IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG
There are 30,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 491 of 607.
#24501 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like people really just came to play and party, not to buy. I don't think I know ANYBODY who sold a machine there.

Oh wow, I'm pretty surprised to see that, especially how during the last Pintastic it felt like the freeplay hall was half-empty on day 2 from so many sales. I didn't make it this year sadly, but on average, would you say the asking prices were fair? Or did they skew higher?

#24502 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Well I didn't sell my Waterworld at Pintastic as I expected to. It's in great shape, definitely above average, and I was asking below average sales price. Kind of shocked it didn't go, actually.
Anybody looking for a DMD game on the cheap side? I had it last listed at 2600. It's all wrapped up and ready to go.

Thanks for bringing it, I tried playing a few times to see if I could get a handle on it. Challenging title!

#24503 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Oh wow, I'm pretty surprised to see that, especially how during the last Pintastic it felt like the freeplay hall was half-empty on day 2 from so many sales. I didn't make it this year sadly, but on average, would you say the asking prices were fair? Or did they skew higher?

Asking prices across the board were mostly ridiculous, and you didn't see the usual markdowns on Saturday. I just don't think anybody was really in the mood to sell, and nobody was in the mood to buy.

#24504 1 year ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

Machine - For Sale

Heavy Metal

Featured!

As new - New out of box (first owner) “Hello Everyone I am listing my Stern Heavy Metal pinball machine . The game has been in my record shop about one year . its still like new super clean and ready to join your co...”

38 days ago

Middletown, NY

rockfantasyman

10,500 (OBO)

Damn, I should buy this for the artwork and the Nelson multiball (WTF?), but I’d rather play it at Rock Fantasy!

#24505 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Asking prices across the board were mostly ridiculous, and you didn't see the usual markdowns on Saturday. I just don't think anybody was really in the mood to sell, and nobody was in the mood to buy.

Oh I was in a mood, just didn't see anything of interest though Butch tempted me with the Stern Trek Prem that showed up on Saturday.

If it was there on Friday, I might have left with it.

#24506 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was in the mood to sell and buy lol. Just not in the mood to unload yet

#24507 1 year ago

I have a nice Getaway High Speed II for trade towards a Jersey Jack game. I’d prefer a Dialed in LE but would consider anything. Let me know what you got. Thanks!

#24508 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like people really just came to play and party, not to buy. I don't think I know ANYBODY who sold a machine there.

I actually sold all 3 of my games. But I also didn't have crazy prices on them really to begin with I don't think, and I was willing to go under my asking on two of them. I think all the buyers got good deals. Todd Tuckey even said I did a beautiful job on the games when he checked them out

Heck, I apparently went too low, since one of the buyers moved the game 30 feet and added $200 to my original asking, after haggling me down $275 from my original price. Definitely a crappy move in my eyes, but when he saw me looking at it, and he started to defend himself, I just said 'Hey, it's your game now to do with as you please.' I don't think he expected me to be back at the show, since I said I wasn't going to be there Saturday (plans changed, so I was). Not something I would ever do outright like that, but everyone is different, and it happens every year with at least one or two games from what I've seen.

But yeah, some games definitely sold. My various friends sold several games each as well, so it wasn't completely dead. Definitely slow on the sales though. It's become a player's show more than a buyer/sellers. Maybe they can make some changes to help with that next time around, we'll see.

#24509 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Heck, I apparently went too low, since one of the buyers moved the game 30 feet and added $200 to my original asking, after haggling me down $275 from my original price.

Wow that's wall of shame material

#24510 1 year ago

I hate how some feel the need to haggle just out of principle.

#24511 1 year ago

I went with cash to buy and came home with only a couple of key fobs

There were a few games I wanted but had really bad playfields (not priced for that) and a few that were just not for sale. I'll eventually find an 80's game to pick up.

I can't complain, I have a Rush Prem that arrived Sat night from the Pintastic floor that a friend of mine bought and delivered to IIA on loan for the summer.

