5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,447 posts
  • 781 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by bayoubilly70
  • Topic is favorited by 418 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,356 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_163004_(resized).jpg
tmp_5553-20160803_113350-1414929868.jpg
20160801_200751_(resized).jpg
20160802_232803_(resized).jpg
20160802_232233_(resized).jpg
IMG_3895_(resized).JPG
IMG_3877_(resized).JPG
IMG_3878_(resized).JPG
IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

There are 14447 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 289.
#10251 1 year ago

There is going to be an Estate Sale in Dumont, NY this Saturday and Sunday which features a couple items of interest.

First off, I don't even think I can afford to walk into this house to shop during the sale, this is well above my pay grade. I mean, what a house, its like out of a TV show or something. Its always strange to see estate sale photos from houses that still have clutter in the desks and end tables, I cannot help but wonder what happened to the family.

Anyways, there is a pinball machines (Simpsons Pinball Party), a Williams pitch and hit machine along with a pool table, Ping-Pong table and arcade machine.

newjersey.craigslist.org link

https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Cresskill/07626/1809651?modal=true

#10252 1 year ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

There is going to be an Estate Sale in Dumont, NY this Saturday and Sunday which features a couple items of interest.
First off, I don't even think I can afford to walk into this house to shop during the sale, this is well above my pay grade. I mean, what a house, its like out of a TV show or something. Its always strange to see estate sale photos from houses that still have clutter in the desks and end tables, I cannot help but wonder what happened to the family.
Anyways, there is a pinball machines (Simpsons Pinball Party), a Williams pitch and hit machine along with a pool table, Ping-Pong table and arcade machine.
newjersey.craigslist.org link
https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Cresskill/07626/1809651?modal=true

Pretty sure every pinsider remotely close will be there.

#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Pretty sure every pinsider remotely close will be there.

with an estate sale it's a complete crapshoot about whether it's priced at $3k or $10k, though

#10254 1 year ago

I have dibs on TSPP. But the others are still there!

#10255 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

with an estate sale it's a complete crapshoot about whether it's priced at $3k or $10k, though

It will be $5K for TSPP

#10256 1 year ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Here's the story you're going to get with an estate sale:

First, the machine will be priced ridiculously high.

Second, the machine will be "on", but only the GI lamps will be working, because 99% likely the batteries will have crapped out all over the MPU long ago. If anything shows up in the displays at all, it will be something similar to the Sys11 "ADJUST FAILURE".

Then you're going to find someone working at the sale and ask them if they know where the keys are. Most likely not, but if by some miracle they have them, you'll open up the backbox and find that corrosion-damaged board. You'll then explain to them how the game is not in working condition, and why.

And then, and this is the part that makes me want to smack every single one of these estate sale people upside the head, they will tell you, with a perfectly straight face, that they were "just playing the game yesterday". I swear to god, they must memorize that line from a script, and think we're all idiots and we're going to believe it. Doesn't matter what's wrong with the machine and what condition it's in, they were always "just playing it yesterday". The fossil who had the gall to tell me this weekend that an LW3 was "just working last night", with no controlled lamps and a non-functioning DMD, then proceeded to try to get it to work by pushing on the lockdown bar and the coindoor frame, so obviously she had no clue how to start a game even if it WAS working.

I have to stop myself from laughing out loud at these people because every time, without fail, on cue, the games were always "just working yesterday".

#10257 1 year ago

My friend knows the person selling.... offered stuff, but not willing to pay the stated price...

#10258 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Here's the story you're going to get with an estate sale:
First, the machine will be priced ridiculously high.
Second, the machine will be "on", but only the GI lamps will be working, because 99% likely the batteries will have crapped out all over the MPU long ago. If anything shows up in the displays at all, it will be something similar to the Sys11 "ADJUST FAILURE".
Then you're going to find someone working at the sale and ask them if they know where the keys are. Most likely not, but if by some miracle they have them, you'll open up the backbox and find that corrosion-damaged board. You'll then explain to them how the game is not in working condition, and why.
And then, and this is the part that makes me want to smack every single one of these estate sale people upside the head, they will tell you, with a perfectly straight face, that they were "just playing the game yesterday". I swear to god, they must memorize that line from a script, and think we're all idiots and we're going to believe it. Doesn't matter what's wrong with the machine and what condition it's in, they were always "just playing it yesterday". The fossil who had the gall to tell me this weekend that an LW3 was "just working last night" then proceeded to try to get it to work by pushing on the lockdown bar and the coindoor frame, so obviously she had no clue how to start a game even if it WAS working.
I have to stop myself from laughing out at these people because every time, without fail, on cue, the games were always "just working yesterday".

