IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG
There are 30,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 608.
#15651 4 years ago

confused by the dichotomy of "honorable to buy at as low a price as possible" and "not honorable to sell at as high a price as possible"

#15652 4 years ago

I saw it as soon as it was posted. I stay away from these as they usually are disappointments or people trying to turn sale into an auction.

#15653 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

I saw it as soon as it was posted. I stay away from these as they usually are disappointments or people trying to turn sale into an auction.

Wrong post. I meant the Taxi on Craigslist.

#15654 4 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

confused by the dichotomy of "honorable to buy at as low a price as possible" and "not honorable to sell at as high a price as possible"

Well, here's an example of the difference, it's about not honoring what was said.

Had a guy about a month back with a museum quality piece I was excited for, told me I could have it for the price asked and then ghosted me

While politely waiting, I missed the opportunity to buy another awesome version of the game, believing my deal was still good. It's a fairly rare game so it really stung.

#15655 4 years ago

Looking for a TNA in the New England area (CT) ..have a nice Whitewater coming in on Sunday to trade...PM if interested.

#15656 4 years ago

Anyone have a Flash for sale? Looking for a player or project machine.

#15657 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Dickish move otherwise

The hobby is somewhat cutthroat. Older pins are becoming more rare, unless you wanna fork over the inflated prices ppl sell them on here for. (Sorry Levi, price policing is damn necessary)

I was lucky my last go round with my bad cats: I offered what it was listed for, $2100, and set a time to come grab. The second guy in line offered $2500, but the seller told me he would stay true to his word and sell to me. Kinda rare.

Anyway, you gotta have cash on hand, and ready to go NOW when this shit pops up.

#15658 4 years ago

I dont understand why people dont see value in pins that are repaired by someone and are working 100%. Since getting in to this hobby every pin I have purchased but 2 have needed 100 of dollars of repairs and I try to sell it for just what I have in part cost and what I originally paid for the pin and all I get is I have it listed for too much money.

#15659 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I dont understand why people dont see value in pins that are repaired by someone and are working 100%. Since getting in to this hobby every pin I have purchased but 2 have needed 100 of dollars of repairs and I try to sell it for just what I have in part cost and what I originally paid for the pin and all I get is I have it listed for too much money.

I feel ya, but at the same time, every time I buy a '100% working' pin there's always issues anyway so I've bought more 'assume nonworking, as is' pins off CL randos that were actually fully working than actually fully working games from members of the hobby

#15660 4 years ago

I rarely post fs games on pinside. I sell most of my games on cl to collectors and newbies.
On pinside, i rarely get a response unless i go to " give it away " price .
I have not had anyone haggle or not buy one of my games who has come to look at one.
They are always surprised that my description is so accurate.

#15661 4 years ago

Have some games for sale. I am thinning down the collection. Posting a lot of games. Will put ads up soon.I also will list on Facebook Marketplace and probably Craigslist ... all the games listed are in good condition. I am in eastern PA and prefer not to ship only because I'd rather the people see the games that they're getting.
Addams Family with the new Playfield $6,300
Twilight Zone $6,500
Metallica $5,200
Creature from the Black Lagoon $5,200
Tales from the Crypt $2,900
Bram Stoker's Dracula $3,100
Will be listing in the near future
Grand lizard
8 Ball Deluxe Le
Earthshaker
Nitro Ground Shaker
Prices are what I'm looking to get.
I am looking for cash for the games.. but may take trade plus cash.

#15662 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Lets say you buy a working game at a fair price, you own the game for 2 months, and then a transistor dies, takes out a coil with it. If you replace that coil and transistor, is your game now worth [fair price] + [coil price] + [transistor price] + [cost of 2 hours labor]?

If you replace that transistor by buying a brand new board, is your game now worth [fair price] + [board price] + [15 minutes labor]?

#15663 4 years ago

Value goes down because the game is now 2 months older and passed around

#15664 4 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

Have some games for sale. I am thinning down the collection. Posting a lot of games. Will put ads up soon.I also will list on Facebook Marketplace and probably Craigslist ... all the games listed are in good condition. I am in eastern PA and prefer not to ship only because I'd rather the people see the games that they're getting.
Addams Family with the new Playfield $6,300
Twilight Zone $6,500
Metallica $5,200
Creature from the Black Lagoon $5,200
Tales from the Crypt $2,900
Bram Stoker's Dracula $3,100
Will be listing in the near future
Grand lizard
8 Ball Deluxe Le
Earthshaker
Nitro Ground Shaker
Prices are what I'm looking to get.
I am looking for cash for the games.. but may take trade plus cash.

Very interested in the Addams Family. Please contact me!

#15665 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Value goes down because the game is now 2 months older and passed around

You'd think so, but as a buyer, if I was second in line on a game for X dollars, and then first in line bought it, kept it for a few months, and then offered it to me for X dollars, it's not like I'm going to go "X is no longer a fair market rate for this game I would literally have paid X for a month ago". I'm going to buy the game...

#15666 4 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Lets say you buy a working game at a fair price, you own the game for 2 months, and then a transistor dies, takes out a coil with it. If you replace that coil and transistor, is your game now worth [fair price] + [coil price] + [transistor price] + [cost of 2 hours labor]?
If you replace that transistor by buying a brand new board, is your game now worth [fair price] + [board price] + [15 minutes labor]?

You are correct. Working games are worth what they are worth, depending on title, condition, and within a certain range depending on location in the country, add-ons, etc. If somebody comes along and buys a game in mediocre shape but pays towards the top of the range, then has to put hundreds of dollars into it to get it working correctly, he is not going to recover that money. He paid too much for a non- or marginally working game and he will eat the added cost. I see it all the time, mostly with newbies who don't know any better (sad) or self-styled "pickers" who know everything!

#15667 4 years ago

Nice Bram Stoker's Dracula for sale. Trades considered.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Nice looking Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Has a new rottendog driver board, new mist opto board, full LED kit including flashers, led strip lighting and spot lights. The playfield an...”
2020-02-20
New Hartford, CT
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 528 times
Contributed to Pinside

#15668 4 years ago
Quoted from jhngh41:

Very interested in the Addams Family. Please contact me!

Hey newbie, when someone posts their stuff for sale usually the buyer contacts THEM!

#15669 4 years ago

Considering selling my 1979 Bally Kiss. Mint backglass, very nice playfield with minor touchup around black middle inserts. Otherwise very nice playfield. No cracked plastics, new drop targets, removable plastic playfield protector installed, full LEDs, reproduction #555 socket center lamp board installed, power supply fully rebuilt with new bridges and heat sinks. All connectors repinned, Altek MPU. $3500.00 or trade..

Trades I'm looking for:

Dracula, Shadow and maybe others.

#15670 4 years ago

Anyone in the NY area have any of the following for sale: Alice Cooper, TAF, AFM-SE, CQ Flash Gordon, Fathom ? Pm me Thanks

#15671 4 years ago

Looking for an upright driving arcade like Fast and Furious but others considered.

#15672 4 years ago

Hi,
I am looking to part with the following.
2 voodoo glass
2 stern anti glare gladd
Bally star trek gold cpr playfield
Star trek cpr proto backglass
CPR star trek plastic set
Shay arcade quick draw back glass
Repo gorgar back glass
Really nice pioneer back glass
Earthshaker sinking institute mod
Mike dallass ac dc tv mod
I also have
Ac dc premium
Star trek le
Americas most haunted
Thunderbirds
Star trek topper
Ac dc topper
Star trek le translite
Let me know if you have any interest.

#15673 4 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Anyone in the NY area have any of the following for sale: Alice Cooper, TAF, AFM-SE, CQ Flash Gordon, Fathom ? Pm me Thanks

Fathom.. Good game.

#15674 4 years ago
Quoted from lastinterceptor:

Hi,
2 voodoo glass
2 stern anti glare gladd
Repo gorgar back glass
I also have
Ac dc premium
Star trek le
Americas most haunted
Thunderbirds
Star trek topper
Ac dc topper
Star trek le translite

I can vouch for the Voodoo glass. I bought two sheets recently and they are great!

#15675 4 years ago
Quoted from lastinterceptor:

Hi,
2 voodoo glass
2 stern anti glare gladd
Repo gorgar back glass
I also have
Ac dc premium
Star trek le
Americas most haunted
Thunderbirds
Star trek topper
Ac dc topper
Star trek le translite

What are the prices???

#15676 4 years ago

In case anyone in the area isn’t as tapped into the CT scene I figured this might be the best place to drop this here on pinside even though it’s not a for sale post. Many of you in this thread knew him. Taxman has unfortunately passed away this week. He was an incredibly close friend of mine and will forever be missed. Here is a cut and paste of what I’ve been passing around to inform everyone of the wake and how the pin community here is celebrating his life.

-Jim

I’m very saddened to say that an amazing member of our community and close friend, Dave Tkacs aka Taxman, has passed away this week.
There will be a wake this Monday February 24th from 4-7 PM. I hope everyone can take the time to come out and pay their respects and show everyone how important he was to our community. After the wake we will all meet back at The Sanctum to celebrate his life. We will be delaying the opening of The Sanctum until 7:30 and we will start league at 8 instead.

The address of the funeral home is:
Adzima Funeral Home
50 Paradise Green Place Stratford, Connecticut 06614

There has been a request for no flowers and in lieu please make donations to the Connecticut humane society at 455 post road Westport ct 06884. If you plan on attending our celebration at the sanctum you can donate there and the donation will be matched by one of our players in the community.

#15677 4 years ago

Looking to buy an Aerosmith in New England. If anyone has one they are looking to sell shoot me a message.

#15678 4 years ago

I did not know him but sorry for loosing a friend.

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

In case anyone in the area isn’t as tapped into the CT scene I figured this might be the best place to drop this here on pinside even though it’s not a for sale post. Many of you in this thread knew him. Taxman has unfortunately passed away this week. He was an incredibly close friend of mine and will forever be missed. Here is a cut and paste of what I’ve been passing around to inform everyone of the wake and how the pin community here is celebrating his life.
-Jim
I’m very saddened to say that an amazing member of our community and close friend, Dave Tkacs aka Taxman, has passed away this week.
There will be a wake this Monday February 24th from 4-7 PM. I hope everyone can take the time to come out and pay their respects and show everyone how important he was to our community. After the wake we will all meet back at The Sanctum to celebrate his life. We will be delaying the opening of The Sanctum until 7:30 and we will start league at 8 instead.
Adzima Funeral Home
There has been a request for no flowers and in lieu please make donations to the Connecticut humane society at 455 post road Westport ct 06884. If you plan on attending our celebration at the sanctum you can donate there and the donation will be matched by one of our players in the community.

#15679 4 years ago

Taxman has unfortunately passed away this week. He was an incredibly close friend of mine and will forever be missed.

Jim, sorry to hear that dude. I knew Dave and we hung out at Pintastic the year before last. I’d certainly come if I was in the area.

#15680 4 years ago

Have a nice dual monitor capped punch out and cash looking for Trade possibly Drac, taxi, what do you have?

#15681 4 years ago

-Jim
Adzima Funeral Home

Had no idea. I do recognize his username. Very sorry for your loss.

#15682 4 years ago

Does anyone have a Kiss Pro or Iron Maiden for sale in the PA area? Can be picked up in person. Thanks.

#15683 4 years ago

Looking for an AFMr. Preferably an SE. would also consider an original.

#15684 4 years ago

-Jim
Adzima Funeral Home

So sorry to hear, I had been back and forth with him a few times via pm on certain things and did meet him at pintastic. Very sorry to hear!

#15685 4 years ago

Loaded Ghostbusters Pro for sale or trade located in Morganville, NJ.

Topper
ColorDMD
Green powdercoat
Tons and tons of other stuff

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-trade-loaded-ghostbusters-pro-topper-colordmd

Added over 4 years ago:

Sold

#15686 4 years ago

GreenMachine19 I have a Bally AFM for sale in Providence. Pm me for details.

#15687 4 years ago

Posting the steal of the week just for you.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “High Speed: Legalized Robbery! It’s Too Cheap! Up for grabs is my High Speed! Excellent Cabinet, good playfield with a few touchups in the out-lanes and touchups in the upper hal...”
2020-02-23
Crofton, MD
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 1010 times
Contributed to Pinside

#15688 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Lol far from a steal. Those rottendog mpus are junk, playfeild wear, backglass wear, I'd say a fair price but far from a steal.

#15689 4 years ago

Nice players Comet for sale in Maryland. Also open to trades.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Works 100% with full LEDs. Nice players machine with mylar still on. New Freeplay40 spiral and cycle jump ramps. Cliffy on center ramp to cover typical crack. Some planking is e...”
2020-02-23
Gaithersburg, MD
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 496 times

#15690 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Hahaha! I see what you did there!

#15691 4 years ago

Hey, anybody with a Haunted House that may want to trade for a player's condition Taxi. I am trying to work out a deal with a fellow and he wants an HH. I had planned to replace the PF in a couple of months and have a new set of plastics and ramps here waiting for it. Plays great, PCB's are clean. I can snap some pics if interested. Only looking to trade for an HH right now.

#15692 4 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hey, anybody with a Haunted House that may want to trade for a player's condition Taxi. I am trying to work out a deal with a fellow and he wants an HH. I had planned to replace the PF in a couple of months and have a new set of plastics and ramps here waiting for it. Plays great, PCB's are clean. I can snap some pics if interested. Only looking to trade for an HH right now.

Speaking of very specific trades - I’d consider getting rid of X Files or JP: The Lost World for a Johnny Mnemonic or Demo Man.

#15693 4 years ago

Looking for a DE Phantom of the Opera within a 4-5 drive of Cortland. Thanks!

#15694 4 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I know of a decent condition HH sleeping in a barn, guy is "holding it for a friend", that he hasn't spoken to in 20yrs.

#15695 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I know of a decent condition HH sleeping in a barn, guy is "holding it for a friend", that he hasn't spoken to in 20yrs.

Hahahaha, that sounds special.

#15696 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Hell I'm holding both a Haunted House and POTO for a friend as he looks for a large abode.

#15697 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Hell I'm holding both a Haunted House and POTO for a friend as he looks for a large abode.

You won’t be holding them for 20 years...and we speak regularly. Just looking for a “larger” abode.

#15698 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Lol far from a steal. Those rottendog mpus are junk, playfeild wear, backglass wear, I'd say a fair price but far from a steal.

I’ve never heard any complaints against Rottendogs before! What’s the issue?

#15699 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve never heard any complaints against Rottendogs before! What’s the issue?

I don't know if it's the only issue, didn't have one more than a week before I sent it back. The sound sucks on a lot of games. Not all, but a lot.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-tried-new-rottendog-system-9-11-board

#15700 4 years ago
Quoted from Jr99svt:

I don't know if it's the only issue, didn't have one more than a week before I sent it back. The sound sucks on a lot of games. Not all, but a lot.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-tried-new-rottendog-system-9-11-board

The sound also sucked on my High Speed. Very tinny and no bass.

There are 30,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 608.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread/page/314?hl=pinhigh1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.