#24512 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:Heck, I apparently went too low, since one of the buyers moved the game 30 feet and added $200 to my original asking, after haggling me down $275 from my original price.

Quoted from Pinash:

Wow that's wall of shame material

Honestly, I agree. I've seen people flip a game at the show after buying it, but it's usually a parking lot deal or something. Sometimes you see this though, and it still surprises me a little when it happens.

Quoted from LORDDREK:

I hate how some feel the need to haggle just out of principle.

I don't mind a haggle, and do it myself when I think it's worth doing or needed. When selling I usually assume I might need to haggle a little, and have my bottom price in mind if that happens. But to haggle just to try and flip it moments later, for more than the original asking, at the same location, feet away? Wow.

#24513 1 year ago

Well I didn't sell my Waterworld at Pintastic as I expected to. It's in great shape, definitely above average, and I was asking below average sales price. Kind of shocked it didn't go, actually.
Anybody looking for a DMD game on the cheap side? I had it last listed at 2600. It's all wrapped up and ready to go.

In case it takes the sting out of not selling it, just wanted to say that playing that Waterworld was unexpectedly one of my favorite parts of Pintastic. Thanks for bringing it. I'd never played one before

#24514 1 year ago

Buying a game at a show and slapping a new, higher price on it is a long-standing and time-honored pinball show tradition. Doesn't bother me any when I've sold a game and it's happened to me, and I've done the same.

I didn't actually SELL the game, but having it out there with a "make me a few hundred bucks" price on it made sense at the time. I mean ya never know.

There are so many "unwritten ettiquete" rules in pinball it's hard to keep track. So I just boil it down to one when selling a game: Once I've sold it to you and you've paid me, I do not care what you do with it. Set it on fire, sell it, trade it, eat it, turn it into a coffee table...knock yourself out it's yours now.

I can only assume you won't be keeping tabs on what I did with the money you paid me, so it's only fair.

#24515 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I just boil it down to one when selling a game: Once I've sold it to you and you've paid me, I do not care what you do with it. Set it on fire, sell it, trade it, eat it, turn it into a coffee table...knock yourself out it's yours now.

Yeah, that's why I said what I did when he started to say something about why he did it. I was like nope, it's yours now, do with as you please. But it still seems crappy when you're on the other end. I wouldn't do that at the same show I bought the game, at least not that blatantly, but everyone is different, and that's okay.

Back on threat topic...

Is everyone going to start posting their unsold games? I didn't bring everything to the show, so I'll have one or two more coming up for sale soon I think. I still have that Bally Safari if anyone is interested.

Still debating LW3. Not for sale yet, but perhaps I can be convinced if someone is interested, feel free to drop me a line.

#24516 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Oh man...time for some more "the bubble has burst" threads.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I sold 2 literally while I was loading to go home and they were wrapped up. Not ideal after running a booth for 2+ days but I'll take it.

No bubble, just typical. Selling machines has always been very tough at the show. Like I said earlier, it's a balance, if people don't buy, vendors won't come to sell.

My suggestion to Gabe (along with other people) was do late October early November and be closer to Christmas where people are looking to spend.

#24517 1 year ago

Sorry but however you slice it, if someone bought a game from me (and haggled me down), then slid it over 10 feet with a higher price that's a dick move.

#24518 1 year ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I sold 2 literally while I was loading to go home and they were wrapped up. Not ideal after running a booth for 2+ days but I'll take it.
No bubble, just typical. Selling machines has always been very tough at the show. Like I said earlier, it's a balance, if people don't buy, vendors won't come to sell.
My suggestion to Gabe (along with other people) was do late October early November and be closer to Christmas where people are looking to spend.

The fall slot is nice because it's much cooler, which makes the venue's constantly losing battle with their HVAC in rooms and the venue fairly irrelevant. It was hot as balls in the tournament area on Friday but that seemed to get better.

Fall is pretty crowded already with shows and tournaments though.

#24519 1 year ago
Quoted from byurick:

Sorry but however you slice it, if someone bought a game from me (and haggled me down), then slid it over 10 feet with a higher price that's a dick move.

