5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,814 posts
  • 787 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 minutes ago by msj2222
  • Topic is favorited by 425 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,356 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_163004_(resized).jpg
tmp_5553-20160803_113350-1414929868.jpg
20160801_200751_(resized).jpg
20160802_232803_(resized).jpg
20160802_232233_(resized).jpg
IMG_3895_(resized).JPG
IMG_3877_(resized).JPG
IMG_3878_(resized).JPG
IMG_3882_(resized).JPG
IMG_3883_(resized).JPG
IMG_3890_(resized).JPG
IMG_3884_(resized).JPG
IMG_3892_(resized).JPG
IMG_3893_(resized).JPG
IMG_3894_(resized).JPG
IMG_4755_(resized).JPG

There are 14814 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 297.
#5401 3 years ago

This thread has to remain free!
There has to be just one thing in this life without a toll, tax or tariff.
I'll gladly double my yearly contribution to keep the lights on but just leave this these Northeast stallions running free without an EZ Pass weighing us down.
~these are not the droids you are looking for~

image_(resized).jpg

#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

This thread has to remain free!
There has to be just one thing in this life without a toll, tax or tariff.
I'll gladly double my yearly contribution to keep the lights on but just leave this these Northeast stallions running free without an EZ Pass weighing us down.
~these are not the droids you are looking for~

It's easy to skip the Pinside fee, John.

Step 1: You text me what machines you have for sale.
Step 2: I buy them.

#5403 3 years ago

I agree. There is now a sellers fee on games in the marketplace, and I can't list a game here without an ad in the market place I will just stop posting games here entirely.

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I agree. There is now a sellers fee on games in the marketplace, and I can't list a game here without an ad in the market place I will just stop posting games here entirely.

The fees have been in place almost a year now, I think.

They aren't unreasonable, especially if you've donated something in the past year.

For example, if you're selling a system 80 game, most fall into the tier 1 category, making it only $3.75. A coffee at Starbucks is more than that.

On the other hand, I usually have to figure about a 15% fee for selling on ebay these days, so selling something here to another pinsider is a better deal for me (and the buyer). I'd rather see a small fee go to something I enjoy and support, rather than fork over a tidy sum to the behemuth that is ebay.

Then there's craigslist where each new email is its own adventure.

2016-07-27_01.13.23_(resized).png

#5405 3 years ago

I love craigslist as much as taxman loves beezlebob. So looks like that's where my games will be headed!

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

had plenty of adventures here!

#5407 3 years ago

Facebook groups are free..I have sold a bunch of stuff there.

#5408 3 years ago

Up for sale is a Stern Spider Man.

Game is in nice shape.

All LED's, Mirror Blades, Superbands, new balls & Shaker Motor have been added.

Plays fast & as it should.

Cabinet is very nice with some minor scratches.

Playfield is very nice. Doc Ock closeups are in the Photobucket album along with lots of other photos.

Left ramp has signs of repair but is pretty solid. (close ups taken)

Some pictures were taken before the mirror blades were added.

Game is located near Bethlehem PA.

Asking $4950

Shipping is not a problem via Pilot Air terminal to terminal service. this means you have to pick the game up at a terminal near you.

http://s788.photobucket.com/…/Bu…/library/Stern%20Spider-Man

Also in Marketplace..

#5409 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I love craigslist as much as taxman loves beezlebob.

I'm glad somebody recognizes how creepy that guy is.

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm glad somebody recognizes how creepy that guy is.

You know I have been leaving you alone. After meeting you in person I truly felt sorry for you. But the gloves are off. Hmmm, I wonder if there are any threads about someone ruining am EM.

As for the rest of the thread. I have not ever bought or sold anything through the marketplace. I rarely go there. I always check this thread as it bumps to the top often.

#5411 3 years ago

Just curios but what if you only want to trade a game? How do the rules/ fees apply?

#5412 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I love craigslist as much as taxman loves beezlebob. So looks like that's where my games will be headed!

Sorry to hear, that's unfortunate. I've always enjoyed seeing the varied parade of titles you seem to dig up and offer for fair prices.

#5413 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Just curios but what if you only want to trade a game? How do the rules/ fees apply?

I'm not sure actually. It looks like the same fees might apply.

#5414 3 years ago

Not really feeling these new rules! But I guess it really doesn't matter right now because I have nothing to sell/trade.

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Remove the leg bolts and a half-dozen LEDs and send 'em to Robin.

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I'm still looking for my first pin but I found the part of the marketplace search that lets you specify a radius around you and set that as my default.
Seems to work well.
Is the only reason why people avoid posting in the marketplace because there's an expectation that you'll donate to the site upon sale?

I would be cautious regardless and uncheck the 'distance' feature as I noticed some ads don't have proper location information and you end up missing listings.

