5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,813 posts
  • 787 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by mtbpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 425 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,356 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_163004_(resized).jpg
tmp_5553-20160803_113350-1414929868.jpg
20160801_200751_(resized).jpg
20160802_232803_(resized).jpg
20160802_232233_(resized).jpg
IMG_3895_(resized).JPG
IMG_3877_(resized).JPG
IMG_3878_(resized).JPG
IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

There are 14813 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 297.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

No it's "how much for your wife". Love that movie would make a great pin

Hell yeah it would make a great pin ..... all the music the movie had, plus the well known actors.

#2002 4 years ago

sold..

#2003 4 years ago

Price Drop: I have a really nice Riverboat Gambler for sale. Fully loaded with Cointaker LEDs. Works 100% - its a sweet copy of the game. $1,550 or best offer

Pics:

http://bayoubilly70.smugmug.com/Pinball/Rbg/

Ashburnham, MA 01430

#2004 4 years ago

Patofnaud is correct. It's "How much for the little girl? How much for the women?"

Great movie! John Belushi's finest only exceeded by his Animal House performance a few years earlier.

Quoted from dannunz:

No it's "how much for your wife". Love that movie would make a great pin

#2006 4 years ago

BB would be an awesome theme! Have the ball jump over an opening ramp. Crash through the mall mode! But I digress... Someone buy my pins so I don't have to drag them to Pinfest.

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Someone buy my pins so I don't have to drag them to Pinfest.

Why drive to Pinfest when Pintastic is sooo much closer!
Pintastic.png

#2008 4 years ago

I think a lot of us may be holding out to see what is availible at the show. Nothing like a bunch of games on a pin to make me want to own it. Most times a pin grows on me the more I play it.

#2009 4 years ago

LOL Freudian.... I meant Pintastic. I'll be there Fri/Sat.

#2010 4 years ago

Ill have quite a few for sale at the show.

#2011 4 years ago

For Sale: NIB Metallica LED pro W/Shaker $4800 Super Firm.

Trade options.....
Star Trek Pro or premium
TF pro or LE
ACDC premium

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

For Sale: NIB Metallica LED pro W/Shaker $4800 Super Firm.
Trade options.....
Star Trek Pro or premium
TF pro or LE
ACDC premium

I have a HUO Star Trek Pro with a Flipper Fidelity LED backbox kit, Acrylic Light Speakers, LED Flipper buttons, and a set of mirror blades that aren't installed that I'd be open to trading you for the Metallica. Right now I'm in Ohio on vacation for a week. Looks like from York to RI it's about 6 1/2 hours. Maybe we could meet half way if this interests you. Shoot me a PM.

#2013 4 years ago

Top Score is sold.

#2014 4 years ago

Champion Pub $4100

Nice overall game that plays great, nice playfield. Nice board set. DMD is wavy for the first ten minutes then goes away completely (needs hv kit/caps)
New leg bolt plates, New center green punch/jump ramps (not installed)
Can take better pictures if needed, just ask.

Trades considered,
I will be going to Pintastic and this pin will be in freeplay.

DSC01986.JPG DSC01987.JPGDSC01989.JPGDSC01991.JPG

#2015 4 years ago

THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK TILL PINTASTIC!
Ok guys we are at 122 games in free play. After reviewing the list of people bringing games I have to say I am very disappointed in the local collector community. Only 42 collectors are making up that 122 games. You guys have wanted a show in New England for how many years and now you have one. I know there are at least 300 collectors in the New England area. A show can not be great with out the support of local collectors. So this is it please rent a u-haul, jam one into your SUV or car, get together with a friend. We need more games and this is it time has run out! Thank you to those 42 people you know who you are. Thanks Gabe

#2016 4 years ago

I'd bring both of mine if I could make it. Sorry Gabe and Derek
I'd also talk Nokoro into bringing his if he were able to go too.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Ok guys we are at 122 games in free play. After reviewing the list of people bringing games I have to say I am very disappointed in the local collector community. Only 42 collectors are making up that 122 games. You guys have wanted a show in New England for how many years and now you have one. I know there are at least 300 collectors in the New England area. A show can not be great with out the support of local collectors. So this is it please rent a u-haul, jam one into your SUV or car, get together with a friend. We need more games and this is it time has run out! Thank you to those 42 people you know who you are. Thanks Gabe

you will catch more fly's with honey! 42 collectors is a very respectable amount of people everyone is not able to make the show life gets in the way. i think you are getting a great response for your show, GLW the show i am sure it will be a great time for all.

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

It is also the very first year. Most events grow with time. I ran did a few events for American Coaster Enthusiasts at Canobie lake park. The first year I had to go nuts to hit 50 people. The next year it doubled to 100. Since then it has held its own with people coming from far and wide to go.

