IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

There are 24,993 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 500.
#24551 46 days ago

Just means it's a farther drive for me when you decide to sell it to me.

#24552 46 days ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Being at pintastic really gave me a new perspective on how people feel about older machines not having perfect playfields or wear spots: they don't care as long as it plays good.
It was also interesting to see the pricing on machines. I personally felt the prices were overall not that great, and it seems many people there felt the same way.
I was also able to play several machines on my wishlist so I could find out if I wanted them or not, and now I definitely know I'd like to get an F-14, Swords of Fury, and Earthshaker at some point in the near future.
It's too bad there was no Jurassic Park premium to play, as that was one of the new machines I wanted to try.

Awww, I was going to try to bring my JP Pre, but we were updating our entrances and the work ran long. Next time, I promise!

#24553 46 days ago

It was also interesting to see the pricing on machines. I personally felt the prices were overall not that great, and it seems many people there felt the same way.

What gave it away, the $2700 silver slugger or the $7000 Stern POTC?….

#24554 46 days ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Speaking of which, shoutout to Bob Butch Butch2099 for hooking me up with some brand new playfield glass on the cheap. Wish I could have snagged a Voodoo from you too, wanted to try one out.

Dang, I was looking for some standard glass. Guess I failed at that mission

#24555 46 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

the $2700 silver slugger

Ya but tell me u didn't have fun playing it?

#24556 46 days ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Ya but tell me u didn't have fun playing it?

I was going to, but then I remembered I had one at home.

#24557 46 days ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

I have been made aware, via multiple PMs from people that saw this situation go down, that the buyer in question (George Riley) has a very long reputation of negative feedback for shady things, unhappy customers, etc. I was unaware of this, and had no idea who he was, but some quick searches around here, and other places, seems to verify this. If I had known, I would have dealt with someone else, just on principle of community feedback. Ah well, at least now I know for future reference. Moving on, no use crying over shattered playfield glass.
Speaking of which, shoutout to Bob Butch Butch2099 for hooking me up with some brand new playfield glass on the cheap. Wish I could have snagged a Voodoo from you too, wanted to try one out.

Just Google “George Riley RGP”
What a piece of work.
He’s well known with the local sheriff for the same attitude towards his neighbors.
Absolutely incredible stuff

#24558 46 days ago

I would agree....come play it at Western Mass Pinball Club . (at least that's where the $6200 Godzilla went )

Quoted from tilt-master:

I saw that, best deal of the show IMO.

#24559 46 days ago

Thanks again! Now I kinda wish I had found a way to buy that Rush as well. (Pretty sure I wouldn't still be married if I did though )

As far as sales go.....I was able to sell off four project games myself....so I kinda feel good that some stuff will live on or at least donate parts to make other games live on.

Quoted from PixelsandPinball:

I (Pixels & Pinball) was selling floor models at very low prices so I wouldn’t have to bring them back to the store.
I still have floor models from the show for Rush and Mandalorian that I will be selling at my store for great prices, just not as aggressive as the show pricing.
Contact me if interested.

#24560 46 days ago

Sold 3/5 pins at the show, Avatar and Stern Pirates that were in free play still available. Will post for sale ads when I set them back up and decon them.

#24561 46 days ago
Quoted from ejacques:

I would agree....come play it at Western Mass Pinball Club . (at least that's where the $6200 Godzilla went )

Bastard

#24562 46 days ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Congrats, Sweet addition to the club lineup!

#24563 46 days ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Congrats, Sweet addition to the club lineup!

If I saw it, I probably would have brought it home. Godzilla is a fun game.

#24564 46 days ago

Looking to buy an original galaga

#24565 46 days ago

Ok I'm having a 4th of July blow out sale. If you buy before next week I'll let both games go for 6k even. Trying to move to make a deal work.

Machine - For Sale
Star Trek Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work “Beautiful 25th anniversary star trek up for sale. Was routed initially but quickly found its self in a home where it sat since 95. Very clean cabinet with minimal scratches etc. Pl...”
2022-06-26
Waitsfield, VT
3,200 (Firm)
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 1118 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
Earthshaker Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work “Players condition game, all stock at the moment but ripe for someone who wants to mod it or light it up like a Christmas tree. All major mechs work, however the drop target opto bo...”
2022-06-20
Waitsfield, VT
2,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 26 days
Viewed: 1111 times

#24566 46 days ago

Machine - For Sale
Playboy Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “1978 Bally Playboy. Machine is what you would expect. Cabinet has some touchups and dings but structurally good. Backglass looks good although it has a few small touchups but non...”
2022-07-15
Mount Olive Township, NJ
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 837 times
Contributed to Pinside

Really need to move this Playboy. All offers considered.

