IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG
There are 30,363 posts in this topic. You are on page 414 of 608.
#20651 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Personally, I'm done for now with the used pin market and will decide between a NIB stern or spookey. I'm not supporting pinflation.

And you don't think those new in box games have risen in price recently?

#20652 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

interesting observation? what makes you say that? not that I disagree.

I’m not seeing any good deals here anymore and the volume of machines for sale has gone down. Seems like most just want to cater to the market which is wildly and highly inflated right now. But I guess that’s the new normal and the entry point for newbies. In my own mind it wasn’t like this before and I’m sure many long timers on this thread would agree. But I’m sure many of us remember when you could buy and Addams for $900! If I could only get into a Time Machine, get Lost in Space, find my way to a Space Station, land on Mars, get attacked, get revenge, take a Space Shuttle loaded full of cheap pins back to earth and go Back to the Future I’d be Ok. But I guess that’s just me Living in the twilight Zone

#20653 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

oh yes they have which adds to the whole point trying to be made. But why should anyone have to fight over used overpriced pins! That’s what I’m saying

#20654 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

I’m not seeing any good deals here anymore and the volume of machines for sale has gone down. Seems like most just want to cater to the market which is wildly and highly inflated right now. But I guess that’s the new normal and the entry point for newbies. In my own mind it wasn’t like this before and I’m sure many long timers on this thread would agree. But I’m sure many of us remember when you could by and Addams for $900! If I could only get into a Time Machine, get Lost in Space, find my way to a Space Station, land on Mars, get attacked, get revenge, take a Space Shuttle loaded full of cheap pins back to earth and go Back to the Future I’d be Ok. But I guess that’s just me Living in the twilight Zone

I guess you missed my listing. Good deals here in western mass.

#20655 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sure, we have all seen the slow price NIB creep but the pin market has jumped the shark in my eyes as well.

#20656 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

I’m not seeing any good deals here anymore and the volume of machines for sale has gone down. Seems like most just want to cater to the market which is wildly and highly inflated right now. But I guess that’s the new normal and the entry point for newbies. In my own mind it wasn’t like this before and I’m sure many long timers on this thread would agree. But I’m sure many of us remember when you could buy and Addams for $900! If I could only get into a Time Machine, get Lost in Space, find my way to a Space Station, land on Mars, get attacked, get revenge, take a Space Shuttle loaded full of cheap pins back to earth and go Back to the Future I’d be Ok. But I guess that’s just me Living in the twilight Zone

As a buyer/seller for 20 years I know what you're saying though I don't remember $900 Addams. Living in the past is something many of us suffer from. This is not reality. We must adjust to markets as they evolve. I've found patience to prevail over time. At least that's what worked for me but its certainty been more challenging than before. I suspect a reckoning of some type is in order. No market can sustain this growth without correction. And those corrections take place when least expected. A least that is my experiences, painfully!!! Of course I've been thinking this for 10 years and felt stupid for thinking so. I carefully navigate this market as it is. When the music stops I hope to have a set! best of luck to all with similar interests.

#20657 2 years ago

Under what conditions could you see prices leveling out? Now that’s it’s largely a collector hobby I can’t see prices changing all that much. It’s not like a new hot thing is gonna come along and operators will be throwing pins in dumpsters again.

Quoted from sagejr:

I’m not seeing any good deals here anymore and the volume of machines for sale has gone down. Seems like most just want to cater to the market which is wildly and highly inflated right now. But I guess that’s the new normal and the entry point for newbies. In my own mind it wasn’t like this before and I’m sure many long timers on this thread would agree. But I’m sure many of us remember when you could by and Addams for $900! If I could only get into a Time Machine, get Lost in Space, find my way to a Space Station, land on Mars, get attacked, get revenge, take a Space Shuttle loaded full of cheap pins back to earth and go Back to the Future I’d be Ok. But I guess that’s just me Living in the twilight Zone

Quoted from Ivan1496:

As a buyer/seller for 20 years I know what you're saying though I don't remember $900 Addams. Living in the past is something many of us suffer from. This is not reality. We must adjust to markets as they evolve. I've found patience to prevail over time. At least that's what worked for me but its certainty been more challenging than before. I suspect a reckoning of some type is in order. No market can sustain this growth without correction. And those corrections take place when least expected. A least that is my experiences, painfully!!! Of course I've been thinking this for 10 years and felt stupid for thinking so. I carefully navigate this market as it is. When the music stops I hope to have a set! best of luck to all with similar interests.

#20658 2 years ago

Are Addams Family and Twilight Zone both $10,000 machines? I thought some day I would be lucky to find a nice AF. But not at the current pricing.

#20659 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Under what conditions could you see prices leveling out? Now that’s it’s largely a collector hobby I can’t see prices changing all that much. It’s not like a new hot thing is gonna come along and operators will be throwing pins in dumpsters again.

It would seem to me that inflation itself could be that vehicle. I personally pay attention to markets and this a major concern as I hear/read. I can imagine that when overall living expenses increase rapidly expendables will be quick to go. Just an opinion as I'm hardly an economist.

#20660 2 years ago

Don't base the market on a handful of games. No, you probably won't find a deal on an AF or TZ anytime soon, or maybe ever again. I listed 2 sub $2k fully shopped System 11 games since COVID, neither sold quickly. I just posted a fully working Hollywood Heat for $1,500 here. Crickets. You can still get EMs for next to nothing. Fantastic deal on a Star Trek Premium earlier this week, I've also seen Stern Spiderman at reasonable prices. Both fantastic games. There are a handful of games going for stupid prices. Stop buying those and fueling the hysteria.

#20661 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Don't base the market on a handful of games. No, you probably won't find a deal on an AF or TZ anytime soon, or maybe ever again. I listed 2 sub $2k fully shopped System 11 games since COVID, neither sold quickly. I just posted a fully working Hollywood Heat for $1,500 here. Crickets. You can still get EMs for next to nothing. Fantastic deal on a Star Trek Premium earlier this week, I've also seen Stern Spiderman at reasonable prices. Both fantastic games. There are a handful of games going for stupid prices. Stop buying those and fueling the hysteria.

I think the people paying the stupid high prices are new to the hobby, frustrated with the lack of available pins for sale, and jump at the first good title being sold no matter the inflated price. I know several long time collectors who aren't buying anything right now, just trading pins with other collectors. No long term collector wants to buy pins at today's high prices if they think a pricing bubble burst (price correction) is coming soon.

#20662 2 years ago

Hi all, looking for 1 working numeric 7 digit display for my Millionaire. My P3 display is gone. May also be interested in a partial or complete working display board. Let me know what you have! Thanks

#20663 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

During covid folks were stuck home, nowhere to go, so a lot of extra cash in their pockets. It totally changed the consumer market. All collector markets skyrocketed: comics, baseball cards, Magic/Pokemon, console vids. All went up 2-3 times their values pre covid.

Things are opening back up, those extra dollars folks had will be going back into vacations, dining out, entertainment, etc. It is my hope that the market will correct after that.

Anyhoo, looking for a decent condition empty Fire! pinball cabinet, speaker panel, and/or 11A PCB (I know ha-ha).

#20664 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Hi all, looking for 1 working numeric 7 digit display for my Millionaire. My P3 display is gone. May also be interested in a partial or complete working display board. Let me know what you have! Thanks

Maybe, but not sure...will send PM

#20665 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I think the people paying the stupid high prices are new to the hobby, frustrated with the lack of available pins for sale, and jump at the first good title being sold no matter the inflated price. I know several long time collectors who aren't buying anything right now, just trading pins with other collectors. No long term collector wants to buy pins at today's high prices if they think a pricing bubble burst (price correction) is coming soon.

Agree 100%. We're in a pindemic right now. Soon to be the great pin bubble burst of 2021

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

During covid folks were stuck home, nowhere to go, so a lot of extra cash in their pockets. It totally changed the consumer market. All collector markets skyrocketed: comics, baseball cards, Magic/Pokemon, console vids. All went up 2-3 times their values pre covid.
Things are opening back up, those extra dollars folks had will be going back into vacations, dining out, entertainment, etc. It is my hope that the market will correct after that.

Agree 100%

#20666 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Agree 100%. We're in a pindemic right now. Soon to be the great pin bubble burst of 2021

I don't mind, with two Flash Gordons being built it keeps me from buying more.

#20667 2 years ago

I recently reaquired a Funhouse I sold to a friend in 2008. It is an awesome original survivor. No hacks, no mods, no LEDS. My friend called out of the blue and said he is selling his house and asked me if I wanted my game back. It hadn't moved an inch in thirteen years and the glass hadn't been removed once. This game came out of the Loch Ness Monster collection that we helped sell off between 2007 and 2008. It is a true time warp. Not for sale, the only trade I would be interested in right now is for an MMr. Thanks.

#20668 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Agreed. I am laying low. I gave a good deal out on my Trek Premium. Decided not to replace for the time being.

#20669 2 years ago

Waiting for Crazy Levi to come in and tear us all many new ones.

#20670 2 years ago

We are all waiting for the great "pin rush sell-off" of 2021. All those Covid home units just waiting to be freed, at a steep discount, that the flippers will sell for a premium. "Panning for pins"

#20671 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Waiting for Crazy Levi to come in and tear us all many new ones.

I’m just to happy to see our cranky Rhode Island friend experiencing the joys of a little OT posting in the NE sales thread.

#20672 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Agreed. I am laying low. I gave a good deal out on my Trek Premium. Decided not to replace for the time being.

ok I lied. I put a want ad out for tmnt pro. I want... don’t need. Depends $.

#20673 2 years ago

Yep, started a NJ thread so the Rhode Island pinsiders don’t get their nickers in an uproar when we post in this thread.

#20675 2 years ago

Price increase is probably due to an influx of new people in the hobby being of the 'gotta have it now' younger generation. They aren't willing to wait for a good deal and go nuts for the 'A' titles. The majority of us that are 40+ and have been in the hobby for years aren't typically the ones paying crazy prices.

To each their own though. As prices started getting crazy, I went from 12 pins to 3 and added arcades, slots, skee-ball, linked drivers, etc to have a more rounded game room aside from just all pins. Found great deals on that stuff. Couldn't be happier.

#20676 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Anyhoo, looking for a decent condition empty Fire! pinball cabinet, speaker panel, and/or 11A PCB (I know ha-ha).

Fairly certain I have a speaker panel.

#20677 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Was talking to a customer a couple of weeks ago about pins, like I tend to do with a good share of my customers, and he says the anvil market has seen a 5x price increase since Covid. The anvil market! The dude collects anvils.

#20678 2 years ago

i've moved on from the 80's/90's titles, because of the price increases. i think there's more value in used newer games now. when i started 5-6 years ago, that wasn't the case. $1800 WCS, $2k HS2 just don't exist anymore.

#20679 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

All collector markets skyrocketed: comics, baseball cards, Magic/Pokemon, console vids.

shout-out: magic.

#20680 2 years ago

This convo is fully on topic for the thread.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m just to happy to see our cranky Rhode Island friend experiencing the joys of a little OT posting in the NE sales thread.

#20681 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This convo is fully on topic for the thread.

Right. Cause pinball price bubble conversations only happen in the northeast.

And everywhere else. All the time. Every day.

It’s a pinball bubble?!?!

#20682 2 years ago

We are discussing price fluctuations in a for sale thread. Care to join us or do you guys just wanna piss all over the thread again?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right. Cause pinball price bubble conversations only happen in the northeast.
And everywhere else. All the time. Every day.
It’s a pinball bubble?!?!

#20683 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We are discussing price fluctuations in a for sale thread. Care to join us or do you guys just wanna piss all over the thread again?

This is a thread for buying and selling pins. Period, as youve reminded us angrily dozens of times. You have a game for sale, you post it, right? There’s 500 other ongoing pinball pricing/bubble threads. Now there’s 501?

#20684 2 years ago

I’ll come back when adults are speaking.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a thread for buying and selling pins. Period. You have a game for sale, you post it, right? There’s 500 other ongoing pinball pricing/bubble threads. Now there’s 501?
I love that you get to decide what’s OT and what isn’t here.
Please don’t send me an angry PM.

#20685 2 years ago

I just spit up my Coffee Milk

#20686 2 years ago

Do any of the adults here want to discuss regional cuisine in jersey, like the Ripper hot dog at the Rutt House?

I frequently indulge in such cuisine when buying and selling pins in New Jersey, making it fully on topic.

#20687 2 years ago

Yawn.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do any of the adults here want to discuss regional cuisine in jersey, like the Ripper hot dog?
I frequently indulge in such cuisine when buying and selling pins in New Jersey, making it relevant to buying and selling pins in the northeast.

#20688 2 years ago

Was excited to see 20+ posts in the thread. Oh wait, it is another mpdpvdpin pissing match.

#20689 2 years ago

Dammit. I ran out of downvotes.

#20690 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Was excited to see 20+ posts in the thread. Oh wait, it is another mpdpvdpin pissing match.

I’ll do my part to get this for sale thread back on topic and away from unrelated price bubble/pinball market trend Discussion:

Gorgeous X Men pro in NYC - uhhh let me think of a number....let’s say $4900? Trades considered!

Full LED, Newton ball mod!

#20691 2 years ago

Read it again, I post on topic and get bullied out repeatedly by a couple of users who want to troll about NJ and sandwiches. It ain’t my fault.

Quoted from Palmer:

#20692 2 years ago

Looking to buy a BM66 if anyone has any leads on one local. Thanks.

-Tom

#20693 2 years ago

Anyway.....I got a Williams '49 Star Series pitch and bat, needs shopped - 950. Also a cosmetically very nice needs to be shopped WCS '94 working for $3000. A shopped Flintstones fully led'd and immaculate for 3500. Any and all can come to Allentown show.

For those lamenting the $900 Addams Families and $700 TZ's imported from years past, quit crying, just add another zero to your buying and selling price and keep on keepin' on!

#20694 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Anyway.....I got a Williams '49 Star Series pitch and bat, needs shopped - 950. Also a cosmetically very nice needs to be shopped WCS '94 working for $3000. A shopped Flintstones fully led'd and immaculate for 3500. Any and all can come to Allentown show.
For those lamenting the $900 Addams Families and $700 TZ's imported from years past, quit crying, just add another zero to your buying and selling price and keep on keepin' on!

I'd be all over WCS if I had the space, very fair prices for very good titles, good luck with the sales

#20699 2 years ago

Sending angry PMs to strangers is not what I would call adult behavior!

But let's let bygones be bygones, and return this thread to its intended purpose: Adults posting for sale and wanted ads for pinball stuff in the Northeast!

I'm looking for cheap working used old school DMDs (or dot matrix displays, for those not into the whole brevity thing)! Heading out to Long Island tomorrow (way out, like Exit 63) for a pin pickup, anybody between there and Manhattan have any of these things they want to get rid of?

#20700 2 years ago

I've said it before, but I own a boxing club just outside of Boston. Any and every member of Pinside is welcome to come down and beat the shit out of each other. Just sign the waiver and go nuts.

There are 30,363 posts in this topic. You are on page 414 of 608.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread/page/414?hl=mizzou0103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.