#5417 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The fees have been in place almost a year now, I think.
They aren't unreasonable, especially if you've donated something in the past year.
For example, if you're selling a system 80 game, most fall into the tier 1 category, making it only $3.75. A coffee at Starbucks is more than that.
On the other hand, I usually have to figure about a 15% fee for selling on ebay these days, so selling something here to another pinsider is a better deal for me (and the buyer). I'd rather see a small fee go to something I enjoy and support, rather than fork over a tidy sum to the behemuth that is ebay.

I don't agree with you very often, but this time I actually do. The fees are more than reasonable. Try selling something on eBay or Amazon, then find out what it REALLY feels like to be fleeced!

Combine reasonable fees with an audience that is dedicated to pinball, it's a seller's ideal set-up. Stang, it costs money to run this site, so to have fees that are reasonable is justified.

#5418 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Not really feeling these new rules!

From a quick rummage through other regional threads, it looks like we are the test region for this, or at least the test region for enforcing it. I didn't see any mention of it in the other threads.

It isn't that I have an issue with rule changes, it is that it needs to be enforced the same across the board or it feels capricious.

#5419 3 years ago

Since you only pay a fee if the game sells - does that explain why most sale threads end without a sale?

Seriously though - compared to dealing with eBay and their buyer friendly chargeback system for anything even when it's buyers fault... this is a good deal here.

#5420 3 years ago

Anyone remember rec.games.pinball? (I know you all do). Newsgroups were always free.....and just as effective.

Isn't the Internet paid for by advertising anyways?

The problem with the marketplace here is without the regional threads there might as well not be any social interaction. Most of the people I've met in this hobby have been buying and selling via this thread.

Just my two cents.

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Anyone remember rec.games.pinball?

I do

And I still have HUO Transformers Decepticon LE for sale or trade if anyone is interested..... and its also been in the marketplace (not that anyone checks there, but I put it just in case)

#5422 3 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Isn't the Internet paid for by advertising anyways?

(Jack Sparrow voice) Look at all those ads

#5423 3 years ago

People who know me know I never sell. When I used to I would only sell local cash and carry anyway.

But as an old timer who does not have PayPal or ever do much in the way of e-commerce - How do you pay fees?

#5424 3 years ago

Didn't we have this exact discussion about the sale threads 10 pages ago?

#5425 3 years ago

I design sites... & update them. For a site like this it doesn't take too much $$$ to host & make small updates.

#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sorry to hear, that's unfortunate. I've always enjoyed seeing the varied parade of titles you seem to dig up and offer for fair prices.

Everyone here checks craigslist just as religiously as this thread. Im sure that I will reach about 90 percent of the population that reads the thread.

#5427 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Everyone here checks craigslist just as religiously as this thread. Im sure that I will reach about 90 percent of the population that reads the thread.

Just to play devil's advocate here. What's to prevent another person from linking to these craiglist ads? There are several threads for Craigslist finds, and those doesn't have to pay a fee.

#5428 3 years ago

Facebook is the way to go anymore. Some groups are- Pinball machines for sale, pinball for sale, pinball classifieds, there are also Regional threads. Most of them have a few thousand members each.
I also think that people tend to be nicer because they're using their real name and pictures when commenting. If someone is being a dick, the moderators there just throw them out of the group.

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I hate Craigslist and rarely ever check it, mostly overpriced crap and "Pinball Wanted" idiots anyway. ....

I don't think the fee scale is bad at all, so it costs a beer to list a pin on a forum with your target audience? Just add $7.50 to your asking price if it bothers you that much. In the grand scheme of things, it's chump change. (Disclaimer: This part is a topic related comment, not directed at member quoted)

#5430 3 years ago

I rarely see any pins on craigslist any longer. I always did like putting out trade feelers on this thread like my recent one for my Frankenstein.

#5431 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Didn't we have this exact discussion about the sale threads 10 pages ago?

Pretty much. I'm not sure why it's such a shock.

Quoted from acedanger:

I design sites... & update them. For a site like this it doesn't take too much $$$ to host & make small updates.

There's a big difference between a stock wordpress site with a default template and this one with all sorts of interesting features that can't be found anywhere else.

Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

Just to play devil's advocate here. What's to prevent another person from linking to these craiglist ads? There are several threads for Craigslist finds, and those doesn't have to pay a fee.

Just someone's integrity, I imagine.

#5432 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pretty much. I'm not sure why it's such a shock.

There's a big difference between a stock wordpress site with a default template and this one with all sorts of interesting features that can't be found anywhere else.

I understand that... but once it's developed out it's not like you have to keep fixing it. I do more than just CMS

#5433 3 years ago

Anyone have a nice TFTC or Mousin' Around they'd like to sell?
Or maybe a Stern Galaxy or Gottlieb Amazing Spider-man?