The biggest bullshit artist estate guy I ever talked to was selling a Surf N Safari with some kind of boot up error. I was mildly interested in the game, at maybe $900 after playing it at Pinburgh. The guy wanted $4000 blah blah...I don't begrudge him. It's how he makes his living. I figured the game would never move and eventually he'd come down to Earth.

But his bullshit went far beyond the usual "I was playing it yesterday." You see, this guy is close personal friends with David Gottlieb (or some other member of the Gottlieb clan I don't remember), who just told him on the phone how popular/sought after and rare this game is worth etc. etc. I really was speechless. His presented scenario begged so many questions I just wouldn't have known where to start.

He kept emailing me eventually offering it up at $1000 if I'd "come tomorrow" but by then I'd totally lost interest.

#10259 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really was speechless. His presented scenario begged so many questions I just wouldn't have known where to start.

Ha! You worded that really well....That part actually made me laugh about loud, Levi.

#10260 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The biggest bullshit artist estate guy I ever talked to was selling a Surf N Safari with some kind of boot up error. I was mildly interested in the game, at maybe $900 after playing it at Pinburgh. The guy wanted $4000 blah blah...I don't begrudge him. It's how he makes his living. I figured the game would never move and eventually he'd come down to Earth.
But his bullshit went far beyond the usual "I was playing it yesterday." You see, this guy is close personal friends with David Gottlieb (or some other member of the Gottlieb clan I don't remember), who just told him on the phone how popular/sought after and rare this game is worth etc. etc. I really was speechless. His presented scenario begged so many questions I just wouldn't have known where to start.
He kept emailing me eventually offering it up at $1000 if I'd "come tomorrow" but by then I'd totally lost interest.

I spoke with that same guy, you forgot about the part that there was not power in the house to plug it in. I don’t know what he got for it but the last offer he gave me was 600.00

#10261 1 year ago

Looking to buy airborne and breakshot

#10262 1 year ago

Archived after 25 days
Sold for $ 8,200
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Dialed In Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “DILE #997 documented HUO. Spotless game with not a single scratch on it. Shooter lane looks virtually new, ball drain, etc, not a single ounce of wear anywhere on this play field. ...”
2018-03-12
Moriches, NY

#10263 1 year ago

I will list a Capcom BBB soon for sale or trade. The deal should be very interesting for the right trade.

#10264 1 year ago

I usually don't bother with estate sales.

1) The prices are usually high, and they won't tell you ahead of time what the price will be.
2) There's usually a fair amount of local competition, so there's no guarantee that I will actually end up with the game.
3) Estate sales with pins usually happen 2-3 hours away from me, so because of reason 1 & 2, it's not really worth my time.

#10265 1 year ago

Have a project EM shuffle alley for sale (Central NJ). United "3 Way"

Archived after 4 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Other - For Sale
“1959 "3 Way" shuffle alley by United (UMC). Electro-mechanical shuffle alley. Was functional a few months ago minus some scoring issues but has since been moved to a separate room...”
2018-05-08
Carteret, NJ
100 (Firm)

#10266 1 year ago

just came across this, sorry if its already posted somewhere

hartford.craigslist.org link

#10267 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

A commercial.

#10268 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

A commercial.

Yeah, pretty sure that's the "automated services" guys.

#10269 1 year ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Anyone local have the joker poker playfield wireform that goes just above the right flipper? It measures 4-1/2” with a slight bend in it. Not sure if other games share the same size.
Thx. Mike

Mike, I stripped a JP playfield last summer. The guts are still sitting in my garage in a box. I will try to take a look after I get caught up cleaning all the white crap.

#10270 1 year ago

Looking to trade my Star Trek Next Gen...

Archived after 20 days
Not sold
Machine - For Trade
Fully shopped/refurbished “Looking to trade my Star Trek Next Gen for an Addams family plus cash. Fully shopped, all LED, LED strips, immaculate playfield, new Rottendog MPU, cabinet and artwork in super nic...”
2018-03-15
New Hartford, CT
Trade

#10271 1 year ago

Any trade for my Sopranos? Got any sci-fi / horror stuff?

#10272 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

why would someone down vote this??? It sounded like they were having a sell off and there was some deals.

#10273 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

why would someone down vote this??? It sounded like they were having a sell off and there was some deals.

That's exactly what Automated would like their customers to think.

#10274 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Are they like a Times Square electronics store "Going Out Of Business Sale" that lasts for ten years?

#10275 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

And it's reasons like that why (according to those pics) they still have WNBJM and X-Men in stock NIB.

