5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,420 posts
  • 780 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by dracula40
  • Topic is favorited by 417 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,356 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_163004_(resized).jpg
tmp_5553-20160803_113350-1414929868.jpg
20160801_200751_(resized).jpg
20160802_232803_(resized).jpg
20160802_232233_(resized).jpg
IMG_3895_(resized).JPG
IMG_3877_(resized).JPG
IMG_3878_(resized).JPG
IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

There are 14420 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 289.
#6201 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah demo mans are 2500 shopped all day long

Oh man, and here I've passed on 3 or 4 unshopped demo mans in the last year. All while I could have gotten a shopped one for 2-2300ish. once you hit the 2500 mark its a tough sell as most find JD to be a better game and that is its going rate these days.

#6202 2 years ago

I've had a few Demomen over the years, I wouldn't pay more than mid teens for one, not sure why anyone else would. It's an okay game.

That goes for Judge Dredd too, and Getaway, etc. Why everyone keeps pushing and pushing these titles up with all these ridiculous numbers is beyond me. If you're going to spend $2500 for a twenty year old semi lame movie pin, save a little more and buy something new, or better.
Sold a decent Demoman in 2013 or 14' for $1300.

The price increases without bending much gets tiring. I swear the games mentioned above spend more time trading or changing hands than actually being played and staying in a collection for years, this possible fact says it all.

#6203 2 years ago

JD is a horrible game Demo Man has the best flow and combo system of any wide body ever made

#6204 2 years ago

Bought my demo man in 2011 for $1100. Too bad it's not 2011 anymore.

#6205 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Too bad it's not 2011 anymore.

Why? Because people were smarter back then?

#6206 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Why? Because people were smarter back then?

No, my parents were still alive.

And pinball was cheaper.

#6207 2 years ago

Will be having a Batman Dark Knight pinball for sale soon not huo but very nice and has the following mods
Shaker motor, full flipper fidelity sound system, custom led backbox lights, all purple super bands, fully leded in cointaker premium LEDs, custom cards, and cliffy protector installed cabinet and playfield look great. Please pm me for more info
Thanks

#6208 2 years ago

Had trouble getting 2k for my beautiful modded dm.... both dm and jd are great pins for 2-2500 range

#6209 2 years ago

Wasn't trying to start another then vs now price war.
I'm just trying to pay some bills after my day job has been slow the last 2 weeks.
Pinside states the average for demo man is 2335. I see them on the Facebook groups go for 2500+.
I figured it being unshopped 2000 is more than fair for the couple hours of work and a $27 rubber kit.

#6210 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

JD is a horrible game Demo Man has the best flow and combo system of any wide body ever made

I'd agree with you on JD but Demo Man is no masterpiece. Way too easy, unless the flippers are weak, and then it's almost unplayable.

#6211 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd agree with you on JD but Demo Man is no masterpiece. Way too easy, unless the flippers are weak, and then it's almost unplayable.

Says someone who can hit their shots worth a damn

#6212 2 years ago

i'll bite. why is JD bad?

#6213 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'll bite. why is JD bad?

It's a huge wide game with a ton of unnecessary wasted space - for me that's probably why I'm not a huge fan. Also has a pretty lame wizard mode.

Many people just love the game, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

#6214 2 years ago

That goes for Judge Dredd too, and Getaway, etc. Why everyone keeps pushing and pushing these titles up with all these ridiculous numbers is beyond me. If you're going to spend $2500 for a twenty year old semi lame movie pin, save a little more and buy something new, or better.

It's all relative bro. Back when Demo Man, HS2, etc were trading freely at $1,000-$1500, you could easily find a NEW Stern for $4000, or you could get a used late model one for $3,000. So do the math.

yes, you can "save a little more" and buy a new game - if by that you mean save an additional $2500-5000, which is a lot of money. And, used games don't go cheap anymore - everybody buys a pro for $5000, loads it with a bunch of tacky mods, and then asks $6,000 for it when they try to sell it. You buy a used late model game that isn't called WWE and you can consider yourself lucky getting it for a few hundred under new price.

You start looking at what new and used late model games cost these days, and a $2500 T2 is gonna look like a whole lot of pin for the money for many people.

#6215 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a huge wide game with a ton of unnecessary wasted space - for me that's probably why I'm not a huge fan. Also has a pretty lame wizard mode.
Many people just love the game, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Huge game, and tiny play. It always felt like I couldn't find the ball in that mess.

Demo Man on the other hand, been in my house more than 4 years. I couldn't imagine getting rid of it. It's special in my opinion because of the more relaxed play. Nothing too complex, just wonderful combo after combo. Fun multiballs, and fun modes. After a rough night on Tron or IM, DM is awesome.

#6216 2 years ago

Doesn't a JD vs DM poll happen like every 6 months? I think JD usually wins.

I've had both a long time and can't imagine selling soon.

#6217 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You start looking at what new and used late model games cost these days, and a $2500 T2 is gonna look like a whole lot of pin for the money for many people.

Coildnt agree more, the value in nib pins has all but disapeared for me. I find the pins in the 1500-3k range offer much better value and can be just as fun. My last few pickups have been ft, fh, t2, wwf and ww. Love them all just as much as i like playing my twd prem. Also have bw and wwfrr, very happy with them. As much as id love to own a hobbit, i just cant justify it.

That said, some lower end games are also losing value for me, including bsd and ts, which at over 3k, i just dont feel are worth it. DM is another, sat for months at 1500 just 3 years ago, all of a sudden its 2500,.some asking over 3k. I suspect as nib prices continually price people out, the lower end is getting pulled up. Stern and jjp better watch out with these price increases...its not good for the industry if games are increasingly out of reach or not viewed as providing value.

Now back to the Northeast fs thread...

#6218 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's all relative bro. Back when Demo Man, HS2, etc were trading freely at $1,000-$1500, you could easily find a NEW Stern for $4000, or you could get a used late model one for $3,000. So do the math.
yes, you can "save a little more" and buy a new game - if by that you mean save an additional $2500-5000, which is a lot of money. And, used games don't go cheap anymore - everybody buys a pro for $5000, loads it with a bunch of tacky mods, and then asks $6,000 for it when they try to sell it. You buy a used late model game that isn't called WWE and you can consider yourself lucky getting it for a few hundred under new price.

Not sure where you're seeing used Stern pros -sell- for $6K, or anywhere close. (Asking prices are another story...)

I've been keeping an eye on TWD pro prices, and there's a routed one in this very thread for $4200, and several HUO examples on pinside from the past few months that were listed at $4300.

#6219 2 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Not sure where you're seeing used Stern pros -sell- for $6K, or anywhere close. (Asking prices are another story...)
I've been keeping an eye on TWD pro prices, and there's a routed one in this very thread for $4200, and several HUO examples on pinside from the past few months that were listed at $4300.

TRON pro

#6220 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Musketed know his demo mans he has owned 12 different ones lol not kidding.

#6221 2 years ago

Holy hell.

#6222 2 years ago

laser Cue complete kinda works but needs love $300
Superman Atari Very nice shape. $1000
Ice Fever Gottlieb $not sure Ill take some offers. I cant find any recent sales

all 3 machines are complete but all will need some kind of work

#6223 2 years ago

True. That one is kind of an outlier however, in its popularity and collectibility, and the fact that no vault edition is out now or otherwise forthcoming.

LOTR, SM, even IM if you search hard enough, can be had for $5K or under.

#6224 2 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

True. That one is kind of an outlier however, in its popularity and collectibility, and the fact that no vault edition is out now or otherwise forthcoming.
LOTR, SM, even IM if you search hard enough, can be had for $5K or under.

Agreed on all accounts

#6225 2 years ago

Actually I have now owned 15 different times; not sure if that is a record but the game is easily one of my all time favs and a top 10 for sure

#6226 2 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Again, that's $2000-2500 over your average price for a b-list 90s game. Not exactly pocket change. The theory I'm disputing is "just save a little more" and buy a late model stern.

#6227 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Musketed know his demo mans he has owned 12 different ones lol not kidding.

That's awesome.

We all know Derek goes through games like I go through cool ranch Doritos but he must really like that one.

#6228 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's awesome.
We all know Derek goes through games like I go through cool ranch Doritos but he must really like that one.

Sounds like he "wants" to like it.

Oh, I sold my JD for $950 with an extra playfield. But that was about 8 years ago.

#6229 2 years ago

Selling a New Out of Box Ghostbusters Premium.. Includes some uninstalled Mods.

Archived after 1 day
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Selling a Brand New Out of Box Ghostbusters Premium.Just opened and set up.Less than 15 plays. Playfield date is August 19. Machine assembly date is September 19,2016. I will inclu...”
2016-10-08
Baltimore, MD

#6230 2 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Selling a New Out of Box Ghostbusters Premium.. Includes some uninstalled Mods.
NEW!machinefor salePlaced 2016-10-08 00:31 (today)For sale: Ghostbusters Premium NOOB“Selling a Brand New Out of Box Ghostbusters Premium.Just opened and set up.Less than 15 plays.
Playfield date is August 19.
Machin...” $ 6,400 stretch2 Baltimore, MD Home Used Only (HUO)

Damn that was fast!

#6231 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

No, my parents were still alive.
And pinball was cheaper.

That's one way to bring a conversation to a screeching halt. Sorry about your folks. Lost my dad in '07. Still think about him every day.

#6232 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Oh, I sold my JD for $950 with an extra playfield. But that was about 8 years ago.

That's a shame because JD is a $1400 game.

#6233 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Sounds like he "wants" to like it.

I bought mine in 2008 for $990. I guess i over paid...

#6234 2 years ago

Sale Pending on GB Premium.

#6235 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Again, that's $2000-2500 over your average price for a b-list 90s game. Not exactly pocket change. The theory I'm disputing is "just save a little more" and buy a late model stern.

You haven't had nearly every game made like I have, so I have the experience with what is a very good value, versus not so much. T2 is a cool looking game/theme and plays okay for a shallow rule set. It's not $2500 cool and never will be (in my opinion)

The theory you're disputing is essentially having TWO average at best WPC games at what many are calling ''Market price'' against a $5000 stern.
I personally want the fresh blood, the hard rules, the fun game, and one that has never been played 50,000 times- a brand new game. I'd rather have the one new over the two old, but that's just me.

You apparently are the opposite, because you just bought two WPC games from me, and I bent a lot down from my very reasonable asking prices. My point was, this is not typical seller behavior. So unless you find a seller like me, that's willing to work a great deal, you'll see a lot of bleh games not worth their asking prices, with no solid enough reason to revisit at these prices. For those that just want variety, okay. But even that only goes so far.

#6236 2 years ago

Finishing up a JP with the nicest pf and plastics I have see on Jp. Almost no scoop wear. Don't see any broken plastics. New Rom code added. Ps 5v being rebuilt and new fuse clips. Cab has a few rough spots but not terrible. Legs are pretty bad
Just shopped. New rom code, New rubbers, color post sleeves, pf waxed, rebuilt burned connector, apron cards, LEDs in GI. T. rex working great.

2400 OBO. Trades for ES, Tron, twd or SM. Have a few interested from another site but seeing what's out there. Game is in md

#6237 2 years ago

Slugfest - 1400
Jokerz - 1300

#6239 2 years ago

Just listed my HUO Iron Man in the marketplace.

Archived after 7 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Up for sale is my Iron Man that I've had in my collection for a few years now. I believe I have the title of who paid the most for their Iron Man. I bought it literally 3 weeks b...”
2016-10-10
Lehigh Valley, PA

Might also be listing my Tron shortly. I promised 1st shot to a friend, waiting for his answer.

X-Men still available for $3800.

Might put a Batman Forever that needs a shop job up for sale also. Price would be $2300 firm.

#6240 2 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just listed my HUO Iron Man in the marketplace. NEW!machinefor salePlaced 2016-10-09 21:42 (today)For sale: Iron Man (Stern, 2010)“Up for sale is my Iron Man that I've had in my collection for a few years now.

I believe I have the title of who paid the most f...” $ 4,300 Butch2099 Lehigh Valley, PA Home Used Only (HUO)
Might also be listing my Tron shortly. I promised 1st shot to a friend, waiting for his answer.
X-Men still available for $3800.
Might put a Batman Forever that needs a shop job up for sale also. Price would be $2300 firm.

Might be interested in your Tron. This coming from a person who swore he was going to clean house....

#6241 2 years ago

You apparently are the opposite, because you just bought two WPC games from me, and I bent a lot down from my very reasonable asking prices.

I'm not sure how this has anything to do with this discussion, except that yes, I'm clearly someone who would rather have 3 (or four!) 90s games than one Hobbit, and there are many people like that.

I was very happy with our deal and I thought you were too. Hope that is the case and hope you are enjoying your Hobbit, which you seemed excited about, and that our deal helped facilitate.

#6242 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Might be interested in your Tron. This coming from a person who swore he was going to clean house....

Lol..got a few emails, will try to get an answer from my buddy today if he is taking it or not.

#6244 2 years ago

Williams Top Dawg Shuffle Alley Bowler located in South Glens Falls, NY 12803

Pictures here:

http://s793.photobucket.com/user/scottinsgfny/library/Top%20Dawg%20Shuffle%20Alley

Great shape - works up to 4 players - (Displays for player 5 & 6 not working but if you replace can be up to 6 players!)
Beautiful original - original paint & graphics - I've had several of these shuffle alleys and this is the nicest one I have run across!
Has a System 111 Pinball MPU Board - no corrosion - added a remote battery holder.

Slight damage to the Score Marquee - doesn't look bad - but wanted to point it out.
New Metal Plate installed and new score cards.

$900 or Make an offer. Will consider trades on Pinball Machines - not interested in EM's (I can add cash depending on what you have)
Easy pick up - no stairs - it's in my garage.

#6245 2 years ago

New, never opened Shadow plastics set $165 shipping included.

#6246 2 years ago

WWF royal rumble...very nice shape.

Archived after 13 days
Sold for $ 2,300
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Up for sale is my WWF RR. -Game is in very nice condition and plays perfectly. -Playfield is very clean, no visible wear. I tore most of the top of the game apart and cleaned...”
2016-10-10
Upper Freehold, NJ

#6247 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/stern-24

HUO 24, beautiful condition. Second owner, looks fantastic. Pics upon request. $3600, located in Belchertown, MA, 01007.

Will trade towards a Metallica Pro or Walking Dead pro (with some $$$ added).

#6248 2 years ago

HUO LOTR. Needs nothing. Easy access for buyer or I can deliver within reason. $6k firm. I'm only selling to get another LOTR.

#6249 2 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

HUO LOTR. Needs nothing. Easy access for buyer or I can deliver within reason. $6k firm. I'm only selling to get another LOTR.

Wot?

#6250 2 years ago

LE upgrade maybe?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Deadpool Premium Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 279.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Hardware
The MOD Couple
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 299.00
$ 218.00
$ 229.99
$ 10.95
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 269.00
Lighting - Led
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
There are 14420 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 289.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside