IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

There are 30,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 604.
#11901 5 years ago

Machine - For Trade
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Has color dmd add 300 if you want that with it. Pm for more pics. Trades welcome too.”
2018-10-24
Hamden, CT
Trade
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 482 times

#11902 5 years ago

Is the nose worn on the back glass ?

#11903 5 years ago

Small spot but yes nose wear in common spot

#11904 5 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Machine - For Sale
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, ThNew!Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Has color dmd add 300 if you want that with it. Pm for pics. Trades welcome too.”
25 minutes ago Hamden, CT 2,000 (OBO)
jespo_19

#11905 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was in PA yesterday for an auction, and after it was done, I tried seeing if there was anything reasonable available for sale in the vicinity. Prices on everything listed throughout the various platforms were completely ridiculous. This is only the second time in several years where I went home with an empty vehicle.
Competition is fierce, and a lot of sellers think their game is worth a fortune because they saw it listed somewhere for $x. They don't usually see the actual sold listings since they either don't make an effort, or they disappear too quickly.
It seems demand has outstripped supply.

Was this the auction in PA with the TOTAN?

#11906 5 years ago

It's had it's time at the sanctum and it's no longer welcome there...lol time to finally switch things up.

#11907 5 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Was this the auction in PA with the TOTAN?

Yup. Bidding went higher than I was interested in going.

#11908 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup. Bidding went higher than I was interested in going.

I was a phone bidder and never got the chance to make a bid. I spoke with Ivan he said it went for $5150. Had a feeling it was going to be one of those auctions.

#11909 5 years ago

I never had any intention of flipping pins. But I have wanted some other pins and we have run out room and wanted to sell a couple of them and buy something else. But I'm not going to give them away.
I told the wife I'm going to get out playing with pinball machines.

#11910 5 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I was a phone bidder and never got the chance to make a bid. I spoke with Ivan he said it went for $5150. Had a feeling it was going to be one of those auctions.

There were multiple phone bidders. I don't think they had enough phones to speak with everyone.

Since it wasn't well advertised, I thought I might've had a chance to get it for a good price. I should've known that being near Allentown, the area collectors would be all over it, lol

I enjoyed talking to the pinheads that showed up, though.

#11912 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

SM, POTC and TSPP were all games I wanted since they were new. Over the years I've saved up enough money to buy one but bought a MET instead. Started saving more money and watched prices climb and climb. Found a good deal on a Scared Stiff and bought that instead. Started saving again and watched prices flatline in the past year. But, with every new game that comes out and the new Sterns with color LCD I really can't see myself paying more then 4k on a mint HUO. Same with AP, always wanted one but when people are asking 3k for a used routed pin I'm just going to walk on by.

Well put!
I usually lose money when I sell a game and don’t expect to make profits. Just surprised I haven’t been able to sell SM since it is packed full of so many more things to shoot at compared to many new games out there.

#11913 5 years ago

And yes at $4800 I’m out quite a few hundred. But that’s pinball and I’m totally fine with it.

#11915 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Well put!
I usually lose money when I sell a game and don’t expect to make profits. Just surprised I haven’t been able to sell SM since it is packed full of so many more things to shoot at compared to many new games out there.

I'm surprised also. Last year this would have been an easy 5g. Although my buddy did pick up a mint HUO SM for $4500 at Allentown show. Thought he got a great deal on it.
And completely agree it's a better shooting game then many of the new Stern LCD pins. AS and SW comes to mind. Not saying your game isn't worth more just saying to me the hype train ran out for Stern DMD pins. With the thought of Munsters and Elvira 3 coming out with LCD my money is on hold. But I still would love to own a SM someday.

#11916 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Machine - For Sale
Spider-ManHUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Time to change things up.
Playfield and cab in excellent shape. Zero issues. Plays fast and smooth.

- New Comet & Cointaker mix of premium LEDs throughout
- Back Alley sling/...”
33 days ago Montclair, NJ 4,800
Ranhorton

This market confuses me right now. $4800 spiderman HUO a year ago would be gone in a few minutes. Oh well.
(Still for sale/trade if anyone is interested)

I follow all of the regional for sale threads and the one thing that no one has mentioned in this thread is the number of high quality nib pins available right now. Usually one or maybe two high quality pins are available nib at one time. Right now there are multiple titles available for $5600 (Stern) and $6000 TNA. Let’s look at the titles that you can get Nib for $6000 or less:

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Guardians
Deadpool
TNA
Alice Cooper

So a casual player can buy a tspp, Spider-Man, and other high quality used titles for $4000-5000, or they can buy a nib pin for $1,000 more. The new pins have all the newest toys and features, and they probably don’t know how to work on games.

Tournament players have played 1,000+ games on each of these classic used games so they don’t need to own them to be ready to play them in tournaments. Buying a nib game (or low play newer title) helps them prepare for tournaments.

Recently a Shadow in really nice condition went up for sale for $3500, but no one showed interest in it. Same thing with a really nice quality White Water for $4500. Pins in the $1000-2500 range are selling well, probably because people can pick up 2-3 quality lower priced titles instead of a nib or a $4000-5000 pin.

#11917 5 years ago

I think the market for used HUO Sterns is totally holding/stagnating/whatever you want to call it. I bought an X-Men LE (great game) three years ago for $5300. Went to sell it this year and had to drop it to $4500 before anyone was interested, and I wasn't surprised at all. When a little over 5 grand would get you an Iron Maiden, why *would* you pay over 5 grand for an old game? I know I wouldn't. Hey, if someone wanted to rent me an awesome LE for three years for $800, I'd take that deal. So I feel fine about it.

But if you're sitting on a game you paid over 5 grand for back in the day... you're probably going to sit for a while (until someone just really wants that theme) unless you're willing to drop your used game to the point where it's an attractive proposition compared to a NIB Pro.

#11918 5 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

I think the market for used HUO Sterns is totally holding/stagnating/whatever you want to call it. I bought an X-Men LE (great game) three years ago for $5300. Went to sell it this year and had to drop it to $4500 before anyone was interested, and I wasn't surprised at all. When a little over 5 grand would get you an Iron Maiden, why *would* you pay over 5 grand for an old game? I know I wouldn't. Hey, if someone wanted to rent me an awesome LE for three years for $800, I'd take that deal. So I feel fine about it.

So you lost $800 but owned the game for 3 years. If you use your rent equation it would come out to $22.22 a month rent to play the game as much as you like and when ever you like. Losing some cash doesn't sound all that bad when looking at it like that. Hell I put about $60 a month in the pins at our league. I think i'm doing it wrong.

#11919 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So you lost $800 but owned the game for 3 years. If you use your rent equation it would come out to $22.22 a month rent to play the game as much as you like and when ever you like. Losing some cash doesn't sound all that bad when looking at it like that. Hell I put about $60 a month in the pins at our league. I think i'm doing it wrong.

That's literally what I said in my post, dude- "Hey, if someone wanted to rent me an awesome LE for three years for $800, I'd take that deal. So I feel fine about it."

#11920 5 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

That's literally what I said in my post, dude- "Hey, if someone wanted to rent me an awesome LE for three years for $800, I'd take that deal. So I feel fine about it."

That's why I was quoting you. But the $22.22 a month sounded better.

#11921 5 years ago

Despite the depressing discussion on older stern games and stagnant pricing.
I have a nice HOU IMVE for sale.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Very Nice HOU IMVE. Original Owner. Purchased new Feb 2015. Mods/Details include: Pinball Life Rev B Shaker Motor Hooked Whiplash with EL White Whips Speaker Lights and acryl...”
2018-10-10
Silver Spring, MD
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 996 times

#11922 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

So a casual player can buy a tspp, Spider-Man, and other high quality used titles for $4000-5000, or they can buy a nib pin for $1,000 more. The new pins have all the newest toys and features, and they probably don’t know how to work on games.

This.

No difference than when I was shopping for a new Challenger. When the cost of ownership between used and new is a few bucks why on earth would I buy a used car? Buy a new one with no wear and a warranty and call it a day.

#11923 5 years ago

Let’s get back on topic here.

WTB millionaire within a few hours buffalo ny or Erie pa.

#11924 5 years ago

Wpt for sale in Philadelphia. Listed in the market

#11925 5 years ago

I would say as a relatively new guy only had pins for 5 years or so and have bought from most of the people in this thread being talked about, I have had no issue with any of them. I have games at home and on route. I do not feel that the so called flippers, who when I looked up market price and what they sold it to me for, actually gave me a rather fair price below market selling. most of them will work with you on price. I tend to price High when I sell Knowing someone is going to offer less. I think just about everyone does who buys and sells often. There are a lot of good people buying and selling pins, fixing them, modding them. I am thankful for the many people I have met in this hobby....and that I have really never felt like I got screwed by anyone here!

#11926 5 years ago

Looking for a nice example of White Water. I don't mind taking a road trip. Cash in hand pm me

#11927 5 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I would say as a relatively new guy only had pins for 5 years or so and have bought from most of the people in this thread being talked about, I have had no issue with any of them. I have games at home and on route. I do not feel that the so called flippers, who when I looked up market price and what they sold it to me for, actually gave me a rather fair price below market selling. most of them will work with you on price. I tend to price High when I sell Knowing someone is going to offer less. I think just about everyone does who buys and sells often. There are a lot of good people buying and selling pins, fixing them, modding them. I am thankful for the many people I have met in this hobby....and that I have really never felt like I got screwed by anyone here!

Between Jim & yourself, half of my newer games now reside in Maine. :p

#11928 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “This is a very rare, fully working Williams Fast Ball pitch and bat from 1969. Cabinet and playfield are in great condition. Brand new pitching motor installed. All playfield "ca...”
2018-10-26
New Hartford, CT
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 384 times

Fastball price drop to $800. Fully working game in great shape. Trades welcome.

#11929 5 years ago

Thinking of selling my Maiden pro HUO for a 5200 firm price with mods.... it’s actually doing it that I am pondering. Don’t see many second hand games listed.

#11930 5 years ago

some games up for sale. let me know if you are interested and would like some additional info/pics.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO ECLE with extremely low plays. Beautiful shape. Looks like it just came out of the box. No/zero light board issues. I can deliver in NY, NJ, Eastern PA, CT if paid in full ...”
2018-10-25
Morristown, NJ
8,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 60 days
Viewed: 323 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
OIB - Old in box (older than 3 years, never unboxed) - “NIB designation no longer allowed without 50 dollar payment. Anyway, No trades. No tax and no delivery cost if you are local. Verdict is out, everyone loves this one. Make me a...”
2019-03-07
Morristown, NJ
8,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 938 times

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Hardly played HUO AFMr LE. Pristine shape. Not a mark anywhere. Everything works the way it should. I can deliver in NY, NJ, Eastern PA, CT if paid in full beforehand. Pics ava...”
2018-10-25
Morristown, NJ
8,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 60 days
Viewed: 385 times

#11931 5 years ago

Considering trading my Aerosmith Pro. Second owner HUO. Mirror blades, latest code.

#11932 5 years ago

AC/DC sold

#11933 5 years ago

GOTG looking to trade for Deadpool or Iron Maiden, I can pick up and maybe add a little bit o' cash.

Machine - For Trade
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Great shape with service pack above the drop target installed. About 2000 plays looking to trade for Deadpool or Iron Maiden, I can pick up and maybe ad a little bit o' cash.”
2018-10-27
Ballston Spa, NY
Trade
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 448 times

#11934 5 years ago

I have a project and some parts that I’m looking to get rid of to make some space.

Playmatic 1978 Last Lap project
-Able to get the game to boot, take credits, start a game, show the high score but no lights worked or solenoids fired.
- Game is complete minus the backglass though I have a giant print of the backglass that could be used for a replacement.
-if it doesn’t sell in a few weeks I’ll likely part it out if you need anything specific.

Stern Magic Head and Backglass (heavily touched up with white.

Counterforce plastic set - almost complete (missing one)

I’m happy to send pictures to anyone interested. Not sure how to price them so feel free to shoot me an offer. All located in Syracuse, NY.

#11935 5 years ago

If you know which counterforce plastic you're missing I might be able to make your set complete for you. PM me if interested.

Quoted from zlorya:

I have a project and some parts that I’m looking to get rid of to make some space.
Playmatic 1978 Last Lap project
-Able to get the game to boot, take credits, start a game, show the high score but no lights worked or solenoids fired.
- Game is complete minus the backglass though I have a giant print of the backglass that could be used for a replacement.
-if it doesn’t sell in a few weeks I’ll likely part it out if you need anything specific.
Stern Magic Head and Backglass (heavily touched up with white.
Counterforce plastic set - almost complete (missing one)
I’m happy to send pictures to anyone interested. Not sure how to price them so feel free to shoot me an offer. All located in Syracuse, NY.

#11936 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

GOTG looking to trade for Deadpool or Iron Maiden, I can pick up and maybe ad a little bit o' cash.

Just sell your gotg and buy my Maiden.

Machine - For Trade
Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro)New!Fully shopped/refurbished “Great shape with service pack above the drop target installed. About 2000 plays looking to trade for Deadpool or Iron Maiden, I can pick up and maybe ad a little bit o' cash.”
9 hours ago Ballston Spa, NY
Trade
herbertbsharp

#11937 5 years ago

Still searching for a Williams Grand Prix close to Erie, Pa.

#11938 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Just sell your gotg and buy my Maiden.

Just buy my GOTG and I will!

#11939 5 years ago

Congrats!!!!
Now I am reminded of the story about the drunken salor in port

#11941 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Original MM price drop $7,400 OBO

This is a steal of a deal. Unbelievable!

#11943 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I’ve had 600+ games pass through the framework of my home since 2006 -that’s a lot of games in players and collectors hands in that time, and many of them at very fair prices. I don’t usually refuse good games that I find in the wild, I never know where they might fit in, and Time Machine was specifically purchased to test my Torpedo Alley. Success.
If I’m friends with someone or know you a little bit, I pass the game onto that person for my costs, regardless of what I listed It for- I bend.
I can see in this thread who is and isn’t, apparently. When I helped start the Sanctum In CT, games like Black Jack,Frontier, Medusa, Hoops, which are all still there and remain a part of the bread and butter to the Sanctum, were brought in for what I paid.
With that said, I’m not required to keep Time Machine and my intention was for trade or package deal with the two others I have for sale.
I’m not out to please any of the people that take issue with my dealings and it’s fair to say that you’re not out to please me.
If the seller (who I know and had a conversation about this very thing already when I picked it up) has an issue with any of it, he’ll contact me and we’ll discuss it, but he doesn’t. Just a few select vocal people that are angry it wasn’t them. Adios, counselors.
Edit: I don't usually post games for sale in here, because of accusations, assumptions and expectations like what was blown hard above. He doesn't know the real story, and at that point it's all just puffed out wind that looks even worse with the facts out. I even asked Matt (beaglepuss) when I showed up to it mostly working, if he needed to keep it. He said ''No we're good, I don't care if you sell it tomorrow for $1700'' - Defense over. (The game was sold with T2 for $3200. Broke completely even)
Thanks, James

I know I'm late to the party, and NEVER thought I'd vouch for James, and I know he doesn't need me to - but folks, quick reminder, we have a free market.

He's done nothing wrong. Not even close.

I once bought a Black Knight for $800, sold it for $1200 a couple days later and did nothing to it.

That's not illegal, that's not wrong. I played it for a day, decided - nah - and made a couple calls.

James did what he wanted to do with it, made a quick buck and someone else is enjoying it.

Why would anyone question that or come after him for that?

#11944 5 years ago

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Game of Thrones (Premium/LE) - Fully functional (plug & play) - First owner HUO - Cliffy protectors installed at shooter lane - Less than 500 plays total - Goodie bag still st...”
2018-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA
Trade
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 155 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11945 5 years ago

Pharaoh price drop to $1800 - Pics in marketplace

#11946 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Why would anyone question that or come after him for that?

The answer...ironic coming from you. You don’t question what people do, or bring it into this thread?

Definitely, they are "OBO" after all - but his offer and DM was condescending, egotistical and too low. Maybe you missed the tote thread.
I want to sell to someone who will appreciate my games, and I want to do business with someone I like. If his offer came from a friend with a few hundred more, I'd have considered it.

I once bought a Black Knight for $800, sold it for $1200 a couple days later and did nothing to it.

Way to contribute.

This story is toteally long over, so leave it a few pages back where it belongs. I know James, and we have already spoken.

#11947 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The answer...ironic coming from you. You don’t question what people do, or bring it into this thread?

Way to contribute.
This story is toteally long over, so leave it a few pages back where it belongs. I know James, and we have already spoken.

That Black Knight went to a friend. He was thrilled to have it, and guess what he did? Fixed a couple small things - and then sold it for a profit himself.

#11948 5 years ago

That Black Knight went to a friend.

Not helping your argument

#11949 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Way to contribute.

Mr. Moberg actually shook my hand after playing him at the Sanctum last week, and I definitely appreciated the gesture, a step in the right direction. It to me signified we’re all just trying to get along and have fun.

I have discussed with Colson in private and seen his side of it, and I think we have a mutual respect for each other’s thoughts on the matter.
While I regret listing it for what I did, it went to someone that essentially paid what I did, so it’s all good.
With that said, after thinking about the thumb parade a few pages back, I have met or talked to less than 5 of those people in person, one of them I even consider a friend, so I don’t really care about the perceptions of people that feel at liberty to high five colson in pm and pitchfork me publicly. With that type of mentality, I probably don’t like, or wouldn’t like any of them either, so it is what it is.
The real irony is, every time I have met anyone in person from pinside and beyond, I cannot recall even ONE time someone wasn’t pleasant and respectful with me.

That’s all. Life’s short, not worth the negative energy, pinball is fun. Enjoy it and take care.

Best, James

#11950 5 years ago

Anybody have a working MPU for a Future Spa (#AS-2962-14), or a rectifier board (#AS-2518-49) and transformer (#E-122-131)? Or have a good source for the transformer - PBR?

Just thought I'd ask before I go searching for new parts and Alltek.

There are 30,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 604.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread/page/239?hl=zlorya and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.