#24567 46 days ago
Quoted from gac:

That's good for you but that's not why I, or most, go to pinball shows. I agree that it's better than empty space, but why isn't the space filled with pinball vendors like you see at Allentown, for example?

If people don't buy, vendors don't come back. It's minimum 3-4 days of work (Some, but not all have other jobs that they might have to take vacation time to be there also)

Plus (for me at least) Trailer rental ($200) Gas ($200) Hotel ($225) Double booth ($450). It's over 1G just to walk in the door. If I don't profit at least that, it's a loss. It's hard to justify the effort for a loss at the end of the day.

Allentown is a 1x a year swap meet/show. Ivan likes it that way. Vendors do well selling, so they come back, sometimes even bigger. At Allentown, I started bringing games for Free play, moved to Flea market, booth in the back, now I have a double booth up front. Allentown is a bring everything that's not nailed down show for me.

Quoted from MaxAsh:

I have been made aware, via multiple PMs from people that saw this situation go down, that the buyer in question (George Riley) has a very long reputation of negative feedback for shady things, unhappy customers, etc. I was unaware of this, and had no idea who he was, but some quick searches around here, and other places, seems to verify this. If I had known, I would have dealt with someone else, just on principle of community feedback. Ah well, at least now I know for future reference. Moving on, no use crying over shattered playfield glass.

IMHO, like someone said above, if I sell a game for what I'm willing to take, the next person can do what they want with it. That just means I wasn't patient enough and was willing to risk bringing it home. For a $200 markup he's now taking the risk of bringing it home.

It was nice to meet you and happy to hook you up with glass. I was very glad I brought glass to sell as it did well. So well that at the end, my wife said someone desperately needed a piece and would I sell one off of one of my games. I was packing to go home anyway, so I did.

It's too bad there was no Jurassic Park premium to play, as that was one of the new machines I wanted to try

I had one in my booth, if people asked, we would put credits on for them. I just try to keep it from being Freeplay 2.0 I feel it's hard for perspective buyers to look at games to buy when there's a crowd in front of them.

Speaking of games to buy, this is the NE For sale thread, not the Pintastic thread, so I'll add that I have a Godzilla Pro, Rush Pro, GNR LE, Mando Pro and NIB Halloween to sell or trade.

#24568 46 days ago

My son and I bought these to have him understand how EMs work and play but now he’s getting into other coin operated games from other time periods

So I have to move some games to make room for his new projects - love feeding his coin op addiction

Will be setting up ads for the following:

GTB Card Trix - Just Shopped

Some wear from kick out saucer

New Reproduction BG
New Pop Bumper Caps
New Flipper Bats
Has a full schematic diagram

$650.00

-

Bally Dixieland

Works and Plays
Has a new rubber set (not installed)
New pop bumper caps (not installed)
New Red Mushroom Target (not installed)

Game cabinet was repainted
Backglass has seen better days

The game came with no bells so that’s how it leaves …

$450.00

Priced fair individually for working games
or Take the Pair for $1000.00

Message with interest

Cannot do trades at this time as I have 3 games awaiting spots in the collection

#24569 46 days ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Dude, you wanted to sell a game, and you sold your game.

Just don't understand why you are so hung up on this. Let it go.

You are really going to vet all buyers from now on to make sure you don't make such a horrible error again, in exchanging a pinball machine you WANT to sell for an agreed upon cash price? Why are you trashing George Riley? Did he pass you counterfeit bills? Did he trick you into selling him a game? Did he violate an agreed-upon contract you had with him, whearas he was restricted to taking the game to a home for sick kids, and promised never to try to sell a game that no longer belongs to you for a profit?

This hobby drives people insane. I've seen it first-hand again and again.

#24570 46 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just don't understand why you are so hung up on this. Let it go.

The same could be said of you. Just saying.

#24571 46 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The same could be said of you. Just saying.

Right cause I'm the one who has a continuing investigation going on involving numerous 3rd parties on a guy I sold a pinball machine to because he decided to attempt to sell the game I sold to him.

I don't think this is a proper "just sayin'" situation. We are part of a community here, and we rely on each other for fair conduct and to know who the bad operators are.

Are you just sayin' it's ok he's publicly trashing a guy he sold a game to for absolutely zero good reason? Seems like an abuse of the community feedback system. "Bad buyer" posts where you call someone out by name should be restricted to people who actually do something wrong. Just sayin.

#24572 46 days ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Ah well, at least now I know for future reference. Moving on, no use crying over shattered playfield glass...

I did let it go, as shown. And you aren't aware of the full story regardless, nor do I plan on adding more fuel to the fire by adding to it. The only reason I mentioned him was because I was getting a bunch of PMs about it, and wanted to let people know that Yes, I was aware of his alleged reputation now, and would keep that in mind. I didn't need more negative messages about him popping up in my inbox, but I appreciated the info people were sending along since they were just trying to look out for a fellow community member.

As you can see by the general feedback in the thread, people probably appreciate the heads up. Am I saying he's a horrible person? No. I expressed my feelings about what he did, the majority seem to agree, you don't, it is what it is. From the start, I agreed with you about the fact that the game isn't mine, he can do whatever he wants with it. Just like I'm welcome to comment that I think what he did do was kinda crappy. You feel it wasn't. Well okay then, we're all clear on that, and it's all good. I see eye to eye with you on plenty of things, this isn't one, no biggie.

So, can we move on, as I already tried to above?

---> Back to buying and selling, any Centigrade 37's floating around out there? Also, should be selling a Top Card and a Laser Cue to make some space in the not too distant future, if anyone has interest.

Sidenote: How funny was it for those where there to watch Steve Ritchie buy a nice F-14 at the show? I heard he had some of the Automated guys carry it away, fully assembled, from the Free Play room.

#24573 46 days ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Sidenote: How funny was it for those where there to watch Steve Ritchie buy a nice F-14 at the show? I heard he had some of the Automated guys carry it away, fully assembled, from the Free Play room.

That was probably a highlight from the show. Someone said that Steve had to sell most of his games and he really didn't own any of his creations.

#24574 46 days ago

Can we get back to sandwiches?

#24575 46 days ago

Can we get back to 2015 pricing?

#24576 46 days ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

That was probably a highlight from the show. Someone said that Steve had to sell most of his games and he really didn't own any of his creations.

My buddy sold it to him, and has a picture of him shaking hands over the game. Really cool to see. Good to see the game go "home" in a way.

#24577 46 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did he trick you into selling him a game?

I’d say yes he did. I have purchased a pin from Maxash. It was very fairly priced and he has that pinball passion for the hobby. When dealing with someone like that they want you to be happy as much if not more than meeting the target sale price. That is what I felt when dealing with him and from his version of the story.

Levi I love your caustic attitude here you post in ways I feel but would never dare express. I have thanked you personally for your contributions and insight. But your views on pricing come from a different set of rules than I think a lot of us play by. I’ve seen some of your listings and I could not bring myself to pay them even if it was my Grail Pin. I’ve not seen anything that would indicate any flexibility either.

I often pull at heart strings when I buy pins (Need time to scrounge money) and have met many awesome accommodating hobbyists as a result. If I did all that only to flip at a quick profit before the dust settled I think the seller would be pretty pissed too. I hate to see jaded transactions in a hobby that has been so supportive of me. For these reasons I can see where Maxash is coming from…

#24578 46 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I’d say yes he did. I have purchased a pin from Maxash. It was very fairly priced and he has that pinball passion for the hobby. When dealing with someone like that they want you to be happy as much if not more than meeting the target sale price. That is what I felt when dealing with him and from his version of the story.
Levi I love your caustic attitude here you post in ways I feel but would never dare express. I have thanked you personally for your contributions and insight. But your views on pricing come from a different set of rules than I think a lot of us play by. I’ve seen some of your listings and I could not bring myself to pay them even if it was my Grail Pin. I’ve not seen anything that would indicate any flexibility either.
I often pull at heart strings when I buy pins (Need time to scrounge money) and have met many awesome accommodating hobbyists as a result. If I did all that only to flip at a quick profit before the dust settled I think the seller would be pretty pissed too. I hate to see jaded transactions in a hobby that has been so supportive of me. For these reasons I can see where Maxash is coming from…

I sell like 20-30 game on an average year. Plenty of “flexibility” or that wouldnt happen. Some games I want to sell more than others and this is reflected when I post ads. I sold two games early this month (TMNT and pinbot) each within 20 hours of posting them. Would seem to indicate they were priced fairly.

I’m sorry you don’t like my asking prices or ads but I’ve been doing this for 22 years, I’ve bought and sold around 400 games, and as far as I know most people have been happy dealing with me. I stand by my record and the way I deal with others in this hobby, and I’ve had countless repeat customers buying and selling games.

The sad fact is I don’t bother posting games for sale too often on Pinside any more. It’s much easier to just throw it on Facebook and sell it quickly and with less abuse / hassle than bothering to try to do it here.

And yes, it’s true, I guess I play by “different rules” in that I try not to take buying/selling games personally. I’m simply trying to exchange money for a game or a game for money, and I don’t understand all the personal baggage people around here often attach to it. If you have that much emotionally wrapped into a game you are trying to sell, you shouldn’t sell it. You’ll never be happy.

#24579 45 days ago

My god the amount of complaining in general on this website is extremely sad... What happened to Pinside??

#24580 45 days ago

GREED… it’s all ours

#24581 45 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I’d say yes he did. I have purchased a pin from Maxash. It was very fairly priced and he has that pinball passion for the hobby. When dealing with someone like that they want you to be happy as much if not more than meeting the target sale price.

That's very nice of you to say, thanks. Some games sell higher, some I let go cheaper than I should, it all evens out in the end. Glad you left happy! That's always my goal.

And I appreciate everyone's support. It's all good though, it was just a little show anecdote that has grown big, hairy legs. It wasn't meant to be a hot topic.

Let's get back to buying and selling!

#24582 45 days ago

Still looking for a Big Hurt or Starship Troopers

#24583 45 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My god the amount of complaining in general on this website is extremely sad... What happened to Pinside??

Has it ever changed lol

#24584 45 days ago

After Pintastic, I now have moved F-14 higher up my wishlist. So I'm looking for an F-14 Tomcat, and it can be a project if it's not too crazy.

I'm not a fan of driving/traveling for pickup, so the option to ship/deliver is highly preferred.

I'm also still looking for the following:
Jurassic Park (Data East)
High Speed
Victory
Swords of Fury
TX-Sector

#24585 45 days ago

Geez, I remember getting BLASTED a year ago for posting off topic about being new to NJ (and Pinside) talking about the terrible weather and asking for any good sandwich recommendations.

What a difference a year makes…..

#24586 45 days ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Geez, I remember getting BLASTED a year ago for posting off topic about being new to NJ (and Pinside) talking about the terrible weather and asking for any good sandwich recommendations.
What a difference a year makes…..

You Chatham guys are all one-issue voters, and that issue is sandwiches!

#24587 45 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m sorry you don’t like my asking prices or ads but I’ve been doing this for 22 years, I’ve bought and sold around 400 games, and as far as I know most people have been happy dealing with me. I stand by my record and the way I deal with others in this hobby, and I’ve had countless repeat customers buying and selling games.

Perhaps I came off to harsh in my assessment of your pricing. If you tune machines like you play them then it would probably be close to a clean bill of health from the good lord himself.

Clearly I am not your target audience. I was born with a screwdriver in my hand. Your value not being realized by me certainly doesn’t mean it’s not there. I used to do all my own car work. Now I pay someone else. It’s all relative. Apologies for misrepresenting your scene in my original post.

#24588 45 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I was born with a screwdriver in my hand.

Drink or tool?

#24589 45 days ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Drink or tool?

Could go either way.

#24590 45 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Could go either way.

That's what beelzeboob says!

#24591 45 days ago

My loaded steak and cheese at Teddy G's in Sturbridge was excellent as usual. O, wait, are we talking about sangwiches? Anyway, the gallon of an IPA I do not recall from Exhibit A Brewing also went well with my sangwich. (I'd post a picture but that is forbidden here).

#24592 45 days ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

My loaded steak and cheese at Teddy G's in Sturbridge was excellent as usual. O, wait, are we talking about sangwiches? Anyway, the gallon of an IPA I do not recall from Exhibit A Brewing also went well with my sangwich. (I'd post a picture but that is forbidden here).

How does that stack against treehouse?

#24593 45 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

How does that stack against treehouse?

I'm sorry, I'm biased, I haven't liked Treehouse since they left Monsoon....but I would rate anything from Exhibit A much higher that Treehouse.

#24594 45 days ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Drink or tool?

Both actually. My wife helps with the sobriety…

#24595 45 days ago

The bbq place whose name I forget had the best pulled pork I’ve ever eaten. My buddy who is a NC native agreed.

…slightly on topic, I have a pretty nice golden tee fore 2005 I’m thinking of selling or trading plus cash toward a pin if that’s interesting to anyone. All new buttons, lcd monitor, totally rebuilt trackball, fresh CF card.

#24596 45 days ago

I'll be putting up an ad to sell my Surf 'N Safari tomorrow, but I'm posting here first if anyone is interested.

Player's condition machine, converted to all LEDs including retro flashers so it's not too bright. Has a cliffy protector over the pipeline upkicker as there is wear underneath there and someone in the past didn't do a great touch up job on it. Machine works and plays great, and I have a complete set of playfield decals along with incandescent flashers and a spare coin battery for replacement.

I have pictures and can take video if anyone wants to see it in action.

Update: SOLD

#24597 45 days ago

Is shackler on the way to pick this up yet?

#24598 45 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is shackler on the way to pick this up yet?

I tried. Guess I was too slow

#24599 45 days ago

Well, it was a great deal on a cool game.

#24600 45 days ago

Pinbot project pending.

There are 24,993 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 500.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!