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I was under the impression people brought their games for the free play area in order to sell them? I'm not sure how many people would just truck their games from their homes for the sole purpose of putting them in the free play area only to bring them home afterward. I might have this completely wrong since I have only gone to one show (Allentown, 2015). Most of the pins there were up for sale. Quite a few of them left the show on the very first day.

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I was under the impression people brought their games for the free play area in order to sell them? I'm not sure how many people would just truck their games from their homes for the sole purpose of putting them in the free play area only to bring them home afterward. I might have this completely wrong since I have only gone to one show (Allentown, 2015). Most of the pins there were up for sale. Quite a few of them left the show on the very first day.

Many people do bring games to sell, since it's a good opportunity to do so. However, there are also folks who bring games to simply share with the community.

There are some perks to bringing a game for free play, even if you don't intend to sell one--free admission, early access to deals, meeting other pin owners, etc.

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I have to say I am very disappointed in the local collector community

Damn, c'mon now with this guilt trip shit. Maybe some of us don't have an easy way to get games in and out...maybe some of us don't want to bring a big vehicle down to haul a game..... maybe some of us don't want 1000 people banging on our personal machines all day...maybe some of us can't make it this year (like me)

It's great that a New England event is happening, and the work to organize it is not going unnoticed...however when you start pulling this crap, you are going to lose the momentum. My 2 cents

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Damn, c'mon now with this guilt trip shit. Maybe some of us don't have an easy way to get games in and out...maybe some of us don't want to bring a big vehicle down to haul a game..... maybe some of us don't want 1000 people banging on our personal machines all day...maybe some of us can't make it this year (like me)
It's great that a New England event is happening, and the work to organize it is not going unnoticed...however when you start pulling this crap, you are going to lose the momentum. My 2 cents

I concur. I was kinda put off when I read that.

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

2nd this.

Almost every scenario above applies. I don't have an easy way to get my pin out of my bulkhead, I don't have access to an SUV or truck that weekend, and though I don't care about the general public banging on a game I just brought back to life, family things just came up which make it look like I won't be able to attend at all. It sucks. My grail pin will be there and for sale, but I have to shelf hobbies when family calls.

I can understand the frustration of gauging interest on a pin show, jumping through all the hoops to get an actual event become a reality, and then not seeing the turnout you anticipated. It's a bummer, but scolding those who aren't making the trip shouldn't be the action of choice.

I've seen countless signs that this will be a great show. The organizers have done a great job with posts, announcements, deals, and even taking on some of the nay-sayers in various threads in a classy manner. Heighway, Big Bang Bar, all the vendors stepping up with deals (Invisiglass and ColorDMD off the top of my head), as well as a very healthy lineup of free play games already make Pintastic #1 a truly great event. I'm sure once it's over there will be enough buzz so that Pintastic #2 will be even crazier.

#2024 4 years ago

I'm sure the promotors are just tired from working their tales off getting this show going. No one should take offense to their request for more games. They just want a successful show after all their time energy and money. You couldn't ask for nicer promoters, with bigger hearts than Gabe and Derek. With all the registered games they have coming it will be a great fun show. Every year going forward it should continue to grow. I look forward to helping them and providing all the skills, tools, and machines I have, as this is like a pinball superbowl party for me. I think we could do better as New Englanders supporting it but I get it, it's a first year show. It's summer time people are busy on vacations, family runs etc. This year will be kickin and next year even bigger. At the worst lets kill this thing with amazing attendance, attitude, and give a big thanks to those 2 guys for sticking their necks out to provide us with a fun 2 days of pinball awesomeness.

#2025 4 years ago

Guys I was not trying to put anyone on a guilt trip or blame anyone in particular. I know its not easy to pull your games out and bring them to the show. Remember the show is also a great place to sell your games. If I came of as being harsh I apologize. From the beginning we have said this is not just our show but its for everyone in New England this is your show. Lets make it a great one!

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I'm sure the promotors are just tired from working their tales off getting this show going. No one should take offense to their request for more games. They just want a successful show after all their time energy and money. You couldn't ask for nicer promoters, with bigger hearts than Gabe and Derek. With all the registered games they have coming it will be a great fun show. Every year going forward it should continue to grow. I look forward to helping them and providing all the skills, tools, and machines I have, as this is like a pinball superbowl party for me. I think we could do better as New Englanders supporting it but I get it, it's a first year show. It's summer time people are busy on vacations, family runs etc. This year will be kickin and next year even bigger. At the worst lets kill this thing with amazing attendance, attitude, and give a big thanks to those 2 guys for sticking their necks out to provide us with a fun 2 days of pinball awesomeness.

I agree. I read that as frustration, and anyone that took it personally, well...

I've done enough ''truckin'' a pin to so many people in these threads it's ridiculous. Sure, I can understand you not wanting to transport a pin, risk of damage, etc, but I don't want to do it either. I do it, because it needs to be done. Pinball is for everyone. Share it. Or keep it to yourself, literally.

#2027 4 years ago

i am trying to help up - i can get my trailer there in the parking lot if it can stay - then somebody would have to unload it, and then load it back up on saturday night and i would pick it up - or if somebody is going thursday night they can borrow my excursion with my 20 foot trailer attached - and then bring it back saturday night after the show.

as much as it scares me i want to help and i am offering one of my rocky pinballs as i know most people haven't got to enjoy a rocky - i also can let my dm, cue ball wizard, big hurt, and harlem globetrotters be used in the free area.

if i can't get the trailer thing worked out i will just bring the rocky in the box car - trying to help - even trying to go to the show as i don't have the time - but i am trying to make time because a friend will go if i go.

thanks ed

#2028 4 years ago

You guys are awesome! We love you all and appreciate each and every one of you. We know its a PITA to bring a machine to a show. No one is trying to put anyone on a guilt trip any more than we want to fail. I've said this a hundred times, you all know this, but the honest truth is Gabe and I cannot make this event a success without our fellow brothers and sisters in the pin community. The stars of the show are the pinball machines. We all know that. That's why we keep asking you guys to bring your machines out. We need them if we're going to make Pintastic a success.

So please...don't take offense. Read up on all our posts throughout all the threads, we are so humbled and thankful to each and every one of you and that's fro the heart.

So thank you to each and everyone of you for you help and support. Weather you're bringing a game, attending, or just spreading the word, it's all a huge help to making Pintastic a success. We sincerely appreciate and thank you all guys. Looking so forward to seeing you all this week. Drive safe and can't wait for the fun!!! = )

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i am trying to help up - i can get my trailer there in the parking lot if it can stay - then somebody would have to unload it, and then load it back up on saturday night and i would pick it up - or if somebody is going thursday night they can borrow my excursion with my 20 foot trailer attached - and then bring it back saturday night after the show.
as much as it scares me i want to help and i am offering one of my rocky pinballs as i know most people haven't got to enjoy a rocky - i also can let my dm, Cue Ball Wizard, Big Hurt, and harlem globetrotters be used in the free area.
if i can't get the trailer thing worked out i will just bring the rocky in the box car - trying to help - even trying to go to the show as i don't have the time - but i am trying to make time because a friend will go if i go.
thanks ed

Ed...You are awesome and we love you brothah. We will have plenty of willing hands at the show to help unload and reload. Thank you and we appreciate it Ed.

#2030 4 years ago

Usually I don't post anything like that (those that have met me know I am usually chipper), but it rubbed me the wrong way. We all want it to be a success however its not easy for lots of us to just throw a couple pins in the back of a large vehicle and haul them down.

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

as much as it scares me i want to help and i am offering one of my rocky pinballs as i know most people haven't got to enjoy a rocky - i also can let my dm, Cue Ball Wizard, Big Hurt, and harlem globetrotters be used in the free area.
thanks ed

ED I would be more than happy to lend a hand to you in any way I can. Send me an email PM and or call me when you get there. I will help out or meet you there. FYI the Big Hurt was one of my first restores. NOS playfield then auto cleared.

#2032 4 years ago

I may be bringing down a couple machines. Which brings to mind a couple questions...

If one were to bring a trailer down to Sturbridge, will there be parking?
If one brought games down to freeplay/sell can we go to the seminars all day and not have to babysit them?
What kind of support for servicing machines will there be or do we have to lug our tools/parts down?

First rodeo and very apprehensive to let strangers beat on my machine(s) without looking over their shoulders. Or trying to sell a machine that gets broken and no way to repair onsite.

#2033 4 years ago

That is a really good question. Where can we park our U-Haul trailers for Fri / Sat?

#2034 4 years ago

This should all be in a Pintastic Logistics thread. For people interested in meeting up, need help, recommendations and questions.

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

ED I would be more than happy to lend a hand to you in any way I can. Send me an email PM and or call me when you get there. I will help out or meet you there. FYI the Big Hurt was one of my first restores. NOS playfield then auto cleared.

Never played a BIG hurt, i want to!

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Usually I don't post anything like that (those that have met me know I am usually chipper), but it rubbed me the wrong way. We all want it to be a success however its not easy for lots of us to just throw a couple pins in the back of a large vehicle and haul them down.

Believe me Max...we understand and get it my friend. No worries. We know your a great pin brother. You and your wife are always gracious about opening up your home and hosting parties. We know you're rep and passion brother. So no worries at all.

Anyone that can bring games or can help others get them to the show is greatly appreciated. Thank to you all! = )

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

This should all be in a Pintastic Logistics thread. For people interested in meeting up, need help, recommendations and questions.

I'm not registered as an official staff member but I was able to make a last minute reservation for Thur night so I can be there around 4:00p to help out in any way I can while the rest of my party will be arriving the following day. I guess I'll just look for anyone wearing a staff shirt and offer my assistance to anyone in need.

#2038 4 years ago

Danimi register now and you will be all set!

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Never played a Big Hurt, i want to!

I played Ed's .... you will want one

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

I may be bringing down a couple machines. Which brings to mind a couple questions...
If one were to bring a trailer down to Sturbridge, will there be parking?
If one brought games down to freeplay/sell can we go to the seminars all day and not have to babysit them?
What kind of support for servicing machines will there be or do we have to lug our tools/parts down?
First rodeo and very apprehensive to let strangers beat on my machine(s) without looking over their shoulders. Or trying to sell a machine that gets broken and no way to repair onsite.

Plenty of free parking for trailers.

We will have dedicated free play room staff who are there solely to watch the machines and police the area. So we are going to do our best to ensure no one abuses the any ones property. Machine abuse is also cause for ejection and will be posted outside the free play room.

You can catch every seminar without worry. Except for when someone wants to buy one of your machines!

Techs will e on hand to help repair games and keep them up and running. We're all in this together and want everything to run smoothly. If your machine breaks down, someone will call you to let you know so you can get it up and running again. If you need help, the techs will support you. Any costs associated with fixing your machine by a tech is between you and the tech of course, but they will be there to help and assist in any way they can.

Thanks.

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

opening up your home and hosting parties.

Due up for another one soon ...... its been a month since I hosted something ....going through withdrawals

#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

I'm not registered as an official staff member but I was able to make a last minute reservation for Thur night so I can be there around 4:00p to help out in any way I can while the rest of my party will be arriving the following day. I guess I'll just look for anyone wearing a staff shirt and offer my assistance to anyone in need.

Come find me when you get there D. I'll get you hooked up brothah. Thanks.

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Due up for another one soon ...... its been a month since I hosted something ....going through withdrawals

Gabe and I were bummed out because we were all set to attend your last event there in March I believe? But we ended up having a media team staff meet up that afternoon and night. so we were unable to attend.

Certainly hope I can have the pleasure of attending your next one bro. It'd be an honor to come check out your great game room and collection.

Thanks Max.

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Ed...You are awesome and we love you brothah. We will have plenty of willing hands at the show to help unload and reload. Thank you and we appreciate it Ed.

Yep - often been told I a big load - even by folk who don't know pinball!

Load em up!

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Danimi register now and you will be all set!

Done!

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Come find me when you get there D. I'll get you hooked up brothah. Thanks.

Will do!

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

thanks ed

let me clarify this - i can drop my trailer off while i am doing my trucking job - i can't unload it - i could drop it off around 9:45 or thursday night - or somebody can come to my house and just take both my excursion and trailer there - heck anybody is welcome to borrow my trailer and excursion to get their games there. it is a 20 foot enclosed trailer - it has been to allentown a few times - only once by me - the other times people borrowed it. i offered my trailer and excursion to pull it on the BPA and nobody contacted me.

sorry it just bad timing for me as it's vacation week at work so i am working 16 hour days at the hospital and then i truck every night, and then i am trying to finish up some houses to sell.

to those that don't know me i am on the mass/ri line right off rt 146 - uxbridge mass is what most people know. thanks ed

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

let me clarify this - i can drop my trailer off while i am doing my trucking job - i can't unload it - i could drop it off around 9:45 or thursday night - or somebody can come to my house and just take both my excursion and trailer there - heck anybody is welcome to borrow my trailer and excursion to get their games there. it is a 20 foot enclosed trailer - it has been to allentown a few times - only once by me - the other times people borrowed it. i offered my trailer and excursion to pull it on the BPA and nobody contacted me.
sorry it just bad timing for me as it's vacation week at work so i am working 16 hour days at the hospital and then i truck every night, and then i am trying to finish up some houses to sell.
to those that don't know me i am on the mass/ri line right off rt 146 - uxbridge mass is what most people know. thanks ed

Thanks Ed as far as I know me and Allen D were going to work together to unload your trailer when it arrives at the show. Thanks Gabe

#2048 4 years ago

anybody mind if I turn this back into the northeast for sale thread? I lowered sttng to 4500. it will be at the show. If you are not going to be there hit me up

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

anybody mind if I turn this back into the northeast for sale thread?

Seriously? Ugh, there's always one Debbie Downer in the group and his name is rcbrown316

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

anybody mind if I turn this back into the northeast for sale thread? I lowered sttng to 4500. it will be at the show. If you are not going to be there hit me up

I am sure at the show she will sell. STNG is a great game, just wish it was lighter....damn stairs!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
$ 15.00
$ 1,099.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.00
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 399.95
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
$ 16.00
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 10.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 14813 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 297.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside