IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG
There are 30,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 608.
#11851 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Just so you know, an X-MEN LE that I bought that was yours a short time earlier, was so badly hacked with mods and led light strips that you put in, that it caused the game to block boot up and malfunction. I had to remove all your hacks, and I did so while remaining faithful in the community that the previous owner clearly didn’t know what he was doing, let alone know what he was talking about.

Haven't had any complaints from any others that I have sold.....and there have been quite a few. I think you might have some anger issues you need to work out. You pretty much hate on every post of mine on various forums, and I don't even know you. Not sure what I did to earn this hate, but you need to let it go. It's unhealthy.

#11852 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

However, do not believe a word that max_badazz says about me....he's simply envious of my dancing skills. :p

Perhaps its time for a dance off to determine who is best?

#11853 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Haven't had any complaints from any others that I have sold.....and there have been quite a few. I think you might have some anger issues you need to work out. You pretty much hate on every post of mine on various forums, and I don't even know you. Not sure what I did to earn this hate, but you need to let it go. It's unhealthy.

Well here's your first complaint then.

And nope, I don’t hate anyone, so keep those assumptions.
I just find your constant trying too hard/witty responses to everything on Facebook annoying and your undertone responses that are trying to be indirect are tacky.
I’ve actually had a pleasant conversation with you at Allentown a couple years back for what it’s worth.

As for X-MEN, nice game once all the hacks were removed.

#11854 5 years ago

With that said, I’m not required to keep Time Machine and my intention was for trade or package deal with the two others I have for sale.
I’m not out to please any of the people that take issue with my dealings and it’s fair to say that you’re not out to please me. If you were, then I’d be pleased not to see a selfie taken with every little game that was picked up like a narcissist.

I was pointing out an observation, and now you're attacking me for posting pics in a fun thread? Flippers don't post games they bring home because they don't want people to know they bought it, or who from. Plenty of people on here know me (including you actually), and know that I'm the furthest thing from a narcissist or someone that gloats. My collection is always modest, and I know and act like it is. Don't shit on another thread that people actually enjoy.

And you listed Time Machine individually in the ad, not as a package with other games.

I don't need to hear you rant every time somebody calls you out on something about how many games you've owned, that you helped start the Sanctum, that you parted the seas with Moses, invented the internet, etc. You bought a game for $1k. You listed it one day later without doing ANYTHING to it for $1,650. End of story.

If you wanted to test your Torpedo Alley, you could have bought your board set over to Beagle's house. Much easier than buying an entire game to "test" another one.

Let it go, what's said has been said, and good luck with your sale. That's what this thread is for.

#11855 5 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Wheel of Fortune Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Nicest Wheel of Fortune you will ever see, playfield, plastics and ramps are perfect, no wear anywhere. Video:

Note that the dmd is fine, pixel xl2 ...”

2019-02-27
Upper Freehold, NJ
4,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 3611 times
Contributed to Pinside

Super nice WOF. Took the game in on a trade for my SM, only have it a few months. need space for new games, but open to some offers, like TNA OR BSD.

#11856 5 years ago

Anyone want to buy my GB pro?

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Nice GB Pro w/800 plays. Looks basically new, but pictures coming soon.”
2018-10-21
Ballston Spa, NY
4,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 193 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11857 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Anyone want to buy my GB pro?

Kinda tempted, not gonna lie. As always I'm in the "wish I could swing it right now". Is this your personal or was this the one at the bar downtown?

#11858 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was pointing out an observation, and now you're attacking me for posting pics in a fun thread? Flippers don't post games they bring home because they don't want people to know they bought it, or who from. Plenty of people on here know me (including you actually), and know that I'm the furthest thing from a narcissist or someone that gloats. My collection is always modest, and I know and act like it is. Don't shit on another thread that people actually enjoy.
And you listed Time Machine individually in the ad, not as a package with other games.
I don't need to hear you rant every time somebody calls you out on something about how many games you've owned, that you helped start the Sanctum, that you parted the seas with Moses, invented the internet, etc. You bought a game for $1k. You listed it one day later without doing ANYTHING to it for $1,650. End of story.
If you wanted to test your Torpedo Alley, you could have bought your board set over to Beagle's house. Much easier than buying an entire game to "test" another one.
Let it go, what's said has been said, and good luck with your sale. That's what this thread is for.

Not even going to dignify much of this post other than I am very surprised how vocal you were over this, considering how pleasant we have been to each other at pinball shows. So be it.
I actually did replace a tip 36c and replaced a pop bumper bracket and coil, but whatever. Didn’t get to the bad display.
T2 and Time Machine have both now sold, and I can assure you it was nothing close to a flip. (Both sold for $3200 before PayPal fees)

Oh well, flame on, I got thick skin.

#11859 5 years ago

Nope, I don’t hate anyone, so keep those assumptions.
I just find your constant trying too hard/witty responses to everything on Facebook annoying.
I’ve actually had a pleasant conversation with you at Allentown a couple years back for what it’s worth.
As for X-MEN, nice game once all the hacks were removed.

Now i bet you wish you had those horns for a little levity.

#11860 5 years ago

I guess Im the anti-flipper. All I ever do is lose money.

#11861 5 years ago

Not even going to dignify much of this post other than I am very surprised how vocal you were over this, considering how pleasant we have been to each other at pinball shows. So be it.
I actually did replace a tip 36c and replaced a pop bumper bracket and coil, but whatever. Didn’t get to the bad display.
T2 and Time Machine have both now sold, and I can assure you it was nothing close to a flip. (Both sold for $3200 before PayPal fees)
Oh well, flame on, I got thick skin.

Good for you...after your PM calling me a dick, I'm done with this conversation. Keep on flippin everyone!!! (I mean playing the games)

#11862 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Good for you...after your PM calling me a dick, I'm done with this conversation. Keep on flippin everyone!!! (I mean playing the games)

Yup, you finger pointed me in your witch hunt and I kept it in a pm because you’re being one. There was zero flip here. See you around.

#11863 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Kinda tempted, not gonna lie. As always I'm in the "wish I could swing it right now". Is this your personal or was this the one at the bar downtown?

This one isn't the one that was at DAs & King's, that one got a lot of action, this was on location for about 300 plays, had a shooter lane cliffy since new and looks HUO though. I bought it to keep for myself, but then I decided to just keep the beater and sell the good one.

#11864 5 years ago

This reminds me, probably the wrong thread to ask this in but is there anyone in the Northeast who is great at Data East power supply repairs? This one doesn't seem to be giving enough voltage to the game to power everything at once. Looking to get it repaired instead of replacing it with a new one.

#11865 5 years ago

Will be posting a really nice Dirty Harry soon. Completely torn down playfield, cleaned, fixed and rebuilt. Plays amazing. Looking to trade up for another B/W DMD and add my cash. Id also sell outright. PM if interested

#11866 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Perhaps its time for a dance off to determine who is best?

Hell yeah! I've been practicing my twerking

#11867 5 years ago

This reminds me, probably the wrong thread to ask this in but is there anyone in the Northeast who is great at Data East power supply repairs? This one doesn't seem to be giving enough voltage to the game to power everything at once. Looking to get it repaired instead of replacing it with a new one.

There are several people. Marco and PBL also sell a replacement kit for the main connector and pins.

To be honest, I would get a Rottendog and get the old one repaired and keep it on hand. DE PSB’s generally run hot and can have issues.

#11868 5 years ago

you finger pointed me in your witch hunt

There was no witch hunt here. Just an observation. But I do get your reference, Massachusetts, 1692. So I guess there technically was a witch hunt up in your area at some point.

Congrats on selling your games.

#11869 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

There are several people. Marco and PBL also sell a replacement kit for the main connector and pins.
To be honest, I would get a Rottendog and get the old one repaired and keep it on hand. DE PSB’s generally run hot and can have issues.

This one did exactly that. Connectors to the GI got so hot it caught on fire and desoldered the connections right off the board. Game still boots and plays somehow. But when you flip the flippers even with the brand new board they are weak and barely move, and the DMD almost goes out completely. Maybe I do have to get a new one..

#11870 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Hell yeah! I've been practicing my twerking

Sweet! Then it’s settled, there will be a twerk off! I’ll be a judge. Two men enter, one man leaves!

#11871 5 years ago

This one did exactly that. Connectors to the GI got so hot it caught on fire and desoldered the connections right off the board. Game still boots and plays somehow. But when you flip the flippers even with the brand new board they are weak and barely move, and the DMD almost goes out completely. Maybe I do have to get a new one..

Yup, that’s the connector. Hopefully other components on the board weren’t damaged. Grab one of these.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CKWMS

#11872 5 years ago

Anyone have any of the system 11s on my wishlist? I'm going for all 30. Projects preferred.

#11873 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I guess Im the anti-flipper. All I ever do is lose money.

Please P.M me your phone number,I'd like to keep in touch.

#11874 5 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Anyone have any of the system 11s on my wishlist? I'm going for all 30. Projects preferred.

Which ones are you missing?

[edit]: Oops, nevermind--didn't realize you meant your pinside wishlist.

#11875 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Second owner of this HUO game. It plays and looks fantastic. Only spot of wear is in the shooter lane. I'd prefer to sell but trades are welcome. Some titles I'm looking for are Ga...”
2018-12-05
Lombard, IL
4,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 1110 times

Looking to trade/sell. You know for people from the northeast, we sure keep it pretty civil on this thread.

#11876 5 years ago

Tron LE for sale. Pics in Marketplace. Located in Woodcliff Lake NJ.

#11877 5 years ago

In my opinion, prices are way too high right now and there seem to be hardly any good deals anymore especially for games on the sub $2,500 level. All the good deals are snapped up in seconds. I've also noticed that "ebay" pricing has started to creep into pinside ads (not the ebay embedded ads) which has pushed up other markets too like facebook, CL and Letgo.

I too wanted to buy that Time Machine for 1K. Apparently many others wanted to buy it as well.

Guess I'm just wishing for the olden days to return when games were cheap and plentiful...but I would need a Time Machine for that to happen.

#11878 5 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

In my opinion, prices are way too high right now and there seem to be hardly any good deals anymore especially for games on the sub $2,500 level. All the good deals are snapped up in seconds. I've also noticed that "ebay" pricing has started to creep into pinside ads (not the ebay embedded ads) which has pushed up other markets too like facebook, CL and Letgo.
I too wanted to buy that Time Machine for 1K. Apparently many others wanted to buy it as well.
Guess I'm just wishing for the olden days to return when games were cheap and plentiful...

I was in PA yesterday for an auction, and after it was done, I tried seeing if there was anything reasonable available for sale in the vicinity. Prices on everything listed throughout the various platforms were completely ridiculous. This is only the second time in several years where I went home with an empty vehicle.

Competition is fierce, and a lot of sellers think their game is worth a fortune because they saw it listed somewhere for $x. They don't usually see the actual sold listings since they either don't make an effort, or they disappear too quickly.

It seems demand has outstripped supply.

#11879 5 years ago

You can't find a good pin for 2500.00. I paid 2500 for Jurassic park and have been working on getting it in good working order. I'm not going to just patch up something and hope it plays a few good times. I was amazed someone sold a World cup soccer for 2k and it was in terrible shape due to rats. Im starting to reach a point and get out of working pins because the amount of time I spend repairing them and people say there is no value in my time. My wife talked me in to buying a William's IJ that had been sitting for years and we paid 4k for it and now it needs a full restore.

#11880 5 years ago

when do you think we'll see MB remakes on the streets?

#11881 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was in PA yesterday for an auction, and after it was done, I tried seeing if there was anything reasonable available for sale in the vicinity. Prices on everything listed throughout the various platforms were completely ridiculous. This is only the second time in several years where I went home with an empty vehicle.
Competition is fierce, and a lot of sellers think their game is worth a fortune because they saw it listed somewhere for $x. They don't usually see the actual sold listings since they either don't make an effort, or they disappear too quickly.
It seems demand has outstripped supply.

I see zero proof that pins are moving at posted prices in the last 6 months. I see a lot of people holding on to games (that they don’t want anymore) or quietly selling for less.

Fact is, actual, market prices are still damn good, they just aren’t absurd. But everyone’s afraid of losing that $200-$500 extra bullshit bucks (from a newb or desperate buyer).

But the longer these guys hold on to their unwanted and unplayed games, the lower the prices are gonna fall. With every new release, especially those NIB in the $6k give or take price range. And heavily modded games are not gonna command premium prices, because outside of a shaker and color DMD (and maybe no glare glass) who gives a shit? Just give me a fair priced game, and I’ll figure out how I want to plush it out.

Opportunity cost. It’s a bitch.

#11882 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I see zero proof that pins are moving at posted prices in the last 6 months. I see a lot of people holding on to games (that they don’t want anymore) or quietly selling for less.
Fact is, actual, market prices are still damn good, they just aren’t absurd. But everyone’s afraid of losing that $200-$500 extra bullshit bucks (from a newb or desperate buyer).
But the longer these guys hold on to their unwanted and I played games, the lower the prices are gonna fall. With every new release, especially those NIB in the $6k give or take price range. Opportunity cost. It’s s bitch.

1st world problems.

#11883 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Spider-Man Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Buyer (Pinsider) never showed up after I held it specifically for him for almost a month turning away other buyers. Won’t make that mistake twice. So SM back on market. Playfie...”
2018-12-17
Franklin Park, PA
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 2081 times

This market confuses me right now. $4800 spiderman HUO a year ago would be gone in a few minutes. Oh well.
(Still for sale/trade if anyone is interested)

#11884 5 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

1st world problems.

It is a problem. The market is clogged and it shouldn’t be. It impacts NIB sales on down.

You’ve always had legit prices. You don’t deal as much in the HUO market, but even when you move a real nice game the price gets the game out the door. Wish more sellers were like you.

#11885 5 years ago

I saw a pistol poker listed by a non pinball hobbiest for $500 but I was second in line. Within two days later Jams had one for $1,500. I don't know for certain if he bought that very machine but chances are high that he was the one. I saw two others at listed at over 2.5k. It was a win win for everyone involved. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone but show that you can still score a deal if he resells. I don't have an issue with someone making a few bucks especially if I don't have to drive to Long Island or Ohio to pick it up. I just ask that you are Honest in your descriptions and in answering questions and follow through with a deal. I don't ask for much.

#11886 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

This market confuses me right now. $4800 spiderman HUO a year ago would be gone in a few minutes. Oh well.

Maybe, but SM is now an older DMD game and one with a VE too.

SM is one of my favorite games, but if I’m price policing today I say it’s a $4,400 game nowadays. Or less. Of course things might change, but I think the change will be a further decrease.

And why should this be so surprising? The damn game was 3,800 brand spanking new!

#11887 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

I saw a pistol poker listed by a non pinball hobbiest for $500 but I was second in line. Within two days later Jams had one for $1,500. I don't know for certain if he bought that very machine but chances are high that he was the one. I saw two others at listed at over 2.5k. It was a win win for everyone involved. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone but show that you can still score a deal if he resells. I don't have an issue with someone making a few bucks especially if I don't have to drive to Long Island or Ohio to pick it up. I just ask that you are Honest in your descriptions and in answering questions and follow through with a deal. I don't ask for much.

I sold that to the Sanctum for about what I paid, and when I contacted the seller, I simply offered what he was asking which I can assure you was way more than $500.
It's currently being played by the community in Central CT at the Sanctum and they cleaned it up beautifully. It was a 4 hour drive round trip just to get the game and another 4 hour round trip to the Sanctum to drop it off. I really made nothing on it.

#11888 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:Im starting to reach a point and get out of working pins because the amount of time I spend repairing them and people say there is no value in my time.

Me too.

#11889 5 years ago

It has nothing to do with your time. It’s all about the market value of the pin. I’m sure you’ve done very well over the years refurbishing pins and selling them. If those days are gone for you, oh well.

There’ll always be someone ready to fix up an older, broken pin.

#11890 5 years ago

Anyone closer to the Boston area selling a Sopranos? The HUO one in NY is nice, but maybe a bit far!

#11891 5 years ago

The ad said $500 and that's what I went by. It is a four hour round trip from Gardner to Dalton. Just about everyone makes a few bucks in cash or trade. It's a small community and we need to play nice.

#11892 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Sweet! Then it’s settled, there will be a twerk off! I’ll be a judge. Two men enter, one man leaves!

I can set that up for Pintastic 2019 or put them in sumo suits and have them go at it!

#11893 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It is a problem. The market is clogged and it shouldn’t be. It impacts NIB sales on down.
You’ve always had legit prices. You don’t deal as much in the HUO market, but even when you move a real nice game the price gets the game out the door. Wish more sellers were like you.

Oh yeah, I bought a couple games from @eabundy. Paid a fair price, got a good pin. Plus reputation....that has value.

Most of my pins are sold to people I know and who have played them before (benefit of hosting league and tournaments). They know what they are getting.
Usually an easy, quick sale.....that has value. I don't see the need to price gouge. I would much rather have a decent reputation over a few extra bucks. It does come back to you, in good, and bad ways depending on how you roll.

#11894 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Machine - For Sale
Spider-ManHUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Time to change things up.
Playfield and cab in excellent shape. Zero issues. Plays fast and smooth.

- New Comet & Cointaker mix of premium LEDs throughout
- Back Alley sling/...”
33 days ago Montclair, NJ 4,800
Ranhorton

SM, POTC and TSPP were all games I wanted since they were new. Over the years I've saved up enough money to buy one but bought a MET instead. Started saving more money and watched prices climb and climb. Found a good deal on a Scared Stiff and bought that instead. Started saving again and watched prices flatline in the past year. But, with every new game that comes out and the new Sterns with color LCD I really can't see myself paying more then 4k on a mint HUO. Same with AP, always wanted one but when people are asking 3k for a used routed pin I'm just going to walk on by.

#11895 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I can set that up for Pintastic 2019 or put them in sumo suits and have them go at it!

I'm pretty sure @max_badazz is going to want to wear his official Vanilla Ice track suit. I've seen it in his closet, hanging right next to his satin parachute pants. I'll keep it simple and break out the JNCO jeans. :p

#11896 5 years ago

Did somebody say TWERK?

#11897 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

The ad said $500 and that's what I went by. It is a four hour round trip from Gardner to Dalton. Just about everyone makes a few bucks in cash or trade. It's a small community and we need to play nice.

I can vouch. Game surely wasn’t even close to 500$

#11898 5 years ago

Whether he paid the asking price or made a higher offer is of no concern to me. People in this hobby and others make money. Either pay it or you don't.

#11899 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

SM, POTC and TSPP were all games I wanted since they were new. Over the years I've saved up enough money to buy one but bought a MET instead. Started saving more money and watched prices climb and climb. Found a good deal on a Scared Stiff and bought that instead. Started saving again and watched prices flatline in the past year. But, with every new game that comes out and the new Sterns with color LCD I really can't see myself paying more then 4k on a mint HUO. Same with AP, always wanted one but when people are asking 3k for a used routed pin I'm just going to walk on by.

Amen bro. And we’re not alone. Either the market for these older Sterns corrects, or a lot of stubborn dudes are gonna be looking at their unplayed games and getting more and more bitter...but refusing to sell (!) until they recoup their costs or (more likely) make a profit on a 10-15 year old game.

The hobby will get so much better when these tight asses face reality. Until then, the pinball world is constipated.

#11900 5 years ago

2k fun working players dmd. Anything on my wishlist especially but open to trades

There are 30,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 608.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread/page/238?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.