Why?

If you weren't happy with the price you sold it for, you shouldn't have sold it. Selling it under your acceptable selling price was a dick move. You dick moved yourself!

#24520 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Yeah, that's why I said what I did when he started to say something about why he did it. I was like nope, it's yours now, do with as you please. But it still seems crappy when you're on the other end. I wouldn't do that at the same show I bought the game, at least not that blatantly, but everyone is different, and that's okay.
Back on threat topic...
Is everyone going to start posting their unsold games? I didn't bring everything to the show, so I'll have one or two more coming up for sale soon I think. I still have that Bally Safari if anyone is interested.
Still debating LW3. Not for sale yet, but perhaps I can be convinced if someone is interested, feel free to drop me a line.

It’s the haggling a lower price only to immediately turn around and jack up the price that seems distasteful

Almost makes me curious what haggling points were used to buy your game that somehow weren’t relevant the next day

#24521 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

I didn't make it to Pintastic this year but I was totally prepared to meet someone there if they were interested in the Road Show I posted last week.
Still open to offers!

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “1994 Williams Red & Ted’s Road Show pinball machine. Fully shopped, full LED, both heads disassembled, cleaned and working 100%, Titans, cliffys, Latest game code, LCD Color ...”
2022-09-29
Suffield, CT
6,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 831 times

#24522 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was hot as balls in the tournament area on Friday but that seemed to get better.

There was an HVAC crew working on one of the AC units outside on the back side of the building. I'm assuming it was malfunctioning around that time.

#24523 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There was an HVAC crew working on one of the AC units outside on the back side of the building. I'm assuming it was malfunctioning around that time.

Well good on them for fixing it. I was under the impression that fixing things didn't really happen around there.

Miracles do exist!

#24524 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why?

If you weren't happy with the price you sold it for, you shouldn't have sold it. Selling it under your acceptable selling price was a dick move. You dick moved yourself!

I agree with @byurick. I heard a story about Jordan from Fliptronic at TPF who bought a Fish Tales at the show. Then he saw a TSPP but already bought the Fish Tales. He got permission from the seller to put it back up for sale again for the same price. He felt bad about even reselling it in the first place. Very very cool. When someone buys a game from me, I expect them to buy it because they want to play it, not flip it 30 seconds later. There are positive and negative things about this community but going to shows to flip games at the same show is one of those negative things in my opinion.

#24525 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Oh man...time for some more "the bubble has burst" threads.

I sold 2 out of three..

#24526 1 year ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

It's not just that people are looking to spend, but it's hard to compete against the great weather we had. Tough to drag a family to a pinball show when it's perfect beach/boat weather. Just my two cents

#24527 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was hot as balls in the tournament area on Friday

OMG, at 8am Friday it was hot already (humid hot). I was volunteering doing door duty at the vendor hall and was getting uncomfortable just chatting with people. People setting up were even worse.

#24528 1 year ago
Quoted from ZodiacMunch:

In case it takes the sting out of not selling it, just wanted to say that playing that Waterworld was unexpectedly one of my favorite parts of Pintastic. Thanks for bringing it. I'd never played one before

It actually does, thanks for sharing. I had someone there tell me that too. "I didn't expect to like it as much as I did".

While it makes it even more surprising that it didn't sell, I was pretty happy to bring something that most people hadn't seen or played before.

#24529 1 year ago

I got the deal of the show with Hardbody!

#24530 1 year ago

I thought there were some good deals to be had but nothing that I couldn’t pass on. My concern about the show is the lack of pinball parts/mods vendors. I think it has gotten worse every year. I go to shows as much to see vendors like coin taker, lermods, tilt graphics, etc as I do to play the machines. Unfortunately, the only two such vendors there this year were Pingraffix and Mayfair (of which I purchased from both). I have no interest in vendors selling comic figurines, jacket patches, nintendo cartridges, etc. I’ve also mentioned in the past that I’m not a fan of restricting certain rooms of machines to people who only buy the deluxe 4 day admission or whatever it is. I understand the people that run the show are trying to make money by offering all of the different packages but I feel that the person that can only come for the day should have access to all of the machines. If you want to put a time limit on when the one day pass people can play them, that would be fine with me. But not having any access is disappointing. Just my 3 cents

#24531 1 year ago

My friend was attending and messaged me about some new floor games for the show. $6200 for a Godzilla from a distributor? If he had the cash on him and room to bring it back I would have bought it. That seemed like a decent deal to me?

#24532 1 year ago

I see some here complaining about non pinball vendors but personally I welcome them over empty space. I bought a few cute patches and my son scored a $35 dollar laptop with Doom on it. That alone saved my ass some huge money right there…

#24533 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I see some here complaining about non pinball vendors but personally I welcome them over empty space. I bought a few cute patches and my son scored a $35 dollar laptop with Doom on it. That alone saved my ass some huge money right there…

That's good for you but that's not why I, or most, go to pinball shows. I agree that it's better than empty space, but why isn't the space filled with pinball vendors like you see at Allentown, for example?

#24534 1 year ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I sold 2 out of three..

And I'm still sad I missed the Starship Troopers.

#24535 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I thought there were some good deals to be had but nothing that I couldn’t pass on. My concern about the show is the lack of pinball parts/mods vendors. I think it has gotten worse every year. I go to shows as much to see vendors like coin taker, lermods, tilt graphics, etc as I do to play the machines. Unfortunately, the only two such vendors there this year were Pingraffix and Mayfair (of which I purchased from both). I have no interest in vendors selling comic figurines, jacket patches, nintendo cartridges, etc. I’ve also mentioned in the past that I’m not a fan of restricting certain rooms of machines to people who only buy the deluxe 4 day admission or whatever it is. I understand the people that run the show are trying to make money by offering all of the different packages but I feel that the person that can only come for the day should have access to all of the machines. If you want to put a time limit on when the one day pass people can play them, that would be fine with me. But not having any access is disappointing. Just my 3 cents

I also would have really enjoyed one day access to the VIP room, even timed access which I’m sure would be annoying to set up and enforce (Thursday evening for an hour or two in this case), and would have happily paid extra for that.

#24536 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

It’s the haggling a lower price only to immediately turn around and jack up the price that seems distasteful
Almost makes me curious what haggling points were used to buy your game that somehow weren’t relevant the next day

Yeah. If he paid asking, then boosted the price to resell, then I would have gotten what I wanted, and he could try to do the same. Hardballing me down just to flip it for more than I was asking, that's just crappy. It wasn't even the next day it seems, not that it matters, same thing either way. As for haggling points, there weren't any reasons, he just offered less, and he didn't want to budge, even though my price was already fair. I finally relented and came down since he really seemed to want the game. Figured I would be nice, and just accept my lowest possible number on it. The impression I was given was that it was going to a good home, to a fan of the manufacturer and series of games in that era. Which is where the crappy part of it comes into play. I value honesty, and that kind of move just didn't feel all that honest. But hey, it's not like I asked what he planned on doing with it, nor would I. He had every right to do as he pleases, just like I do to call it out for being a crappy move if I think it was

But anyway, my original comment was more about how some things did sell, and not all prices were crazy high. I think a lot of people were trying to ride the price wave a little and see what would happen. I'm sure we'll see some of those games pop up soon for lower prices post-show. I've already seen some appear on here and on FB/CL. Hoping a few that didn't sell that I had interest in make their way on here soon.

I didn't see a $6200 GZ, which vendor did that? Automated looked like they were doing $6700 "show used" prices.

#24537 1 year ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

My friend was attending and messaged me about some new floor games for the show. $6200 for a Godzilla from a distributor? If he had the cash on him and room to bring it back I would have bought it. That seemed like a decent deal to me?

I saw that, best deal of the show IMO.

#24538 1 year ago
Quoted from Bospins:

I also would have really enjoyed one day access to the VIP room, even timed access which I’m sure would be annoying to set up and enforce (Thursday evening for an hour or two in this case), and would have happily paid extra for that.

There was a ton of feedback I heard floating around the show. Both from attendees and vendors, game bringers, etc. I think some changes are needed, so hopefully the feedback will make its way to Gabe in a positive, useful way.

#24539 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

I didn't see a $6200 GZ, which vendor did that? Automated looked like they were doing $6700 "show used" prices.

I (Pixels & Pinball) was selling floor models at very low prices so I wouldn’t have to bring them back to the store.

I still have floor models from the show for Rush and Mandalorian that I will be selling at my store for great prices, just not as aggressive as the show pricing.

Contact me if interested.

#24540 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I’m not a fan of restricting certain rooms of machines to people who only buy the deluxe 4 day admission or whatever it is. I understand the people that run the show are trying to make money by offering all of the different packages but I feel that the person that can only come for the day should have access to all of the machines. If you want to put a time limit on when the one day pass people can play them, that would be fine with me. But not having any access is disappointing. Just my 3 cents

Well said

#24541 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I agree, well said! I used to just borrow a buddy's lanyard and check out the "pay wall" room, and one year, just walked right in looking like I had purpose I don't even bother anymore.

#24542 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

That's good for you but that's not why I, or most, go to pinball shows. I agree that it's better than empty space, but why isn't the space filled with pinball vendors like you see at Allentown, for example?

Distance, scheduling, travel costs, vending space costs, time & effort, stress, etc. There's all sorts of reasons why a potential vendor might not want to or be able to set up at a show.

#24543 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Heck, I apparently went too low, since one of the buyers moved the game 30 feet and added $200 to my original asking, after haggling me down $275 from my original price.

I have been made aware, via multiple PMs from people that saw this situation go down, that the buyer in question (George Riley) has a very long reputation of negative feedback for shady things, unhappy customers, etc. I was unaware of this, and had no idea who he was, but some quick searches around here, and other places, seems to verify this. If I had known, I would have dealt with someone else, just on principle of community feedback. Ah well, at least now I know for future reference. Moving on, no use crying over shattered playfield glass.

Speaking of which, shoutout to Bob Butch Butch2099 for hooking me up with some brand new playfield glass on the cheap. Wish I could have snagged a Voodoo from you too, wanted to try one out.

#24544 1 year ago

Just listed my Super Chexx for sale. Basically brand new with very few plays.

Other - For Sale
“Like new Chexx with very few plays.”
2022-06-27
Bel Air, MD
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 63 times

#24545 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

buyer in question (George Riley)

he's always got terrible condition games for sale at exorbitant prices on albany craigslist (or is it facebook?) under his wife's name LOL

#24546 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

he's always got terrible condition games for sale at exorbitant prices on albany craigslist (or is it facebook?) under his wife's name LOL

We’ve got someone like that down here!

#24548 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

We’ve got someone like that down here!

Barry?

#24549 1 year ago

Being at pintastic really gave me a new perspective on how people feel about older machines not having perfect playfields or wear spots: they don't care as long as it plays good.

It was also interesting to see the pricing on machines. I personally felt the prices were overall not that great, and it seems many people there felt the same way.

I was also able to play several machines on my wishlist so I could find out if I wanted them or not, and now I definitely know I'd like to get an F-14, Swords of Fury, and Earthshaker at some point in the near future.

It's too bad there was no Jurassic Park premium to play, as that was one of the new machines I wanted to try.

#24550 1 year ago

Deal fell through, BM66 back up for grabs! Prefer cash sale or a trade for AFMr or Maiden Premium

Machine - For Trade
Batman 66 Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Only really looking for trades at this point for an AFMr or Maiden Premium. I am the second owner and the first had it HUO as well. I have not had a single issue with the game ...”
2022-06-15
Rogers, AR
Trade
Archived after: 25 days
Viewed: 2350 times

There are 30,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 491 of 607.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread/page/491?hl=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.