#5434 3 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Anyone have a nice TFTC

This ends in 2 hours, if you like grainy pics...
ebay.com link

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

People who know me know I never sell. When I used to I would only sell local cash and carry anyway.
But as an old timer who does not have PayPal or ever do much in the way of e-commerce - How do you pay fees?

Credit or debit cards can be used. If you don't have either of those...I'm not sure. Robin may have to answer that one.

#5436 3 years ago

I miss the days when activity in this thread meant there were games for sale.

#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

From a quick rummage through other regional threads, it looks like we are the test region for this, or at least the test region for enforcing it. I didn't see any mention of it in the other threads.
It isn't that I have an issue with rule changes, it is that it needs to be enforced the same across the board or it feels capricious.

Other regional threads have gotten reminders before. It's just a couple of ads in this thread stood out for not being in the marketplace, so a reminder seemed appropriate.

#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Credit or debit cards can be used. If you don't have either of those...I'm not sure. Robin may have to answer that one.

This came up for discussion at one point in the past geared towards doing a donation for other Pinsiders. Either as a thank you or because of this situation. This way I could give a friend $ who has PayPal and have him do it for me. I thought Robin's reply was they were working on it so I thought PayPal was still the way you had to go.

I probably should read more. But harassing Beelzeboob takes up a lot of the little free time I have. But it is worth it.

#5439 3 years ago

Lets concentrate on selling stuff here boys and girls. This discussion has been had before, if you dont like the rules, sell elsewhere.

Now, who wants NBAFB?

#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I always did like putting out trade feelers on this thread like my recent one for my Frankenstein.

Feelers are one great use for the regional threads that aren't served by the Market at all currently. If I'm just going to casually throw something out there, I don't want to go through the entire submission process, which sends notifications to everyone on the site wishing for the pin, take pictures, think of a price, etc.

If I did get a sale through pinside after doing that though, I'd of course then fill out a market ad and mark it as sold (would be nice to have a shortcut for this), or send the donation directly.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Lets concentrate on selling stuff here boys and girls. This discussion has been had before, if you dont like the rules, sell elsewhere.
Now, who wants NBAFB?

I do not see this ad in the Marketplace

#5442 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

How would posting someone else's Craigslist ad on this or any thread have something to do with integrity? If someone other than myself, friend or not, posts an ad on Craigslist why couldn't one post it here?

If someone decides they want to sell a game outside of pinside to not pay a fee that is their right. Just because they have a pinside account doesn't mean they have to post it on pinside. So then why would knowing the person affect whether a 3rd party such as myself links to the Craigslist ad? Pecos or one of the Craigslist guys will find and post it anyway so what's the difference?

#5443 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I do not see this ad in the Marketplace

And now we shall commence with the chit chat.

#5444 3 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

How would posting someone else's Craigslist ad on this or any thread have something to do with integrity? If someone other than myself, friend or not, posts an ad on Craigslist why couldn't one post it here?

I originally read the earlier comment as someone posting a game to CL, then linking to their own CL ad here. Reading it again, I see that I misread it. So, no, there's no rule against posting links to random CL ads.

#5445 3 years ago

"Everyone here checks craigslist just as religiously as this thread. Im sure that I will reach about 90 percent of the population that reads the thread."
This is true. I look at both at least once a day.
I usually start with CL and end up here.
I check CL in the 5 surrounding New England states and New York.
The I check here and the Maryland FS thread.
I would drive that far for the right game.

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Other regional threads have gotten reminders before. It's just a couple of ads in this thread stood out for not being in the marketplace, so a reminder seemed appropriate.

Is there a place on the forums or pinside that describes how to tell a what tier a game is and what about when it is a trade situation? I have no issue chipping a little back to use the site for all the info I get from it. I just like to know all the rules an policies so that I can stay inside the rules.

#5447 3 years ago

There are game for sale over in the Maryland FS thread

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Do you have some statistics to back up your claim that everyone here checks CL just as religiously as this thread? And how about some statistics to back your claim that you will reach about 90 percent of the population that reads the thread? Love it when someone else speaks for 'everyone' before they are elected to do so.

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Do you have some statistics to back up your claim that everyone here checks CL just as religiously as this thread? And how about some statistics to back your claim that you will reach about 90 percent of the population that reads the thread? Love it when someone else speaks for 'everyone' before they are elected to do so.

When you see his CL posts they are usually on the CT New Haven and Harford areas. I see them all the time. I'd say 90 for his area of seeing them is a pretty good guestament.

#5450 3 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Is there a place on the forums or pinside that describes how to tell a what tier a game is and what about when it is a trade situation? I have no issue chipping a little back to use the site for all the info I get from it. I just like to know all the rules an policies so that I can stay inside the rules.

Currently, trades are treated the same as games for sale.

As for the question about tiers, I'll have to defer to Robin for that one. He should have a post up in the next day or so with more details about the marketplace and the questions that have come up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 22.00
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 89.99
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
There are 14814 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 297.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside