IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

There are 30,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 604.
#16101 3 years ago

I hate the term "upstate".

It implies (to me) there is NYC, LongIsland, and everyone else that doesn't matter.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in NYC on a normal day!

#16102 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I hate the term "upstate".
It implies (to me) there is NYC, LongIsland, and everyone else that doesn't matter.
You couldn't pay me enough to live in NYC on a normal day!

I enjoyed at one time the odd weekend visit but the thought of living there with all the traffic and people? No thanks.

#16103 3 years ago

For Sale or Trade

Class of 1812
2950$ or Best
Also willing to take trades and could add $1500 in cash on top

See ad
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93254

#16104 3 years ago

Friend of mine owns a business and wants a pinball machine. He's looking at going under $2k (especially with the current state of social distancing shutting everyone down including his place). Was wondering what people had locally in NH area below $2k but fully working (no projects or repair nightmares).

Not sure what his time frame is but I figured I would put out a feeler. At least he could see what his options are (PM me with details)

#16105 3 years ago

Max_Badazz this is probably the worst time to buy a pin as you're limited to where you can buy it. Also, with the virus situation, not many will want to deliver.
You may need someone local nearby who can do it.

#16106 3 years ago

Question......So with this lockdown can you get a ticket traveling across state boarders if you are picking up a machine?

#16107 3 years ago

Heads up--we received a message today from a member who went to buy two NIB pins in Albany, NY and the buyer said he was robbed at gunpoint by the seller. That's all the info we have at the moment.

Obviously, this was a shock to hear. As things get worse, people may be getting more desperate and/or bold. Be careful out there.

#16108 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Heads up--we received a message today from a member who went to buy two NIB pins in Albany, NY and the buyer said he was robbed at gunpoint by the seller. That's all the info we have at the moment.
Obviously, this was a shock to hear. As things get worse, people may be getting more desperate and/or bold. Be careful out there.

Geezus!

#16109 3 years ago

Please stay home during this time.. Pinball is less important and will be plentiful in the upcoming months. Beware of scams right now. It's only going to be
worse. Deal only with people you know.

#16110 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's terrible.

Can you give us a heads up as to whether it was a sale from pinside or a sale from elsewhere?

#16111 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Deal only with people you know.

It sounds like they buyer & seller may have had a previous transaction at some point. So, just because you have interacted with someone before, doesn't mean it's 100% safe, especially if they are desperate or get tempted by the lack of police response in certain areas.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Can you give us a heads up as to whether it was a sale from pinside or a sale from elsewhere?

Unknown at this time.

#16112 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It sounds like they buyer & seller may have had a previous transaction at some point. So, just because you have interacted with someone before, doesn't mean it's 100% safe, especially if they are desperate or get tempted by the lack of police response in certain areas.

Very interesting.. If that's the case, can't the buyer report this transaction to the police?

#16113 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Very interesting.. If that's the case, can't the buyer report this transaction to the police?

You're missing the point here. In times of pandemic, rioting, or war, very often the police are the first to stop showing up. Some people take advantage of that.

#16114 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Quoted from radial_head:

You're missing the point here. In times of pandemic, rioting, or war, very often the police are the first to stop showing up. Some people take advantage of that.

For example:

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/03/syracuse-police-wont-respond-non-emergency-calls-to-protect-cops-from-coronavirus.html

#16115 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Holy fahck.

#16116 3 years ago

Wow, Crazy that no police will respond. I'd say a gun to the face is an emergency. But hell, knowing this I would not buy a pin at this time or anything
expensive.

#16117 3 years ago

Anyone selling the following games local to Central PA? Twilight Zone, Dialed In or possibly WOZ? I live near Harrisburg/Lancaster PA area and have to stay local for this virus crap

#16118 3 years ago

Still looking for Grand Lizard, ES, Diner, and Space Station within a few hours of Erie PA or Buffalo, NY

#16119 3 years ago

Lol and I got blasted online for saying the police weren’t showing up to non-emergency calls!
It’s annoying that I share facts and people bury there heads in the sand! This shit is REAL.
Be safe guys! Bring friends. Be wary of purchases, and the neighborhood you’re going to

#16120 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Anyone selling the following games local to Central PA? Twilight Zone, Dialed In or possibly WOZ? I live near Harrisburg/Lancaster PA area and have to stay local for this virus crap

I have a TZ I could trade but I’m looking for DI, Elvira, MMr and a few others. Virus makes it a challenge. They just issued state at home for MD

#16121 3 years ago

Nice multicade in Namco cabinet, 27" monitor. Pandoras Box 4s board with 800+ games. Monitor is nice, works 100%, free play or coin drop. $550

#16122 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not a smart move especially right now the police could care less. Stay home.

#16123 3 years ago

Any connection to that suspicious deal a few weeks ago where that guy was selling 9 top tier games for cheap for his dad?

Quoted from ForceFlow:

#16124 3 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Any connection to that suspicious deal a few weeks ago where that guy was selling 9 top tier games for cheap for his dad?

That's the first thing I thought of too

#16125 3 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That was supposedly in Long Island. Lots of scams out there but It sounds like this goes beyond that. This sounds more like a betrayal.

#16126 3 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Is there a link to this somewhere? Several months ago I had what sounded like a teenager call me out of the blue to sell some newer games for his father, then call right back to say they weren't for sale, then call back again to say sorry, they still weren't for sale. Very weird. Same person maybe?

With all this state lockdown-ing, are shipping companies like UPS, Fedex, etc. still shipping across state lines? Would hate to order from PBL and GPE just to have the stuff sitting in a warehouse for months.

#16127 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Is there a link to this somewhere? Several months ago I had what sounded like a teenager call me out of the blue to sell some newer games for his father, then call right back to say they weren't for sale, then call back again to say sorry, they still weren't for sale. Very weird. Same person maybe?
With all this state lockdown-ing, are shipping companies like UPS, Fedex, etc. still shipping across state lines? Would hate to order from PBL and GPE just to have the stuff sitting in a warehouse for months.

Fed-Ex/UPS/etc. are certainly still shipping, as well as every other logistic company out there...

#16128 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Fed ex, etc are essential employees and are shipping. Many of the stay at home orders don't impact single travel *yet*. For example I am the sole proprietor for my business so I could have stayed open had my building not shut me out. In MA our stay at home is merely a suggestion. Many states still allow for outdoor activities and travel.

#16129 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I actually was in contact with someone who said they were from downstate but had games in their storage locker in Albany NY a few months ago. Same story, it was not his, it was his dad's games. It seemed fishy and I never followed up on it. Was not NIB though. ForceFlow if you want to PM me details we can see if it matches the MO.

#16130 3 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

I actually was in contact with someone who said they were from downstate but had games in their storage locker in Albany NY a few months ago. Same story, it was not his, it was his dad's games. It seemed fishy and I never followed up on it. Was not NIB though. forceflow if you want to PM me details we can see if it matches the MO.

When I spoke to him originally it was in Newburgh, then he called me a week later trying to sell me a Beatles platinum, he told me he would deliver, I said ok , then he was like you have to meet us in queens, I was like yeah right, get lost! I have the number he originally texted from if you want to private message me

#16131 3 years ago

I’m hesitant to carry 1k cash... would only do PayPal above that to a complete stranger ... if I knew the person I’d do cash.

Suppose you could still be threatened/scammed with PayPal but at least you have a paper (digital) trail, post crime

Scary event...

#16132 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

When I spoke to him originally it was in Newburgh, then he called me a week later trying to sell me a Beatles platinum, he told me he would deliver, I said ok , then he was like you have to meet us in queens, I was like yeah right, get lost! I have the number he originally texted from if you want to private message me

They will surface again. Next time, they’ll either be police, or someone packin ready for an ambush

#16133 3 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

They will surface again. Next time, they’ll either be police, or someone packin ready for an ambush

Sounds like they assumed the buyer would be unarmed... that could have been ugly of he was carrying. I'm thinking if someone pulls a gun on you for your cash and you are carrying, you're gonna defend yourself. A pinball shootout

#16134 3 years ago

AKA: Sharkey's Shootout

Quoted from yzfguy:

Sounds like they assumed the buyer would be unarmed... that could have been ugly of he was carrying. I'm thinking if someone pulls a gun on you for your cash and you are carrying, you're gonna defend yourself. A pinball shootout

#16135 3 years ago

I carry everywhere, never know. Sold a few NOS GI Joe vehicles to a collector once, he had me meet him in a busy restaurant parking lot. After the deal was done he told me about a time he met someone to buy $$$ baseball cards, guy ended up pistol whipping him and taking a few grand from him. He said the guy actually attempted to shoot him first, but the firearm malfunctioned. Unless I really know someone, I trust no one. Too many people go through life blissfully blind to the scum around us. Use common sense, don't go alone if it seems sketchy, keep your head on a swivel, and wear protection .

#16136 3 years ago

WTB: 1-3 Color DMD’s. I’ll trade you my HUO DMD’s to put in your game and throw in cash. Make me an offer.

#16137 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's some scary stuff. Please update as info comes in. Were NIB pins advertised on Pinside or somewhere else!?! I'm not downplaying the severity of the sitation but that sounds like a Craigslist scam all day long. the good peeps of Pinside know each other well enough to do business even in tough times but pins at gunpoint is a new low.

#16138 3 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Does Derek still have his from the first pintastic? I remember a late 2 AM surprise/pain in the ass install to unveil the color dmd on that.

Yes he does but will never sell lol

#16139 3 years ago

Wow this is NUTS....right in my back yard too as I live in Albany, NY. Is the guy who was help up @ gunpoint ok other than being robbed? Crazy! CRAZY!! CRAZY!!! I can't believe this....just wow! Was a ad on Pinside or another site like FB Market or Craigslist? I'd be very apprehensive of any deals that sound too good to be true right now. I am in SHOCK!

#16140 3 years ago

FS WOZ ECLE

Nice

Has a ware spot in front of the wizard hole. But works nice and has 5v boards with filter boards. $6500

#16141 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Wow this is NUTS....right in my back yard too as I live in Albany, NY. Is the guy who was help up @ gunpoint ok other than being robbed? Crazy! CRAZY!! CRAZY!!! I can't believe this....just wow! Was a ad on Pinside or another site like FB Market or Craigslist? I'd be very apprehensive of any deals that sound too good to be true right now. I am in SHOCK!

I don’t know about this deal, but the one I was offered was originally posted on LI CL

#16142 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

We also don't even know who this victim is, or if he made the story up so his wife wouldn't be mad he lost 15k online gambling.

#16143 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It’s Albany... you’re shocked about a robbery? They only happen every day down there lol
If it’s not a robbery it’s a shooting.
It’s night and day between some parts of Albany! I’ve a lot of Pinhead friends who live there... no offense but I sure as hell wouldn’t!

#16144 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It’s Albany... you’re shocked about a robbery? They only happen every day down there lol
If it’s not a robbery it’s a shooting.
It’s night and day between some parts of Albany! I’ve a lot of Pinhead friends who live there... no offense but I sure as hell wouldn’t!

It's Albany, NY....not friggin Chicago! I've grown up in Albany County my whole life. Very safe.....downtown Albany has it's problems especially Arbor Hill and the college ghetto around College of Saint Rose, Quail Street to Washington Park but the outlying areas of Albany County is no different than Saratoga.

#16145 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It's Albany, NY....not friggin Chicago! I've grown up in Albany County my whole life. Very safe.....downtown Albany has it's problems especially Arbor Hill and the college ghetto around College of Saint Rose, Quail Street to Washington Park but the outlying areas of Albany County is no different than Saratoga.

Those are exactly the places I’m talking about! Now we still haven’t heard where abouts this happened, but man if the guy went to ANY of those areas...
Those places have only gotten worse imo. All though they’ve really turned Schenectady around and they’re trying hard with Troy.

#16146 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Not a smart move especially right now the police could care less. Stay home.

You want to sniff out a criminal? Tell them you will meet them at a local police station for the exchange.....

#16147 3 years ago

Original OEM Funhouse playfield plastics set NEW. $150

Added over 4 years ago:

FUNHOUSE PLAYFIELD PLASTICS SET. 50 piece set, $150 shipped to US. pls PM to contact me directly as i won't see responses here. thanks!

#16148 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

You want to sniff out a criminal? Tell them you will meet them at a local police station for the exchange.....

Pretty hard sell when you're buying something that weighs 300lbs. If someone asked me to meet them at a public location for the trade, I'd charge em a delivery fee tbh.

#16149 3 years ago

Funhouse complete ramp set - new includes 4 pieces and decal. Main ramp, steps ramp, subway and switch box $300

#16150 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Those are exactly the places I’m talking about! Now we still haven’t heard where abouts this happened, but man if the guy went to ANY of those areas...
Those places have only gotten worse imo. All though they’ve really turned Schenectady around and they’re trying hard with Troy.

Schenectady & Troy are far worse than Albany. Schenectady & Troy might look cosmetically nicer in recent years however it stops there. Just because there's a few nice new bars and Casino in Schenectady doesn't mean the corner of Albany St & Steuben is no longer the drug & drive by shooting capital of Upstate, NY. Hamilton Hill is far worse than Arbor Hill. As for Troy it's still a shithole! It will always be a shithole! All the shootings and killing in the Lansingburgh area of Troy have ruined that city! They don't call it Troylet because it's nice! All 3 cities are the halfway point for pushing drugs up through NYC and into Vermont, NH & Maine. The Bloods & Crips as well as the Latin Kings are all present in all three cities in pretty big numbers. Also there are two local gangs in Albany that are growing in numbers too OGK (Original Gangsta Killers) & Jungle. They have made those areas of downtown Albany you mention places you don't goto after dark.

There are 30,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 604.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.