#10276 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

And it's reasons like that why (according to those pics) they still have WNBJM and X-Men in stock NIB.

No more Xmen I checked 6 months ago lol

#10277 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

why would someone down vote this???

I never even noticed that people down vote things.
I wonder how many times I have been down voted.
Ah, no matter.

#10278 1 year ago

Looking for a wheel of fortune in or around nj.

#10279 1 year ago

Got a Maximum Force/Area 51 light gun arcade game up for sale in the marketplace: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/61578

#10280 1 year ago

Anyone with an Addams Family want to make a trade deal for my Star Trek Next Gen?

Archived after 20 days
Not sold
Machine - For Trade
Fully shopped/refurbished “Looking to trade my Star Trek Next Gen for an Addams family plus cash. Fully shopped, all LED, LED strips, immaculate playfield, new Rottendog MPU, cabinet and artwork in super nic...”
2018-03-15
New Hartford, CT
Trade

#10281 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I'm friends with Mike on FB and thought I'd call him out and post to his timeline "OMG Mike, I heard you were losing the lease! Where are you moving????" but he's treated me well personally so I let it slide. Lame ad tho.

#10282 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I'm friends with Mike on FB and thought I'd call him out and post to his timeline "OMG Mike, I heard you were losing the lease! Where are you moving????" but he's treated me well personally so I let it slide. Lame ad tho.

He did lose the lease on ONE of his warehouses. Storage area.

#10283 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

He did lose the lease on ONE of his warehouses. Storage area.

I heard from someone that there are no pins in that particular warehouse though. Only arcade and redemption machines. The CL ad appears to be all about pins though. I was hopeful for a little while anyway.

#10284 1 year ago
Quoted from sagejr:

I heard from someone that there are no pins in that particular warehouse though. Only arcade and redemption machines. The CL ad appears to be all about pins though. I was hopeful for a little while anyway.

Could be very likely.

#10285 1 year ago

Anyone have a decent Gottlieb Super Soccer for sale? They were all over the place last summer and now that I’m looking I haven’t seen one.

#10286 1 year ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Are they like a Times Square electronics store "Going Out Of Business Sale" that lasts for ten years?

Name a car dealership or a furniture store that doesn’t have a sale going 365/24/7.

#10287 1 year ago
Quoted from weasley:

Anyone have a decent Gottlieb Super Soccer for sale? They were all over the place last summer and now that I’m looking I haven’t seen one.

Wasn’t there one posted on CL right by you like this week?

#10288 1 year ago

@weasly Saw one local on CL for 500-. Ad is still active from 5 days ago.
-Mike

#10289 1 year ago

Hi all, I have a nice Bally KISS and a Williams Black Knight for sale or trade. Located in Kingston NY 12401

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/61631

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/61630

#10290 1 year ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Mike, I stripped a JP playfield last summer. The guts are still sitting in my garage in a box. I will try to take a look after I get caught up cleaning all the white crap.

Thanks, that would be great!i am using the broken one but every few games it pops out and it’s so frustrating.

#10291 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

@weasly Saw one local on CL for 500-. Ad is still active from 5 days ago.
-Mike

Thanks, I think I missed out on that one. I told the seller to let me know if the deal falls through.

Not relying on my Craigslist alerts anymore though!

#10292 1 year ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Name a car dealership or a furniture store that doesn’t have a sale going 365/24/7.

Remember, it's not a sale....it's an EVENT.

#10293 1 year ago
Quoted from weasley:

Thanks, I think I missed out on that one. I told the seller to let me know if the deal falls through.
Not relying on my Craigslist alerts anymore though!

Craigslist alerts???

#10294 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Craigslist alerts???

execute a search and then in the upper right you can save search, once you save on the left you can check the alert box. You must have a CL account to do this.

Dave

#10295 1 year ago

I need a JP subway ramp if someone has one local.

#10296 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

He's posted in Philly craigslist also!! Mr. pinball ads every day.

#10297 1 year ago

Anyone have a WCS, Baywatch or Shadow for sale?

#10298 1 year ago

Tron LE Posted - Pics in market place. Loaded with mods. Documented HUO. I'm the only owner. $12k obo.

#10299 1 year ago

Archived after 33 days
Not sold
Machine - For Trade
Medieval Madness Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished “Real nice, original MM: Comet LED's (including flashers), SuperBand rubbers (not just flippers), Cliffys, PinBlades, plastic protectors, Pinnovators sub-out board/headphone jack, M...”
2018-03-19
Gettysburg, PA
Trade

worth the drive.

#10300 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

oh, that's a relief...because I thought it was because a bunch of d!cks post here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 25.50
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
There are 14447 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 289.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside