, pop caps, drop target cages, kicker & pop...”
2023-02-11
Saratoga Springs, NY
Viewed: 1245 times

4 weeks later
#20984 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain860:

WTB: Bally wide body PF glass.

I have 3 sheets available if you have any plans to head north.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I have a few sheets of brand new tempered widebody playfield glass available for $60 each Classic Bally: 27-1/2" x 43 Quantity available: 3 Embryon, Future Spa, Hotdoggin, Paragon...”
2021-10-26
Ballston Spa, NY
Viewed: 1343 times

#20988 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Dang, I am headed out that way tomorrow to grab a pin cart. In theory I could at least get it down to western, MA for him. I just don't know if it will fit with the cart. What's the width again? I may be able to strap it to one side of the car.

27-1/2" x 43

1 week later
#21153 2 years ago

30 new posts and nobody is selling anything? Booo

1 week later
#21243 2 years ago

Other - For Sale
“Clean classic shuffle alley project arcade game that has been in climate controlled storage for a few years. 6 players, 3 game modes. The backglass paint is fully intact, though t...”
2021-10-13
Ballston Spa, NY
100 (OBO)
Viewed: 926 times

I've had 4 people say they wanted this, but nobody has actually physically appeared yet to pick it up. Make me a fair offer, actually show up, and it's yours.

#21280 2 years ago

If anyone was wondering about the AFM at the NJ estate sale, don't waste your time.

It's a CGC classic with a price tag of $7k. Everything at that sale was way overpriced.

3 weeks later
#21518 2 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Bugs bunny - 2150

Wow, you never see that one for sale.

#21537 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

1) Jersey Shore is not the North East.

Sure it is. I've picked up a few games from all over NJ including the shore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_United_States

That's like saying cape cod is not in the northeast.

#21540 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jersey is definitely in the northeast!!!
Hey I found a game for sale in Philly!
philadelphia.craigslist.org link

It shows it was listed 2 months ago. I don't think it's priced quite right...

#21543 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The people actually in the NE, don't think Jersey is NE.

Maybe if they're way up in Bangor, Maine...

#21546 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As long as Rhode Island is still in the northeast I'm a happy camper.

Hang on--you can't go camping there with more than 6 people

#21568 2 years ago

As Lord of this thread I hereby decree that F'n' New Jersey is in the Northeast. So it is written, so it shall be.

He has spoken.

And all the congregation said Amen, praise be the thread lord.

#21575 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I’ve only driven through Connecticut a handful of times, but can someone please explain to me why drivers there drive so damn slow?

Every day is Sunday there.

1 week later
#21759 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

CL 5 hours ago, I offered $3k sight unseen. No word from him. Listing erased. I can’t complain though, I did buy a gorgeous Bally AFM two years ago for $2200. Paid for itself three times on route. Real battle cat.

I messaged a few minutes after it went up. No response. I doubt I was the first to reach out.

Either someone got a sweet deal, someone was phishing for contact info, or someone was trying to find out what the area competition is like.

1 week later
#21870 2 years ago

Weekend price drop deal on this nice shuffle alley!

Other - For Sale
“Clean classic shuffle alley project arcade game that has been in climate controlled storage for a few years. 6 players, 3 game modes. The backglass paint is fully intact, though t...”
2021-10-13
Ballston Spa, NY
100 (OBO)

Who says you can't find bargains these days?

#21899 2 years ago

Another price drop.

Other - For Sale
2021-10-13
Ballston Spa, NY
100 (OBO)

Also, you can make it a dual purpose trip--come for the truck show happening here this weekend! Classic trucks, modern trucks, big rigs, emergency vehicles, construction vehicles, and more.

https://www.facebook.com/HudsonMohawkATHS/posts/3020351418211207

Ample free parking, room for a trailer if you're bringing one. $1 admission to get in. They also usually have a nice flea market with lots of tools for sale. I've picked up a few tools for working on pins there.

1 week later
#21996 2 years ago

Other - For Sale
2021-10-13
Ballston Spa, NY
100 (OBO)

Make me an offer!

I've got something coming in this week, so this has to go! The sooner the better!

2 weeks later
#22147 2 years ago

Price drop!

Other - For Sale
2021-10-13
Ballston Spa, NY
100 (OBO)

#22192 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Someone on this site should be able to assist http://www.neacf.com

It's pretty much impossible to access their site.

You may have more luck with klov: https://forums.arcade-museum.com/

1 week later
#22341 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

he wants to trade first
but thx

Exchanging cash for a pin kinda is like a trade

1 month later
#22805 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

which included the beveling

That's not necessary. Sanded edges are fine. Otherwise, it adds to the cost.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Is there specifics that I need to give?

Sanded edges (not polished or beveled), and no logo/bug.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Anybody in southeastern MA have a nice piece of Bally widebody glass (no scratches)? I'm looking for a replacement piece. I have one that is fairly scratched up. It is 27.5" x 43" x 3/16".
Alternatively, I'm being quoted $89 by a local glass company. Any idea if that's a fair price? It seems a bit high to me, but I must admit I'm losing touch with prices lately.

I think I might have one new sheet left in storage, but I'm a couple hours northwest.

Pre-covid, the price range was around $50-$60 per wide sheet in my area. I haven't checked on what pricing is currently, but everything else has gone up, so I assume glass has too.

#22813 2 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Not even sure what would cause it.

It may have gotten damp.

#22815 2 years ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

It must have...I'd think if it flooded there'd be more evidence on the cabinet art or legs given their distinct color...

Basements can be damp without actually flooding.

1 week later
#22881 2 years ago

Looking to clear space--open to offers.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Includes all these gameplan parts & boards: -Nice set of sharpshooter II plastics & pop bumper caps -11 Various cabinet, backbox, and playfield wiring harnesses (Super nov...”
2022-03-22
Ballston Spa, NY
700 (OBO)
Archived after: 51 days
Viewed: 719 times

#22912 2 years ago

Price drop on this sizable stash of parts & boards, and a really nice sharpshooter playfield. Lots of good stuff here!

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Includes all these gameplan parts & boards: -Nice set of sharpshooter II plastics & pop bumper caps -11 Various cabinet, backbox, and playfield wiring harnesses (Super nov...”
2022-03-22
Ballston Spa, NY
700 (OBO)

You could probably make two gameplan test fixtures, if you really wanted to.

#22962 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Maybe not the right thread for this but I'm looking for someone in New England proper who can help me shorten (weld) some pinball legs down to kid/shop with low ceiling height. I have two sets of legs I'm trying to do this with. Shoot me a message if you can do this. Doesn't need to be pretty, just somewhat structural.

Sans welding, You could probably make new legs with angle iron and 2x2 (or maybe 3x3?) length of wood.

Drill holes in the angle iron for the cab, cut to appropriate leg height, use the wood to help support the cab from the bottom of the cab and install a t-nut at the bottom for the leveler. Then put a few bolts through the angle iron and wood.

Don't forget to install cab protectors (probably the stern style cab protectors).

It'll probably look ugly, but you could throw those together without welding.

3 weeks later
#23165 2 years ago

Price drop on the gameplan parts stash:

Parts - For Sale
2022-03-22
Ballston Spa, NY
700 (OBO)

1 month later
#23361 2 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Gameplan Sharpshooter playfield--very nice condition (one of the best I've seen of this title). Partially populated. Missing plastics, pop caps, drop target cages, kicker & pop...”
2023-02-11
Saratoga Springs, NY
Parts - For Sale
2022-03-22
Ballston Spa, NY
700 (OBO)

4 weeks later
#23634 1 year ago

Casually looking for Krull or Pinball Circus for a coffee table project, anyone got one kicking around?

I've got 3 of each in storage. I'd be willing to let go of a duplicate or two only if you paint the cabs white.

1 week later
#23741 1 year ago

Machine - For Sale
2022-07-05
Ballston Spa, NY
1,200 (OBO)
Parts - For Sale
2023-02-11
Saratoga Springs, NY
Parts - For Sale
25 days ago
Ballston Spa, NY
325 (OBO)

#23764 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

How many potatoes would it take to run a pinball? Asking for a friend...

It's not pinball---is potato

#23766 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If by chance you come across a giant coke mirror pool table in real life lmk, im a buyer.

This is probably the closest you'll get:

#23775 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

As someone who browses this thread a couple times a month, this thread is super cluttered with off topic convo.. Just my 2 cents... Its hard to find the actual ads sometimes.

It seems like there just hasn't been a whole heck of a lot of game ads popping up lately. Pretty slim pickings out there right now. There's more buyers than sellers.

[edit]: There's currently less than 50 game listings in the marketplace within 200 miles of me that are $6k or less and that are not NIB games or preorder slots.

1 month later
#24154 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Wipe Out is one of those titles that has always intrigued me.

I saw it on location in an arcade back when it was new. I didn't really understand how to play it at the time. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to play one since then.

I'm assuming it didn't earn well on location, since I don't remember it being in place for very long. There were about a dozen other A-list/B-list WPC pins at that location around the same time that stayed in place until they were all sold off a few years ago (they were not maintained and in terrible shape, unfortunately).

1 week later
#24225 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I don't know what a soren chip is

soren is a contributor who worked on some unofficial/aftermarket code updates for certain WPC games. Now he's working with PPS releasing official code updates.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades

292 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ForceFlow. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.